Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843209 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3630 on: August 06, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »
I'm wayy to drained and unable to focus to join in on the fun right now, but I'm gonna point out that Blorptroll mainly shrieks in norwegian wovels, namely the usual ones + Æ Ø Å. I don't doubt it tries to expand its vocabulary by adding some ä's and ö's once in a while, but those are rare.
This has been your Blorptroll Fact of the Day!

What if we had a troll that screamed in czech? All consonants and such.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3631 on: August 06, 2015, 05:44:54 PM »
Trying out the drawing software on my new computer/tablet for the first time:

No one is ever going to get any sleep again... :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3632 on: August 06, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »

omg that is adorable!!!
how did czechtroll wander so far from home though

.......is it bad that I can sort of pronounce czechtrolls noise
you'll know where to find me.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3633 on: August 06, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
Trying out the drawing software on my new computer/tablet for the first time:

No one is ever going to get any sleep again... :D

This is adorable oh gosh
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3634 on: August 06, 2015, 06:29:15 PM »
.......is it bad that I can sort of pronounce czechtrolls noise

Actually when I posted it I thought to myself "watch that end up being an actual Czech word..." :P

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Villain-SSSSonas
« Reply #3635 on: August 06, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »
I've got an Altverse thread set up already. You can move the posts there anytime.

It would be very in-character for Villain!Sara to simply move all the villain-SSSSonas to the thread mentioned above:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.0

However, since being a dictator is easier when people have an illusion of choice (they kick up so much less of a fuss that way), are y'all OK with my doing so?  If any of your posts have non-villain content as well, I'll leave them here.  However, I will expect you to move your villainSSSSona material yourself to its new home.

Anticipating your *prompt* and *cheerful* compliance (or it will be remembered come Performance Review time...)

And Ragnarok, dear, I'm so appreciative of your helpfulness that I thought I'd let you know a cubicle has opened up on the main level.  You don't have to stay at your current desk in the basement if you'd rather not.

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3636 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41:25 PM »
eh, i know the alternateverse thread already exists, yeah, but part if me is saying just make  a new thread anyway

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3637 on: August 06, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
It would be very in-character for Villain!Sara to simply move all the villain-SSSSonas to the thread mentioned above:
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.0

However, since being a dictator is easier when people have an illusion of choice (they kick up so much less of a fuss that way), are y'all OK with my doing so?  If any of your posts have non-villain content as well, I'll leave them here.  However, I will expect you to move your villainSSSSona material yourself to its new home.

Anticipating your *prompt* and *cheerful* compliance (or it will be remembered come Performance Review time...)

You have my compliance. Please move all the things where ever you want

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3638 on: August 06, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »
eh, i know the alternateverse thread already exists, yeah, but part if me is saying just make  a new thread anyway

But why have a new thread when we already have one that fits so conveniently? I can move my posts myself if it would be easier.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3639 on: August 06, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
But why have a new thread when we already have one that fits so conveniently? I can move my posts myself if it would be easier.

It would only be better if any of your posts have mixed villain and non-villain content; that way, you can copy and paste only the villain content into a new post in the AU thread.  Otherwise, it's probably easier if I (as a moderator) move all the relevant posts, because I can keep their original posting time and order in the thread. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3640 on: August 06, 2015, 11:51:20 PM »
Uhhh so this may require some explaination. I was messing around with the drawing program on my computer/tablet, trying out the stylus and stuff, doing some redraws of stuff I'd done with pencil and paint. And I got to about here:

I usually listen to music while I draw. I listen to music while I do everything, and I sometimes let it influence what I draw. So there I was, starting on Lauftroll when Gordjöss by Páll Óskar comes on.

Sorry Laufey. I do think you mentioned Gordjöss being your favourite Páll Óskar, and I just couldn't get this image out of my head. Without further ado, I present to you all:
Páll Óskar Lauftroll!

(translation of the lyrics: "... gorgeous just like me!")

The song if anyone's interested

(I tried putting the song in a spoiler but it wouldn't work for some reason)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:02:00 AM by Feartheviolas »

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3641 on: August 06, 2015, 11:58:27 PM »
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3642 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:40 AM »
What art program are you using? :0

Fresh Paint. It's free on my computer. The new arrangement works well for me because I can draw directly on the screen. The watercolours are very real and it's a lot of fun to play with. I'm still figuring out how to use it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:03:18 AM by Feartheviolas »

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3643 on: August 07, 2015, 12:03:42 AM »
Wet Paint. It's free on my computer. The new arrangement works well for me because I can draw directly on the screen. The watercolours are very real and it's a lot of fun to play with. I'm still figuring out how to use it.

Ooh, I haven't heard of that, sounds interesting! It does look like it's very good at imitating traditional :0 That's cool!
YEET

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #3644 on: August 07, 2015, 01:08:23 AM »

As for scanning software it's just the stuff that came with the printer (Epson), the thing is a little over ten years old I think and crashes 3/4 times when I try to scan something colour greater than 50dpi). I've accepted I won't get the colours I want (after trying for ages with Solokov's pic) so have been using more vibrant shades to try and counter it, but it still makes me sad to see the difference between the original and scanned versions  :-\

If you can even get an older version of Photoshop it has a scanning program in it. You just have to have to tell the program what kind of printer you have. I am still using 2.0 Photoshop. My printer/scanner is about 10 years old too. I can scan in at 2500 dpi. I rarely do that unless it is a file that I am going to print poster sized prints from. I scanned the picture of Katja in at 400 dpi. Then I had to reduce it for the web by 3/4s and it was still huge. I think that will let you by pass the problems with your old scanner. I have had no problems from mine but mine is a Cannon so it may be because it is a different brand. But the scanning portion of the Photoshop is sweet. You can make many adjustments at that point. By putting it in grayscale mode for a pencils sketch like mine you can suck all the yellowness out of the paper and have a perfect white background. If you go to replace your scanner with a younger used one I recommend getting a Canon. They just really hold up.