Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 83210 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #360 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:40 PM »
Girl Powaaa!
Most Best Captain and Little Fuzzy-head are here :)

Aaaaaah, the height difference, the uniforms, the hair! These are so great  ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #361 on: July 05, 2015, 03:50:04 PM »
Oh my God I love them! You finished them already? So fast! ^^
... and I think I might try the trick with Sigrun's hair. ::)

PS.: I was asked to tell you: My flatmate loves them too!  :D

Thank, everyone  :-*
They were really fun to make and it was is too hot to do anything useful, so I spent the weekend with crocheting. Also took some adventure-photos; I'll upload them later.

There is an additional secret to Sigrun's hair; when rolled up, I sprayed starch spray on it as well. But I doubt it will last too long.
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2015, 12:11:11 PM »
Who here needs medical attention?

Am I the only one making SSSS related handicrafts lately?  :-[

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
Oh gosh Mikkel's great! I made some t-shirts, but those went into another thread. I haven't made progress on my second mitten because I've been trying to use what scarce amount of time I have to draw. Also, summer is a bit hot for wool. I have ideas in my head though!!
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa such a perfect Mikkel! :D You may not be the only one making SSSS related handicrafts at the moment, but mine will take a while to finish due to other, pressing things to do. You'll see my project before July is over methinks!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mirl

« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »

Here! I do! *Hobbles over on crutches* - on second thought: I think I’m not ready to hear the grave news, that I’ve got face cancer… on my ankle.  ::)

And rest assured – you are not alone in this: I just take a break to concoct new ludicrous deeds *giggles maniacally*  ;D
Native: :germany:    Fluent: :uk:    5 years of classes... no chance: :france:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2015, 04:11:06 PM »

We should held a smell meeting again when you have all, and make an adventure! like an adventure in Hungary or something! I would do the photos and steal the al! tell me when you are done with the crew and we could do one? would be cool! if you want

anyway, have you ever tried to make a mask for Tuuri (and Reynir)?
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.  I want a tiny Mikkel for Christmas.
How did you get his hair to curl?  Is that dental floss he's proffering as bandages?  (Looks again)  And... is that a tiny medical kit he's wearing in the 2nd photo?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »
Helia: If you decided to sell these amigurumis, you would have a buyer in Brazil. Just saying. I'm in love with them! <3
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
Helia: If you decided to sell these amigurumis, you would have a buyer in Brazil. Just saying. I'm in love with them! <3

I have to say, they are as cute and perfect as they look on these pics! it was so painful for me to give them back! Helia saw how I reaaally love them xD

anyway, Helia, if you do mine, what if I pay you with art requests? that is something I can (kinda) do only, so at least I pay you something! I am also out of money all the time ;3;
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2015, 02:29:42 AM »
Laufey, Mirl, I'm relieved; can't wait to see your new projects  :)

We should held a smell meeting again when you have all, and make an adventure! like an adventure in Hungary or something! I would do the photos and steal the al! tell me when you are done with the crew and we could do one? would be cool! if you want

anyway, have you ever tried to make a mask for Tuuri (and Reynir)?

Fine... but first I need to put some theft-alert tracking device on them  :P
Yeah, I should try to make the masks... and the guns

Sunflower: no, it's not dental floss, it's that small strip/ribbon they put it clothes to make them easier to hang. (I collect them, because... make things from them...)
The curly hair was prepared in advance, I "pre-crocheted" it (leaving larger loops for the strait parts).

I definitely won't sell amigurumis - these are Minna's carachters, but I can make some and send as presents. Or art trade is a good idea.

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #371 on: July 19, 2015, 05:49:25 AM »
Excuse me, is this Bornholm?

Reynir was so much trouble! I thought, after crocheting five dolls, the sixth one will be a child’s play. It wasn't. It was almost finished,  when I realized, his proportions – compared to the others were somewhat wrong. So I made the painful but necessary decision to rip it back to the head, and start all over.
And when I crocheted his body again and was finally satisfied, came the problem of doing his hair, God, that took ages!

But here he is, freshly out of his cake box crate – to celebrate my 100th post.  ;D

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2015, 05:53:47 AM »
Is that... a parlour palm on the background? :D

Congrats on both 100th post and the cutest Reynir ever! I know the horrible feeling of having to take work apart a lot but I'm sure it was worth it, the end outcome is perfect. Can't wait to see more amigurumi crew adventures.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2015, 06:08:09 AM »
Is that... a parlour palm on the background? :D

Yes, it is. I just had to put it there  ;D

I still need to make a tiny Derpkitty, and then, the cew will be complete and ready for more adventures.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2015, 06:40:08 AM »
Excuse me, is this Bornholm?
Awwwwww, your Reynir and the photo are perfect !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: