Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842363 times)

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4140 on: September 06, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Finished my art trade with daiseerose! (Finally).

Spoiler: With Background • show
It's a beach because she's Danish, and whenever I think of Denmark, I just think of beaches. This one has a lot of rocks and shells in it because the only beaches I've been to in Denmark had tons of rocks and shells >_>

Spoiler: Without Background • show

The bag is a bag of medical supplies since I figured it'd fit with the whole "organized and a medic" parts from the Bio. (:

daiseerose

« Reply #4141 on: September 06, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
Finished my art trade with daiseerose! (Finally).

Spoiler: With Background • show
It's a beach because she's Danish, and whenever I think of Denmark, I just think of beaches. This one has a lot of rocks and shells in it because the only beaches I've been to in Denmark had tons of rocks and shells >_>

Spoiler: Without Background • show

The bag is a bag of medical supplies since I figured it'd fit with the whole "organized and a medic" parts from the Bio. (:

!!!!!! This is so awesome!! Thank you!!! :D

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4142 on: September 06, 2015, 12:13:17 PM »
//shows up super late with a party hat

guess Karri didn't get the memo that this was a Proper Event after all

I would have done more rendering with the colors, but this paper was not meant for watercolors in any way at all, and I could feel it starting to rip on me >_>
YEET

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4143 on: September 06, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »

guess Karri didn't get the memo that this was a Proper Event after all

I would have done more rendering with the colors, but this paper was not meant for watercolors in any way at all, and I could feel it starting to rip on me >_>
Oooh, you said you were working on something with inks and it looks great!
The outfit's very, uh...
70s sci-fi?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4144 on: September 06, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
Wavewright, that is hilarious (did anyone see her? She seems to find dancing almost blackmail-material worthy...) Piney, Daea, your ssssonas look so sweet and wonderfully happy to have arrived at the party!
Karri confirmed as the fab cousin. They look like a rock star who skipped their show just to attend the party. Very impressive work with the watercolors, especially considering the paper did not cooperate! (Did you paint around those tiny shiny spots? They are awesome)
Darkrawen, I like your version of Klarissa. The people in your drawings strikes me as really pretty.
Haiz, can I just shower your work in appreciative sparkles? I'm out of words :-)

Take your break, I think you've earned it, and art is always better when you're doing it for fun ^_^
Digital actually is getting easier, this one took maybe 2 hours? Last time I did a similar picture it was easily 3-4 so yayyyyy practice  ;D
Wait, bunad police  :o why has nobody warned me about this before *quickly checks the windows and doors*

Thank you, Gwenno! Don't worry, I draw exactly how much I want to and no more. When drawing starts to feel like a chore, I take a break, which is why the parkour trend came to a sudden stop this summer. I had gotten as far as Elrew, but then work started and it's been on the shelf since. I had forgotten about it until now, but I don't think I'll color this one.
So here's Elisabeth (Elrew), Kjeks and Antillanka. Kjeks is a beast tamer but after poor spider-dog her newly trained beast is a more old-fashioned one. If Hannu can do it, so can Kjeks! Antillanka is doing mystical mechanical stuff.

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4145 on: September 06, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
How to have a good end of evening :D <3 Thank Haiz !
I'm glad you like it!

Haiz, can I just shower your work in appreciative sparkles? I'm out of words :-)
why yes of course i love sparkles
seriously though, thank you!!
also
your art
is so cool
and has improved so much
i'm almost a little sad my sona was among the first you drew
almost

Sometimes news takes a wee while to reach some of the most obscure outposts...

fabulous

YOOOOOOO i lvoe thsi
the eccentric but totally badass outfit
the party hat
the expressionnn
also i'm aware that they're holding a tooty thing but it also kinda looks like the tooth brush

+ shoutouts to Piney and DarkRawen for cool artz
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4146 on: September 06, 2015, 04:51:15 PM »
Karri confirmed as the fab cousin. They look like a rock star who skipped their show just to attend the party. Very impressive work with the watercolors, especially considering the paper did not cooperate! (Did you paint around those tiny shiny spots? They are awesome)

Thank you! :D I did paint around most of them, but touched them up with a white gel pen because my trash paper ended up bleeding into where I hadn't painted >:I Life advice: don't do watercolors on superthin sketchbook paper, You Shall Regret It

YOOOOOOO i lvoe thsi
the eccentric but totally badass outfit
the party hat
the expressionnn
also i'm aware that they're holding a tooty thing but it also kinda looks like the tooth brush
NOOT NOOT -karri, probably
Thank you though!! i love drawing this outfit so much (it's a fusion design) and i also needed to draw a karri so BAM IT'S KARRI IN CORAL'S CLOTHES

Can that also be a meme?? Clothesswap? Something along those lines??
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4147 on: September 06, 2015, 05:16:22 PM »
also
your art
is so cool
and has improved so much
i'm almost a little sad my sona was among the first you drew
almost

Thank you :) On that note, I'll need to quote myself:

(Snip) the style has changed quite a lot, so a here's everyone in a consistent style I don't think I will ever reach. It will be more like 'Now I've drawn mostly everyone, but I need to redraw that one- and that one- and..:

Just sayin.

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4148 on: September 06, 2015, 05:37:22 PM »
*arrives late to the party with starbucks* It's fashionable to be late... right?
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4149 on: September 06, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
So here's Elisabeth (Elrew), Kjeks and Antillanka. Kjeks is a beast tamer but after poor spider-dog her newly trained beast is a more old-fashioned one. If Hannu can do it, so can Kjeks! Antillanka is doing mystical mechanical stuff.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK :D :D :D :D !!!!! LIS LOOKS AWESOME!!! THANK YOU UNLOS!! (Elrew and Kjeks look amazing too :D)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4150 on: September 06, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »
Psssssssst Unlos can I has one?
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4151 on: September 06, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
Ooh, so much pretty art! (✧o✧)

*arrives late to the party with starbucks* It's fashionable to be late... right?

Yes, yes it is
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4152 on: September 07, 2015, 12:56:30 AM »
Wavewright, that is hilarious (did anyone see her? She seems to find dancing almost blackmail-material worthy...) Piney, Daea, your ssssonas look so sweet and wonderfully happy to have arrived at the party!
Darkrawen, I like your version of Klarissa. The people in your drawings strikes me as really pretty.

Thank you, Gwenno! Don't worry, I draw exactly how much I want to and no more. When drawing starts to feel like a chore, I take a break, which is why the parkour trend came to a sudden stop this summer. I had gotten as far as Elrew, but then work started and it's been on the shelf since. I had forgotten about it until now, but I don't think I'll color this one.

EEEE Thank you, I really DO like it! :). So sad I cannot draw recognizeble features to do a dump drawing with all the OCs.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4153 on: September 07, 2015, 05:59:04 AM »
Psssssssst Unlos can I has one?

Yes you can has one, you only have to ask! (That goes for anyone who wants me to draw their ssssona. If you have a reference pic you want me to draw from -finding and choosing one is sometimes the most time-consuming part- just PM me! I'm actually super duper flattered by requests)

Reference pic. Dat tree.

Authoroflight, ooh that's a very pretty dress! I want that one for my next party!
Antillanka and Kjeks, you're welcome! I'm so happy that you like them :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:16:15 AM by Unlos »

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4154 on: September 07, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
Yes you can has one, you only have to ask! (That goes for anyone who wants me to draw their ssssona. If you have a reference pic you want me to draw from -finding and choosing one is sometimes the most time-consuming part- just PM me! I'm actually super duper flattered by requests)

Reference pic. Dat tree.

Ooooh it's so pretty!!!!! *jumps up and down* thank youuuuuuuuu! I will make you a thing as well!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help