Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842532 times)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4650 on: November 14, 2015, 10:58:02 PM »
Keeper, I have an art trade! Sorry it took so long!

Madeline is getting ready to fight some trolls. Better take those glasses off so they don't get broken!

Oh yes!!! The sword!!! I love it so much, thank you!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4651 on: November 15, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
Keeper, I have an art trade! Sorry it took so long!

Madeline is getting ready to fight some trolls. Better take those glasses off so they don't get broken!

Poor trolls.
And that makes three people with fencing skills...
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4652 on: November 16, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »
I might be spamming this thread just a tiny bit, but you know what? I have no regrets! I realized belatedly that I had never drawn my sona in her dreamworld-mage getup, and with the introduction of the luontos, what better time could there be? Many thanks to everyone in the art critique thread for helping me fix it up: it's a lot more dramatic this way! So without further ado, I present Ana and her elkhound luonto!

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4653 on: November 16, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »
I might be spamming this thread just a tiny bit, but you know what? I have no regrets! I realized belatedly that I had never drawn my sona in her dreamworld-mage getup, and with the introduction of the luontos, what better time could there be? Many thanks to everyone in the art critique thread for helping me fix it up: it's a lot more dramatic this way! So without further ado, I present Ana and her elkhound luonto!

Oooooohhhh! This is beautiful!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #4654 on: November 16, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry for disappearing for so long, but I just finished my exams and I'm still trying to get used to being online. I'm probably not going to be very active on here since I'm not good at keeping up with forums, but I may stop by ;v; I'm more active on my Tumblr.
Art: http://borealis-dragons.tumblr.com/ / http://mawara.deviantart.com/
Personal: http://falloutboy-newvegas.tumblr.com/

Anyways, here's my (very late) part of a trade with Haiz! The hair looks like that because I imagine it's always changing colour in the dreamworld  ::)

Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4655 on: November 16, 2015, 02:59:51 PM »
Anyways, here's my (very late) part of a trade with Haiz! The hair looks like that because I imagine it's always changing colour in the dreamworld  ::)

I saw it on Haiz's tumblr and couldn't comment, but WOW North ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4656 on: November 16, 2015, 03:01:23 PM »

AAHHH totally worth the wait!!! i love love love how the hair turned out and I think you're 100% right about it constantly changing colours in the dreamworld *____*

and ohh, ana, that sure is some awesome-looking art you've posted recently!!! the luonto lighting turned out prettty cool
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4657 on: November 16, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »

I thought it looked good before, but this looks great! You really nailed the lighting, I think :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4658 on: November 16, 2015, 03:19:57 PM »
Hi, everyone! I'm so sorry for disappearing for so long, but I just finished my exams and I'm still trying to get used to being online. I'm probably not going to be very active on here since I'm not good at keeping up with forums, but I may stop by ;v; I'm more active on my Tumblr.
Art: http://borealis-dragons.tumblr.com/ / http://mawara.deviantart.com/
Personal: http://falloutboy-newvegas.tumblr.com/

North, welcome back!  Your Haiz art is fantastic, including the rainbow hair -- I wish I could do that IRL but it probably won't play in a corporate office.  Plus, it really brings out the androgynous aspect of their personality and appearance.  (Because I regret to say that most of Haiz's real-life photos are *just darling*  :D and I can see why they get called "young lady" a lot.)

Meanwhile, can I tempt you back over to the Alternaverse thread?  In VillainSSSSona land, new developments could threaten Dr. North's work with her beloved monstrosities (or open up new frontiers for them, depending on the outcome of our Legions of Terror's push into the Teutonic League's lands...). https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg73709#msg73709
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4659 on: November 16, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
I saw it on Haiz's tumblr and couldn't comment, but WOW North ! :D

Aaaa thank you so much!! I'm really glad to have time to make art again ;v;

AAHHH totally worth the wait!!! i love love love how the hair turned out and I think you're 100% right about it constantly changing colours in the dreamworld *____*

!!! IM SO GLAD U LIKE IT *v* I've had that headcanon since I made the sketch over two months agooo I am so happy to finally have it out there, IN THE OPEN

North, welcome back!  Your Haiz art is fantastic, including the rainbow hair -- I wish I could do that IRL but it probably won't play in a corporate office.  Plus, it really brings out the androgynous aspect of their personality and appearance.  (Because I regret to say that most of Haiz's real-life photos are *just darling*  :D and I can see why they get called "young lady" a lot.)

Meanwhile, can I tempt you back over to the Alternaverse thread?  In VillainSSSSona land, new developments could threaten Dr. North's work with her beloved monstrosities (or open up new frontiers for them, depending on the outcome of our Legions of Terror's push into the Teutonic League's lands...). https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg73709#msg73709

Thank you, I'm glad you guys like it! I took care not to make the face feminine on purpose, because I tend to draw feminine facial features ;v;

I'll definitely check it out, maybe I can become at least partially active in some threads 8)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4660 on: November 17, 2015, 09:42:03 AM »
Oooooooh arts!!!!!!!!!

Hahah, spam all you like, this thread has not been nearly active enough of late and it's lovely to see your stuff :P This looks really good. I think the advice from the critique thread definitely improved it as it is looking very epic and shiny ^_^ (takes notes for future art things as well). I like the feel of wind in it as well, definitely a very dramatic piece all in all :3

Long time no art, but very nice Haiz here ^_^ I love the hair and the determined expression. This is a Haiz you would definitely not want to mess with!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4661 on: November 17, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »
Ana and North: Your art looks amazing!! Love it! :O

I finished my art trade with Curry!

I drew their ssssona in their Dreamworld outfit.

I decided to try something different and color it digitally, and I'm really happy with how it turned out! It was a lot of work... I did some really stupid things, since I'm a newbie at digital art, and had to fix stupid things and also decided that I wanted to try lighting?? And I had never done this before, so it was quite a challenge!

Plain version:

*Spoilers because long post.*
Spoiler: BONUS • show

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DUMPED A BUCKET OF WATER ON KARRI

Día swears it was an accident, she was just trying to wash the Cattank

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4662 on: November 17, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »

I finished my art trade with Curry!

I drew their ssssona in their Dreamworld outfit.

I decided to try something different and color it digitally, and I'm really happy with how it turned out! It was a lot of work... I did some really stupid things, since I'm a newbie at digital art, and had to fix stupid things and also decided that I wanted to try lighting?? And I had never done this before, so it was quite a challenge!

Plain version:

*Spoilers because long post.*
Spoiler: BONUS • show

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE DUMPED A BUCKET OF WATER ON KARRI

Día swears it was an accident, she was just trying to wash the Cattank

Will confess at first glance I thought this was a centaur-Curry for some reason....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4663 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:31 PM »
Long time no art, but very nice Haiz here ^_^ I love the hair and the determined expression. This is a Haiz you would definitely not want to mess with!
Thank you! Yeah, it's been a while with exams and all that going on >v>' I tried to make hir look a bit more intimidating than ze usually is depicted as. Behold, the wrath of Haiz. Probably about to send your butt out of hir dreamspace 8)

Aaaaa, thank you!! I love your piece, too, the shading looks really good! The pose is also really neat, it's refreshing to see something different than the regular "standing up" (I am guilty of drawing that pose too often) ;v;
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:58:33 PM by North »

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4664 on: November 17, 2015, 03:00:44 PM »
Ana All your art looks great! Ahhh that Luonto picture *_*

North Holy hell, my jaw dropped. That is some wonderful art, yo.

Daéa Your colouring looks great! I can't decide whether I prefer the regular version or the flats, they're both awesome. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge