Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842169 times)

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
i've been really scarce lately, but i just wanted to put something down here to tell you all that your characters are wonderful and subscribe to this thread to remind myself to write/draw something for my own character. stay tuned :)
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2015, 10:25:05 AM »

basically

no but seriously though, every single one of you looks amazing and I really really want to draw you all!!! but since the week just started and there are Things To Do I might be a little too low on time and brain juices to do you any justice just yet, but i promise. it will hapen

so we have our mages, and scouts, and cleansers, and cat trainer and clerks.... do we have any mechanics and regular troll hunters yet? or did I miss some

I don't think we do as far as I know. That's a message to you all: SOMEBODY LEARN HOW TO FIX THE TRUCK AND KILL TROLLS WITHOUT BURNING THE BUILDING DOWN
*ahem* yes we do need mechanics so anybody new gets 4 extra cool points if they're a mechanic/medic??/regular hunter?? I'm pretty sure we don't have a medic either we are going to die.

WORST BEST TEAM, GO
YEET

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
I don't think we do as far as I know. That's a message to you all: SOMEBODY LEARN HOW TO FIX THE TRUCK AND KILL TROLLS WITHOUT BURNING THE BUILDING DOWN
*ahem* yes we do need mechanics so anybody new gets 4 extra cool points if they're a mechanic/medic??/regular hunter?? I'm pretty sure we don't have a medic either we are going to die.

WORST BEST TEAM, GO

Medic?? Why would we need a medic when we already have band-aids??

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2015, 10:36:54 AM »
Medic?? Why would we need a medic when we already have band-aids??

and if we bring enough duct tape, we shan't need any mechanics either
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
As long as you know roughly how to amputate and cauterize you should be good to go. It's not like you'll get cancer of any kind after all.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2015, 10:51:26 AM »

WORST BEST TEAM, GO

I think there's a book about fixing mechanical stuff on one of my shelves, let me just grab it and then I should be able to fix anything that breakes down, no worries! I also think there was one about first aid... *shuffles through books* Ah, yes, here it was! I can do some basic medical aid as well now ^_^
I'm not a hunter though, someone else needs to fill those shoes. I do know how to build some small traps on the other hand, so I'll help out a little!
...I wonder what happened to the rest of my research team to make me have to team up with you guys :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
Um, so, I'm not even sure if this is allowed for this thread, I'm really sorry and I do regret my choices but... I made myself a troll-sona self insert. Here under this link to avoid ruining the beauty of this thread. (Ugly as sin but nothing worse than what we've already seen in the comic.) :P

Stats:

- almost blind but hears and senses movement extremely well
- can only move fast backwards, good at retreating into a hiding place, rubbish at actually chasing anyone
- relies heavily on ambush, climbs well although slowly, is very quiet
- has a good reach due to the accordion-like body and captures prey by suddenly lurching forward as it walks past, in a similar manner as the ceiling troll
- EDIT because of Fimbulvarg's comment: actually makes an accordion-like sound when lurching forward. Nobody knows how and why, it is a mystery. :D
- as long as you don't knock anything over and keep your voice down you'll probably go unnoticed; my troll-sona can't really see you if you stand still and stay silent

Happy hunting! :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:05:16 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »
Yessssss! Most bestest crew ever  ;D We shall find ALL the books, kill ALL the trolls, discover ALL the secrets and then run away while exploding things ^_^

Here is my contribution:

"Gwenno Vedbakken"
Nationality: .......... Norwegian
Area of Birth: ..... Svolvær
Immunity: ................ Yes
Profession: Troll hunter
Languages: :iceland: :norway:

- Thinks killing trolls is super fun and may get a tad overexcited when fighting
- Hasn't quite killed one barehanded yet, but it's definitely on the to-do list!
- Is literate, but doesn't make the fact known to many
- The staff may only be good for blunt force, but as a smallish person the extra reach is definitely appreciated, and there are spare knives in the boots, up the sleeves and occasionally tying up the hair because a girl can never have too many sharp pointy things!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:17:15 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2015, 11:50:47 AM »
- has a good reach due to the accordion-like body and captures prey by suddenly lurching forward as it walks past, in a similar manner as the ceiling troll
This part cracked me up somehow, especially when imagining an accordion-like sound accompanying the stretching part. The jack in a box of trolls.

