Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842931 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3615 on: August 05, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
Does Minna read the forum?  :o
I have no idea. I think I read a comment where she said she looked at it once in a while, but that was pretty long ago and it has... well, grown a lot

I just like to imagine that she does
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3616 on: August 05, 2015, 07:53:10 PM »

IIRC, she mentioned knowing about the fanfiction once, so I assume she reads the forum on occasion.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3617 on: August 05, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »
aw man i dont know when i drew this like it was 1 in the morning maybe
time is an illusion but i still have bags under my eyes

so heres what villian alexis looks like when he's not in the dream (aaaaaaaaaand i need to design a new dreamworld outfit. joy)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3618 on: August 06, 2015, 02:04:59 AM »
I actually was going to suggest that this morning but I forgot to and then went on a grocery run... that took all day.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3619 on: August 06, 2015, 02:10:04 AM »
Oh my, what has this thread come to?!?!?!  ;D I didn't even contemplate what the personality of my villainSona would be, I was fixated on the costume?! She'd probably go cold-blooded and efficient killer, Trinka and I are sisters with creepily similar opinions on things, so yeah ... that may surface too. In all likelihood Anna would flip from lawful good to lawful evil, where the law is her own moral parameters.

Sooooooooo

Almond-Goddess made a lovely spreadsheet for the Art Collaboration thread and KauniitaUnia suggested making a spreadsheet like it for all the SSSSonas, so

Here be the spreadsheets (yes I made multiple)

There's also statistics and stuff and with annoyingly empty sections because sucky wifi and that's all for now byeeeeee

It all looks awesome, But for Jahoanna you have "Norwegian" in the Icelandic minty-green instead of red.  ;)

Since some people were doing Mucha-esque stuff I obviously had to get in on that. Laufey + Lauftroll as the first attempt.

AGHHHH! I love all your water colors, the piece here, those in the art museum, the tarot cards - ALL OF THEM!!!  ;D

Can I join the fun, guys? :D

Día shall be a mercenary cyborg.

LOVE IT!

"Julian, dear, you're saying you can't renew my lab access card because they're tightening up on civilian access?  That's *so* disappointing.  I trusted in your brains and resourcefulness, but [wide-eyed reproachful gaze] I suppose my trust was misplaced.  (No, I'm afraid I just ran out of the honey-glazed roasted chickpeas.  I *might* have time to make a batch later.)

"Well, it's funny you mention about the lab -- the Mora archives are also cracking down on non-authorized access.  And I heard rumors they'd had a break-in or something lately.  Obviously they don't suspect any of the regular visitors; why would regulars need to break in when they have authorized access?  The vandal, or thief or spy or whatever, would have to be an outsider.  Constable Larsson told me they're running fingerprint analysis..."

* Sunflower is rather enjoying ruling by fear rather than love as a villainssssona
http://ianchadwick.com/machiavelli/chapters-15-21/chapter-17-better-to-be-feared-than-loved/

*Chills run down spine* Getting serious GLaDOS vibes from you Sunflower.... *Eyes suspiciously*
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3620 on: August 06, 2015, 03:00:23 AM »
And hey, actual SSSSona related stuff, yippee!

I'm working on the concept in my mind for the art trade with madrobin, and have designed an outfit for her, was wondering what yall's thoughts were on it.

Spoiler: show

The idea is that Mimmi saw Marja's clothing envy at the sight of her civies, and never being one to leave a fellow fashion enthusiast in the lurch, she opted to help make her a spiffy new outfit! Using stuff Marja already owned (like the tunic and shoes), plus some hard work on Mimmi's part with a crochet hook and other materials she was able to wrangle together, they created swanky new duds for her!

(The colors are a little wonky, thanks for that phone camera. The tights are more of a terracotta color, not orange)

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3621 on: August 06, 2015, 04:57:31 AM »
And hey, actual SSSSona related stuff, yippee!

I'm working on the concept in my mind for the art trade with madrobin, and have designed an outfit for her, was wondering what yall's thoughts were on it.

Spoiler: show

The idea is that Mimmi saw Marja's clothing envy at the sight of her civies, and never being one to leave a fellow fashion enthusiast in the lurch, she opted to help make her a spiffy new outfit! Using stuff Marja already owned (like the tunic and shoes), plus some hard work on Mimmi's part with a crochet hook and other materials she was able to wrangle together, they created swanky new duds for her!

(The colors are a little wonky, thanks for that phone camera. The tights are more of a terracotta color, not orange)

D'awwwww! I love how the hat we talked about turned out - too cute!!!

On a side note, we are both up WAYYYYYYYY too late - get your butt in bed missy! (That's where mine's headed after clicking "post"!)
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3622 on: August 06, 2015, 05:07:13 AM »
D'awwwww! I love how the hat we talked about turned out - too cute!!!

On a side note, we are both up WAYYYYYYYY too late - get your butt in bed missy! (That's where mine's headed after clicking "post"!)

I GUESS YOU HAVE A POINT. TIME FOR BEDZ.

On a side-side note; the next episode of Gravity Falls is out, and I am having a VERY hard time resisting watching it without you, so you should be VERY PROUD OF ME.
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3623 on: August 06, 2015, 07:39:25 AM »
I've got an Altverse thread set up already. You can move the posts there anytime.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3624 on: August 06, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
Minna has once made a comment suggesting that she had been reading not only the Disqus comments but the forum as well. I still suspect that it was just mistakable phrasing on her part.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3625 on: August 06, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »
The forum is suspiciously quiet today...
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3626 on: August 06, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »
AÅÃaaäoOõøËÊÉeêéæåAÆĀœøõÕÖêeee!!!!

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3627 on: August 06, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
Perhaps we're all tired from the villain-outburst recently.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3628 on: August 06, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »
AÅÃaaäoOõøËÊÉeêéæåAÆĀœøõÕÖêeee!!!!

Someone get a net, the blorptroll got loose again.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3629 on: August 06, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
it's a small forum, it is to be expected that it isn't active all the time. This thread grows fast enough as is, honestly^^"

I'm wayy to drained and unable to focus to join in on the fun right now, but I'm gonna point out that Blorptroll mainly shrieks in norwegian wovels, namely the usual ones + Æ Ø Å. I don't doubt it tries to expand its vocabulary by adding some ä's and ö's once in a while, but those are rare.
This has been your Blorptroll Fact of the Day!
you'll know where to find me.