Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842354 times)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #630 on: April 17, 2015, 08:02:10 AM »
So pretty~!

I wouldn't mind if you use Bergström (Piney is actually using that, I don't know why it says Bergstrom in the infodump), I was thinking I could change mine and we could be cousins or something ^^ (I won't do it unless you guys want to ofc)

Thank you! That's a really nice idea, and it would sort of make sense - we are all 'Swedish' after all. I would absolutely be up for doing it, if Piney also agrees. If she doesn't than that's also fine; I really like 'Jansson' as well, so the loss of my first choice didn't make me too upset  :)
(I'll just go correct Piney's name in the infodump, thank you for telling me about that slip-up!)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #631 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »
oh man this thread is full of cuties it's almost hard to keep up
- blanket WELCOME TO THE CREW for all new members of the squad
- blanket WOW GOOD ART to everyone posting art n doodles

frenci: hOLY WOW
WOW
...................wow

DancingRanger: that was really cool!!! Excitedly awaiting the next one!!!!
(i think the correct use of my weirdo pronouns in that sentence would be "hir" or "hirs", but i'm just so happy anyone at all is using them so THANK YOUuuuu)

..... also wow I should catch up on my wonky ink headshot of all the new self inserts since last time................ soon.
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #632 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:18 AM »
So pretty~!

I wouldn't mind if you use Bergström (Piney is actually using that, I don't know why it says Bergstrom in the infodump), I was thinking I could change mine and we could be cousins or something ^^ (I won't do it unless you guys want to ofc)

Wellll, actually I did want to have my own last name, sorry :/

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #633 on: April 17, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Frenci, I can't believe you drew everyone! :O Hehehe, my character looks so cute there! Also congratulations the way you drew my hair is spot on *throws confetti at you*

I have a question. Are people drawing themselves in the SSSS universe, or are they making OCs?? I mean, not that it matters, I just really really need want to know because I'm a bit confused (personally I've made my character exactly like myself except that she can fire a gun, sort of. Which she is only able to do because it'd be required of her)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #634 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:15 AM »

It's cool, it was just an idea ^w^

I have a question. Are people drawing themselves in the SSSS universe, or are they making OCs?? I mean, not that it matters, I just really really need want to know because I'm a bit confused (personally I've made my character exactly like myself except that she can fire a gun, sort of. Which she is only able to do because it'd be required of her)
I'm drawing myself =) if I get around writing a bio I will also try to base it on myself.

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #635 on: April 17, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
I'm drawing myself =) if I get around writing a bio I will also try to base it on myself.

Yeah okay. I guess the thread is called "self-inserts" after all, but some people have been referring to their drawings as OCs so I was just wondering

(Hehe, my bio will be heavily based on myself as well)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:43 AM »
I for one am definitely drawing myself. all my bio info is applicable to real life me, too, just tweaked to fit the ssss-verse a little (like, I don't speak icelandic or finnish, but icelandic is kind of the english of the ssss-verse, and finnish is definitely a good gibberish substitution for czech)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:28:42 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #637 on: April 17, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »

That's ok! It was just an idea :)

Well I am mostly drawing myself (personality wise), but I have taken some liberties with languages, nationality, appearance - although I have mostly stayed true to how I look in real life -, backstory etc. to help my character fit into the SSSS universe.
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #638 on: April 17, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »

I'm kind of drawing myself, but definitely tweaked a bit and given a backstory different to my own life story (there are some parallels but i've kind of broken myself of the habit of making pure self-inserts and i'm trying not to go back to that :I ). Karri's personality is a *touch* more volatile than my own but the facial expressions at least are very similar 8)

Also, blanket thank you to everybody who said nice things about my drawing of baby Haiz and I!! I'm working on doing a couple more, actually! Fimbulvarg, the sketch in the background is a doodle of how Karri and Freddie would react to each other ('eyeLINER?? TELL ME UR SECRETS WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND WORKS BEST GIMME YOUR INFORMATION' -both of them, probably) upon introduction. What nerds.

Frenci and Oh Deer, we're all so cute!! I will be working on another installment in the headshot series with all you new cuties soon! I think there are 4 of you to draw now. I might wait until another person posts theirs just so I can properly dedicate a page to you guys in my sketchbook • v •
YEET

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #639 on: April 17, 2015, 09:33:02 AM »

I'm most definitely an accordion troll IRL as well.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

mithrysc

• Ranger
  • indefinite hiatus
« Reply #640 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »

Personality and appearance, mostly, but, you know, self-insertish because I'm not even remotely from Scandinavia. I personally haven't given too much thought to my character's history because she's not quite a character in my eyes, but I guess if I ever get around to making a backstory it'll become less "what I might possibly look like in year 90" and more "a person I might be in year 90," if that makes any sense at all. So, currently just a sort of representation.

Of coures you are. :P How else could you manage to knit so fast, if not for those...ah, dextrous spindly limbs?

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #641 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
I drew all the ssssonas/OCS!
It took all day!

Wow, that's some dedication right there. I like how easy it is to tell people apart without eve looking at the name labels.

Of coures you are. :P How else could you manage to knit so fast, if not for those...ah, dextrous spindly limbs?

The lack of opposable thumbs might be a hurdle though.

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #642 on: April 17, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »

other than the name (which i just yanked from my grandmother and great-grandmother) and the gun-firing proficiency, it's mostly the same thing for me. like haiz, i've done some alternate-universe mapping for my real life interests/talents/languages. so alt-universe me longs for an artsy or skaldic existence in the big city while doing stuff that i'm not thrilled about to make a living. norwegian takes the place of spanish as a native language, but i prefer using the lingua franca icelandic/english because of its utility.

frenci, your drawings are so great! i love that everyone looks unique and like their own person.

maybe now that some of my exams are done, i'll be able to do some more drawings of my own... i may redo my ssssona with my new haircut, and i might also doodle some of you guys. :)
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #643 on: April 17, 2015, 11:04:53 AM »
Minus the completely fictional fez, of course. There's no way that it'ld stay on your head while you tunnel through walls.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #644 on: April 17, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
RealRedCloudYT when I say i drew everyone, I mean EVERYONE O-O

FinnishViking Huh? forgot someone? Please send me the link of your ssssona so i can correct this emourmous error.

tabeabd °^°

Everyone~ -does the "imagination" rainbow from SpongeBob-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_