Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841679 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3885 on: August 21, 2015, 03:03:14 PM »
Mad robin: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH THOSE ARE AMAZING HOW
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3886 on: August 21, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »
Viola: That's a very accurate HtTYD crossover-sona, super cute and perfectly Trinka-ish!

Mad robin: you're a forum treasure, I'm sure no one's going to mind waiting a bit when the result is that beautiful. The colours!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3887 on: August 21, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
Mad robin! I love all of those, your work is so pretty! The colors, the clothes, the backgrounds, everything!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3888 on: August 21, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »
I have so much to say about this. But all I'll say is: I like to think that the eye of unicorn is made of moldavite.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you'll know where to find me.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3889 on: August 21, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
Well this is going to pale in comparison to recent art, but I finally finished my art trade with Unlos. Sorry it took so long! This was the thought process: Hmmm, apples, apples. How do you get apples off the really high branches? *remembers when her brother and father decided to use a bow and arrow to get a frisbee out of a tree* Yeah, that could work. So now your sona has the impractical and silly apple picker arrow to shoot at those really high branches. ;D

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3890 on: August 21, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »
(ノ*゚▽゚*)
Despite my "death" I need to say "thank you guys! (a lot of exclamation marks)"
What an awesome feeling when people with great drawing skills appreciated your work!
(ughhh ok, I just don't know what to say, as usual)
Noodly Appendage I've answered you but  - thanks agaaain! ⌒(o^▽^o)ノ

Ana Nymus Pfffttahahahahahaha this new method is definitely the best!  ;D

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3891 on: August 21, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »
OMIGOSH it's so cute! I love how you interpreted her outfit and made it fit into the HTTYD world, it's so creative! And it still feels so Mimmi while showing some signs of Astrid sassyness, teehe! I think you did a great job on this style propt, A+ for you, I LOVE IT!  ;D

Yay! I'm so glad you like it!

Also thank you to everyone else who had super nice comments :)
I'd love to do some more of these in the future. Maybe after I move I'll take on some more art trades.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3892 on: August 21, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
Well this is going to pale in comparison to recent art, but I finally finished my art trade with Unlos. Sorry it took so long! This was the thought process: Hmmm, apples, apples. How do you get apples off the really high branches? *remembers when her brother and father decided to use a bow and arrow to get a frisbee out of a tree* Yeah, that could work. So now your sona has the impractical and silly apple picker arrow to shoot at those really high branches. ;D

most best apple picking method
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3893 on: August 22, 2015, 02:00:03 AM »
Decided to draw nine SSSSonas before I went to bed.

Left to right, from top (if you can't read my handwriting): Alethryia, Ana, Antillanka, AuthorofLight, BreezeLouise, ClairityKoi, Cliodna, Daiseerose, and DarkRawen.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #3894 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:33 AM »
Here's the (long overdue) part of my art trade with NoodlyAppendage :) Sorry about the messed up colours, but my phone is dead so I had to use my scanner. And it just. WRECKED the colours. Tried my best to fix it up, but I'll post another version once I get a working phone. Probs next week.

I'm trying to figure out this whole watercolour-thing. :v Sorry for the delay, I've been travelling a lot without being able to bring my art supplies and then I had to babysit my little brother a lot ;^;

Also there's so much cool art coming in :0
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3895 on: August 22, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »

Left to right, from top (if you can't read my handwriting): Alethryia, Ana, Antillanka, AuthorofLight, BreezeLouise, ClairityKoi, Cliodna, Daiseerose, and DarkRawen.

Yay! Thank you! Your drawing always have the best expressions on them  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3896 on: August 22, 2015, 09:29:26 AM »
Yay! Thank you! Your drawing always have the best expressions on them  ;D

Thank you! I really enjoyed drawing your hair. My art trade half is coming up soon!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3897 on: August 22, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »

My SSSSona looks so smug, it's perfect (:

Is this like, sort of an art trade? Should I draw a mini-portrait of your SSSSona?

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3898 on: August 22, 2015, 09:44:58 AM »
My SSSSona looks so smug, it's perfect (:

Is this like, sort of an art trade? Should I draw a mini-portrait of your SSSSona?

I'm glad I got him down!
Nah, I wouldn't force someone to do an art trade like that. It's part of an effort to draw all the 'sonas - I did months ago when there were fewer people. But if you want to draw a mini-portrait of my 'sona, I'm not discouraging you... :)

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #3899 on: August 22, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »

Anyway: my work is finally done! Art-trades with Noodly Appendage, Daiseerose, Haiz, Ruth and Gwenno.

Spoiler: show
You'll never be alone, Sonja. No matter you want it or not.

I have two favorite types of backgrounds: pink something or rocks of all kinds. This time - pink something and cute medic Clarissa!

I have so much to say about this. But all I'll say is: I like to think that the eye of unicorn is made of moldavite.

And two norwegians!
I don't know what Gudrun's doing. But it's obviously something more interesting than the troll hunting.

And again: I don't know what Gwenno's doing. But it's obviously related to the troll hunting somehow.

That's all.
And that's how Mad Robin died.
The end.

HOLY @%#$ THOSE ARE GORGEOUS!!!!! HOW. WHAT.

Ana, Piney &North Those are all so pretty! ;D You artist people are the best!

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: