Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841958 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4845 on: March 08, 2016, 07:04:38 PM »
(Asking Fimby was taking... errr... some risks.)

Well, Lauf can't see so it was a bit of a gamble to begin with. :D It recognizes the wool sash at close distance, though.

LAUFEY
I
I'M................. laughing pretty hard
Goodbye friends, I am gone. 'twas Laufey what killed me. : D
Ahahahaha this is beautiful I love it  :'D

*stealz from the troll*
Well great, now I'm dead again.
Will Thranduil ever get to publish his work? The world may never know. But I think this is the first ever picture where Lauftroll in its entirety is visible, so ... Canon size confirmed?

Thank you thank you! :D Always glad to know my doodles cause general mayhem!

Yes, canon size confirmed, although the Lauf can stretch a bit longer when doing an attack leap. Yuuago confirmed for Thranduil it's the hair.

Happy ending until Lauf gets hungry I guess
No worries, it's like a dinosaur. Standing still and staying silent is exponentially more effective.

Yup, this. Besides there's cookies and tea, chances are hunger won't be an issue.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4846 on: March 09, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Laufey! - You've been producing some amazing stuff here! I love Sectoboss' wish fulfilment pic with it's beautiful alien troll thing (dem teeth iz beuoooootiful!) and Fimby's welcome back :3 This new one is a whole can of laughs however :P I can't decide who's reaction I like best, but I think it may be Haiz's. It just seems so very in character....uuuugh, but then again, there's Soley stealing it, and then there's Gwenno, and.......... (yup, still can't decide)

Would there be any chance you'd be up for a trade? We've both drawn each other's 'sonas so many times already anyway :P and I'm kinda in a scary troll-sy mood. (also seeing Yuu's tarot painting reminded me of how completely awesome the whole series was)

wavewright62 - Nice portrait :3 I like how it conveys such amazing grumpiness despite all the colours and especially the shading in the face. It's very nicely done! :P
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:58:43 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4847 on: March 09, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »
Would there be any chance you'd be up for a trade? We've both drawn each other's 'sonas so many times already anyway :P and I'm kinda in a scary troll-sy mood. (also seeing Yuu's tarot painting reminded me of how completely awesome the whole series was)

Oh I definitely would! One Gwenno for the tarot series perhaps? :D I'll PM you for a few details.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4848 on: March 14, 2016, 03:22:12 AM »
*Sticks head in the window and shouts, "Hello!"*

" is it me you're looking for ? "
♪♪ヾ(´〇`)ノ

Long time no see forum, nice to see things aren't totally dead over here! Lots of great stuff popping up lately!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4849 on: March 27, 2016, 09:39:38 AM »
It sure has been quiet here huh! Seems like I gotta play the mad scientist again and bring it back from the dead for a bit, and what better way to do so than with everyone's favourite not properly dead adorable monstrosity :D

My part of the trade with Laufey ^_^ I really hope you like it, because I had such a blast painting it and I think it shows :3
(also not sure if it would be okay to post it in the regular art museum seeing as it contains Emil and Sigrun as well? Thoughts?)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:18:18 AM by Gwenno »

Roleplay doc

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4850 on: March 27, 2016, 03:51:55 PM »
It sure has been quiet here huh! Seems like I gotta play the mad scientist again and bring it back from the dead for a bit, and what better way to do so than with everyone's favourite not properly dead adorable monstrosity :D

My part of the trade with Laufey ^_^ I really hope you like it, because I had such a blast painting it and I think it shows :3
(also not sure if it would be okay to post it in the regular art museum seeing as it contains Emil and Sigrun as well? Thoughts?)

Wowsa, such detail! This is awesome.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4851 on: March 27, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

AHAHAHAHAH this is absolutely wonderful, thank you yes I am happy and very much so! :'D Lauftroll got a bit bigger it seems, maybe she's fed well recently. In any case I'm not sure going after Sigrun is a good idea...

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4852 on: March 27, 2016, 09:29:44 PM »
Wowsa, such detail! This is awesome.
Thank you ^_^ I just couldn't seem to stop with the details it seems :P

AHAHAHAHAH this is absolutely wonderful, thank you yes I am happy and very much so! :'D Lauftroll got a bit bigger it seems, maybe she's fed well recently. In any case I'm not sure going after Sigrun is a good idea...
Hahah, Lauftroll has indeed been well fed recently, and on top of that all the other competition has been chased away from her nest and left her with a cosy little pocket of gloopy trollflesh in which to spend her time and take sustenance. I like to think that she'd be smart enough to recognise Sigrun is not worth picking a fight with, but then again maybe Sigrun wouldn't recognise that the troll asking for her autograph isn't actually trying to pick a fight with her at all? It sure is difficult to talk properly when your lower jaw has fallen off >"<

Roleplay doc

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4853 on: March 31, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
I noticed your avatar signature, and accepted the invitation. I can try coloring it digitally too, if you like.

(I don't know if this is how you imagined him or not, but it's how I imagined him, so...:P)

Was looking at old posts of mine, and discovered that I somehow missed this gem when I first created Arbet, back when he was OP and had to be confined to an Altverse to prevent the Black Hole Sueness from spreading. He fulfills the TVtropes description of comically serious.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:13:02 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4854 on: March 31, 2016, 03:04:27 PM »
Was looking at old posts of mine, and discovered this thing that I somehow missed this gem when I first created Arbet, back when he was OP and had to be confined to an Altverse to prevent the Black Hole Sueness from spreading. He fulfills the TVtropes description of comically serious.
Yeah, he's changed quite a bit, hasn't he!

Ehehe

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4855 on: March 31, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »

Repeat of what I said in PM's:
*inarticulate admiration*

You are an amazing artist!

Yeah, he went from Angry Marine to...hrrm. Anyone know an apocalypse survivor character who likes puppies?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:20:10 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4856 on: March 31, 2016, 03:33:02 PM »
Wow, Unlos, your drawings are evolving a lot ! :D *Impressed*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4857 on: March 31, 2016, 04:29:53 PM »
Wow, Unlos, your drawings are evolving a lot ! :D *Impressed*
Repeat of what I said in PM's:
*inarticulate admiration*
You are an amazing artist!

Yeah, he went from Angry Marine to...hrrm. Anyone know an apocalypse survivor character who likes puppies?
Thank you!!

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4858 on: March 31, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »
Personally, I'd recommend Unlos for all your RP retcon needs.

EDIT: And now my part of the trade!

Spoiler: Infinite One-Ups • show

-MORA-

The light faded, as it always did. She didn’t like it, but it left anyway, leaving only darkness.
And dirt. There was always that.
It was almost automatic now, the desperate struggling to heave herself free of the earth. Dirt shifted and moved, and this ground had been disturbed often enough to leave it crumbled and easy to shift. She uncovered herself quickly, getting down to her waist in a matter of minutes.
Then the gun barrel prodded the back of her head, and she froze.
“Could you just, you know, give me a second here?” she asked plaintively. As the escape frenzy cleared from her vision, she saw what surrounded her: a full platoon of Legion troops, armored, angry, and loaded for bear. Shit.
The gun barrel prodded her again, and she extricated herself from the remaining soil quickly. The barrel was removed briefly--all the other Legionnaires pointed guns at her when it was--and a set of thick handcuffs placed on her wrists, behind her back. She almost laughed. It wasn’t like she was going anywhere. If she tried anything, she’d end up full of holes.
They frog-marched her to a waiting vehicle, something squat and armored. A crowd of gawkers had gathered, goggling at the captured ‘terrorist’. duckers. Like bloody sheep for all they counted for. She stared hard at one of them, an older man. He refused to meet her eyes. Coward.
“It’s all under control, boys,” she heard a voice say. Female. She turned her head towards the source. It was a woman in a black trenchcoat. Tall, features anonymous behind her mask’s tinted lenses, with a knife at her belt. No other visible weapons, but if what she knew was correct, she didn’t need them. Inquisitors were the next best thing to human artillery. 
“Una Ødegaard, designated Romera,” the Inquisitor said. “You are now bound by law. You are charged with the crime of high treason for association with the terrorist organization known as the Dreamers, for which the sentence is either death or life imprisonment.”
She almost burst out laughing. Organization?  Hah! The closest thing to being organized for a Dreamer was wearing matching socks!
“However, given your….nature,” the Inquisitor continued, “the Empire believes that either of those would be...unsuitable.” She looks at one of the Legionnaires, anonymous in their armor and masks. “Take her to Isle Seven,” she snaps.
Una manages to quip “What is it, a supermarket?” before everything goes black.

