Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843231 times)

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »
Deed eet. Or tried to anyways. Whatever it is layman-artists do. I forgot that your falcon was peregrine black and not merlin brown.

(Full size)

I'll try to make one for Curry too if I can just figure out how that hairdo is composed.

Fimbulvarg, this is beautiful! I saw this on my mobile and liked it so much that I had to duck away into the break room to comment on it. And really, thank you for drawing this! It brightened up my otherwise typical work day. (:

I think I referenced a peregrine for the falcon, though I'd have to check my reference images back at home to be sure.

I'll PM you when I get home about my part of the trade.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #421 on: April 08, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
Fimbulvarg, this is beautiful! I saw this on my mobile and liked it so much that I had to duck away into the break room to comment on it. And really, thank you for drawing this! It brightened up my otherwise typical work day. (:

I think I referenced a peregrine for the falcon, though I'd have to check my reference images back at home to be sure.

I'll PM you when I get home about my part of the trade.

Thanks, glad you like it!

Have I said yet that I really like your style of drawing? Just in case I haven't, I really like your way of drawing! I'll send Haiz a thank you card if you keep posting more!
Thanks-- wait, what, no, I will take that thank you card thank you very much.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #422 on: April 08, 2015, 07:18:06 PM »
Ta-da! Haiz and Curry because they drew all the everybody, and Almond Goddess because she drew me. (I'm sorry about the crimes to hair that were done to-day. :P)

(it's kinda hard to see but the falcon has a rodent)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #423 on: April 08, 2015, 07:26:21 PM »
Ta-da! Haiz and Curry because they drew all the everybody, and Almond Goddess because she drew me. (I'm sorry about the crimes to hair that were done to-day. :P)

ooh my gosh!!! thank you!!!!! I look so cool!! and so.... tall..... for the first time in my life, that's amazing
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #424 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »

Ahhh this is so pretty and we all look so cute!! I don't see any crimes to hair done here today! what cuties we are help so cute
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #425 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:41 PM »
CASUALLY DOUBLEPOSTS IN THREAD BECAUSE I AM TRASH.

I finished my art trade with almond-goddess! I said it on tumblr, I'll say it again: TOO COOL. What a great OC.
Also, congratulations to me for drawing a Real Birb instead of just bsing some feathers

I Did Not post these to tumblr because they wouldn't have fit well on the post, but here are the preliminary sketches with lots of faces and poses because some of them looked cool! Again really really fun character I love her face so much
YEET

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #426 on: April 09, 2015, 04:09:26 AM »
CASUALLY DOUBLEPOSTS IN THREAD BECAUSE I AM TRASH.

I finished my art trade with almond-goddess! I said it on tumblr, I'll say it again: TOO COOL. What a great OC.
Also, congratulations to me for drawing a Real Birb instead of just bsing some feathers

I Did Not post these to tumblr because they wouldn't have fit well on the post, but here are the preliminary sketches with lots of faces and poses because some of them looked cool! Again really really fun character I love her face so much

Beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful. And extra sketches=awesome because it's always cool to see artist's process. (:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #427 on: April 09, 2015, 04:29:13 AM »
This is for you, Haiz!

On the topic of art trades, I'll be working on Curry, Noodly Appendage, and Fimbulvarg's next, though not in any particular order. But that being said, please PM me first to make sure that I'm also open to do art trade. This is a precautionary measure to avoid the awkward situation where someone does their part of the art trade, but I'm too busy to get to mine.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #428 on: April 09, 2015, 05:07:51 AM »
Curry: aaaaaa that is amazing!!!!

This is for you, Haiz!

!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH
it's so lovely and -wow, it's transparent? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(also i apologize for not messaging you properly before ting art trade^^" im super grateful you had the time to do mine)

I have some study sketches I did of yours, too, but there weren't so many of them so I decided against posting them in the first place, but since you put so much work into mine I'll do it after all

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #429 on: April 09, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is so much really beautiful art on here! Gah I won't spam you guys by replying to everything separately, but I was catching up on what has been posted since I was last on, and wow you are all so talented
I ended up doodling a few of you, and gah I just love your designs so much.

Alas, I did not do them justice here, but I def plan on drawing some more.
Also!! The Braidy isn't mine, that would be Curry's draw

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #430 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:25 AM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is so much really beautiful art on here! Gah I won't spam you guys by replying to everything separately, but I was catching up on what has been posted since I was last on, and wow you are all so talented
I ended up doodling a few of you, and gah I just love your designs so much.

Alas, I did not do them justice here, but I def plan on drawing some more.
Also!! The Braidy isn't mine, that would be Curry's draw
!!!!!!!!!!
we look adorable!! your style is so nice!!
(also please compliment curry on their invasive reynir from me)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #431 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:17 AM »

I foresee someone shopping for a leather glove with fingers soon. Please have your purse at hand after the "YAAAAHH!!!" ... :o
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #432 on: April 09, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »

Here are some sketches of Karri. Body posture is challenging, so I had to reference most of these, but I hope I'll be able to make one that is less sketchy.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #433 on: April 09, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »
On the topic of art trades, I'll be working on Curry, Noodly Appendage, and Fimbulvarg's next, though not in any particular order. But that being said, please PM me first to make sure that I'm also open to do art trade. This is a precautionary measure to avoid the awkward situation where someone does their part of the art trade, but I'm too busy to get to mine.
I have to agree with this policy I think ... Wait, whoops~
That being said I might have to approach people for art trades after doing my part because I like working slowly and incrementally.

Awesomeee!
And the sketches are amazing in their own right, I wish I had something like that but unfortunately I didn't make any.

Here are some sketches of Karri. Body posture is challenging, so I had to reference most of these, but I hope I'll be able to make one that is less sketchy.

I see you're having more luck with the hair than I am :P

Is that... are you looking up pictures of Enfield SMLEs for gun reference?

Edit: wait what do you mean alt for framtung!?!?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:47:51 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #434 on: April 09, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
That being said I might have to approach people for art trades after doing my part because I like working slowly and incrementally.
*leans forward interestedly* hellooo