Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841831 times)

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4635 on: November 01, 2015, 09:32:48 AM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I'm being silly again, but hopefully everyone will like it ^_^ (and hopefully everyone is included! There were so many Halloween draws it was difficult to keep track >"< )

Gwenno, it's awesome and cute!
It's a huge work to get so many people together in one artwork. Norwegian ssssonas had a group celebration, Finns had a sauna session, but what about the others? Swedes need a get-together soon... a yule party?
*makes notes*
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4636 on: November 01, 2015, 09:38:38 AM »
Heheh, thanks to all the extra people who liked my Thriller thing :3 I'm really glad you all enjoyed it  ;D It's a fun break from serious painting to do something ridiculous like this :P

Uh... would you be so kind as to draw Sara Hallander looking spooky?  Old and witchlike, sinisterly young and doll-like, wrapped in mummy-rags, a carved tombstone angel -- whatever suits you.  As a student of Old World arts, she'd certainly appreciate a tribute to "Thriller"!

I remember once when I was but a girl she came to our village, came with her flowers and her sunshine smile. Wondrous things glowing pale as the moon and blooming but for one day. They cured any ills she said, banished sickness and mended flesh. But we took none, for wherever she walked the plants withered and died and the sweet smell of death perfumed her being. She left at sunset, and for seven years nothing grew on the blackened ground she had walked upon, and none would dare step upon her mark. Upon the seventh anniversary of her passing we awoke to see her path blooming. White flowers grew, each blushing pale as the moon and sweet decay scented. The bloomed for but one day. At sunset someone died

Dunno, sometimes inspiration is weird....
I remembered you dressing up all Pride and Prejudice a while back and based the outfit on that, the story just came from my head, but I think it's suitably creepy :3 hope you like it!

Spoiler: uncoloured version kinda looked pretty creepy actually • show
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:20:33 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #4637 on: November 01, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I'm being silly again, but hopefully everyone will like it ^_^ (and hopefully everyone is included! There were so many Halloween draws it was difficult to keep track >"< )

Spoiler: show

*Wild Applause*

That is absolutely perfect! I laughed so hard at the very end!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4638 on: November 01, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »

I remember once when I was but a girl she came to our village, came with her flowers and her sunshine smile. Wondrous things glowing pale as the moon and blooming but for one day. They cured any ills she said, banished sickness and mended flesh. But we took none, for wherever she walked the plants withered and died and the sweet smell of death perfumed her being. She left at sunset, and for seven years nothing grew on the blackened ground she had walked upon, and none would dare step upon her mark. Upon the seventh anniversary of her passing we awoke to see her path blooming. White flowers grew, each blushing pale as the moon and sweet decay scented. The bloomed for but one day. At sunset someone died

Dunno, sometimes inspiration is weird....
I remembered you dressing up all Pride and Prejudice a while back and based the outfit on that, the story just came from my head, but I think it's suitably creepy :3 hope you like it!

Spoiler: uncoloured version kinda looked pretty creepy actually • show

THIS.  This is genius!  I've committed Regency cosplay more than once, so this is both plausible and delightfully creepy.  Thanks so much! 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4639 on: November 03, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
I come with an art trade in hand!!

Here we have Día, the frozen space explorer who was sent out just a little bit ahead of her time. Landing on a cold and unforgiving planet with little atmosphere and no way to return home, she's forced to accept her fate as the frostbite takes over more and more of her body.

THIS WAS REALLY FUN TO DO?? And I now know more about frostbite than I will ever need living in Florida. Amazing, very useful.

Spoiler: wip that shows full face • show

YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4640 on: November 04, 2015, 12:40:10 PM »
I come with an art trade in hand!!

Here we have Día, the frozen space explorer who was sent out just a little bit ahead of her time. Landing on a cold and unforgiving planet with little atmosphere and no way to return home, she's forced to accept her fate as the frostbite takes over more and more of her body.

THIS WAS REALLY FUN TO DO?? And I now know more about frostbite than I will ever need living in Florida. Amazing, very useful.

Spoiler: wip that shows full face • show

AAAAAA, Curry, I love it!!!
It looks so beautiful and poignant, like the sad ending of a movie...

Thank you so much!! *___*

(I promise my part of the art trade will be finished soon!)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4641 on: November 04, 2015, 01:45:30 PM »
I have my art trade for Ana Nymus!

I wanted a pose that looked uncomfortable, so I actually did a couple of weird book-reading poses, then settled on this one.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4642 on: November 04, 2015, 03:19:39 PM »
I have my art trade for Ana Nymus!

I wanted a pose that looked uncomfortable, so I actually did a couple of weird book-reading poses, then settled on this one.

Eeeeeeee! Weird book reading poses are the best! I'm imagining that in this little scene Ana saw a book on the floor and decided to just read it right then and there ;D Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to my half of the trade just yet (school is a thing -_-), but I will just as soon as I have time!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4643 on: November 04, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
Eeeeeeee! Weird book reading poses are the best! I'm imagining that in this little scene Ana saw a book on the floor and decided to just read it right then and there ;D Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to my half of the trade just yet (school is a thing -_-), but I will just as soon as I have time!

That's kinda the same train of thought I had. Glad you like it! And take your time, don't worry.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4644 on: November 08, 2015, 05:54:11 AM »
Curry and Keeper ^_^ it's so nice to see your trades here and sorry for the non-immediate response :3

Curry - I think my favourite thing about this one is actually the story attached ^_^ don't get me wrong, the piece is super pretty, especially the pretty snow and cold breath, but it's such a creative idea for a trade and I love that  ;D

Keeper - that's a very realistic reading pose if ever I'd seen one :P I have definitely sat like that many times with book in hand as well

Sooooooooooo, erm I think this may be my record for taking the longest time to finish a trade o_O better late than never I guess? Two more trades to go, but at least I've started the productivity barrel rolling now :P
Anyhoo, this is for Daiseerose, who I got the impression from the info dump may actually be a competent medic. The poor injured soldier hopefully doesn't look too much like anyone's 'sonas because I was definitely trying to avoid that :/ but anyway, they'll be just fine with some bandages and bedrest I'm sure ^_^

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:11:24 AM by Gwenno »

Roleplay doc

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4645 on: November 08, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »
Sooooooooooo, erm I think this may be my record for taking the longest time to finish a trade o_O better late than never I guess? Two more trades to go, but at least I've started the productivity barrel rolling now :P
Anyhoo, this is for Daiseerose, who I got the impression from the info dump may actually be a competent medic. The poor injured soldier hopefully doesn't look too much like anyone's 'sonas because I was definitely trying to avoid that :/ but anyway, they'll be just fine with some bandages and bedrest I'm sure ^_^

It's such a great scene, I always love how elaborate your backgrounds are!

(No need to spoiler for blood by the way, you're fine :) )
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4646 on: November 08, 2015, 08:10:55 AM »
It's such a great scene, I always love how elaborate your backgrounds are!

(No need to spoiler for blood by the way, you're fine :) )

Thank you ^_^ I just love backgrounds, they're so fun to draw and are a great way of showing a story (at least for me they are, haha, my mind can't help but concoct the most elaborate stories when I do an art trade)

I know that comic level blood is okay, but there's a different between 'beautiful blood splattered Sigrun' blood and 'soldier writhing on the floor with a stomach wound' blood, so didn't want to inadvertently cause any upset :3 I'll unspoiler it now though, thanks for telling me  ^-^

Roleplay doc

daiseerose

« Reply #4647 on: November 08, 2015, 08:19:13 AM »

[/quote]

Ohh I really love it!! The hair is perfect! Thank you so much! :)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4648 on: November 08, 2015, 11:23:57 AM »

*_* Wow, this is intense! So awesome!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4649 on: November 14, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
Keeper, I have an art trade! Sorry it took so long!

Madeline is getting ready to fight some trolls. Better take those glasses off so they don't get broken!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!