Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46899 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »
:is: "Just because the store sets its price, it doesn't mean you can't go to another store if you dislike it. Alternatively, in places where the price isn't set, you can attempt haggling" Saga explains.

:is: "Makes sense, just seems less flexible."  :eng: "These crazy Icelanders, what will they think up next? Soon she'll be telling me that you have to swap these discs for essentials rather than them being centrally issued."
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2020, 07:42:41 PM »

:is: "Makes sense, just seems less flexible."  :eng: "These crazy Icelanders, what will they think up next? Soon she'll be telling me that you have to swap these discs for essentials rather than them being centrally issued."

:gb: "...Yes. Yes, you do. Although there are people who can not work to get money, and then government gives them money to support themselves." She spoke very slowly and carefully, minding the pronunciation of every word, but ultimately failing to say it all as it was supposed to be said. "It is more flexible than trade because when trading, you might not have items that the person you wish to trade with needs."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2020, 07:49:20 PM »
:gb: "...Yes. Yes, you do. Although there are people who can not work to get money, and then government gives them money to support themselves." She spoke very slowly and carefully, minding the pronunciation of every word, but ultimately failing to say it all as it was supposed to be said. "It is more flexible than trade because when trading, you might not have items that the person you wish to trade with needs."

:eng: "Bloody hell!"   his words carry a mild sense of pleasant surprise    "You can speak English?"

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2020, 08:49:59 PM »
All the long-legs left, and didn't pay him any attention. They obviously don't need him.
Perfect time for another nap.
He jumps up onto another pile of books, and settles down.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2020, 03:24:15 AM »

:eng: "Bloody hell!"   his words carry a mild sense of pleasant surprise    "You can speak English?"

:gb: "Yes" she says. :is: "Not perfectly, but I try." She should get Harald and take him to Leif next. The crew was doing inspections and packing... Does anyone need anything? Dísa seems to be painting a rune, she saw Leo go to the land... Marianne and Astrid probably found each other, Oliver is not doing much, but his job begins in Silent World anyway...

THE CAT.

And the other doctor.
But mostly the cat.

-----
All the long-legs left, and didn't pay him any attention. They obviously don't need him.
Perfect time for another nap.
He jumps up onto another pile of books, and settles down.

Leif stares at the sleeping cat, a welcome distraction from paperwork and his desperate search for a new captain. "Why are you here?!"

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2020, 03:41:13 AM »
:no: "Harald. Harald Heikki. I believe this might help. It's the ship's manual," he says, handing her the book. :no: "I saw it while I was making sure the planners of this journey had not procured a glorified scrapheap of a vessel in a misguided attempt to pinch pennies. Thankfully, they did not."

Great.  Problem solved.

:no: "Thanks.  If you don't need anything else, Engineer, I'll just..."

A loud conversation about ventilation breaks out in an adjacent room.  Astrid is still staring at Harald.  It looks like she wants to say something to him.  Marianne lowers her voice.

:no: ..."quietly back away while you ignore me..."

A noisy skiff zooms past and Marianne slips out the door.  It's amazing how often that works.

Right.  One more day here before I leave for the new job.  I wonder who's hungry?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 03:47:17 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »
:gb: "Yes" she says. :is: "Not perfectly, but I try." She should get Harald and take him to Leif next. The crew was doing inspections and packing... Does anyone need anything? Dísa seems to be painting a rune, she saw Leo go to the land... Marianne and Astrid probably found each other, Oliver is not doing much, but his job begins in Silent World anyway...

THE CAT.

And the other doctor.
But mostly the cat.

-----
Leif stares at the sleeping cat, a welcome distraction from paperwork and his desperate search for a new captain. "Why are you here?!"

After the giant rune on the top-deck is finally done (it´s for making trolls and beasts avoid their ship), she moves on to painting smaller ones on every door that leads inside the ship she can find to keep the trolls from opening them. She should maybe ask Saga for a blueprint of the ship´s layout so she doesn´t forget anything. 
Unfortunately there are no runes that will keep trolls from breaching the ship, only those who may keep them at a distance. She paints them on any spot she deems weak in case of an attack.
When all that is still missing are the silencing runes around the ships engine (and maybe on the door to the forge, though she´ll have to modifie it since the one she has only works on trolls and beasts) the paint is empty. Alright, a lot more is necessary if they want to make it through the trip.

She starts looking for Saga. She finds her nervously running to the dock.

"Hey Saga!", she shouts over to her. "I´m out of paint! What money should I buy new one from?!
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2020, 01:36:51 PM »
:no: "Harald. Harald Heikki. I believe this might help. It's the ship's manual," he says, handing her the book. :no: "I saw it while I was making sure the planners of this journey had not procured a glorified scrapheap of a vessel in a misguided attempt to pinch pennies. Thankfully, they did not."

:no: "Thank you! That's going to be really helpful!" She flipped through the until she found what she was looking for. She looks up at Harald. :no: "Thank you again, that saved me a lot of time." She turns and dashes off to tell Saga.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 02:02:14 PM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2020, 06:28:41 PM »

Svenny snores slightly. One of his ears twitches when the sound of maybe being addressed wafts in his direction. He doesn't care, he's asleep, and it wasn't angry. Continues to snore.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »
After the giant rune on the top-deck is finally done (it´s for making trolls and beasts avoid their ship), she moves on to painting smaller ones on every door that leads inside the ship she can find to keep the trolls from opening them. She should maybe ask Saga for a blueprint of the ship´s layout so she doesn´t forget anything. 
Unfortunately there are no runes that will keep trolls from breaching the ship, only those who may keep them at a distance. She paints them on any spot she deems weak in case of an attack.
When all that is still missing are the silencing runes around the ships engine (and maybe on the door to the forge, though she´ll have to modifie it since the one she has only works on trolls and beasts) the paint is empty. Alright, a lot more is necessary if they want to make it through the trip.

She starts looking for Saga. She finds her nervously running to the dock.

"Hey Saga!", she shouts over to her. "I´m out of paint! What money should I buy new one from?!

:is: "Uh..." Eh, why not? "Go ask Leif for some cash if you don't want to use yours. Harald and I will be going to him in a moment, you can come along" Saga mercilessly says. This counts as payback for the terrible introduction he gave her. And for the crappy commander he picked originally.

---
Svenny snores slightly. One of his ears twitches when the sound of maybe being addressed wafts in his direction. He doesn't care, he's asleep, and it wasn't angry. Continues to snore.

Leif pokes the cat. :is: "Oy. Dock 5. Get going."

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
:is: "Uh..." Eh, why not? "Go ask Leif for some cash if you don't want to use yours. Harald and I will be going to him in a moment, you can come along" Saga mercilessly says. This counts as payback for the terrible introduction he gave her. And for the crappy commander he picked originally.

---

Oliver pipes up with  :is: "Oh, yes, I need to see him as well. I think I might have a solution to his problems with my paperwork.", despite having wandered out of what most would have considered earshot from Saga.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »

---

":is: Alright, wait for me, I´m coming!"

Before going over she waves at Astrid who is running on deck with a manual in her hand.

"Are you looking for Saga too? Because she´s over there!" She points down to the dock.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 07:03:05 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »
":is: Alright, wait for me, I´m coming!"

Before going over she waves at Astrid who is running on deck with a manual in her hand.

"Are you looking for Saga too? Because she´s over there!" She points down to the dock.

Harald heads out onto deck just in time to hear Astrid. He mutters something in Finnish, and starts following Saga.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2020, 02:03:04 AM »
It takes Marianne half an hour to walk from Dock 5 to her destination.  Upon arrival, she enters a small shed, then emerges with several small plastic bowls, which she places haphazardly on the ground a few feet from one another.  Another trip into the shed produces a large bag of something that rattles and smells vaguely like meat.

Already, her efforts have not gone unnoticed.  A dozen spectators have appeared, watching and clamoring for her to finish.

Marianne fills the bowls, returns the bag to the shed, and calls, "KITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTYKITTY!!!"

Cats converge on the scene from all directions, emerging from out of the woods, from under buildings, off rooftops.

Marianne sits cross-legged on the ground to watch them eat.

"Hey, guys.  So, most of you know I got a job that will take me away for a few months.  Well, that starts tomorrow."

A big orange tom looks up at her from his bowl like he's listening.

"Like I told you, the other volunteers will keep you fed.  And Dr. Habersberger will still try and keep up with the spays and neuters."

A white kitten bites her in the arm.

"Ow!  Yes, he'll still pull bad teeth too.  Especially if you do that, you little shit..."

She uses her hand to gently wrestle with the kitten for a few moments as more cats finish eating and approach her. 

"What's that?" she asks a feisty tortoiseshell who always looks like she disapproves of something.  "You think I should go back and talk to my new crewmates?  duck that.  I'm spending my last few hours of freedom with you..."

She pulls a bottle of vodka out of her pocket.

"...and this."

Just then, an orange tabby kitten Marianne doesn't recognize runs straight up to her, mewing loudly all the way.  Not satisfied with being petted, the little one leaps onto her sleeve, climbs her arm to her shoulder, and YELLS in her ear.

"Odin's balls, cat!  That is not how we behave!"

Marianne plucks the little miscreant off her and deposits it in a group of other kittens who are happily eating.  She's just started to turn away when the other kittens stop as one and either run away or hiss.  The largest leaps at the orange one and Marianne gets several scratches breaking up what clearly wasn't a play fight.

Marianne offers the orange kitten to various cats she knows were recently pregnant, and a few who weren't.

"Is this yours?"

Rejection at every turn.

Shit.

"All right, little guy," she says as she tucks the kitten into a pocket.  "I guess you're mine."

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 02:29:54 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »
:no: "Thank you! That's going to be really helpful!" She flipped through the until she found what she was looking for. "There it is! The ship's engines take an hour and a half to recharge completely if empty." She looks up at Harald. :no: "Thank you again, that saved me a lot of time." She turns and dashes off to tell Saga.

Spoiler: show
Help. Is that amount of time believable? I just took a wild guess; if anybody can give insight on how fast the ship should recharge I would really appreciate that!

Spoiler: show
I'll leave that to the engineers... Thankfully a few dropped by the OOC discussion <3 <3 <3

Saga stays behind for a few more moments to discuss it with Astrid.
:no: "Right. I don't really understand the manual. How fast can we travel to keep the battery about half-full? If it's recharging? Check it for cloudy days, although from what I know about Mediterranean climate, those might be less common in summer... And check how fast we can travel at nighttime to make the batteries last until the sun is out..." she says. "The days will become longer as we travel south, by the by. I'll get back to you when the math is done, alright? I have to get to Leif real quick. If you need anything and speak Icelandic, ask him."

She hurries up to catch up with Dísa, Harald and Oliver.

When they arrive, they see Leif is doing some papers, since he gave up on the cat sleeping on books. He looks up to see the full committee and sighs.
:is: "What did I do?"
:is: "Uh." Biggest issues first, Saga decides. "Harald got into Iceland without a border check."
"He WHAT?! HOW DID HE MANAGE TO DO THAT?!"
"Nobody checked his passport when he crossed the borders to get to Sweden and to Iceland."
"HOW?!"
"I don't know! He said he just told them where he was going and nobody did any checks."
"Was he in quarantine, at least?!"
Saga immediately puts Harald's papers confirming the quarantine on the table.
Leif visibly relaxes and drops his head on the table, letting out a whine.