Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842865 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4410 on: October 02, 2015, 04:55:06 AM »
It's October 1st, guys, and you know, I figured it was HIGH TIME we had another sona prompt ;3c It's time to get

Oooh, I love it!
Would anyone be willing to do this as an art trade with me? Because when it comes to drawing my own ssssona I kinda always loose patience and really don't come up with how to do it whereas drawing other people is fun!!

Example of the different kind of effort I manage to put in under the spoiler.
I was planning to wait until Sunday with publishing the second one (Trinka, don't click the spoiler until Sunday. Be warned. My self-control is baad, how is yours?)
Own ssssona at a the anniversary party, and then Mimmi at a party because she can do glam too.

EDIT: Removed the spoiler. Yes it was the birthday card :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:13:13 PM by Unlos »

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #4411 on: October 02, 2015, 05:03:17 AM »
I don't know about art trades personally (especially after dropping some writing (not trades but requests that i offered) way back). But this reminded me, I have been meaning to design mage!Ilmari and why not around Halloween? That said, either need to get out of a writing funk or greatly improve my drawing NOW. And study Finnish traditional clothing/mage apparel....
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4412 on: October 02, 2015, 06:33:57 AM »
The month-long October prompt is to make your SSSSona into a SUPER SPOOKY SONA that SCREAMS HALLOWEEN!! (Spooky spans the entire range from "Oh, they're a really shy ghost, how cute!" to right before "Wow, that's genuinely horrifying, and I'm going to have nightmares tonight!" so don't feel a need to horror it up if that's not your style! Halloween does not always equal horror :)))
*Still can't draw. Looks at Von. Sees her frowning and pointing Pratchett's I Shall Wear Midnight* Yeah. You're not very enthusiastic for that kind of thing, isn't it ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4413 on: October 02, 2015, 10:33:17 AM »
Since I'm not (and never will be) able to draw anything properly, I'll leave this sooper sp00key Halloween prompt here.

(Please, someone, anyone, do something based on this)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 01:00:04 PM by Para »

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4414 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:48 PM »
Oooh, I love it!
Would anyone be willing to do this as an art trade with me? Because when it comes to drawing my own ssssona I kinda always loose patience and really don't come up with how to do it whereas drawing other people is fun!!

Example of the different kind of effort I manage to put in under the spoiler.
I was planning to wait until Sunday with publishing the second one (Trinka, don't click the spoiler until Sunday. Be warned. My self-control is baad, how is yours?)
Spoiler: show
Own ssssona at a the anniversary party, and then Mimmi at a party because she can do glam too.

I CAN BE GOOD I SWEAR!
*vibrates with anticipation*
(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Is it for my birthday, ohmygoodnessit'sformybirthdayisn'tit?

On that note: Halloween is awesome and everything about it is made of MAGIC! I can totally see Mimmi, being the history dork that she is, insisting on celebrating this archaic holiday of her American people in any arbitrary way she could think of. Like dressing up in a witch costume she could put together out of bits and baubles she had lying around, and haughtily informing anyone who asks about it from her disjointed knowledge of the archaic holiday.

ALSO: for anyone who I have an art trade coming to, want to PM me with a certain Halloween design you want for your character? And now I feel super motivated to get the Tim Burton SSSSonas done in spirit of the season!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4415 on: October 02, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »
It's October 1st, guys, and you know, I figured it was HIGH TIME we had another sona prompt ;3c It's time to get

YES YES YES this is a great idea! I would love to take part if I have the time but the best part will probably be seeing other people's 'sonas ngl

spooky scary skeletons
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4416 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
*rubs hands together* yesssss good I'm pleased with all this Halloween spirit. gooooooooood >:3c

Alright, so we've got HtTYD concept art style art trade for Curry! :D

AAAAAAAAA I DIDN'T SEE THIS THIS IS THE CUTEST?? OH MY GOSH I HAVE A FRIEND OVER AND I SqUEAKED THIS IS SO CUTE ___(:'3/L)_______
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4417 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:23 PM »
I don't know about art trades personally (especially after dropping some writing (not trades but requests that i offered) way back). But this reminded me, I have been meaning to design mage!Ilmari and why not around Halloween? That said, either need to get out of a writing funk or greatly improve my drawing NOW. And study Finnish traditional clothing/mage apparel....
Go for iit! If you want to try an art trade as well, just PM me :-)

*Still can't draw. Looks at Von. Sees her frowning and pointing Pratchett's I Shall Wear Midnight* Yeah. You're not very enthusiastic for that kind of thing, isn't it ?

..Does this mean you want Von all dressed up in witches midnight like ms Aching at the end of the book? Because I can always be bribed by squirrel cookies  ;)
Viola, I forgot to comment on your really cool HrTYD version of Karri, they look so great! (Both Karri and the rest of your HtTYD series)

I CAN BE GOOD I SWEAR!
*vibrates with anticipation*
(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Is it for my birthday, ohmygoodnessit'sformybirthdayisn'tit?

On that note: Halloween is awesome and everything about it is made of MAGIC! I can totally see Mimmi, being the history dork that she is, insisting on celebrating this archaic holiday of her American people in any arbitrary way she could think of. Like dressing up in a witch costume she could put together out of bits and baubles she had lying around, and haughtily informing anyone who asks about it from her disjointed knowledge of the archaic holiday.

ALSO: for anyone who I have an art trade coming to, want to PM me with a certain Halloween design you want for your character? And now I feel super motivated to get the Tim Burton SSSSonas done in spirit of the season!

Maayyybe..
And are you open to new trades, or is your plate full? Because I'd love to do a trade with you! Birthday gifts does not count!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4418 on: October 02, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
did someone say ?

*slithers out of the bog*

hello

oh and. this thing.
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4419 on: October 02, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4420 on: October 02, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

hello

holy CRAP THAT'S TERRIFYING EXCUSE ME WHILE I HIDE UNDER THE BLANKETS FOR ETERNITY

I'll have you know that I just made a noise like a dying pig and now the cat is looking at me funny. I hope you're happy. I also hope I didn't accidentally insult Blorp's mother or anything.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4421 on: October 02, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »
Maayyybe..
And are you open to new trades, or is your plate full? Because I'd love to do a trade with you! Birthday gifts does not count!

Unlos, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I already have a Burtonified SSSSona coming to you, or am I just super spacy and forgetting what trades I've gotten done ?

If not I can totally add you to the list of arts
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4422 on: October 02, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »
In the spirit of Curry's SPOOKY!!!! prompt, I have a favor to ask:

Would someone like to do a sketch of my villain!SSSSona, Evil Sara Hallander?  She rules the Alternaverse Thread with an iron fist in a (well-tailored) kid glove, starting here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg56902#msg56902
...and here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg56419#msg56419
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg56473#msg56473
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg61697#msg61697

I'm afraid my art skills top off at "Hangman" level, so I can't return the favor in kind.  But I can... um... write you a runo or a little fictionette featuring your self-insert, or something.  Words, words, words....

(I'm secretly drawn to all the marvelous but oh-so-horrible Tim Burtonesque drawings.  I picture my 'SSSSona as a combination of Aunts Spiker and Sponge from the movie "James and the Giant Peach," only even more ladylike, because she is nothing if not sugarcoated.  Kind of Dolores Umbridge minus the kittycat fixation.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:44:12 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #4423 on: October 02, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
@Trinka: Ok so Ilmari will have no clue what Mimmi is talking about but he'd probably be all for Halloween. Give him food and a mask and he'll help out. Somehow. :J
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4424 on: October 02, 2015, 07:32:41 PM »
In the spirit of Curry's SPOOKY!!!! prompt, I have a favor to ask:

Would someone like to do a sketch of my villain!SSSSona, Evil Sara Hallander?  She rules the Alternaverse Thread with an iron fist in a (well-tailored) kid glove, starting here: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=359.msg56902#msg56902

I'm afraid my art skills top off at "Hangman" level, so I can't return the favor in kind.  But I can... um... write you a runo or a little fictionette featuring your self-insert, or something.  Words, words, words....

(I'm secretly drawn to all the marvelous but oh-so-horrible Tim Burtonesque drawings.  I picture my 'SSSSona as a combination of Aunts Spiker and Sponge from the movie "James and the Giant Peach," only even more ladylike, because she is nothing if not sugarcoated.  Kind of Dolores Umbridge minus the kittycat fixation.)

OH YES INDEED
OH HO HO

I believe you are already on my list of Burtons to do, so don't you worry your pretty little head about it

@Trinka: Ok so Ilmari will have no clue what Mimmi is talking about but he'd probably be all for Halloween. Give him food and a mask and he'll help out. Somehow. :J

YES JOIN MY RANKS, WE WILL SHOUT WEIRD GIBBERISH ENGLISH PHRASES AT UNSUSPECTING VICTIMS AND DEMAND FOOD FROM THEM