Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842184 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
Glad you like it! I used copic markers (and a pinch of love)  ;)

Ooh, nice! No wonder it looks really professional! I have some prismacolors but I never really got the hang of them. The love must be what makes everything so beautiful :p
YEET

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2015, 06:43:45 PM »
new self inserts
they are so beautiful

if I'm not here to comment on each individual drawing:

but like. in a good emotional way

edit: i almost forgot what i came here to say. jeez. actual information for the Placement Thing: Koalalou is from some settlement in Canada. she seems to have disappeared from the forum, but I talked to her via PM about self-inserts Before They Were Cool so I have some info on her actually! I just don't know how much I should share without consent
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:50:34 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2015, 06:55:27 PM »
Oliga, those are soooo pretty and I just can't deal! :O The shading! The lines! The colours! The they-actually-look-like-people-ness! <3
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2015, 10:08:30 PM »
Oh my gosh, I love your design so much! :O
Thank you!!

Eeeeee falconry! I like the way you adapted the jacket.
Gosh, your design is lovely! Falconry seems like a really cool job!
Thanks! The jacket design was something I had in my head for a long while, inspired partially by Mongolian falconers.

Welp. There's our answer to the insidious vermin class trolls.
Yep! :D

(I LOVE YOUR ART STYLE!)
This picture: It's simply

I am pleased that I have earned yours and Sigrun's "most best" approval, haha!

AHHH!! This is such a well written and well thought out backstory/description! It makes me fangirl about/jealous of your creativity and good storytelling!
Oh, thank you! I was rather nervous at sharing her story in the first place, but this thread helped me open up considerably.

Everything on this thread is really creative and everyone is so talented! I really love the falcon, that's such a good idea.

I'm nearly done with mine but my scanner is rather temperamental so maybe you'll get to see it, maybe you won't...
Oooh, I look forward to seeing it! I must make a note to check this thread more frequently.

Man, 10 out of 10 points for style, that self portrait is just way too amazing. No word on whether cleansers operate in Iceland, but hey, details schmetails.
Ah, that is a pretty good point. I forgot that Iceland's troll-free, whoops! ^^;  I still want her to live there, as Reykjavik probably houses the most minorities compared to other locations. Let me see how I can work around that plot hole...

Ohmygoddd, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your OC! I think I may have fallen in love with that art style...

Thank you!! :)

Beautiful right there, absolutely beautiful.
Thank you! I probably sound like a broken recorder now, but really, thank you!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2015, 12:48:33 AM »
New awesome characters are posted here faster than I have time to draw them O__O Good job, guys, good job...
Meanwhile the next two - Curry and AquaAquarion (sorry for your haircut, AquaAquarion)

Why are you apologizing, I look so pretty?!! ;w; Thank you!!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2015, 01:23:01 AM »
I forgot that Iceland's troll-free, whoops! ^^;  I still want her to live there, as Reykjavik probably houses the most minorities compared to other locations. Let me see how I can work around that plot hole...

How about port security, picking off potentially infected rats and mice (and other critters) that come off ships?  That's always been a well-known vector of infection, going back to the Black Death and beyond. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Pessi

• Scout
  • metsäläinen
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2015, 02:44:42 AM »
And how about the sea mammals? Whales, seals and whatnot.
Tiitiäinen metsäläinen
pieni menninkäinen

()
Trying to learn

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2015, 03:53:53 AM »
How about port security, picking off potentially infected rats and mice (and other critters) that come off ships?  That's always been a well-known vector of infection, going back to the Black Death and beyond.

I agree with this, the last time we had a plague over a third of the population died. Would not want to see that repeat, like, ever (we can argue that the plague was probably carried here by humans rather than rats but it did arrive via a ship). All ships go through rigorous quarantine and are most likely checked a few times on the way to Iceland but it pays to be careful.

The sea creatures Pessi mentioned might also be a hassle, especially seals because they like to occasionally wander on dry land. Maybe there could be work at making sure all the small islands around and near Reykjavík definitely are grossling-free?
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2015, 03:56:12 AM »
I'm envious of your weapon, Fimbulvarg! I haven't been able to see most of these pictures the past week (when I check the forum on my phone, most of the images are broken for some reason, and there's so much amazing art here! I want in on it too..

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2015, 05:19:13 AM »

So here's me.
Nationality: Norwegian
Interview with Trond goes something like this:
T: Soo have you had any experience yet?
Me: I'm really good at standing still and staying silent
T: But have you actually done anything?
Me: I've listened to all the storys from the other teams, shouldn't that coun't for something? And I really want that vacation?
T: Hmm, nno. Sorry Lady, we'll stick with our most best Captain Eide for now.

EDIT: I haven't put in age and profession. Hmm. I guess I would be a combined farmer/skald. Age 34, since it somehow fells like cheating to make a persona younger than my actual age. Apple farmer, maybe?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:02:39 AM by Unlos »

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
« Reply #325 on: April 02, 2015, 05:28:51 AM »
The OC infodump* has all of the characters listed by profession, but I thought that it might also be interesting to have everyone ordered by which country they come from too (some people did not include a birthplace in their description, so I made a separate section for them :) ). So here is... *drumroll* everybody so far, listed by nationality!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finnish: Adrai Thell, Kahli, mamelukkikala, wavewright62, Dane Murgen

Swedish: AquaAquarion, KauniitaUnia, mithrysc, Piney, Sunflower, Windfighter, Frenci

Danish: Barbarylion22, OrigamiOwl, Solokov

Norwegian: Cheesecake, Curry, Fenris, Fimbulvarg, freddiethefantastic, Gwenno, Haiz, Ruth

Icelandic: Noodly Appendage, Vafhudr, Almond-Goddess

Unknown: Callipygous, DancingRanger, Koalalou, lenny, oliga, Sigrid Marie, SolarPoweredGirl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this useful? If so, I can keep updating it if you want!

*(https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gacf9446b3_2_93)

This is very useful. However, I would like to make a correction. My self insert is Icelandic, not Finnish. All the minorities are in Iceland in the Known World, I believe.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2015, 05:49:04 AM »
I'm envious of your weapon, Fimbulvarg! I haven't been able to see most of these pictures the past week (when I check the forum on my phone, most of the images are broken for some reason, and there's so much amazing art here! I want in on it too..

So here's me.
Me: I've listened to all the storys from the other teams, shouldn't that coun't for something? And I really want that vacation?

That was quick. I approve of everything but the distinct lack of sharp implements  ;D
And the Trond interview idea is pure genius!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #327 on: April 02, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
This is very useful. However, I would like to make a correction. My self insert is Icelandic, not Finnish. All the minorities are in Iceland in the Known World, I believe.

Oops... I'll just go and correct that, sorry  :)

So here's me.

I love the interview idea, very original! I'll add it to the infodump ASAP c:
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #328 on: April 02, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »
Aaand here is a new revised edition of the Nationality Chart Thing for people who don't want to look at the Infodump (although you really should  ;) )

Finnish: Adrai Thell, Kahli, mamelukkikala, wavewright62

Swedish: AquaAquarion, KauniitaUnia, mithrysc, Piney, Sunflower, Windfighter, Frenci

Danish: Barbarylion22, OrigamiOwl, Solokov

Norwegian: Cheesecake, Curry, Fenris, Fimbulvarg, freddiethefantastic, Gwenno, Haiz, Ruth, Unlos

Icelandic: Noodly Appendage, Vafhudr, Almond-Goddess, Dane Murgen

Unknown: Callipygous, DancingRanger, Koalalou, lenny, oliga, Sigrid Marie, SolarPoweredGirl
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #329 on: April 02, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
Here is my drawing of Sunflower