Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841906 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #660 on: April 17, 2015, 06:08:12 PM »

Next one - Fimbulvarg. Seriously, I could not let the awesomeness of the fez-troll slide unavenged. :D I like to call this pic either "What Was That Sound" or "Sometimes Tying Sharp Things to Other Things Is a Good Idea".

(Larger version can be found here.)

Oh my actual Chtulhu lord of mercy and compassion !!

*starry eyes* I am at a loss for words here. Especially since you painted this by hand, even the trusty old Mk.I sash (blows my mind)!! I would literally draw your fez-troll a thousand times over for this. If this is vengeance then I'm a fan of vengeance apparently  ;D

A ski pole naginata? You're a gosh darn genius Laffi!

I like to call this pic either "What Was That Sound"
"It's that accordion again! It's coming fer me life!"

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #661 on: April 17, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

WHAT THE HECK THIS IS SO GORGEOUS excuse me as i kind of stare at it for ten thousand years

neglected responsibilities, bye forever

DancingRanger: that was a really cool storythingie!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:29:50 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #662 on: April 17, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »

Next one - Fimbulvarg. Seriously, I could not let the awesomeness of the fez-troll slide unavenged. :D I like to call this pic either "What Was That Sound" or "Sometimes Tying Sharp Things to Other Things Is a Good Idea".
AAAAAAAAAA HOW DO YOU EVEN???
SO PRETTY. *stands in wonder for millennia*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #663 on: April 17, 2015, 07:18:21 PM »
Fimbulvarg: I'm somewhat torn between a "thank you, sososo glad you liked it" and a "that'll teach you, hah". But I definitely like to get even that's for sure!  ;D

(A ski pole naginata - suddenly the ski pole is pretty useful on both ends. *nod nod*)

Haiz: sahfdasfgas thank you! Let's neglect our responsibilities everywhere. I mean hi.

Noodly: thank you, you guys are too nice here!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #664 on: April 17, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »
@KauniitaUnia: No it's not too late. 

Yay! I can't wait ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #665 on: April 17, 2015, 09:27:04 PM »
@frenci:

Absolutely magnificent.....I look like some kind of owl-beast......I LIKE IT!

@DancingRanger: looks neat I look forward to more.

Anyway......So I'm going to do a last call for if anyone wants to be on the dossier table that I'm going to draw up... before I start randomly start throwing darts and picking people at random.
Since I finished my bio, I'd  be up to it.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #666 on: April 17, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
Blurp two done! This time based from Laufey's awesome picture!

So that's what happened! The pictured did make it look very unplanned and panicky, which fits right in with the story :)

Everything you do is seriously so pretty and awesome! It looks like an epic fight for death has just ended and Fimbulvarg is looking back one last time to make sure that thing is really dead.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
@kahli: Sure. Any special notes you want added on the dossier Or just a basic but scant dossier? Also this is the correct post right?

Yep, that's the one. And other information for my SSSSsona is here -->http://ssssforum.pcriot.com/index.php?topic=359.msg24190#msg24190 . I added some stuff to the extra personality and quirks bit at the bottom. You can add as much or as little of it as you see fit.  :D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #668 on: April 18, 2015, 12:28:19 AM »
You'd think this wouldn;t have taken me so long, but I really debated some things.

Name: Ilmari Koskinen
Birthday: April 22
Immune: Yes
Nationality: Finnish (mixed with Norwegian)
Appearance: Dark straight hair, short everywhere except the forelocks, which tend to go behind his ears/get swept back. Green eyes, near-sighted and wears glasses to correct for it. Oval-ish face shape. Thick eyebrows, long upturned nose, thinner upper lip. 5'6, on the thin side, but wiry. Tends to wear comfortable clothing when not working as a night scout. Also vests.
Personality: Not mean, but kind of clueless in daily life, including being completely unable to understand simple instructions half the time or having no “common sense”. Gets along perfectly fine out in the forests sneaking around beasts and the occasional troll. Can't iron a shirt to save his own life.
Family and history: His father is a Finn skald and his mother is a Norwegian who traveled when she was younger and ended up meeting Ilmari's father and settling down there.
His father did have another son, Ilmari's half brother, who passed away for unknown reasons when Ilmari was a little under 13. The family had been planning to move to a Norwegian settlement with his mother's family, but the death put that off for a while
Talents/skills: On top of some basic skills for life, Ilmari does have some skill with magic though not quite enough to be a mage. He can cook well, and brings back the occasional wild herbs and mushrooms. He can speak some Norwegian and the related languages enough to get by if he really works at it. Then again, he doesn't really talk to new folks if not spoken to first, and tends to do simple tasks in odd ways.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:51:37 AM by princeofdoom »
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #669 on: April 18, 2015, 03:42:21 AM »
It looks like an epic fight for death has just ended and Fimbulvarg is looking back one last time to make sure that thing is really dead.

Yes, let's hope the fight for death has just ended, not begun. :D Thank you!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2015, 07:28:46 AM »
princeofdoom - your OC has been added to the Infodump! If you want you could also draw your character so we can see what he looks like, although you have given a really great description :)
[here's the slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.g99346ac0d_0_0 ]

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2015, 07:35:46 AM »
princeofdoom - your OC has been added to the Infodump! If you want you could also draw your character so we can see what he looks like, although you have given a really great description :)
[here's the slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.g99346ac0d_0_0 ]

I'm not that much of a visual artist so I've gotten used to describing people  a bit more when needed. But if I do get a good drawing, I'll post it.

ETA: I realized I had a typo in my character's bio but it's an important typo... Could someone who can edit the google thing change it from 'skold' to 'skald'?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:51:12 AM by princeofdoom »
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »
Okay. So, because it's probably getting really annoying having me without a face, so here:

I made a quick picture of Karl/me in SSSS looking like I'm actually cool. In actual fact, Karl is pretty much like Onni times two with the blackmailability of Ása, which means the Karl is currently out in the Silent World, silently cursing Sara Hållander for getting him into this mess. That picture was at the Academy.

That is also pretty much me with magic, don't worry.

I'm actually quite happy with this drawing.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
I'm not that much of a visual artist so I've gotten used to describing people  a bit more when needed. But if I do get a good drawing, I'll post it.

ETA: I realized I had a typo in my character's bio but it's an important typo... Could someone who can edit the google thing change it from 'skold' to 'skald'?

You don't have to if you don't feel like it, but it's nice to have a picture. Don't worry about how skilled you are, it will look great anyway no doubt! c: And thanks for pointing out the mistake -- usually I go over the slides and correct any glaring spelling mistakes, but I must have missed that one. Oops :/

Okay. So, because it's probably getting really annoying having me without a face, so here:

I made a quick picture of Karl/me in SSSS looking like I'm actually cool. In actual fact, Karl is pretty much like Onni times two with the blackmailability of Ása, which means the Karl is currently out in the Silent World, silently cursing Sara Hållander for getting him into this mess. That picture was at the Academy.

That is also pretty much me with magic, don't worry.

I'm actually quite happy with this drawing.

That looks amazing! I'll add it to your slide :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:25:50 PM by KauniitaUnia »

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »

I drew all the ssssonas/OCS!
It took all day!

Also drew Lalli, Reynir and Emil in chibi versions cos i still had free place on the paper

*****I tried*****

EEEE, you drew everyone and I love your drawing of me!
So much have been added when I've been away, it is so much fun browsing through the threads.
Laufey, your watercolor art of Fimbulvarg is stunning *throws roses*