Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841127 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1095 on: May 03, 2015, 05:07:28 PM »
Well, I finally done my part with the Art-Trade with Haiz

I'm practicing (is that even a Word? I dunno) new poses so... this one is a Little bit weird, also, tomorrow probably I won't be online too much time (school and stuff).
Anyways, I hope you like it ^w^

That's cool!  Is it the yoga Tree Pose?  In some religious/spiritual traditions body poses are important conduits for calling on particular powers/moods, so I could see a creative seiđr practitioner like Haiz trying yoga (or the Icelandic-pagan equivalent). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1096 on: May 03, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »
That's cool!  Is it the yoga Tree Pose?  In some religious/spiritual traditions body poses are important conduits for calling on particular powers/moods, so I could see a creative seiđr practitioner like Haiz trying yoga (or the Icelandic-pagan equivalent).
Thanks!
And, yes it is, is a yoga pose. I think, like you said, it's the tree. I have to ask my mother because she practices reiki and it's pretty similar to yoga.
Also, because she's a mage, she probably would do that (at least, that's what I think).
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1097 on: May 03, 2015, 05:14:52 PM »
Unlos: I'm so glad you like it ^___________________^

I'm practicing (is that even a Word? I dunno) new poses so... this one is a Little bit weird, also, tomorrow probably I won't be online too much time (school and stuff).
eeeeeee thank you!!! VERY SERIOUS MAGE MEDITATION POSE. Also nice job on my outfit!!

I'm gonna do yours...... during this week sometime...... Thanks for your patience^^"

Sunflower: sorry to shatter your dreams, I'm pretty sucky at yoga. I mean I've tried yoga, but I'm way too fidgety and stiff....... but for the sake of magic, anything.
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1098 on: May 03, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »

(Yeah, it is a word)
The pose looks pretty good, actually! I think you've got a good handle on it.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1099 on: May 03, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
eeeeeee thank you!!! VERY SERIOUS MAGE MEDITATION POSE. Also nice job on my outfit!!

I'm gonna do yours...... during this week sometime...... Thanks for your patience^^"

Hehe, thanks!
Take Your time ^^

(Yeah, it is a word)
The pose looks pretty good, actually! I think you've got a good handle on it.

Hehe!
The only thing hard to do are the hands. I don't like hands. They're evil.
-hides in the shadow-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1100 on: May 03, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »
The only thing hard to do are the hands. I don't like hands. They're evil.
I agree. I would totally be down with humans all having hooves or something on our arms. With thumbs I guess, to hold the pen?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #1101 on: May 03, 2015, 06:22:02 PM »
I agree. I would totally be down with humans all having hooves or something on our arms. With thumbs I guess, to hold the pen?

Amorphous blobs are the only correct answer to the evil of hands. Only problem is, with enough time, we'd start automatically over-analyzing those blobs, and would have to figure out how to make them "look right"... seeing something so often makes it absurdly hard to draw, strangely.
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1102 on: May 03, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
I resisted, but the mighty power of Windfighter and Lars_B's evil enabling have caused me to create a character. Basically me, but different. Janni Tähtivaara, Finnish skald/mage. She lives in Mora currently. I figure she is from Keuruu, but then moved to Mora for further studies. I believe she is into biology, specifically with animals, and has a strong interest in feline communication. I have her in Finnish and Swedish clothes, since she probably needs to blend in a bit more when living there, but keeps her Finnish clothes (and kantele and puukko) for field wear.

Janni Tähtivaara
Nationality: Finn
Area of birth: Keuruu
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Skald, Mage
Languages: Finnish, Swedish, Icelandic

Wow, nobody's made a new oc in a while! Anyway, the Infodump has been duly updated with your character (who looks great by the way - I love both her Finnish and Swedish uniforms, they're very unique!).
Aaand here we go: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.g9c1282bb9_7_0
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1103 on: May 03, 2015, 07:09:38 PM »

I vote completely armless. We'd draw with our feet, natch.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1104 on: May 03, 2015, 08:24:57 PM »
I just went through the infodump and saw something that needed correction. Ilmari is a scout by trade. I realize that I didn't put that in the original bio I wrote up, and just went into things he was interested in, so he got put down as a cook.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1105 on: May 03, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »
Starfallz: welcome to the crew!!! I like your draws

i finished my part of the trade!!!

READY TO WHACK TROLLS WITH THE GLORIOUS APPLE PICKER

I hope you like it ^_________^ and i hope it feels enough, after all the backgroundstuffs you did.... wow.... also i have no idea what hair colour so I just gave you the norwegianest hair colour I could think of

She looks beautiful :D I've never seen an apple picker before, but food collection tool and weapon in one sounds brilliant!

Welcome to the team! :D I really like the Finnish uniform!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

StellersJayC

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Happy!
« Reply #1106 on: May 04, 2015, 12:18:13 AM »
I really like this thread. I have a bad habit of skimming through posts, but not here. This thread is so happy and I love it. :)

Haiz: those drawings of everyone are so cute! I'm joining the they-all-look-unique club.

Starfallz: I wanted to compliment you on how legible your handwriting is. I don't know many people with handwriting that great - either it's chicken scratch or pretty but impossible to decipher.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2015, 12:29:22 AM »
pretty but impossible to decipher.
*raises hand* me.
Unless I'm trying really hard, my handwriting devolves into this half-cursive mess, with all kinds of weird swirls and things sticking out. I should post a picture of my notes somewhere on here at some point, it's kinda ridiculous.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2015, 12:38:25 AM »
Unlos: hhhh that forest looks amazing I have to go there
ALSO
i finished my part of the trade!!!

READY TO WHACK TROLLS WITH THE GLORIOUS APPLE PICKER

Ohhh, is *that* what it is.  I wondered if it was a lacrosse stick.  Well, in y90, probably Mikkel is the only one who's even heard of lacrosse, and all the sticks were long ago turned into apple pickers (kind of like beating your swords into plowshares...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »
*raises hand* me.
Unless I'm trying really hard, my handwriting devolves into this half-cursive mess, with all kinds of weird swirls and things sticking out. I should post a picture of my notes somewhere on here at some point, it's kinda ridiculous.

Mine's not even pretty; when I take notes in pen it's atrocious. I can write whole sentences with one line, and it's not even cursive so it just looks like a mess, eheh.