Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842901 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4620 on: October 30, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I'm being silly again, but hopefully everyone will like it ^_^ (and hopefully everyone is included! There were so many Halloween draws it was difficult to keep track >"< )

My personal thoughts on the matter is that at least 50% of the people are actually just Karri wearing a mask.....
Here's a link to the album on imgr if the pictures refuse to behave
http://imgur.com/a/KCqHg
(my browser just crashed trying to view it, and it might be because it's an old computer or because there's just too much stuff?)

erm, maybe I'll go do my art trades now :P

Gwenno, this is BRILLIANT!  (Even if the imgur page is slowing down my browser.)  You've got everyone in there -- bogthings, näakki, draugs, witches, creepy dolls, dreamwalkers, the Lauftroll... dare I hope Sara Hallander is in there too, at least in the big dance-off in the middle part? 

It's definitely a Happy Halloween in Self-Insert Land.  Thank you!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4621 on: October 30, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I'm being silly again, but hopefully everyone will like it ^_^ (and hopefully everyone is included! There were so many Halloween draws it was difficult to keep track >"< )

Spoiler: show

My personal thoughts on the matter is that at least 50% of the people are actually just Karri wearing a mask.....
(my browser just crashed trying to view it, and it might be because it's an old computer or because there's just too much stuff?)

I opened, while I accidentally listened to thriller song.... and I was "OH" then started the song over and read while looking at the whole pics.

(I don't care about halloween, so I was not even try to draw anything, so probably I am not in. I can't tell who is in there anyway)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4622 on: October 30, 2015, 02:27:43 PM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I grinned like an idiot throughout the thing. It's wonderful and amazing and yes, so much yes.  ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4623 on: October 30, 2015, 02:46:47 PM »
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

I love this....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4624 on: October 30, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »
Gwenno, this is fantastic! Good job!! :D
I can't even imagine how much work you had to do this, but it was really worth it!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4625 on: October 30, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
I can't even imagine how much work you had to do this, but it was really worth it!
Gwenno, it is so lovely and funny, thank you so much for doing this! I think I recognize everone in there :D
But that creepy imgur background - HOW DID YOU DO THAT? And feel I should know who that falling head belongs to, but I can't place him..
Seems Imgur is getting into the spirit of Halloween and making creepy backgrounds for everything..
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:13:42 PM by Unlos »

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4626 on: October 30, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
Gwenno, that is absolutely fantastic! I'm just going to go ahead and stare at it for a couple more hours... *puts "Thriller" on a loop*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4627 on: October 30, 2015, 07:07:24 PM »
GWENNO that is... i think it's amazing, i only got to read the beginning (haiz is in it!! eee!!!) before my browser started acting up hahaaha ha...... and the imgur link wouldn't show anything to me. woops.
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4628 on: October 30, 2015, 11:32:27 PM »
Heheh, I'm glad people enjoy my silly moments (silly entire existence really, but shhhhhh)

Ohhh my gosh, this is SO COOL! :D I love this!!! And honestly, Karri probably is about half of the cast. Hard to tell with such convincing disguises >_>

also, i have LOTS of karris to post, so expect those at some point soon. I promise :P
Hahah, glad we can agree on that, and can't wait to see all the new Karris :P

OMG Gwenno, that is so cute!!! Thank you for including me! :)
You're welcome, and it was a really fun design to draw :3

Gwenno, this is BRILLIANT!  (Even if the imgur page is slowing down my browser.)  You've got everyone in there -- bogthings, näakki, draugs, witches, creepy dolls, dreamwalkers, the Lauftroll... dare I hope Sara Hallander is in there too, at least in the big dance-off in the middle part? 

I opened, while I accidentally listened to thriller song.... and I was "OH" then started the song over and read while looking at the whole pics.

(I don't care about halloween, so I was not even try to draw anything, so probably I am not in. I can't tell who is in there anyway)
Ah, I'm sorry but neither of you are in it >"< I basically went through the thread and picked up all the Halloween pictures I could find, but if there were no pictures I didn't think of drawing them :(

My offer to draw people all spooky still stands however so if you'd like something drawn let me know, and I could even draw a little dance page for those leftover :3 I'm a bit quicker at it now than I was at the start of this  ;D (although I can't guarantee it would be ready by the end of Halloween in any timezone!)

