Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842724 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4725 on: November 25, 2015, 01:13:56 AM »

Gwenno felt the heat of battle, and the warmth of blood on her bare hands, as the truest form of happiness.

But some said she was taking it too far, that she was becoming a monster herself....

~~~Blood Sport~~~

I might be developing a problem guys: I like painting blood too much :I  That was legit one of the funnest part about making this piece (except for drawing Gwenno's crazy eyes: I can never get enough crazy eyes ;D ) Thinking up an interesting Burton version of a troll was actually harder than I thought it would be, but I think it turned out pretty good  ^-^

This was officially the last BurtonSSSSona on my to-do list, if anyone wants a super twisted highly exaggerated version of their sona, I might be able to find the time and energy to have a go at more Burtonifications ;)  (I've caught the bug baaaaad)
This is genius.  Pure genius.  If you've caught the Burton bug, I don't want you ever to be cured.   ^-^

It's hard for me to single out aspects of this I especially like, but:
Gwenno's crazy hair and how it moves!
The poor monster and its helplessly flailing limbs!  I never thought I'd feel *sorry* for a *troll*.  Until now...
(The Norwegian hunter outfit is also Made of Win.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:15:40 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4726 on: November 25, 2015, 01:17:42 AM »

Gwenno felt the heat of battle, and the warmth of blood on her bare hands, as the truest form of happiness.

But some said she was taking it too far, that she was becoming a monster herself....

~~~Blood Sport~~~

I might be developing a problem guys: I like painting blood too much :I  That was legit one of the funnest part about making this piece (except for drawing Gwenno's crazy eyes: I can never get enough crazy eyes ;D ) Thinking up an interesting Burton version of a troll was actually harder than I thought it would be, but I think it turned out pretty good  ^-^

This was officially the last BurtonSSSSona on my to-do list, if anyone wants a super twisted highly exaggerated version of their sona, I might be able to find the time and energy to have a go at more Burtonifications ;)  (I've caught the bug baaaaad)
Heeheehee this is wonderful :D I looove the blood too!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4727 on: November 25, 2015, 01:40:07 AM »

*whispers* You don't have to Burtonify me, but I don't think you ever did your half of the art trade with me from forever ago...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4728 on: November 25, 2015, 02:35:20 AM »

*sigh* if I weren't so pressed for time I'd love to do an art trade, but alas.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4729 on: November 25, 2015, 08:35:26 AM »

Eeeeeeeeeeegggggg! My various wonders and deities this is AMAZING!!!!!!! I don't even know how to express how happy I am with this, but know that I saw this at work and am pretty much shaking trying to stop myself from squeeing and freaking out everyone in the office :P It is the perfect burtonification of my 'sona and I couldn't ask for better :) It is beautiful and your burtonified troll is so wonderfully morbid and weird. I would probably gush more but I've got to do stuff in a minute or two but thank you so much for this!!!!! May edit later to add more coherence:P

YUSH, AWESOMESAUCE! Glad to hear you like it so much! Have to admit, halfway through I'd stop and think "is this excessive? too much blood?", and then I'd remember your gung-ho attitude and was all "nah, I'm sure it'll be fine", so I'm stoked to hear I was right! Finding the right composition for it actually faught me more than any other one has for some reason, but I'm happy with the one I settled on ^-^ And I think you're plenty coherent: I can positively sense your excitement vibrating out of my screen :))

I'm in! Might take a bit to do your half of the trade, though, because Time and Real Life

Allllrriiightty then! And don't worry if it takes a while, lord knows I do :P

This is genius.  Pure genius.  If you've caught the Burton bug, I don't want you ever to be cured.   ^-^

It's hard for me to single out aspects of this I especially like, but:
Gwenno's crazy hair and how it moves!
The poor monster and its helplessly flailing limbs!  I never thought I'd feel *sorry* for a *troll*.  Until now...
(The Norwegian hunter outfit is also Made of Win.)

Thank youuuuuUUuuUu! Drawing the hair was actually super fun: so wild and free! ;D

Heeheehee this is wonderful :D I looove the blood too!

WOOOOT, another blood enthusiast! I think I may have caught Curry-Fever, because splattering artistic gore on people is starting to just look so good ( ̄□ ̄;)

*sigh* if I weren't so pressed for time I'd love to do an art trade, but alas.

Eh, art has no expiration date! You can get it done whenever you want, because doing a Burtonesque Fimby just sounds too good to resist...

*whispers* You don't have to Burtonify me, but I don't think you ever did your half of the art trade with me from forever ago...

*Looks at list of art trades*
*doesn't notice Piney's name*
*PANICS*

HOLYCRAPYOU'RERIGHTI'MSOSORRY
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhmahGOD, how could I have not done it for THIS LONG?! NO EXCUSES! I will start on it ASAP, was there any style you wanted it in? I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT I'M SO SORRY *sweats*

*crawls into corner to burrow into the wall in shame*

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4730 on: November 25, 2015, 04:52:46 PM »
Trinka, am I too late to request a burtonsona? I don't know how long my side will take me, but I'd manage it soon enough.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4731 on: November 25, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »

My hand slipped and I made a quick redraw of the first panel of page 425 because certain characters could fit in it so easily.

Disclaimer: Haiz is probably not going to become a melee weapon this time, it's just good to have a mage when troll hunting. Even a slightly unhappy one.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4732 on: November 25, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »

My hand slipped and I made a quick redraw of the first panel of page 425 because certain characters could fit in it so easily.

Disclaimer: Haiz is probably not going to become a melee weapon this time, it's just good to have a mage when troll hunting. Even a slightly unhappy one.
*Tries very hard not to burst out laughing because her housemates are all sleeping* ;D
Laufey, you're the most best !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4733 on: November 25, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »

LA u  fE Y
i'm laughing so hard

what happened here
"yeah let's go look over there but first lemme grab this mage"

you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4734 on: November 25, 2015, 06:46:36 PM »
*Tries very hard not to burst out laughing because her housemates are all sleeping* ;D
Laufey, you're the most best !

Oooor you could just wake up the whole house by laughing, it's always an option! :D

what happened here
"yeah let's go look over there but first lemme grab this mage"

It's very logical if you think about it. Check where the mage does not want to go, that's where the troll is (a bit like with the cat really).

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4735 on: November 25, 2015, 06:51:52 PM »

Oh my GOD. Oh my god. Ohhhh my god this is absolute perfection and i'm not crying you'recrying
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4736 on: November 26, 2015, 01:27:50 AM »
*Looks at list of art trades*
*doesn't notice Piney's name*
*PANICS*

HOLYCRAPYOU'RERIGHTI'MSOSORRY
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhmahGOD, how could I have not done it for THIS LONG?! NO EXCUSES! I will start on it ASAP, was there any style you wanted it in? I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT I'M SO SORRY *sweats*

*crawls into corner to burrow into the wall in shame*

* Piney pats Trinka
It's okay!! I have at least three SSSSona drawings I promised to do since way back in the summer, that I haven't gotten around to... :P (I don't have a preference for style btw)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4737 on: November 26, 2015, 04:22:03 AM »

*wipes tear* Oh Laffi. Just what the doctor ordered on a rough day. That confused distraught "Nno!?" is particularly hilarious!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4738 on: November 26, 2015, 05:44:13 AM »
Oh my GOD. Oh my god. Ohhhh my god this is absolute perfection and i'm not crying you'recrying

It's ok, if your eyes water because someone hit you in the shin bone it doesn't count as crying!

*wipes tear* Oh Laffi. Just what the doctor ordered on a rough day. That confused distraught "Nno!?" is particularly hilarious!

Laughter therapy is great stress relief. *nodnod* Haiz definitely confirmed for cat (plus it's a bit worrisome how easy it is to just switch Sigrun with your ssssona, except it makes everything even more unpredictable).

EDIT: h-help, my post count is now my birth year. Can I ever post again?!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4739 on: November 26, 2015, 06:09:56 AM »
That confused distraught "Nno!?" is particularly hilarious!
well that's just too canon

maeg

EDIT: h-help, my post count is now my birth year. Can I ever post again?!
welcome to the Curse
you'll know where to find me.