Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842871 times)

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #765 on: April 22, 2015, 02:17:49 AM »
Ahh, I see some cute new ssssonas that have joined in! And:

ok i'm gonna FIGHT SOMETHING since 3 of you posted all at once just as i thought i was done D: quabus you will be included.... in the next batch. i am so sorry.

From left to right, because my handwriting is literally unintelligible here: Oh Deer, tabeabd, silenter, wildfire
Daéa, RealRedCloudYT
Elrew, KicknRun, princeofdoom, StellersJayC

You guys are all super adorable!! I love your character designs • v •  Keep it up!

Also, Haiz, that's so cool!! I hate drawing chainsaws as well but DANG YOU MADE IT LOOK GOOD what a cool draw omg

HAPPY SCREECHING
Everyone looks so adorable and you made me look like 28365x prettier than I am! Thank you :)
I also second the comment about Haiz's drawing! Wow that's awesome!
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #766 on: April 22, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
For Almond-Goddess~

So adorable!  One super artist in another's style -- gotta love it!  (Especially the falcon perched oh-so-casually on Almond-Goddess's head...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #767 on: April 22, 2015, 02:56:07 AM »
For Almond-Goddess~

AHHH PINEY this looks AMAZING! Thankyouthankyouthankyou I promise to get started my part of the trade soon! <3
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #768 on: April 22, 2015, 03:02:56 AM »
Right-o. Here ya go, Fimbulvarg!

There's a lot of things I want to discuss about this piece but...*flops into bed*
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #769 on: April 22, 2015, 03:16:29 AM »
Almond-Goddess: that's... holy wow that's amazing... there's nothing I don't love about that picture! Excuse me while I stare in awe! (Is that... an actual giant in the back?)

Piney: that's super cute! Awwww the burd. :3

Curry: brilliant work as always!

Annnnd this thread has again grown out of any limit of awesomeness (it just keeps doing that), please accept my blanket praise again everyone!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #770 on: April 22, 2015, 03:23:11 AM »

There's a lot of things I want to discuss about this piece but...*flops into bed*
Wow. (This forum really need an heart smiley.) Every time I see on of your drawing I love your work a bit more :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #771 on: April 22, 2015, 04:43:49 AM »
Daéa Reina: Very pretty! I'm happy we're getting people who know what they're doing ^^

Silenter: So cute! I really like what you did with the outfit! It fits in well with the canon outfits but feels original at the same time :D

Haiz: That's so cool! The chainsaw is looking really good!

Curry: Beautiful work as always! Everyone is adorable in your style! =3

Piney: Gosh I love how the falcon is perched on her head!

Almond-Goddess: WOW! You keep blowing my mind with every piece you post!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #772 on: April 22, 2015, 05:53:53 AM »
Okay general question time, cause this ficlet wants to go dark.
What would your reaction to losing a crew member be? (don't worry, it won't be any of you, unless you want to volunteer. . .)

Well darn, that's definitely taking a darker turn…. I guess in the immediate aftermath (assuming the team was still in a dangerous situation) my 'sona would probably be the awful excuse of a human being who's telling everyone else to get their stuff together if they don't want to be next :/ Once everyone was safe it would probably be a mixture of being obnoxiously cheery, and over-normalising everything while trying to cheer everyone up, and maybe eventually giving up and walking far away from people to be alone

Quietly wandering off to burn down a row of buildings.

Edit: Oh wait you meant my ssss'sona's reaction..... Eh....probably about the same but with more explosions.

Seems like a totally legit and healthy reaction to me, and those buildings are probably filled with trolls as well so you're really helping out everyone!

*Eeeeeeeek*, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, wow! Lookit the pretty art trades!!!! Haiz, Piney and Almond Goddess those are just so cool and wonderful (and you guys are just wonderful as well of course)! Haiz I've no idea why a chainsaw would need a knife attached to it, but I'm going to assume that the logic of "all things are better with sharp things attached" applies :P (It is a good chainsaw by the way, and quite a shame that it will be your last to draw :( ). Piney I just want to stroke the feathers, they just seem so poofy and soft. Great job on bird, and ya know, all the rest of the picture as well of course :P . Almond Goddess - Have I ever said how much I like your art style? Because if not then there's something very wrong with past-me! The picture is just so creepy and beautiful, and the way that the tentacles seem to frame Fimbulvarg give me chills. I can't even say that the troll parts are gross, because overwhelmingly it's just haunting and lovely.

Also welcome to new 'sonas :D You're all looking great and it's wonderful to have you all on board :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #773 on: April 22, 2015, 06:56:07 AM »
What would your reaction to losing a crew member be? (don't worry, it won't be any of you, unless you want to volunteer. . .)
Is this directed to all of us or only the scouts?

My ssssona would probably try cry a little at first, then become oddly calm and comforting the others. Then when she's alone she would bawl her eyes out until she falls asleep from exhaustion.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #774 on: April 22, 2015, 07:13:58 AM »
Ahh blanket thank you to everyone who said nice things about the SSSSona draws! I will just say again that if anybody wants to do an art trade please let me do something better than this because I spent approximately 2 seconds on each of you and I'd feel really bad if I couldn't do something cool hhhh

Probably cry a lot and go about like normal, but... sobbing. Once Karri starts Karri doesn't stop until there are no more tears to cry ahaha
(Cooking things like. Here are your tear-soaked waffles. Don't add any more salt or you'll pop an artery)
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #775 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:11 AM »
Here's my last batch of thank-you sketches!

If I forgot anyone who drew/wrote about my ssssona, please tell me =)

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #776 on: April 22, 2015, 11:35:10 AM »
So adorable!  One super artist in another's style -- gotta love it!  (Especially the falcon perched oh-so-casually on Almond-Goddess's head...)
Piney: that's super cute! Awwww the burd. :3
Piney: Gosh I love how the falcon is perched on her head!
Piney I just want to stroke the feathers, they just seem so poofy and soft. Great job on bird, and ya know, all the rest of the picture as well of course :P .

~blanket thanks to you guys~
(but Gwenno, funny you say that because I've never drawn a bird outside of lineart and I wasn't even sure if the feathers were successful)

AHHH PINEY this looks AMAZING! Thankyouthankyouthankyou I promise to get started my part of the trade soon! <3

So happy you like it! ^v^ Can't wait to see yours, but no rush!

Eee, thank you! Made me look all cool and composed, heh.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #777 on: April 22, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »
I'm stepping up my art trade game
Fimbulvarg, troll puncher extraordinai- hang on is that a chainsaw

(first and last time drawing a chainsaw)

Whoop, I'm super happy with it!! I like the vivid colours and the dynamic pose! It radiates all that (misplaced?) confidence a hunter Odin's chosen warrior with a (golden) chainsaw would have! Maybe it could be the scene preceding Laufey's picture chronologically :P

You took me by surprise but I've nevertheless got good news: I hope to finish my part of the art trade by tomorrow night! I just need to redo some parts that I'd like to be better.

I'm so glad I signed up for this art trade because that is absolutely outstanding! And so immensely well composed, the balance between light and shadows, focus and background - it's just so professionally done! And I think you've really captured a lot of Minna's style in how to portray trolls.

Man, what a great day; two awe-inspiring art-trades waiting for me after a long day of shoveling clay! This is the good life.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #778 on: April 22, 2015, 11:49:04 AM »
This did not turn out the way I was expecting, it's more vague, but still somber.

The night was warm, too warm, as the day scouts returned. There was a pause in work as the small group was debriefed. The night scouts were already speaking among themselves, with Sequoyah translating between Icelandic and Finnish. Ilmari was the first to get up, and move forwards the dispatcher, quickly followed by the others.
"All the Day Scouts have returned. And the news they brought wasn't good." There was a pause as someone translated for those that couldn't understand. "The weather is unseasonally warm, and trolls are starting to stir." Hanna and Francesca, looked wide eyed, while Strelokov looked unmoved. "Tonight we want you to go in pairs, and scout for possible troll nests. But do not engage!" All eyes fell on Strelokov, who mumbled a soft 'fine'. The dispatcher looked between the scouts before her and sighed "I know that there is always the possibility that one of you may not return, but please be careful, so that we don't lose anyone." The scouts nodded solemnly, and then paired off, before being released.

The night was quiet, and the warmth was noted immediately by the scouts as the moved. There was no sign of anything out of the ordinary, just crumbled buildings, abandoned cars, and something stirring out of the sight of the scouts now moving between the ruins. The night was quiet, the air still and sticky, nothing made a sound. Sequoyah frowned, and looked over his shoulder at the other scout. They met eyes and a feeling of unease fell between them. An explosion of gunfire from a few blocks over spurred the two back into motion. They can around the corner in time to see the first team, fall beneath a wave of trolls. Bile rose into Sequoyah's mouth as he turned  to run, his partner frozen where they stood. Suddenly there was a warm, moistness across his side, and the other scout charging to him. They didn't waste any time getting back to the vehicle.

Three scouts did not return. The ones that did sat in silence, eyes trained on the floor. When morning came, there was a brief meeting to relay what had happened during the night. There was a moment of strange denial among the crew, then their was mournful signed, and sobs as reality set in. For a while a couple of people moved between members of the crew, attempting to cheer them, but to no avail. Soon there was silence as everyone found their own spots to morn. Losing was a hard thing, but it could always happen.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #779 on: April 22, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »
Oh! Forgot to mention - I would love to do some more art trades, so if anyone wants me to properly draw them and such, message me!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13: