Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841478 times)

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4230 on: September 18, 2015, 09:58:17 PM »
*need to draw cute ssssonas rising*

Welcome, amaranthineamusement and Ari! :D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4231 on: September 18, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
I drew the cute new SSSSonas! Not letting my self-insert to-draw list get as long as it did last time

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4232 on: September 18, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »
Welcome to our new members!
Feel free to browse around and post wherever.
seriously post in some of these. I think I might be a thread killer: so many have me as the last poster...
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4233 on: September 18, 2015, 11:17:36 PM »
I drew the cute new SSSSonas! Not letting my self-insert to-draw list get as long as it did last time

Aw, cute!

Welcome to our new members!
Feel free to browse around and post wherever.
seriously post in some of these. I think I might be a thread killer: so many have me as the last poster...

Trust me, I'll be all over.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4234 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:04 PM »
Trust me, I'll be all over.

Good, I have some Cool Stuff planned for Halloween/October ;3c
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4235 on: September 19, 2015, 12:05:05 AM »
Good, I have some Cool Stuff planned for Halloween/October ;3c

Halloween, you say!? I'm listening.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4236 on: September 19, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »
Halloween, you say!? I'm listening.

You'll find out in about ten days or so. I'm not ready to give up my title of 'Sona Trendsetter just yet ;3c
YEET

eyjafjallajoke

« Reply #4237 on: September 19, 2015, 07:57:20 AM »
You'll find out in about ten days or so. I'm not ready to give up my title of 'Sona Trendsetter just yet ;3c

I will be looking forward to it.

I love Halloween. Very much. ;v;

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4238 on: September 19, 2015, 08:52:49 AM »

Thanks!
Also, I colored, but not a separate drawing, as I am lazy and I have to make up algebra work. Might change that blue around later, but it's okay for now. His eyes are brown, also.

Oh~ I really like his design :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4239 on: September 19, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
It looks like it's time for me to stop dithering and post my self-insert, since everyone's doing it. : D

Name: Josef "Jo" Jansson
Nationality: ……..Swedish
Area of birth: ……..Mora
Immunity: ……..Yes
Profession: ……..Medic, Skald
Languages: :sweden: :iceland:
Old World languages (reading only): :uk:

Qualification details:
-Fully trained in field medicine and related areas.
-Has standard skald training, as well as decent skill at estimating monetary value of books and other Old World artifacts.
-Can handle and operate standard firearms; taught by family. Average shot.

Other:
-Well-educated, and comes from a well-off, well-connected family. Is not above using his family's connections and money to further his own interests.
-Entered into medical training with an eye toward the military, claiming he wanted to make himself useful, though primary motivation was to get away from his overbearing relatives.
-After an incident in his mid 20s, he abruptly changed career paths, and continues to blame himself for what happened.
-Has a personal passion for the history and literature of the Old World, and dreams of the prospect of recovering lost literary works.
-Insists on being referred to by his nickname, 'Jo'. He's very firm on this particular matter.
-Generally acts formal and reserved due to a desire to have others take him seriously. Underneath, he is dreamy, thoughtful, and compassionate.
-Has a vivid, overactive imagination, and is more open to the idea of magic and gods than the average Swede. But he keeps this to himself (mostly).

Character song: Euroband - This is my life
---

I will of course be putting him in the expedition; it seems right up his alley (heck, knowing him, he'd want to contribute funds in addition to skill) But I can't decide where to put him. It seems like he has skills that would equally benefit groups 3 and 4. What do you guys suggest? Group 4 it is, thank you Curry!

---
And since it was Laufey who nudged me in this direction, I decided to draw our characters together! ... Oh dear. Don't look behind you to find out what that weird noise is, just run!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:19:33 PM by Yuuago »
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4240 on: September 19, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
And since it was Laufey who nudged me in this direction, I decided to draw our characters together! ... Oh dear. Don't look behind you to find out what that weird noise is, just run!

AAAAAAH THIS IS SO BRILLIANT. Your character's awesome too and this picture - ohh yes. Your ssssona is one step (or one quick move) away from being labeled as "food". Good thing that the Lauftroll doesn't see that well... :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4241 on: September 19, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »
AAAAAAH THIS IS SO BRILLIANT. Your character's awesome too and this picture - ohh yes. Your ssssona is one step (or one quick move) away from being labeled as "food". Good thing that the Lauftroll doesn't see that well... :D

You replied just as I was messaging you, what a ninja.
FFFf yeah he's probably as good as eaten. And it looks like Lauftroll got to someone else first. This mission is a disaster.

DID YOU KNOW I find your ssssona incredibly fun to draw? I've never drawn any kind of monster in my life and then suddenly it was like... is this what drawing gross ugly things is like, oh my gods I love drawings trolls, help!
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4242 on: September 19, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »
You replied just as I was messaging you, what a ninja.
FFFf yeah he's probably as good as eaten. And it looks like Lauftroll got to someone else first. This mission is a disaster.

DID YOU KNOW I find your ssssona incredibly fun to draw? I've never drawn any kind of monster in my life and then suddenly it was like... is this what drawing gross ugly things is like, oh my gods I love drawings trolls, help!

*proud ninja moment* I'm good at sneaking up on people and surprise attacks, yes.

And isn't it seriously fun to draw trolls?! I know the feeling so well! I had the best time of my life when I was first designing the Lauf and every time I draw it it's just... so relaxing. I don't even know why. Anyway, somehow hearing that it's also fun for others to draw the Lauf makes me really happy! :-*
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4243 on: September 19, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »
It looks like it's time for me to stop dithering and post my self-insert, since everyone's doing it. : D

[sneep snop!]

You've been added to both the infodump and group 4 in the organization thread! :D They're surprisingly light on medics for a group full of medics and mechanics >_> Welcome to the squad!
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4244 on: September 19, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »

Oooooh! So much pretty colouring! You are very good with pencil crayons. Welcome to the self insert world!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help