Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843143 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #405 on: April 07, 2015, 03:41:19 AM »
If I had any confidence in not botching it I'd do some art of other people's characters...but yeah.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #406 on: April 07, 2015, 03:43:53 AM »
@Almond-Goddess: I ALMOST SQUEALED VERY LOUDLY ON HE BUS
we look fantastic omg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:01:24 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #407 on: April 07, 2015, 07:23:12 AM »
Hi! After going through amazing OC's, I wanted to make my own! But these are just some late night sketches

Edit: I added a bio
Kendall "Oh Deer" Vouri
Nationality: Finnish
Area of Birth: Kajaani
Immunity: No (I get sick often)
Profession: Skald's assistant
Languages: Finnish (Fluent), English (Scraps of what in books)

-Pre-rash family is from America, was able to get to Finland
- Loves all animals
-loves cold weather
- knows random pre-rash facts (such as how kangaroos can't separately move their feet)
-has two real life cats, Lilith (tuxedo) and Mokie (tortoiseshell)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:51:35 AM by Oh Deer »
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #408 on: April 07, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »
Wow, I was REALLY BEHIND in drawing you people. I expected to have to do like, 4, but hot dang there were 10 new OCs :0

Your names are next to your heads! OCs featured are Fimbulvarg to now.
Sunflower, I redrew you because I got your first drawing kind of inaccurate and also really small :3
Your drawings are beautiful as always! I'm impressed by how diverse you make everyone look =)

okay so I should PROBABLY talk to people before actually doing art trades
but I did a little-more-effort draw of Almond-Goddess' falconer OC!!

sorry for the weird pose idk where that came from hahahaaha

THIS WAS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN, so if anyone else wants an Actual Effort Drawing of your self inserts instead of a wonky inky headshot,, I'm definitely open for more art trades!! and if you're not a drawing type of person I guess there are other ways to bribe me?? i can also do it in other styles if you want to!!

I'd really love to draw every single one of you like this, but it keeps getting less and less realistic of me to think I can do that out of nowhere, ahah ha............ i'm still gonna make more headshots in the Far Future though
Oh~ it looks so neat =D I might be up for a trade later!

Some warm-up marker sketches for the three art trades I'm currently working on.

Helen for Haiz

Sonja for Noodly

And finally Karri for Curry

AquaAquarion, Ruth, Piney, and Sigrid, to my understanding, you're also also interested in art trade, but are too busy at the moment. PM me when this changes! (:
These are only practice?? They look wonderful and so full of life! I will PM you later! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #409 on: April 07, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
Some warm-up marker sketches for the three art trades I'm currently working on.

Helen for Haiz

Sonja for Noodly

And finally Karri for Curry

These are wonderful!! I love it so much! We're all so cute and you got my personality spot on :D

Also, thank you to everyone who complimented the headshots! You guys are really fun to draw and also really nice for a bit of diversity practice (AquaAquarion, part of the reason why I'm going to keep up with all the self-inserts is exactly that :p don't want everyone to become a Minna-style face, no matter how pretty that might be!)
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #410 on: April 07, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »
I've been perusing this thread, and saw a lot of you drawing each other's characters, some of whom are determined to draw all of them! I wanted to jump the bandwagon too, but I realized quite quickly that I don't really have the energy to draw that many characters, and it would be really unfair of me to pick favorites.

So, I decided that art trades– a drawing of your character in exchange for a drawing of mine– would be a good solution to this. Is anyone interested?

Deed eet. Or tried to anyways. Whatever it is layman-artists do. I forgot that your falcon was peregrine black and not merlin brown.

(Full size)

I'll try to make one for Curry too if I can just figure out how that hairdo is composed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:52:24 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2015, 04:50:28 PM »
Deed eet. Or tried to anyways. Whatever it is layman-artists do. I forgot that your falcon was peregrine black and not merlin brown.

I'll try to make one for Curry too if I can just figure out how that hairdo is composed.
!!!!!!!!!!
i reallyreally like this one!!!!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #412 on: April 07, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »

(Full size)

This is!! So pretty! Fimbulvarg how come I've only seen like two of your other drawings? You have a lot of talent!!
ALSO YOOO ART TRADE. I CAN DRAW SOMETHING PROPER OF YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU LIKE
also nobody knows how the hair works it's 'Next Gen Hair' as Vafhudr so eloquently put it //shot
YEET

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #413 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:50 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!
i reallyreally like this one!!!!
Thankies :3

This is!! So pretty! Fimbulvarg how come I've only seen like two of your other drawings? You have a lot of talent!!
ALSO YOOO ART TRADE. I CAN DRAW SOMETHING PROPER OF YOUR CHARACTER IF YOU LIKE
also nobody knows how the hair works it's 'Next Gen Hair' as Vafhudr so eloquently put it //shot
But you already have drawn me very properly~
Thanks a lot! Thing is I spend incredibly little time on art. Like, I've hardly produced anything these last few years. But since a certain person (*glares at Haiz*) told me photoshop was now freeware I just had to get back into it (I say that but this thing was actually drawn in Krita, which I just got my hands on as well).

That hair is like chaos and order locked in an eternal battle for domination of your scalp!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #414 on: April 07, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »

(Full size)

Have I said yet that I really like your style of drawing? Just in case I haven't, I really like your way of drawing! I'll send Haiz a thank you card if you keep posting more!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Elrew

« Reply #415 on: April 07, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »
Well, my scanner's not cooperating and I don't know how to do this image thingy so... Tadaa, here's a blurry/non-existent picture!

Name: Elisabet Hall
Nationality: Norwegian
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Scout
Languages: Norwegian, English
Her ancestors were one of the groups rescued from Scotland and she acted as messenger for the remote village they settled in. She ran off "in search of adventure" but lost her food, rucksack and anything else that might have been useful due to her appalling memory. Luckily, she found a nearby army base and hid in a supply room for almost a week. When she was discovered, she was shouted at a bit and then offered a job as a professional sneaker scout.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:17:50 PM by Elrew »

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #416 on: April 07, 2015, 05:58:58 PM »
Well, my scanner's not cooperating and I don't know how to do this image thingy so... Tadaa, here's a blurry/non-existent picture!

pssst! you have to put http://img00.deviantart.net/6a5d/i/2015/097/6/8/wp_20150407_21_42_16_pro_by_elrew-d8otzgx.jpg between the image brackets, otherwise the link is broken. looking very good though! i love the backstory.
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Elrew

« Reply #417 on: April 07, 2015, 06:19:01 PM »
pssst! you have to put http://img00.deviantart.net/6a5d/i/2015/097/6/8/wp_20150407_21_42_16_pro_by_elrew-d8otzgx.jpg between the image brackets, otherwise the link is broken. looking very good though! i love the backstory.
Fixed it! Thank you ????

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #418 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »
eeeeeeeee these are all so pretty!!
Almond Goddess, thank you! Those ... look a lot like me, and also make me feel silly for having like half of a preliminary sketch done on yours!  ;D
Haiz, that's actually really helpful and ... I need to go redraw your hair now, because you have no bangs.
Elrew, I like how you used posture and eyes and stuffs to make you look ... um ... scout-y? (I can't words today. I'm sorry.)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #419 on: April 07, 2015, 07:05:56 PM »
Elrew: U ARE ADORABLE welcome to the crew!!

Noodly: ahahaha I'm glad my midnight scrawling was not in vain

Fim: HMMMMM i do like being somewhat responsible for you drawing more because i do like your drawings

I seem to be responsible for a lot of things actually?
- this thread/trend (partly responsible at least)
- people drawing emil with a ninetales
- EL DORADO EDITS and that animation oh goshhhh
- blanket party drawings
- more widespread reaction image usage (i've seen people use the "my poor neglected responsibilities" edit in the comments and it makes me Very Proud)

well look at me being a positive influence on this fandom
i'm gonna put this on my cv