Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 399233 times)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #975 on: July 10, 2016, 10:28:43 PM »
Oh my God, Onni's expression in the first panel is priceless.

And hey!  Reynir has apparently learned where Onni's buttons are!  And he fights dirty.

I dunno if Reynir is just trying to push Onni's buttons or if Reynir actually is worried about them all dying horribly if they just ignore something to do with Reynir's visions considering last time something to do with one of Reynir's was ignored they did all almost die horribly.

But nothing gives me life more than that floofy hood Onni wears with the two floofy things sticking out of the top that might be ears and how they're always lopsided.

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #976 on: July 10, 2016, 10:52:21 PM »
Quote from: Juniper
But nothing gives me life more than that floofy hood Onni wears with the two floofy things sticking out of the top that might be ears and how they're always lopsided.
I just really want to stick a toothpick under it or something ok. I like my things neat and symmetrical. *looks around at messy room*

Quote from: Minutia_R
And he fights dirty.
Quote from: Juniper
I dunno if Reynir is just trying to push Onni's buttons or if Reynir actually is worried about them all dying horribly if they just ignore something to do with Reynir's visions considering last time something to do with one of Reynir's was ignored they did all almost die horribly.
Since he has so many siblings that I have lost count, I'm guessing he's learned some dirty tricks growing up. You can't just exist as the youngest sibling in a big family and not. Though I am thinking that he is indeed very concerned about something bad happening if he doesn't go investigate or else I don't think he would be all yelly. He doesn't seem to be the yelly type.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Tr

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Mostly lurking these days
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #977 on: July 10, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »
Onni and his lopsided floofy hood thingies are the MOST adorable. <3
This is... pretty much all I have to add to the conversation.  :P
Avatar by the amazing and wonderful ginger ^-^ :chap11: :chap12: :chap13:
Fluent :usa:, Learning in school :spain:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #978 on: July 10, 2016, 11:18:24 PM »
I just really want to stick a toothpick under it or something ok. I like my things neat and symmetrical. *looks around at messy room*
Since he has so many siblings that I have lost count, I'm guessing he's learned some dirty tricks growing up. You can't just exist as the youngest sibling in a big family and not. Though I am thinking that he is indeed very concerned about something bad happening if he doesn't go investigate or else I don't think he would be all yelly. He doesn't seem to be the yelly type.

Reynír has four older siblings that I can recall.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #979 on: July 10, 2016, 11:26:00 PM »

Yeah, I didn't mean to say that Reynir is not genuinely concerned, but ... I don't know, something about the way he puts it makes me think he knows exactly what he's doing.

Kelpie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • formerly known as Jhev
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #980 on: July 10, 2016, 11:45:36 PM »
Quote from: Minutia_R
Yeah, I didn't mean to say that Reynir is not genuinely concerned, but ... I don't know, something about the way he puts it makes me think he knows exactly what he's doing.
Oh, well I didn't mean to say that you didn't think he was genuinely concerned, all I was going at was that he is indeed being manipulative, but manipulative because he's genuinely concerned. Which I probably did not get across very well... It's late for me and this is why I don't normally get in discussions when it's late XD

Quote from: Anna
Reynír has four older siblings that I can recall.
Okay, thanks! I had an extreme lack of motivation to go figure it out.
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Fluent :usa:
Learning :germany:
Can count in :japan:
Actually learned a lot of in elementary school, but can now only remember how to decline verbs :vaticancity:
Maybe some day :norway:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2016, 01:34:31 AM »
Now I'm picturing Onni looking really confused as someone adjusts his ear floof things, or better yet sticks a tooth pick under one.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2016, 03:00:16 PM »
I'm not entirely sure Onni's ear-fluffs aren't expressing emotion. In the last panel, I could swear he's got his ears laid back.

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #983 on: July 11, 2016, 03:14:26 PM »
I'm not entirely sure Onni's ear-fluffs aren't expressing emotion. In the last panel, I could swear he's got his ears laid back.

That could be!  It's the dream world, after all.  In which case, what emotion are his usual asymmetrical ear-fluffs expressing?  "I am a giant dork"?

(I say this with love.)

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #984 on: July 11, 2016, 03:20:41 PM »
In which case, what emotion are his usual asymmetrical ear-fluffs expressing?

Confusion? Mixed emotions? Listening to more than one thing at once?

Cats, at least, often have their ears pointing in different directions.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #985 on: July 11, 2016, 04:45:04 PM »
In which case, what emotion are his usual asymmetrical ear-fluffs expressing?  "I am a giant dork"?
"I feel an imbalance in the force!"
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #986 on: July 11, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »
Oh, well I didn't mean to say that you didn't think he was genuinely concerned, all I was going at was that he is indeed being manipulative, but manipulative because he's genuinely concerned. Which I probably did not get across very well... It's

Reynir vs. Tuuri -- Steel Cage Match
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #987 on: July 11, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »
Reynir vs. Tuuri -- Steel Cage Match

Sorry.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #988 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:38 AM »
Sorry.

Nah, I'm gonna just go and get the popcorn.  I think the two of them would be...interesting.  They're both clearly a lot sneakier than they appear.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #989 on: July 13, 2016, 02:34:23 AM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm a little heart broken over how sad and scared Onni looks for this entire page. After Reynir says his "we might all die terribly" thing Onni just looks so sad and broken in the first panel and immediately gives in and something about only being able to see the back of his hood in the second panel makes it even more heartbreaking then the poor baby looks so scared for the last three panels. This is the most I've wanted to hug a fictional character in a while :c

But at least it's kind of neat how much he reminds me of Lalli in the last panel.