Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841244 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3765 on: August 15, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
How lucky I am, I'll survive the rash apocalypse :P
better than me, for sure. I had to settle for Hitra as far as my self-insert is concerned...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:32:15 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3766 on: August 15, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
better than me, for sure. I had to settle for Hitra as far as my self-insert is concerned...

At least you're not in the south or east of Norway, those guys won't have a good time.

Oh, and what is this about art trades? I know what it is (barely) but I've never tried it. Is it so that one just agree with another to draw their character?

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3767 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40:16 PM »
Oh, and what is this about art trades? I know what it is (barely) but I've never tried it. Is it so that one just agree with another to draw their character?
Yup, pretty much^^ you either ask someone via PM if they want to do a trade, or you can just ask if anyone wants to do one and people will answer. I'd say I'm up for one, buuut I also have a long list of art trades I need to do, so unless you're okay with waiting for my part...
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3768 on: August 15, 2015, 12:55:14 PM »
At least you're not in the south or east of Norway, those guys won't have a good time.

I'd say that I'm also up for one, but I have five shoved to the deepest darkest corner of my mind aaand about eleven palette requests to do (golly!), so perhaps contact me another time :0

Anyways, welcome to the crew! I've added your bio to the infodump containing all the characters and information in this thread. (Very useful for art trade reference-finding and writing stories with characters already decided but a liiiittle bit intimidating to look through just for fun :P) Also, may I advise you to check out this thread (the squad signup thread)?

Have fun! B^)
YEET

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3769 on: August 15, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »
Yup, pretty much^^ you either ask someone via PM if they want to do a trade, or you can just ask if anyone wants to do one and people will answer. I'd say I'm up for one, buuut I also have a long list of art trades I need to do, so unless you're okay with waiting for my part...

Nah, if you've got a lot to do, then I'm not going to give you even more work :P

I'd say that I'm also up for one, but I have five shoved to the deepest darkest corner of my mind aaand about eleven palette requests to do (golly!), so perhaps contact me another time :0

Anyways, welcome to the crew! I've added your bio to the infodump containing all the characters and information in this thread. (Very useful for art trade reference-finding and writing stories with characters already decided but a liiiittle bit intimidating to look through just for fun :P) Also, may I advise you to check out this thread (the squad signup thread)?

Have fun! B^)

Thanks for adding me to the google-presentation. (:

As for the squad sign up thread, sure, I'll check it out, then (:

For anyone else, if someone wants to do a art trade, let me know. I'll give you some more details (like colours, build, whatever) for my character if necessary, and I'll probably give you more than just a sketch (the one of my character is just a sketch) if you want that.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3770 on: August 15, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Question regarding art trades:
Would anyone be willing to trade art for stories? Granted I'm a very slow writer but I'd like to see arts without having  to draw, since my drawing strips the sanity from those who behold it is not very good....
I'm willing! If you have something specific in mind (I remember you talked about a comic of how Arbet joined the crew), just PM me. I'm not the fastest worker these days though, as my glorius vacation is over. I want more! Right now! (Am totally working all day tomorrow, but let's not think about that right now)

Blanket wow to all the glorious new arts!!
And welcome to the squad the command, DarkRawen!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3771 on: August 15, 2015, 02:29:35 PM »
For anyone else, if someone wants to do a art trade, let me know. I'll give you some more details (like colours, build, whatever) for my character if necessary, and I'll probably give you more than just a sketch (the one of my character is just a sketch) if you want that.
OOH OOH PICK ME!
It might take a couple of weeks (I'm a bit busy right now), so if you want to do someone else's instead, that's fine.
Oh, also, welcome! Always nice to see a new face! :)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3772 on: August 15, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »
I finished my art-trade with Daéa Reina ;D

I drew exactly two of those flowery clusters. Then I remembered copy-paste and had to stop myself before the whole picture was completely overgrown..

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3773 on: August 15, 2015, 03:43:17 PM »
OOH OOH PICK ME!
It might take a couple of weeks (I'm a bit busy right now), so if you want to do someone else's instead, that's fine.
Oh, also, welcome! Always nice to see a new face! :)

Hi! And sure, I'm fine with waiting, I probably won't be able to finish a drawing today either way :P Won't take a week, but it might take a few days.

Anyways, should we take to PMs for details?

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #3774 on: August 15, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »

I drew exactly two of those flowery clusters. Then I remembered copy-paste and had to stop myself before the whole picture was completely overgrown..
Holy various deities, your art is beautiful! I especially like the face and the shading on the torso. (I may have kinda done a doubletake at the accuracy of your cloth-drawing :P)
Hi! And sure, I'm fine with waiting, I probably won't be able to finish a drawing today either way :P Won't take a week, but it might take a few days.

Anyways, should we take to PMs for details?
OK, great, just wanted to apprise you of the situation. Will send a PM.
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3775 on: August 15, 2015, 07:16:23 PM »
OK, great, just wanted to apprise you of the situation. Will send a PM.

Seems I had it in me to finish this today (:

Here's your Sonja:

The background is a very vague Iceland, sort of, I'm not good at landscapes >_>

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3776 on: August 15, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »

WOW
Look at all the details in the flowers!! And her hands! And her hair! And her clothes!! Eeek, this is so BEAUTIFUL!! *-*
Thank you so much!

(I still have to start yours D:)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3777 on: August 15, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »

Here's your Sonja:

OOOOH PRETTYYYY

Welcome! :D Do you mind if I add you to the spreadsheets?
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3778 on: August 15, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
OOOOH PRETTYYYY

Welcome! :D Do you mind if I add you to the spreadsheets?

Is that apart from the general bios? Because my PerSSSSona is already there, someone else added him earlier. If it's not that, then sure. (:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #3779 on: August 15, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »

Here's your Sonja:

ASDHKSAHASJHDSJDH
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL
AND SO FAST
I envy your skill at hands, the ones I draw always end up funny-looking. :P
(and yes I have already shouted about this in PM but I felt the need to comment here too)