Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72503 times)

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2019, 01:06:06 PM »
When Runar went to get disinfection to Sanni and Elin, Anne leaned now ahainst the wall and sat on her seat. The ship rocked and now it was again calm after the whole incident with the creatures.

The woman's face fell neutral and tired for some time as she lulled in her own thoughts. After some time being quiet, she looked at Amelia and cleared her throat.
:sweden: "Looks like you and Axel finished the things up there", she said as a conversation starter and a smile on face.

:sweden: "Also me letting the creature past me: that won't happen in the expedition again."
Anne felt for some reason a need to explain herself.

:norway: "I didn't get to do much, the crew handled it well. And Axel's description of his role, as dumb and childish as it was at that meeting, it fits what he did up there. When i got up on deck, i barely got my pulse up before it was over"
Amelie smiled at Anne, clearly exaggerating.

:norway: "As for the beast? I'll take your word that it won't happen again - as long as you're talking about not trying to do it again at all. Seriously, cut it out. You are part of a team. Not relying on your teammates and trying to do things alone will get you killed"

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2019, 01:11:49 PM »
Axel took a good look around deck. Apparently, the nets and harpoons were actually for fishing. He slung his shield and harpoon back onto his back with a grunt, and whistled for Ylva.

:norway: "I didn't get to do much, the crew handled it well. And Axel's description of his role, as dumb and childish as it was at that meeting, it fits what he did up there. When i got up on deck, i barely got my pulse up before it was over"

Axel heard Amelia's comment and elected not to respond to it at all, simply sitting down and finishing his breakfast as quickly as possible.
After a moment, he looks at the other members of the expedition. :norway: "Who knows how to use a gun?"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »

Anne blinked few times and leaned her chin to her palms. Her eyes had widened slightly.
:sweden: "Yeah I know, right? " she smiled more.
:sweden: "I saw that up there too, I didn't even get a time to blink", Anne exagerated back and twirled her finger in air.

:norway: "As for the beast? I'll take your word that it won't happen again - as long as you're talking about not trying to do it again at all. Seriously, cut it out. You are part of a team. Not relying on your teammates and trying to do things alone will get you killed"

Anne's smile turned into an apologetic one and she waved her hand in the air.
:sweden: "Of course, please don't misunderstand me. It wasn't because I didn't want to rely on you. I panicked and that's why I'm sorry. I shouldn't lose my cool."
She sighed.

Axel heard Amelia's comment and elected not to respond to it at all, simply sitting down and finishing his breakfast as quickly as possible.
After a moment, he looks at the other members of the expedition. :norway: "Who knows how to use a gun?"

Anne twitched when she heard Axel's question. She raised her arm.
:sweden: "I know."

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2019, 06:06:43 PM »
:norway: "NOPE. Full disinfection. Come" Rúnar said, getting up. He gently, but absolutely sternly, pushed Sanni out. "You too!" he ordered, pointing at the injured woman.

Sanni grimaced but said nothing as Rúnar pushed her out of the room. She didn't like people fussing over her at unnecessary times, but it was nice to have someone making absolutely sure that she wasn't going to die of the rash. After a moment, though, she realized that did have one question. :iceland: "Do we have the capacity for a full disinfection in this vehicle? How does that work?"
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2019, 06:15:28 PM »
Elin grinned, " :iceland: thank you!"

She happily stretched out her arms.

Elin jumped, " :sweden: AaAaa! Me? Okay."

Elin followed after the two.

Sanni grimaced but said nothing as Rúnar pushed her out of the room. She didn't like people fussing over her at unnecessary times, but it was nice to have someone making absolutely sure that she wasn't going to die of the rash. After a moment, though, she realized that did have one question. :iceland: "Do we have the capacity for a full disinfection in this vehicle? How does that work?"

:iceland: "The tank is fully equipped with necessary tools. I made sure of it. For one, the gloves, tools and apron shall go under the UV light for two hours, along with the mask. You will wash your hands with a disinfectant, and I will spray any parts of your body or clothes or other equipment with disinfectant in spray. You didn't touch your face or hair, I hope... And then I will clean the other woman up -that bloody jacket is going straight into the washing machine- and you two will sit on the tank roof for an hour. You can never be too safe with this." He carefully walked Sanni around the carcasses or liquids of the critters. The crew was working hard on cleaning it up, but you can never be too safe.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2019, 06:19:14 PM »
:iceland: "The tank is fully equipped with necessary tools. I made sure of it. For one, the gloves, tools and apron shall go under the UV light for two hours, along with the mask. You will wash your hands with a disinfectant, and I will spray any parts of your body or clothes or other equipment with disinfectant in spray. You didn't touch your face or hair, I hope... And then I will clean the other woman up -that bloody jacket is going straight into the washing machine- and you two will sit on the tank roof for an hour. You can never be too safe with this." He carefully walked Sanni around the carcasses or liquids of the critters. The crew was working hard on cleaning it up, but you can never be too safe.

Sanni wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at his thoroughness, but she went along with it. At worst, it would be uncomfortable and an inconvenience. At best, it would save her life, or possibly her soul. Both, she decided. Yes. She would definitely go along with it. She smiled. :iceland: "Thank you, I appreciate your carefulness. And no, I didn't touch my face; what do you take me for?"
carpe diem

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2019, 06:29:36 PM »
Sanni wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at his thoroughness, but she went along with it. At worst, it would be uncomfortable and an inconvenience. At best, it would save her life, or possibly her soul. Both, she decided. Yes. She would definitely go along with it. She smiled. :iceland: "Thank you, I appreciate your carefulness. And no, I didn't touch my face; what do you take me for?"

:iceland: "You went on a-" Don't answer. "Right." He left the two girls outside the tank and went inside to prepare everything.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 06:37:22 PM by Kitty »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2019, 06:38:16 PM »
:icelandic: "You went on a-" Don't answer. "Right." He left the two girls outside the tank and went inside to prepare everything.

When Rúnar had disappeared inside, Sanni looked up at Elin. :iceland: "I went on what? This expedition? He means this expedition." She sighed slightly and trailed off, murmuring to herself.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »
When Rúnar had disappeared inside, Sanni looked up at Elin. :iceland: "I went on what? This expedition? He means this expedition." She sighed slightly and trailed off, murmuring to herself.

Elin looked down at Sanni, " :iceland: well... you did do that, but I suppose you do have your reasons, right? I mean even if you are immune it's not exactly the wisest decision to go on this trip."

Elin stood for a moment then said, " :iceland: Magic-man does know I have a name, right? My name iS ELIN." She shouted in hopes that Rúnar might here.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:29:29 PM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2019, 07:12:51 PM »
Elin looked down at Sanni, " :iceland: well... you did do that, but I suppose you do have your reasons, right? I mean even if you are immune it's not exactly the wisest decision to go on this trip."

Elin stood for a moment then said, " :iceland: Magic-man does know I have a name, right? My name iS ELIN."

Sanni smiled ruefully. :iceland: "I have my reasons, just like everyone else." In answer to her second question: "I don't know if he knows your name. Maybe he wasn't listening when we did introductions."
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2019, 08:31:01 PM »
Sanni smiled ruefully. :iceland: "I have my reasons, just like everyone else." In answer to her second question: "I don't know if he knows your name. Maybe he wasn't listening when we did introductions."

Elin thought for a moment, " :iceland: Do you mind if I ask you your reasons?"

She smiled hopefully.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »
Elin thought for a moment, " :iceland: Do you mind if I ask you your reasons?"

She smiled hopefully.

Sanni grimaced. She knew what Elin would think of her reasons--she knew what most people thought of her reasons. She didn't need another person worried more for her sanity than she already was. Of course, Elin had been kind to her so far, and part of her felt she owed it to tell her...but... :iceland: "I--I'd really rather not," she said finally. "I'm sorry. Maybe another time?"
carpe diem

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2019, 01:16:09 AM »
Anne blinked few times and leaned her chin to her palms. Her eyes had widened slightly.
:sweden: "Yeah I know, right? " she smiled more.
:sweden: "I saw that up there too, I didn't even get a time to blink", Anne exagerated back and twirled her finger in air.

Anne's smile turned into an apologetic one and she waved her hand in the air.
:sweden: "Of course, please don't misunderstand me. It wasn't because I didn't want to rely on you. I panicked and that's why I'm sorry. I shouldn't lose my cool."
She sighed.

Amelia nodded to Anne
:norway: "Good, you understand, that's good"

As Axel walked over to sit, Amelia muttered a quiet :norway: "speak of the sun..."

Anne twitched when she heard Axel's question. She raised her arm.
:sweden: "I know."

Amelia raised her hand, her now-empty plate in it.
:norway: "Me too. I've got a semi-auto rifle in the tank"

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2019, 04:53:45 AM »
Rúnar returned from the tank it a simple, translucent plastic box, an extra jacket, soap, water and both liquid disinfectant and one in spray.

:icelandic: "I am not good at remembering names. I apologize. Take the jacket off and drop it on the ground" he ordered Elin. "Gloves, mask, apron, tools, into the box" he ordered Sanni.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
Rúnar returned from the tank it a simple, translucent plastic box, an extra jacket, soap, water and both liquid disinfectant and one in spray.

:icelandic: "I am not good at remembering names. I apologize. Take the jacket off and drop it on the ground" he ordered Elin. "Gloves, mask, apron, tools, into the box" he ordered Sanni.

Sanni removed her gloves and apron, then hesitated. :iceland: "Should I take off my mask in proximity to these things?" She gestured at the blood-flecked gloves and apron in the box.
carpe diem