Area of Birth: ..... Tromsø

I'm pretty sure Tromsø is gone. I'm from there so I've checked.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
Um, so, I'm not even sure if this is allowed for this thread, I'm really sorry and I do regret my choices but... I made myself a troll-sona self insert. Here under this link to avoid ruining the beauty of this thread. (Ugly as sin but nothing worse than what we've already seen in the comic.) :P

Stats:

- almost blind but hears and senses movement extremely well
- can only move fast backwards, good at retreating into a hiding place, rubbish at actually chasing anyone
- relies heavily on ambush, climbs well although slowly, is very quiet
- as long as you don't knock anything over and keep your voice down you'll probably go unnoticed; my troll-sona can't really see you if you stand still and stay silent

Happy hunting! :D

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any trolls already (same with medics and mechanics)! You definitely captured the creepy "has this thing really been a human?" feeling that the trolls have.

Yessssss! Most bestest crew ever  ;D We shall find ALL the books, kill ALL the trolls, discover ALL the secrets and then run away while exploding things ^_^

Here is my contribution:

"Gwenno Vedbakken"
Nationality: .......... Norwegian
Area of Birth: ..... Tromsø
Immunity: ................ Yes
Profession: Troll hunter
Languages: :iceland: :norway:

- Thinks killing trolls is super fun and may get a tad overexcited when fighting
- Hasn't quite killed one barehanded yet, but it's definitely on the to-do list!
- Is literate, but doesn't make the fact known to many
- The staff may only be good for blunt force, but as a smallish person the extra reach is definitely appreciated, and there are spare knives in the boots, up the sleeves and occasionally tying up the hair because a girl can never have too many sharp pointy things!

Our first troll hunter! =D Welcome to the gang! Nice with someone in the crew that seems to know what they're doing xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:28 PM »

I'm pretty sure Tromsø is gone. I'm from there so I've checked.

Nuuuuuuu! Well I guess I'll change it to something else then *slinks to the corner of shame for not checkin the map*  :-[
I'd been looking at the Uni in Tromsø for postgrad stuff so when trying to think of a place in Norway it just came immediately to mind. Too bad it got destroyed, your home town looked like a really cool place pre-rash  :(

Roleplay doc

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
This part cracked me up somehow, especially when imagining an accordion-like sound accompanying the stretching part. The jack in a box of trolls.

I edited that in my stats. The mental images were too beautiful.  ;D

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any trolls already (same with medics and mechanics)! You definitely captured the creepy "has this thing really been a human?" feeling that the trolls have.

Thank you so much, I'm super flattered! Any other trolls out there wanna join my team? Let's make life interesting for the humans! :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
Nuuuuuuu! Well I guess I'll change it to something else then *slinks to the corner of shame for not checkin the map*  :-[
I'd been looking at the Uni in Tromsø for postgrad stuff so when trying to think of a place in Norway it just came immediately to mind. Too bad it got destroyed, your home town looked like a really cool place pre-rash  :(

really cool place? Try most cool place!

I think Svolvær will suit your needs.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2015, 12:15:07 PM »
Laufey: fantastic. just fantastic

I know the feel, both my birthplace (wayyyyyy up north) and my current hometown (trondheim) are part of the silent world in the future....... (thinking about troll nest nidarosdomen is pretty cool tho)

also your troll hunter is fierce and adorable!!! best combo

you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2015, 12:22:19 PM »

Now THAT is quite a troll there! Your troll-sona self definitely fits right into this thread and don't you dare think otherwise  >:( It is mega creepy however - good job!

Our first troll hunter! =D Welcome to the gang! Nice with someone in the crew that seems to know what they're doing xD

It's nice to be in such good company! Hehe, the important word in there would be "seems", but I'm sure that everything will be just fiiiine :P

really cool place? Try most cool place!

I think Svolvær will suit your needs.

Okidokes, I'll go change it to that now ^_^ and if a random internet person tells me that Tromsø is the most cool place who am I to disagree  ;D who knows, if you see a strange foreign person who kinda looks like the picture walking about sometime in the future it may just be me!

I know the feel, both my birthplace (wayyyyyy up north) and my current hometown (trondheim) are part of the silent world in the future....... (thinking about troll nest nidarosdomen is pretty cool tho)

also your troll hunter is fierce and adorable!!! best combo

Thank you :3 I'll be expecting your mage to watch my back as I do stupid things just so you know!

Roleplay doc