-UNDISCLOSED-

When her vision clears, the room is white and blank. Smooth, empty, featureless. Perfect for the Empire. Stainless, clean, perfect, unmarred….OK, stop with the synonyms, she told her brain. She’s on a cot, thin mattress on a metal shelf. No edges or seams, nothing to exploit or rip out of the walls. Nothing to fashion into a weapon. One door, only distinguishable because of the small, recessed window in it. She stood and gave the nearest wall an experimental poke. It yielded slightly. Heh. She was in a padded cell. She didn’t know that these were still used, and it’s not like she was crazy. Well, no more than the usual citizen had to be.
The door swung open suddenly, revealing the shape of the Inquisitor. She dangled a pair of handcuffs mockingly. “Ready for processing, little one?” Oh, the voice had changed, become lighter, less clipped. A different Inquisitor, then. Hard to tell, between the mask, helmet, and trenchcoat. Seriously? Were they all apocalypse cosplayers or something? Granted, the end of the world had come, but still, you’d expect them to have standards.
The Inquisitor jerked Una’s arms behind her back, cuffed her, and began marching her down the hallway.
“Whoa, buy a girl a drink first,” Una says, smiling. What could they do? Kill her? Ha!
“Quiet,” the Inquisitor mutters behind clenched teeth.
Her point made, Una kept her mouth shut.

The hallways were the same as her cell- boring and white, no decorations, all utilitarian. Una hasn’t the slightest idea how the Inquisitor doesn’t get lost, but the woman leads her without pausing for directions at all. Seriously, not even a little diagram on the walls that shows the “YOU ARE HERE” map she sees at some big stores. There’s probably some poor guy who died of thirst or something somewhere!
The Inquisitress (yes, perfect, the most annoying name she can think of) finally reaches a blank, metal door. She opens it and shoves Una inside, then closes it behind her. Una can hear the soft shush of pressure equalizing after the door closes. This room is airtight. Why?
The one difference this room has from the rest of the complex that she’s seen is the presence of a single, gigantic mirror covering most of one wall. Two-way, obviously.

This is an observation room. Una begins to break out in a cold sweat.
“Attention, prisoner.” This voice, male, booms out from no discernible place. It’s anywhere and everywhere at once. “As your punishment for treason against the Empire, you will serve as a test subject for the Isle Seven Project. Said project is an attempt to uncover the biological and chemical sources of paranormal powers in humans. As a paranormal, and given your abilities, you have been selected as the primary subject. Nod if you understand.”
Una nods mutely. Test subject? There wasn’t a single way that ended well. Well, screw ‘em. If they killed her, she’d just go back to her anchor. Not even the Empire would keep a platoon of Legion troops in a local cemetery 24/7, right?
“Good. Testing begins….now.”
There was a sharp crackle and the smell of ozone, and suddenly everything was fading….

As she dug her way free, she couldn’t help but feel elation. Dumb bastards had just set her free!
Hah! Then her vision cleared, and she saw the blank walls of her cell. Oh. Shit. OH. SHIT.
Una, very briefly, went mad.
When she could think clearly again, she sighed and stood, brushing off the last crumbs of grave dust. The door swung open, revealing the Inquisitress.
“Oh, did you honestly think we’d let you go that easy?” she asked mockingly.
Una responded with an extremely rude hand gesture.
“Guess not.” The humor drops from the woman’s voice. “Come along.” She held out the handcuffs.

The second test was worse. There was pain.

After that, things took on a dull monotone. Resurrect, die, repeat daily. Always something new. They couldn’t just do horrible things, no, they had to have variety. She lost track of how long it had been. Time was not allowed in the Imperial halls.
She dug- again, stood- again, and waited. Door opens, cuffs, blank hallway, metal door, room with the false mirror. This time, there’s a chair, and she’s strapped into it before the Inquisitress leaves.

The door opens again, and a pair of labcoated men wheel some strange device into the room. This is new. Usually, she didn’t see anyone. That she remembered, at least.
The men mutter something full of technical terminology as they point the device at her. The thing begins to glow with an eerie green light. This couldn’t be good.
The world goes green.
Then it clears. She’s not dead. Huh. The chair is gone. Also huh. The walls are blackened and scorched, and the exploded remains of the two labcoat guys and their device are covering one of those walls. Big huh.
The door bangs open and the Inquisitress is there, looking like the wrath of Odin.
“What. Did. You. Do.” she snarls. Una doesn’t respond. The Inquisitress walks forward, and Una wishes very, very hard that she would go away, and suddenly the Inquisitress is...not there anymore. Una steps over the body and walks away. Free.

-UNDISCLOSED-

“Simmons. Bring the Isle Seven Director to my office. Then lock the door.”

“Yes, sir.”
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 11:12:26 AM by Ragnarok »

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4859 on: April 03, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »

EDIT: And now my part of the trade!

Spoiler: Infinite One-Ups • show

-MORA-

The light faded, as it always did. She didn’t like it, but it left anyway, leaving only darkness.
And dirt. There was always that.
It was almost automatic now, the desperate struggling to heave herself free of the earth. Dirt shifted and moved, and this ground had been disturbed often enough to leave it crumbled and easy to shift. She uncovered herself quickly, getting down to her waist in a matter of minutes.
Then the gun barrel prodded the back of her head, and she froze.
“Could you just, you know, give me a second here?” she asked plaintively. As the escape frenzy cleared from her vision, she saw what surrounded her: a full platoon of Legion troops, armored, angry, and loaded for bear. s***.
The gun barrel prodded her again, and she extricated herself from the remaining soil quickly. The barrel was removed briefly--all the other Legionnaires pointed guns at her when it was--and a set of thick handcuffs placed on her wrists, behind her back. She almost laughed. It wasn’t like she was going anywhere. If she tried anything, she’d end up full of holes.
They frog-marched her to a waiting vehicle, something squat and armored. A crowd of gawkers had gathered, goggling at the captured ‘terrorist’. f***ers. Like bloody sheep for all they counted for. She stared hard at one of them, an older man. He refused to meet her eyes. Coward.
“It’s all under control, boys,” she heard a voice say. Female. She turned her head towards the source. It was a woman in a black trenchcoat. Tall, features anonymous behind her mask’s tinted lenses, with a knife at her belt. No other visible weapons, but if what she knew was correct, she didn’t need them. Inquisitors were the next best thing to human artillery. 
“Una Ødegaard, designated Romera,” the Inquisitor said. “You are now bound by law. You are charged with the crime of high treason for association with the terrorist organization known as the Dreamers, for which the sentence is either death or life imprisonment.”
She almost burst out laughing. Organization?  Hah! The closest thing to being organized for a Dreamer was wearing matching socks!
“However, given your….nature,” the Inquisitor continued, “the Empire believes that either of those would be...unsuitable.” She looks at one of the Legionnaires, anonymous in their armor and masks. “Take her to Isle Seven,” she snaps.
Una manages to quip “What is it, a supermarket?” before everything goes black.

-UNDISCLOSED-

When her vision clears, the room is white and blank. Smooth, empty, featureless. Perfect for the Empire. Stainless, clean, perfect, unmarred….OK, stop with the synonyms, she told her brain. She’s on a cot, thin mattress on a metal shelf. No edges or seams, nothing to exploit or rip out of the walls. Nothing to fashion into a weapon. One door, only distinguishable because of the small, recessed window in it. She stood and gave the nearest wall an experimental poke. It yielded slightly. Heh. She was in a padded cell. She didn’t know that these were still used, and it’s not like she was crazy. Well, no more than the usual citizen had to be.
The door swung open suddenly, revealing the shape of the Inquisitor. She dangled a pair of handcuffs mockingly. “Ready for processing, little one?” Oh, the voice had changed, become lighter, less clipped. A different Inquisitor, then. Hard to tell, between the mask, helmet, and trenchcoat. Seriously? Were they all apocalypse cosplayers or something? Granted, the end of the world had come, but still, you’d expect them to have standards.
The Inquisitor jerked Una’s arms behind her back, cuffed her, and began marching her down the hallway.
“Whoa, buy a girl a drink first,” Una says, smiling. What could they do? Kill her? Ha!
“Quiet,” the Inquisitor mutters behind clenched teeth.
Her point made, Una kept her mouth shut.

The hallways were the same as her cell- boring and white, no decorations, all utilitarian. Una hasn’t the slightest idea how the Inquisitor doesn’t get lost, but the woman leads her without pausing for directions at all. Seriously, not even a little diagram on the walls that shows the “YOU ARE HERE” map she sees at some big stores. There’s probably some poor guy who died of thirst or something somewhere!
The Inquisitress (yes, perfect, the most annoying name she can think of) finally reaches a blank, metal door. She opens it and shoves Una inside, then closes it behind her. Una can hear the soft shush of pressure equalizing after the door closes. This room is airtight. Why?
The one difference this room has from the rest of the complex that she’s seen is the presence of a single, gigantic mirror covering most of one wall. Two-way, obviously.

This is an observation room. Una begins to break out in a cold sweat.
“Attention, prisoner.” This voice, male, booms out from no discernible place. It’s anywhere and everywhere at once. “As your punishment for treason against the Empire, you will serve as a test subject for the Isle Seven Project. Said project is an attempt to uncover the biological and chemical sources of paranormal powers in humans. As a paranormal, and given your abilities, you have been selected as the primary subject. Nod if you understand.”
Una nods mutely. Test subject? There wasn’t a single way that ended well. Well, screw ‘em. If they killed her, she’d just go back to her anchor. Not even the Empire would keep a platoon of Legion troops in a local cemetery 24/7, right?
“Good. Testing begins….now.”
There was a sharp crackle and the smell of ozone, and suddenly everything was fading….

As she dug her way free, she couldn’t help but feel elation. Dumb bastards had just set her free!
Hah! Then her vision cleared, and she saw the blank walls of her cell. Oh. s***. OH. s***.
Una, very briefly, went mad.
When she could think clearly again, she sighed and stood, brushing off the last crumbs of grave dust. The door swung open, revealing the Inquisitress.
“Oh, did you honestly think we’d let you go that easy?” she asked mockingly.
Una responded with an extremely rude hand gesture.
“Guess not.” The humor drops from the woman’s voice. “Come along.” She held out the handcuffs.

The second test was worse. There was pain.

After that, things took on a dull monotone. Resurrect, die, repeat daily. Always something new. They couldn’t just do horrible things, no, they had to have variety. She lost track of how long it had been. Time was not allowed in the Imperial halls.
She dug- again, stood- again, and waited. Door opens, cuffs, blank hallway, metal door, room with the false mirror. This time, there’s a chair, and she’s strapped into it before the Inquisitress leaves.

The door opens again, and a pair of labcoated men wheel some strange device into the room. This is new. Usually, she didn’t see anyone. That she remembered, at least.
The men mutter something full of technical terminology as they point the device at her. The thing begins to glow with an eerie green light. This couldn’t be good.
The world goes green.
Then it clears. She’s not dead. Huh. The chair is gone. Also huh. The walls are blackened and scorched, and the exploded remains of the two labcoat guys and their device are covering one of those walls. Big huh.
The door bangs open and the Inquisitress is there, looking like the wrath of Odin.
“What. Did. You. Do.” she snarls. Una doesn’t respond. The Inquisitress walks forward, and Una wishes very, very hard that she would go away, and suddenly the Inquisitress is...not there anymore. Una steps over the body and walks away. Free.

-UNDISCLOSED-

“Simmons. Bring the Isle Seven Director to my office. Then lock the door.”

“Yes, sir.”

Wheee! Did I mention I love this? To bits?  Because I do! Ahahaaaaaa thank you thank you!!