I grinned like an idiot throughout the thing. It's wonderful and amazing and yes, so much yes.  ;D
Thanks ^_^ making people grin like idiots is forever my goal :P
I love this....
;D

Thank you ^_^ and yeah, it did take a while, but it became quicker the more I drew which is good. I'm kinda using this whole self inserts thread as an excuse to binge-draw when I really want to improve on some aspect of my art :P (drawing all the 'sonas in individual poses all that time ago was pretty much the point where I started to understand how to draw people properly) and I learnt a lot of tricks here to make drawing digitally easier :)

Gwenno, it is so lovely and funny, thank you so much for doing this! I think I recognize everone in there :D
But that creepy imgur background - HOW DID YOU DO THAT? And feel I should know who that falling head belongs to, but I can't place him..
Seems Imgur is getting into the spirit of Halloween and making creepy backgrounds for everything..
I can take no credit for what Imgr does, but I checked it out this morning and *wow* do I love it! Heheh, you finally got included in one of my silly draws at least :P (about time really). The floating head is videovance (at least if we're thinking about the same one, I think that's the only "floating head type thingie" in here...), it was one of Curry's spooky draws :3

Gwenno, that is absolutely fantastic! I'm just going to go ahead and stare at it for a couple more hours... *puts "Thriller" on a loop*
Halloween spirit success!  ;D *woooot!*

GWENNO that is... i think it's amazing, i only got to read the beginning (haiz is in it!! eee!!!) before my browser started acting up hahaaha ha...... and the imgur link wouldn't show anything to me. woops.
Ah carp, I really don't know what else do do about that. I've downed the quality quite a lot but there's just so many of them and I'm not sure what else I can do :/ well at least you got to see some swamp Haiz (they're only in the first two pages anyway. Oh, and I guess kinda in the background playing Thriller with the band for the whole thing as well, but you can't see that......)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4629 on: October 31, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
Heheh, I'm glad people enjoy my silly moments (silly entire existence really, but shhhhhh)
Ah, I'm sorry but neither of you are in it >"< I basically went through the thread and picked up all the Halloween pictures I could find, but if there were no pictures I didn't think of drawing them :(

My offer to draw people all spooky still stands however so if you'd like something drawn let me know, and I could even draw a little dance page for those leftover :3 I'm a bit quicker at it now than I was at the start of this  ;D (although I can't guarantee it would be ready by the end of Halloween in any timezone!)

Uh... would you be so kind as to draw Sara Hallander looking spooky?  Old and witchlike, sinisterly young and doll-like, wrapped in mummy-rags, a carved tombstone angel -- whatever suits you.  As a student of Old World arts, she'd certainly appreciate a tribute to "Thriller"!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4630 on: October 31, 2015, 03:16:55 AM »
I can take no credit for what Imgr does, but I checked it out this morning and *wow* do I love it! Heheh, you finally got included in one of my silly draws at least :P (about time really). The floating head is videovance (at least if we're thinking about the same one, I think that's the only "floating head type thingie" in here...), it was one of Curry's spooky draws :3
Halloween spirit success!  ;D *woooot!*
I remembered that this is not actually the first time I'm included in a group draw, I was included in the 17-th of May viking ship! But I am so happy to be in another:-)
There was a falling head in the imgur background, just to the left of the picture when you hovered your mouse there at the right time- some grimacing actor that I didn't recognize. When I refreshed the page, there was a floating tombstone, and today it a floating skeleton - thing.

And Keeper, I'm up for more art-trades! The coming week will be crazy busy for me, but after that II'd love to draw more! Does anyone else want to do an art trade with me? Pretty please?

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4631 on: October 31, 2015, 07:56:44 AM »
Ah carp, I really don't know what else do do about that. I've downed the quality quite a lot but there's just so many of them and I'm not sure what else I can do :/ well at least you got to see some swamp Haiz (they're only in the first two pages anyway. Oh, and I guess kinda in the background playing Thriller with the band for the whole thing as well, but you can't see that......)
HA i beat the system by trying to view it on my phone, where I more or less managed to read all of it, and I was right - it's amazing. the ending made me giggle like a maniac
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4632 on: October 31, 2015, 08:50:13 AM »
Gwenno that's awesome!!  :)) Thank you for including me!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4633 on: October 31, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »

I thought I saw Sara in there, near the end (wearing a vest & long skirt?).
Truly outstanding work by Gwenno here!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4634 on: November 01, 2015, 05:04:55 AM »
That is seriously impressive, Gwenno!
(A minute of silence for your poor neglected responsibilities.)