Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142420 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
Ooooh sounds good, all Sigrun cosplays that happen make the world a better place (at least for me). Thumbs up for the jussipaita, wonderful choice, excellent! And since we're talking about that particular fandom... hello there fellow Hetalia fan!

*shrugs*

well, as a mainly Finland cosplay, I needed it xD *yes that is me in cosplay* where did you get the hetalia from? that pic is just me being ready for school and feeling cool xD, not even a cosplay xD
also I like it, simple and cool. I started getting into these kind of sweaters, so, next could be Sigrun's xD sometimes I want to have more and more of them, but I can't do any, my mum can, but I can't make her do tons of them for me. it took few weeks to make one, and few times she had to restart some parts.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »
The thing on the background is a piece of driftwood on stilts, it's quite a common type of garden decoration here. Old rusty anchors might be the most popular but pieces of driftwood are a close second.

I bet they totally put that dead captain guy from Egil's saga on stilts in the town square and people just assumed it was now a thing to put marine debris on stilts.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2015, 02:15:21 PM »
I will now go back to thinking about how adding "on stilts" can make any phrase really hilarious.

I've been testing this out on random phrases all day and you're right. :D

Can we name the rock/potato/driftwood on stilts? Pleeeeeeeaaaaase?

Sure, go ahead, I don't think s/he has a name yet. :D

Haiz: I had such an O.O moment when you pointed that out. VERY ACCURATE.

Huh wow, that sweater is definitely on point (as in, that appears to be a perfect replica of the Sigrun sweater and it is amazing

Hahah, yup it's a Sigrun sweater replica indeed. Nice Astrid by the way, she's my favourite!

I started getting into these kind of sweaters, so, next could be Sigrun's xD sometimes I want to have more and more of them, but I can't do any, my mum can, but I can't make her do tons of them for me. it took few weeks to make one, and few times she had to restart some parts.

More Sigrun sweaters can only mean more awesomeness so I hope you'll either make one or get one made. :)

I bet they totally put that dead captain guy from Egil's saga on stilts in the town square and people just assumed it was now a thing to put marine debris on stilts.

Considering the usual Icelandic response seems to be that if it isn't edible you can make art out of it*... I'm not saying that happened but note that I'm also not saying it didn't happen.

*Or a niðstöng, one of those stake-things with an animal skull on top and something offensive written on, usually targeted against someone. You'd think that's something of a saga curiousity but I've seen two niðstöngs while I've lived here, one with a horse skull here in Breiðholt and another one with a wolffish head on it on Gálgahraun lava field.

Not sure if our choir leader was involved with the wolffish one, fact is he was arrested twice during the same day while protesting a road that eventually destroyed Gálgahraun. We almost missed practice that day because he was late.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »
*Or a niðstöng, one of those stake-things with an animal skull on top and something offensive written on, usually targeted against someone. You'd think that's something of a saga curiousity but I've seen two niðstöngs while I've lived here, one with a horse skull here in Breiðholt and another one with a wolffish head on it on Gálgahraun lava field.

Norwegians like their stakes rare.

Spoiler: warning, actual horse head • show

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
Norwegians like their stakes rare.

FIRST OF ALL

Well - er - good to see that people still have some old fashioned values. *cough*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
FIRST OF ALL

Well - er - good to see that people still have some old fashioned values. *cough*

You might not believe me on this, but I was genuinely surprised by your reaction there. Apparently I made that pun on auto-pilot  :D
Necessary disclaimer though: The guy in the picture is kind of a loon.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:13:01 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:42 PM »
Whatever was that guy with the nithing pole trying to do with it, do you know?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »
I thought there was no any photo of me from the con, when I was doing a really closet-cosplay of Sigrun. well, let's just call it an other wip then.

and sorry, I often make weird faces:
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2015, 11:39:28 AM »
I thought there was no any photo of me from the con, when I was doing a really closet-cosplay of Sigrun. well, let's just call it an other wip then.

and sorry, I often make weird faces:

I don't know what it is you're holding there, but knowing Sigrun I bet she'd at least consider trying to cook and eat it.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2015, 02:04:49 PM »
I don't know what it is you're holding there, but knowing Sigrun I bet she'd at least consider trying to cook and eat it.

well, in hetalia fandom there is "Mochi version" of the characters (This is "Spain mochi" which even has a tomato on the head).... and well MOCHI IS A FOOD, so SIGRUN GOT A BIG MOCHI FOR DINNER xD

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
Sure, go ahead, I don't think s/he has a name yet. :D
... Batata baka? ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2015, 03:18:42 AM »
Hee hee hoo, I did more of Sigrid Marie's modern AU at Metrocon about a month and a half ago, and am only now getting the pictures up 8) Have lots and lots of my face and my new favorite wig!

There's still more to come but I'm slow and lazy so expect Humorous Sigrun Pictures and/or Gifs in the next..... week or so
YEET

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2015, 03:25:48 AM »
Hee hee hoo, I did more of Sigrid Marie's modern AU at Metrocon about a month and a half ago, and am only now getting the pictures up 8) Have lots and lots of my face and my new favorite wig!
HHHHHhHhhHhhhhHhHhHjjHhmmajaksjsjsjsjsjsj
I am crying oh my gosh I love all these photos so much ok, like you are literally the best Sigrun and your makeup is so gorgeous and Sigrid's design is so pretty and I just have an overload of emotions now. I can't wait for you to post the other photos lmao, those are the REALLY IMPORTANT ones aha. But in all seriousness these are just so great and you are so canon and I can't handle it

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2015, 06:39:42 AM »
Curry, it's again supergreat, amazing cosplay (you don't even look like yourself), but jeez how many knives do you even own?

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »

[/center]

Not gonna lie, this picture gives off some serious "you have two seconds to get out of my sight or there will be blood" vibes.

Something is different... Did you dye your eyebrows this time around?