Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46879 times)

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #345 on: January 14, 2021, 09:45:19 PM »
:is: "..I see." Doc shuffles to the side, trying to give her space to pass by. It's very clumsy- he drops one box, but kicks it to the side. Medical instruments clank loudly. "Ah, I'm Ludvig. Ludvig Nyman. The Medic. A pleasure, I'm sure."

"I hope you've been adjusting well to the ship? Feeling well?" Had she missed lunch because she felt sick? That would be very bad.

:is: "I feel great! That's probably connected to the fact I just woke up from a nap though. The ship's beds are surprisingly comfy! I drifted off without meaning too. I hope I didn't miss anything important."
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »
Dísa says goodbye to Marianne and is alone in her room again. Well, except for Svenny. She picks up the rest of meat that fell out of Mia´s mouth. Probably no one still wants to eat that... she puts it back in the bag and decides to throw it away later. She leaves the piece of meat Marianne gave Svenny though, in case he still wants it.

Alright, she should maybe clean up a bit, in case someone else wants to come in. Though, from what she sees, the bed has to be folded up to get to the storage underneath. And Svenny is on the bed. Oh well. She elects to just stuff most things back into the backpack and leave the cat be. Ah yes, perfect. Now back to work.

There are still some runes she needs to draw. Best would be to get something like a blueprint of the ship to make sure she doesn´t forget anything. Astrid probably has such a thing. When leaving her cabin she doesn´t completely close the door so Svenny can leave if he wants to.

She can´t find Astrid anywhere on the ship. Only Ludvig who is busy filling a spare cabin with medic-stuff and Harald in his forge. She decides to not disturb either of them and walks back through the corridor with the cabins.
Probably the mechanic went shopping. Dísa herself should also still go buy a flashlight, otherwise reading at night will prove to be difficult. Except for the one on the ceiling, there is no light in the cabins. But she has no money left, so that´s something she´ll have to deal with. There might be spare flashlights in the storage though.

On her way there she runs into Leif, followed by Oliver and three people she doesn´t know. The other man looks a lot like Oliver, probably these people are his family. She greets them, and moves to the side to let them through.

This one is very nice, good manners. He eats the meat, ah, the taste of home, and settles down. He can see that he can still get out, so he's content.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #347 on: January 17, 2021, 06:24:14 PM »
:is: "I feel great! That's probably connected to the fact I just woke up from a nap though. The ship's beds are surprisingly comfy! I drifted off without meaning too. I hope I didn't miss anything important."

When ending up in the hallway again, Dísa finally finds Astrid, talking to the doctor. She stands around unsurely for a bit, but their discussion doesn´t seem to be all that lively, so she thinks it´s safe to pinch in.

":is: Hello! So sorry to interrupt, but I was looking for you, Astrid. You don´t happen to have a blueprint or something of the ship? As the mechanic, I mean? I still need to draw some of the protection-runes, and I need to make sure I don´t forget any important spots. I´ll bring it back tomorrow, I swear!"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #348 on: January 17, 2021, 06:38:52 PM »
When ending up in the hallway again, Dísa finally finds Astrid, talking to the doctor. She stands around unsurely for a bit, but their discussion doesn´t seem to be all that lively, so she thinks it´s safe to pinch in.

":is: Hello! So sorry to interrupt, but I was looking for you, Astrid. You don´t happen to have a blueprint or something of the ship? As the mechanic, I mean? I still need to draw some of the protection-runes, and I need to make sure I don´t forget any important spots. I´ll bring it back tomorrow, I swear!"

:is: “Ah, I have one in my cabin, hold on, I’ll go get it!” Astrid runs back to her cabin and grabs the book Harald had given her. She runs back to Dísa and gives it to her. :is: “This is the ship’s manual. It should cover pretty much anything you need to know about the ship”

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #349 on: January 17, 2021, 06:57:58 PM »
Dísa smiles as well. " :is: I might do that, thank you! And I´ll do my best." Oliver may be annoying, but he´s part of her first crew, and she will do everything she can to protect all of them.

When Sara starts returning to the real world Dísa finally notices that they are actually standing on a rock in her dreamspace. This realization (plus blinking a few times) catapults her back into being awake out of surprise. The half rock is still in her hands. She carefully puts it in a pocket of her jacket. She´ll have to find a better place for it later.

"But you´re right, I do still have some things I need to prepare on the ship." Like finding a flashlight for reading... And drawing runes, yes, that too. She looks expectant at Leif, whether he still wants to say something.

Sara comes back to the land of the waking to see James still standing there, but Oliver and Emily have gone on ship.

The two younger ones go under the deck to find the cabins. Oliver chooses the one closest to the prow of the ship on the starboard side, but when he looks in, he turns to Emily to say with a smile  :sct: "Y'know, I think is the gods punishing me for joking about your height".

:sct: "Do you think you could set up your hammock, like on our ship? You'd have to make it so it could be unhooked to get it out of the way of anyone walking down the corridor, though."

