Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841810 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4530 on: October 09, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

Oooh, I love the colors and design on this!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4531 on: October 09, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »
The whole world had gone mad, nightmares lurking in the darkest corners of ancient civilization and the flesh of the infected. There was only one thing to do, and Karri was up for the task ....

Fire could cleanse disease .... it could cleanse the earth ....

Perhaps it could cleanse people too ....?

~~~Let it Burn~~~

Look, I'm baaaaAAAAck, and with more twisted Burton shenanigans! This time of our favorite pyromaniac, so much enthusiasm! (Look the fire makes a C for "Curry", totally unintentional but still cool) Halloween has really gotten me back into the spirit of it all, and I'm gonna crank out a few more while I'm at it!

Oooooh yes I love this SO MUCH?? That expression on Karri is my aesthetic, right there 83c Also, I'm loving how fall-festive-halloween those colors of the flames are. Makes me want to go outside and burn some leaves or something :D don't worry you guys florida has no fall leaves to burn
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4532 on: October 09, 2015, 04:10:22 PM »

Oh wowwwww this is beautiful!
*hides from Curry and their fire*
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:20:59 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4533 on: October 09, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »
The whole world had gone mad, nightmares lurking in the darkest corners of ancient civilization and the flesh of the infected. There was only one thing to do, and Karri was up for the task ....

~~~Let it Burn~~~

/center]
This is amazing (✧o✧)
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4534 on: October 09, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

Ragnarok, what a cool story-for art trade - If you want to, I'd like to do that kind of trade with you, too!

Send me a PM so I can figure out how to write your 'sona. Anything special you want?

~~~Let it Burn~~~

Look, I'm baaaaAAAAck, and with more twisted Burton shenanigans! This time of our favorite pyromaniac, so much enthusiasm! (Look the fire makes a C for "Curry", totally unintentional but still cool) Halloween has really gotten me back into the spirit of it all, and I'm gonna crank out a few more while I'm at it!

GAH ALL THE FIRE YES
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4535 on: October 09, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »
YES YES all the fire indeed! Glad you liked it Curry, I forgot how interesting it is to do these!

Extra, in case anyone was wondering what could have been, I thought I'd scan the concept sketches for Haiz's BurtonSSSSona, because the strangeness made me giggle while I was looking back through my sketchbook  ;D

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4536 on: October 09, 2015, 06:30:19 PM »
KauniitaUnia - Once again I thank inktober for giving artists the drive to do and post more art ^_^ Haha, I actually really like the ferns in this one, and effect of the feet in the water

So do I, so do I. I love October for several reasons, but inktober plays a big part in it. And thank you! I'm happy that the water effect worked ^^

Thank you :) I made a revised version where I threw in some extra pictures at the end because I suddenly remembered some drawings that absolutely had to go in there (Starfallz' Sigrun and Laufey together, among them) and added credits because credits were due. (revised version here)

I really like Hannah as Fossegrimen. And the music you and Haiz are making should be something wondrous indeed.

Oooooo, it's looking great! And thank you~ I agree, the music is probably pretty amazing. I mean magical creatures = magical music, right?
And the violins better be magic too to survive all the water damage
EDIT: how did I miss this
I'm still more than happy to draw more people if they'd like me to
I'd love it if you could draw Hanna! Pleeeease?

~~~Let it Burn~~~

!!!!!!!!!!
The burton 'sonas are BACK yesss
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:50:36 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #4537 on: October 09, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »
*scrabbling for art pieces*
WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THIS GREAT ART?
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4538 on: October 09, 2015, 07:58:49 PM »
oh dang
blanket compliments to allllll

Unlos: that's an amazing lauftroll tribute!! it's kind of embarassing how much of the art is made by me hahahaha

Gwenno: aaaaaahhhhhhh so many cool drawings and creatures!

Ragnarok: I... don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think you know what inktober means^^" it's an ink drawing challenge, having nothing to do with halloween.
also a teeeeny correction on your avatar text - "the draugen" is reduntant, because the -en ending is what norwegians use as "the". Saying 'the draug' will be more correct ^______^

Trinka: that is AMAZING and EEEEEE BURTONIFIED HAIZ SKETCHES
(also i don't wanna sound mean or anything, but you're kinda misgendering Curry on your tumblr post of the art trade, and you don't have asks activated so I gotta tell you here, sorry! I just really wanna reblog it but I'd hope you could fix that first ^__^")

i drew on the plane again so here's more swamp haiz

what a loser
you'll know where to find me.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4539 on: October 09, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »
Ooops. Assumed inktober was what we were calling halloween stuff....
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #4540 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »

Kahli as a faun ^_^
I feel fauns are well known enough that I don't need an explanation, but Kahli can explain a bit herself if she'd like to add anything (also I'm such a mythology nerd, so just because I think it may be well known doesn't mean that it is)

AAAAAAAAAA!!!! I LOVE IT! Thank you!!!  ;D Halloween is indeed the best.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4541 on: October 10, 2015, 02:21:44 AM »
oh dang
blanket compliments to allllll

Unlos: that's an amazing lauftroll tribute!! it's kind of embarassing how much of the art is made by me hahahaha

Ragnarok: I... don't want to rain on your parade, but I don't think you know what inktober means^^" it's an ink drawing challenge, having nothing to do with halloween.
also a teeeeny correction on your avatar text - "the draugen" is reduntant, because the -en ending is what norwegians use as "the". Saying 'the draug' will be more correct ^______^

