Author Topic: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club  (Read 81708 times)

WellAnFree

Re: The ARTD/SSSS Yarncrafters Club
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2015, 03:37:57 AM »
You even decrypted the the pattern legend, you're amazing!

Here's for the yarn: We Germans don't have a standardized system for yarn weight (although by now some company's start to use the American System, because it's less ambiguous).

The American system of numbering yarn would be amazing if it weren't screwed up already. :( They lump both worsted and aran under the same number when its obvious they are two different weights. What were they thinking?

I hate gauge swatches terribly, but I will do one for this. Though I am pretty sure the yarn I chose is a bit too thick if 24x24 is the gauge.  Back to the Yarn Stash I go.

That much ribbing may kill me, so don't expect pics anytime soon.  But I will post them when I'm done.

You're the best.

Mirl

« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2015, 04:31:45 PM »
Again: you’re very welcome! Actually it was fun!  ;D

I learned stuff. And I spread knowledge (well sort of).  I like that quite a lot so: thanks for the challenge. (I'm studying to be a teacher so that’s kind of an occupational thing I guess).  ::)
Plus: after finally working through my first clothing pattern (without going bonkers nonetheless) I might just consider doing something apart from blankets and toys.

Good luck finding the right yarn and hang in there with the gauges.
*is trying very hard to avoid puns along the lines of “Jack the Ribber won’t kill you - yet”* - fails. ^^
Native: :germany:    Fluent: :uk:    5 years of classes... no chance: :france:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
I happened to hear a story on public radio today about the Icelandic language. 
I'll post the main audio podcast in the Icelandic Speakers thread.  However, the accompanying print story focused on knitting terms!   :D

Enjoy! 
http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-06-01/future-icelandic-language-may-lie-its-past
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

starfallz

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #303 on: June 02, 2015, 09:09:36 PM »
Oh wow, that is fascinating! Thanks Sunny!

Mmm.... yaaaaarnnn.....
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Auleliel

• Ranger
  • Ninja Squirrel Trainer
« Reply #304 on: June 02, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »
That's really interesting, Sunflower, thanks for sharing!
Know: :usa:
Learning: :japan: :sweden: :finland: :wales:
Somewhat forgot: :mexico: :germany: :southkorea:

:hat: :betterhat:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »
This is my first amigurumi.  :)
I didn’t follow any pattern, but it was surprisingly easy to find out what to do. Except the hair. Oh, The Hair, the most important part of Emil, gave me headaches, and I’m still not really satisfied with it.

It was quite fun to make Emil, but what should I do with him now? I’m tempted to crochet others from the team (I’ve just found a perfect yarn for Lalli’s hair... hmmm), but still, what can you do with some silly dolls?  ::)

native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »

Don't worry about the hair, it's definitely shiny! This is one of the awesomest amigurumi I've ever seen and I'm massively jealous that you could just make it without a pattern, it's perfect!

As for what to do with dolls... crochet the whole team, definitely, and then... they can have adventures. I mean I'm not sure what to do with dolls other than play with them so that's what I'd do. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #307 on: June 07, 2015, 12:12:13 PM »
Congratulations again, Helia, and it's your first amigurumi ? Wow ! We'll wait to see the rest of the team ;)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #308 on: June 07, 2015, 12:15:31 PM »

That is awesome. (Also impressive for your first time!) I think the hair looks good!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Rabbit

• Retired Moderator
  • Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • pocket gremlin
  • Preferred pronouns: he/she/they/it
« Reply #309 on: June 07, 2015, 12:23:37 PM »
I didn’t follow any pattern, but it was surprisingly easy to find out what to do. Except the hair. Oh, The Hair, the most important part of Emil, gave me headaches, and I’m still not really satisfied with it.

It was quite fun to make Emil, but what should I do with him now? I’m tempted to crochet others from the team (I’ve just found a perfect yarn for Lalli’s hair... hmmm), but still, what can you do with some silly dolls?  ::)

But the hair is perfect!
And what can you do with some silly dolls? You stage their silly doll adventures and take pictures, of course :D
proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:finland: :uk: :japan: :sweden: :germany:
:chap4: :chap5:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14:

Avatar courtesy of the mighty starfallz

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
As for what to do with dolls... crochet the whole team, definitely, and then... they can have adventures. I mean I'm not sure what to do with dolls other than play with them so that's what I'd do. :D

Adventures... you mean, looting the bookshelves, going on a scientific expedition among geranium plants on the balcony? Sounds great!
I thought I'm an adult, but I was probably mistaken.  :P
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »

Would it be totally rude of me to ask you to post like, a tutorial on how to make one? I NEED A TINY EMIL IN MY LIFE
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #312 on: June 07, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

Adorable!!!! I want to see more!!
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #313 on: June 07, 2015, 02:52:17 PM »

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #314 on: June 07, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
Would it be totally rude of me to ask you to post like, a tutorial on how to make one? I NEED A TINY EMIL IN MY LIFE

...a tiny Emil to stick in your pocket and take with you everywhere.... o_o