:sct: "Now, Emi, that is a good idea."

Once Oliver has got his bags into the storage space under the bed, he hooks one end of his hammock to a clothes hook on the far wall of the room, and ties the other end to a light fitting. He gets in carefully to make sure it can hold his weight, and Emily tries to crouch under it. Once on the other side, she turns to him and  :sct: "Well, I had trouble getting under it, so you're going to have to take that end down" she gestures to the end attached to the light fitting  "during the day or in emergencies, as from what I can see, they've hired a normal sized crew." she gestures down the corridor to Ludvig, Astrid and Disa with a smile, and Oliver smiles back.

He should talk to the crew more, he thinks, at least be able to recognise them all by name. Being with Emily is nice, but he needs to know those who'se lives depend on him and his on them. Besides, she and the other scots need to get back to showing Icelandic academics the results of the Argyll survey they'd commissioned, this afternoon had just been a diversion.

He gets out of the Hammock, unties one end, and folds it up to put it in the room and mutters quite loudly  :sct: "I suppose I've got to remember their names now. I remeber the mage and plain-looking academic from the arguement in the market, but nothing else."

He heads along the corridor to stand close enough to clearly hear the conversation between the mage, medic and mechanic, although perhaps a little further than most would consider such a distance to be.

:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2021, 09:54:29 AM »
:is: “Ah, I have one in my cabin, hold on, I’ll go get it!” Astrid runs back to her cabin and grabs the book Harald had given her. She runs back to Dísa and gives it to her. :is: “This is the ship’s manual. It should cover pretty much anything you need to know about the ship”

Dísa smiles at her brightly.

":is: Great, this is perfect! I´ll go to work then! See you tomorrow, should I be busy until tonight!"

Dísa stops by at her cabin once more to drop off the things she collected until now and doesn´t need anymore. She wraps Sara´s Stone into one of her shirts (that´s the closest she can get to "something to protect it" on short notice), and leaves the extra batteries behind as well. She decides to keep the flashlight with her since it´s already starting to get dark.
Svenny is still on her bed, and has eaten the meat. Though seeing that this might become a problem once she wants to sleep there, she can´t bring herself to make him leave. It´s fine, it´s not a problem right now. She still has a lot to do...

Studying the manual she realizes she has in fact forgotten a few important doors. She starts wandering around the ship painting protection-runes, then moving on to silencing-runes in all loud places she can find. To her surprise, the engine-room is not one of those places. That one is completely silent. After a bit of confusion she realizes that the ship uses solar- and wind-energy to run, which doesn´t make as much noise.

When she is finished painting silencing against trolls on the bridge-door, the main-room and the forge she decides to give modifying the rune a shot after all (on a piece of paper taped to the door for now). Though Harald seems to be done working in the forge for the day, so she won´t see whether it works until morning.

By the point she is done it is completely dark, and she just hopes nobody calls the authorities on the strange person walking over the deck with a flashlight, a can of paint and a book. But luckily, no one seems to see her. She returns to her cabin.

Svenny seems to have fallen asleep. To procrastinate on having to make him move a bit, Dísa finally checks on her guitar. It seems to have taken the heat of the forge surprisingly well. All of the strings are somewhat still on the right hight.
It´s not an expensive instrument, with originally no fancy details, but Dísa has added a few small drawn pictures around the sound-hole: some waves, fish, a puffin on a rock. She even colored them with mediocre success. She has owned the guitar since she was 15, so the paint-job is neither great nor still fully intact, but she decided to actually like the aesthetic and left it the way it was. But now, after a bit of thinking, she paints a silencing-rune on the sound-chamber. Better safe than sorry. (Not the modified one though, since Dísa isn´t sure what it does yet. Plus a guitar would be kind of pointless if no one could hear its music) When the paint has dried enough to not immediately be destroyed when accidentally touching it she starts tuning the guitar as quietly as possible, halfway hoping to not disturb anyone else who might be asleep already, halfway hoping to make the cat wake up.
But he doesn´t, so Dísa gives up after a while, puts the guitar away and carefully pushes Svenny to the side, just enough so she fits on the bed too. Svenny is adorable, but she will not sleep on the floor for him. She falls asleep almost immediately.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2021, 12:33:05 AM »
Harald eventually stops drawing in his book, and goes to bed.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2021, 12:05:13 PM »
After watching the goings on down in the dockyard for a time from his perch at the pier side cafe Leo yawns and eventually retires to his hotel room a bit before sunset.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Lallicat

• Scout
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2021, 10:11:44 PM »
After handing the manual to Dísa, Astrid realises she can't hear the ticking noise anymore. She shrugs, then heads back to her cabin to go to bed. Despite her nap, she falls asleep within minutes.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2021, 02:44:13 PM »
After ensuring everything is well with the explosives and weapons that Alergo suggested, Leif and Saga agree that he is a good enough of a choice for a commander. One signing later, and everything is in order and ready to go. Saga decides to spend her last night in the hotel, ticking off boxes in her head as she falls asleep.

She had everything packed and sent to the ship except for her small bag with some clothes and necessities. She was ready for this.

This is fine.

The first ray of sunshine wakes her up in the morning, and it's time to go. Fifteen minutes later she's packed, dressed and ready to go. She can do this.

Leif is waiting by the ship with a cup of coffee in his hand, dressed in a nice shirt and pants ruined by the fact he is also wearing a bathrobe and fluffy slippers.
Next to him is-
"Viggó!"
She runs up to and hugs her eldest brother. The man is fine two meters tall, with long golden hair, a proper manly beard and a wrinkled uniform. "When did you get here?! I thought you weren't supposed to land until tomorrow!"
"A bit of a changed schedule, I came about... two hours ago? Right?"
"At four, yes" Leif says, not amused.
"I found him in the office without you, but I figured I'd let you sleep" Viggó says with a smile. "You all ready to go?"
"Yes, and you can't stop me" she says decisively.
"Why would I? Just come back and we're good."
She looks away, embarrassed by the fact she assumed he was here for that. "Right."
"Mom and dad had a reaction?"
"A bit, yeah. They just worry, and I get it, and-" He pats her shoulder. "Right."
"You can do it. Go show them all what you're made of, yeah?"
"Yep."
"And at the risk of sounding like them, do take care."
"I will."
"Good luck and- oh! I wanted to give you these..." He digs around his pockets for a few moments. "These." He hands her three small pebbles, each with a rune carved in. "For good luck and some protection, I guess. Leif said your mage is proper, but you never know. Protection, journey. Odin. You are under his protection while you travel. Pray daily."
She gives him a nod, putting the stones in her pocket. Her head is empty, she can't really think of much to say.
What do you say to a sibling before you leave on a journey like this? Maybe... "I'll be seeing you soon." A promise.
"Of course."
One more hug and she goes aboard, leaving Leif and Viggó.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #355 on: January 22, 2021, 09:11:59 AM »
Harald wakes up silently. He sits up, and straps on his prosthetic foot to the stump of his left leg, testing the bronze mechanism's function briefly before standing and getting dressed quickly and quietly.
Before anyone else is up, he's in the ship's galley, making coffee.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »
Harald wakes up silently. He sits up, and straps on his prosthetic foot to the stump of his left leg, testing the bronze mechanism's function briefly before standing and getting dressed quickly and quietly.
Before anyone else is up, he's in the ship's galley, making coffee.

Doc stumbles into the galley a few minutes after Harald, blinking owlishly and groping around for some strong black tea as he boils water. :no: "Morning..." he yawns. His sweater for today is in black and white, presumably to look more professional.

He's got an inkstain on his cheek. It seems he fell asleep on a list he was making of medical supplies. It has several notes about bandages in icelandic that are still readable, if smudged.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2021, 04:31:32 AM »
Marianne's bladder awakens her shortly after dawn. 

Again.

Probably.

She's pretty sure she got up to use the head a few hours ago and some doofus had strung up a ducking hammock across the hall, but it's gone now, so maybe she dreamed it.

Whatever.

Mission: Pee, acquire drinking water, return to cabin.  Be quiet.  Avoid humans.  Scan floor for cat. 

Ow!

Yeah.  Watch out for low doorframes too.
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »
Leo stretches and unrolls from the hotel bed, re-dresses, and makes his crappy instant hotel coffee before making his way down to check out and quietly stalk his way to the Leif's And.

A few minutes later he yawns and sips his crappy hotel coffee while leaning against the gunwale of the ship and watching the way the light of the rising sun glitters on the relatively calm waters in the wharf.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #359 on: January 25, 2021, 12:29:00 PM »
Marianne's bladder awakens her shortly after dawn. 

Again.

Probably.

She's pretty sure she got up to use the head a few hours ago and some doofus had strung up a ducking hammock across the hall, but it's gone now, so maybe she dreamed it.

Whatever.

Mission: Pee, acquire drinking water, return to cabin.  Be quiet.  Avoid humans.  Scan floor for cat. 

Ow!

Yeah.  Watch out for low doorframes too.

Harald looks up, sees Marianne, and draws her a cup of water, leaving it on the counter in front of her silently before pouring himself a mug full of coffee.

Leo stretches and unrolls from the hotel bed, re-dresses, and makes his crappy instant hotel coffee before making his way down to check out and quietly stalk his way to the Leif's And.

A few minutes later he yawns and sips his crappy hotel coffee while leaning against the gunwale of the ship and watching the way the light of the rising sun glitters on the relatively calm waters in the wharf.

Harald's nose twitches. He pours another mug of coffee, and heads up above deck, finding Leo with ease. He hands the man the extra mug of actually decent coffee, then, just as silent as before, goes back below deck.