Trinka: that is AMAZING and EEEEEE BURTONIFIED HAIZ SKETCHES
(also i don't wanna sound mean or anything, but you're kinda misgendering Curry on your tumblr post of the art trade, and you don't have asks activated so I gotta tell you here, sorry! I just really wanna reblog it but I'd hope you could fix that first ^__^")

what a loser

OHGODYOU'RERIGHTI'MSOSORRY

*fixed it*

And yay for swamp Haiz!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4542 on: October 10, 2015, 02:28:03 AM »
now that I got that snafu all taken care of

I had to do an Inktober drawing for today, and since Burton Karri doesn't count because I used watercolors on it, thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and contribute to the Halloween prompt! So here's Mimmi looking all sppooooOOOooky as a stereotypical Halloween witch, because I am a sucker for adorable mischievous magic users.

And cute hats. Also a sucker for hats.

what even are consistent art styles?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4543 on: October 10, 2015, 04:43:54 AM »
I'll post this here, too, since it's my attempt at Burtonyfying a ssssona for Huntras birthday:

Trinka, Halloween Mimmi is super adorable as always.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4544 on: October 10, 2015, 10:25:05 AM »
Ahahahahahaha, I'm glad you like them, because I have about 23 more design ideas that I really really want to make. I just really like halloween ok

Also, I love the creatures you've chosen!! They all have such cool backstories and I can't help but be reminded of the pale man for Para and yesssss I'm such a sucker for water-related spooky ::) Good stuff!!! :D
Please do :P there's plenty of time until Halloween and more designs are always welcome ^_^
Haha, I can only take credit for choosing Ragnarok's creature, the others were all requested by their owners, but I think they were pretty cool requests to draw :3

Look, I'm baaaaAAAAck, and with more twisted Burton shenanigans! This time of our favorite pyromaniac, so much enthusiasm! (Look the fire makes a C for "Curry", totally unintentional but still cool) Halloween has really gotten me back into the spirit of it all, and I'm gonna crank out a few more while I'm at it![/center]
Oh. Wow.
That's beautiful. And perfect.
It's pretty amazing stuff to be honest and I will never tire of seeing these Burtons :o
Halloween has really gotten me back into the spirit of it all, and I'm gonna crank out a few more while I'm at it!
Sooooooo, does that mean that you may be feeling up for a trade? I see you've already got your own Halloween outfit sorted (and might I add, it is quite adorable at that ^_^ ), but I can draw you a regular pic once October (and this ridiculous art-load I'm imposing on myself) is over. I would dearly love to have a Burton style drawing!

This will now become my inktober avatar.
eeeeeek *.* no one has ever used any of my pictures as an avatar before >"< I'm so happy that you like it, and I guess it's my fault for the incorrect Norwegian  :-\ sorry 'bout that. I blame the internet!!!!
Diolchdiolchdiolch (etc), Gwenno!
Ffantasteg!
Ardderchog!
Adjectives!
But seriously, thanks- any sketches mean a lot to me for obvious reasons, but this one is very, very cool.
(Can anyone tell I rewatched Pan's Labyrinth recently?)
The other sketches are grêt too, especially the faun.
We need more spooks, I'd say draw all of them. Those designs are brilliant, though!

The Tenome is the actual inspiration for that creepy utterly terrifying thing. I rewatched Pan's Labyrinth recently, which reminded me of the Pale Man, reminding me of the Tenome, which reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth... Etc.

Also, blanket post to say that everyone's Halloween creations are great and extremely sp00ky.. Maybe we need an Infodump section to house them all for posterity?
Diolch yn fawr  ;D I'm so glad you like it and it was such fun to draw! What a great idea for a spooky thing ^_^
I totally agree with getting some kind of Halloween info dump put together. Having all the pictures in one place would be really handy for me for *reasons*
Thank you :) I made a revised version where I threw in some extra pictures at the end because I suddenly remembered some drawings that absolutely had to go in there (Starfallz' Sigrun and Laufey together, among them) and added credits because credits were due. (revised version here)

Gwennoo, I love your mythological ssssonas, and Brrrr, the Tenome is scary. Nice to learn the inspiration for that thing in Pans Labyrinth!
Haha, I thought the first one was great, but it's nice to see a few more pictures added in, especially that Sigrun one :P
Also thank you ^_^ and yeah, I'm going to freak myself out so much continuing to do this.....

EDIT: how did I miss this I'd love it if you could draw Hanna! Pleeeease?
Haha, okay then :P I'll pop that one in with the next batch of Halloween designs :3

what a loser
Thank you ^_^
These comics are things of beauty. The antics of swamp Haiz are great and always get a laugh out of me ^_^ I really hope that October will result in plenty more of them  ;D that glamour tho, I could definitely do with some of that first thing in the morning.....
AAAAAAAAAA!!!! I LOVE IT! Thank you!!!  ;D Halloween is indeed the best.
It is the most best of things ever! I'm so glad you like it ^_^
I'll post this here, too, since it's my attempt at Burtonyfying a ssssona for Huntras birthday:

MOAR BURTON YISSSSSSSSS! ashagaghahdhasdljasdkfjasodindsadf......Wait, what now? I'm supposed to respond with coherent answers to cool artz? Pah, well that's no fun. What a great picture, it's totally creepy and weird and I love it ^_^
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:28:30 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc