Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841360 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4125 on: September 05, 2015, 01:11:06 AM »

This is so cute! I espescially like her eyes for some reason.

Very classy, Gwenno. Is that your plus one? ;)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4126 on: September 05, 2015, 04:36:02 AM »
These are both amazing! I love how varied you can make the positions of the characters, and how loose and fluid your art style is and also how do you draw hands so well HOW

Thank you! These are all done with reference photos where I paid special attention to the hands instead of going eh, they are here somewhere, and I'm pretty pleased with them myself :-)

Thank you very much, the mossy tree roots are my favourite as well ^_^
Are you re-starting the "Maybe I should draw everyone, how hard can it be" thing again? I think these new pictures are pretty great, they're different from the other ones, but you get to appreciate the lineart more here, and you get to see that the anatomy in more detail (hands, for one, they're such tricky things!)
(snp)

N-no, but I might have a "how many ssssonas will I manage to draw this week" thing going on, as I'm using up my last bit of vacation for a breather home alone. During the past months I have managed to draw 50 of the ssssonas full body (counting the art-trades), and eight headshots. Theoretically, only 30 people left disregarding any newcomers (And danskjavler doesn't have a description of what he looks like at all, so that one is a bit tricky). But as you say, the style has changed quite a lot, so a here's everyone in a consistent style I don't think I will ever reach. It will be more like 'Now I've drawn mostly everyone, but I need to redraw that one- and that one- and..:

You seem to be getting more comfortable using digital techniques, too? I like your partygoing Gwenno! And the bunad is lovely, no apologies needed (The bunad police might get you, though. They are a thing)

Haiz: Yay, the archer seal of approval!

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4127 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »
a boring but honest blanket *___*  to everyone!! especially that archery pic. dang.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS but i finally have an art trade to show!
heyo, AquaAurion! sorry for the long wait!

OHMYGOSH!!! She looks so cute thank you!!! ;w;
Getting her hair tangled in the scrolls (and pretty much everything) is definitely canon ^^ I'm really happy that you drew her eyes droopy, because they're supposed to be, but they never turn out like I want ^^'
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:35:42 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4128 on: September 05, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
OHMYGOSH!!! She looks so cute thank you!!! ;w;
Getting her hair tangled in the scrolls (and pretty much everything) is definitely canon ^^ I'm really happy that you drew her eyes droopy, because they're supposed to be, but they never turn out like I want ^^'
eeee I'm glad you like it, and that I didn't do a total miss with her character! :D

also thank you everyone else who commented! I tried to make her expression more distressed at first, a little "i JUST picked up all these things and what do I see? another hoard of scrolls."

oooh, nice! very Gwenno, but I also like how the hair looks very Norwegian Fairytale Princess, too!

Haiz: Yay, the archer seal of approval!
why of course. it's nice to see someone using references for a correct pose :3

also still apology for all the art trades going so slow!!! you are not neglected
you'll know where to find me.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4129 on: September 05, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
*Mimmi saunters in fashionably late to the 1st anniversary party*

This took a while to do; I'm trying to get more and more familiar with the Adobe Illustrator program. I feel like every time a do a new piece, I learn about so many different tools you can use on it!

*Legit wishes she had an outfit as cute as this*
#projecting your dreams onto your SSSSona

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:09:32 PM by Trinka »
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4130 on: September 05, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »

This took a while to do; I'm trying to get more and more familiar with the Adobe Illustrator program. I feel like every time a do a new piece, I learn about so many different tools you can use on it!

Oh, she's so cute! She looks like the heroine out of a children's book :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:15:19 AM by Unlos »

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4131 on: September 05, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
Everyone here is looking so cute!!

Día doesn't know how to dress properly for these occasions...
And just because she CAN'T dance, doesn't mean she WON'T dance. ::)

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4132 on: September 05, 2015, 05:19:06 PM »

sO i hEAr yOu haVE a ParTy

*falls to the ground in awe clutching the screen*
Oh my yes.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4133 on: September 05, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »
Everyone here is looking so cute!!

It's all good. Dia looks fine to me, she's wearing the most appropriate accessory, after all - her smile.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4134 on: September 05, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
such pretty outfits, Daéa and Trinka!

I have a little drawing for Mélusine ^__^
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4135 on: September 05, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »
I have a little drawing for Mélusine ^__^
How to have a good end of evening :D <3 Thank Haiz !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
Re: Announcement
« Reply #4136 on: September 05, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »
New 'Sona Prompt: PARTY/GALA!!

Break out the party hats, cake, confetti, shenanigans, gowns, suits, whatever screams party when you see it :D If you can draw, DRAW! If you can write, WRITE! If you can party (AND I KNOW YOU CAN), PARTY!

So sorry about the short notice, but the best parties go on for days, soooo ;)

Sometimes news takes a wee while to reach some of the most obscure outposts...

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4137 on: September 05, 2015, 08:11:28 PM »

Name: Airi Viiding
Nationality: Finnish-Estonian
Area of birth: Saimaa
Immunity: Yes
Profession: Civilian herbalist
Languages: :estonia: :finland: and a tiny bit of :sweden:

<snip> Her family used to own some Old World books, as well as the memoirs of her seafaring great-grandfather, but those were all sold to a traveling danishman when she’d been a little girl.

<snip>

I wonder if we will ever run across said traveling Dane in our travels, hmmm? 
Actually, no, I assume this wouldn't be Mikkel, else he'd be able to understand Finnish.  Still, it is enticing.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4138 on: September 06, 2015, 02:43:56 AM »
Welp, I'm late to the party (ha), but here I am with my contribution to the prompt:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4139 on: September 06, 2015, 06:01:30 AM »
Very classy, Gwenno. Is that your plus one? ;)
What can I say, for some people classiness comes naturally, (see, there isn't even troll blood on the clothes!) and why yes, a most excellent plus one, he may be a bit on the lethargic side these days, but he never complains about my terrible jokes, and he'll make a great seat for a few days yet before the stink gets too bad :P

N-no, but I might have a "how many ssssonas will I manage to draw this week" thing going on, as I'm using up my last bit of vacation for a breather home alone. During the past months I have managed to draw 50 of the ssssonas full body (counting the art-trades), and eight headshots.

You seem to be getting more comfortable using digital techniques, too? I like your partygoing Gwenno! And the bunad is lovely, no apologies needed (The bunad police might get you, though. They are a thing)
Take your break, I think you've earned it, and art is always better when you're doing it for fun ^_^
Digital actually is getting easier, this one took maybe 2 hours? Last time I did a similar picture it was easily 3-4 so yayyyyy practice  ;D
Wait, bunad police  :o why has nobody warned me about this before *quickly checks the windows and doors*

oooh, nice! very Gwenno, but I also like how the hair looks very Norwegian Fairytale Princess, too!
Thanks, but actually, that's just what it looks like when I don't braid it (maybe a tad darker depending on the lighting) >"< it ridiculously long, and I still have a problem with old ladies coming up and petting it randomly (one of the reasons why it's so often tied up). I kinda get it when I was little, but now it's getting a little bit strange......

For reference my mum decided to take a picture of my hair at graduation without me noticing   ???
Spoiler: show

Hah wow, I swear I had a doll with an outfit when I was little (not quite that squirrel-y and adorable mind) :P I'm pretty sure the dictionary people wouldn't object to putting this next to the word "adorable" in the next edition....

Don't be silly, there's no such thing as can't dance :P Día seems to be getting into the swing of things nicely ^_^

Sometimes news takes a wee while to reach some of the most obscure outposts...

pppppht, sneaky dance is great :P

Welp, I'm late to the party (ha), but here I am with my contribution to the prompt:

Hey now, the party could never be over before Piney shows up :P We've all just been warming up in preparation for the real fun and dance to start  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc