Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842683 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3525 on: July 31, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Walk into a home appliance store in Norway and odds are more than half the available machines are of a German brand. We should be blaming you.
Go ahead and write a complaint letter. You might want to provide translations in Polish (brands of BSH, like Bosch, Siemens, Gaggenau, Neff, Constructa, Junker, ...) and Czech (Miele) for good measure. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3526 on: July 31, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
North, I'm glad you liked the sketch :), my intention was to put her together with Gwenno so they could have a practice fight together but I never got around to do it.
That idea also sounds really cool, but I also like this version a lot <3

I was going to say valyrian steel but no it's just some knotwork pattern. I guess it's kind of really hard to see unless you zoom in^^" but if you go to the source I added and click on the picture there, you'll get a really good look!
valyrian steel is canon
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3527 on: July 31, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
helo it is the haiz droppin in for a sec

Sokkesnoken, or the sock snok, is a Norwegian mythical creature that steals people's garments, particularly their socks (and usually only one sock out of a pair).

You wake up one Monday morning and it's impossible to find any matching socks. So you curse the sokkesnok (unless you're like me and don't really care about whether socks match).
i already posted it last time you talked about it but I HAVE DRAWN THE SOKKESNOK for a creature encyclopedia calendar project I did some years ago

BEHOLD

I KNOW I'VE ALREADY SAID THIS BUT I LOVE ITTTTTTTT so much omg i look so royal it's perFECT i love it ;vvvv; <3
KING IN THE NORTH KING IN THE NORTH KING IN THE NORTH. I am Robb Stark. It me.
I'M SO GLAD U LIKE IT HEE HEE
and yes i know your secret identity is robb stark which is why i hamlet'd u

Too bad the Haiz isn't here right now, their ssssona is like the least villain-like of them all.
i was going to protest but I can't find a single way to villainify haiz, so.........
(I'M STILL GONNA TRY i love bandwagons)
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3528 on: July 31, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »
Curry: you do those beautiful/scary/funny things so so well, that villain version of Karri is gorgeous! Oh Deer looks super-cute too.
Kick: 8 layers? You still have a loong way before you're anti-Haiz, on my latest draw I had (goes back to count) 38 layers, with room for more but I decided to call it a day (it accumulates like - the boots have their one layer. With a separate layer for shadows, and another for highlights, and yet another for the lavender edge of the boot, all tied to the boot layer through layer masks) I'm going slightly over the top maybe but I find that many layers are helpful (also essential to name those layers, and slight pain when I draw on the wrong one..) And yes oh yes you're improving a lot, each new drawing (and background) are better than the last (Una spotting a troll is my favourite, though)
Haiz: I like how some small details on your drawings sometimes are really detailed, like the brooches on this outfit. They really pop. Very pretty!
Ana Nymus: I like that Clara seems to be getting over her slight fear of fire. And your papercuts are so impressive!
KauniitaUnia: Cool pose, and very cool scarf! Karri looks like a model there.

I finished my art trade with Ana Nymus:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3529 on: July 31, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »

EEEEEEEE I LOVE IT! DO YOU GUYS SEE THIS?!?!? It's beautiful, and in character, and perfect, and...! It makes me want to go outside and read a book among the flowers right now  ;D

Yours is in the works, but I'm going to be away for a week and therefore unable to finish it (and the others I have to do) until I get back.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3530 on: July 31, 2015, 06:20:19 PM »
Curry: you do those beautiful/scary/funny things so so well, that villain version of Karri is gorgeous! Oh Deer looks super-cute too.
Ahhh, thank you so much !! :D

Kick: 8 layers? You still have a loong way before you're anti-Haiz, on my latest draw I had (goes back to count) 38 layers, with room for more but I decided to call it a day (it accumulates like - the boots have their one layer. With a separate layer for shadows, and another for highlights, and yet anotherfor the lavender edge of the boot, all tied to the boot layer through layer masks) I'm going slightly over the top maybe but I find that many layers are helpful (also essential to name those layers, and slight pain when I draw on the wrong one..)
Man, going back to layers is SO WEIRD after doing a bunch of one-layer paintings. Like, those would have two layers, I think?? Maybe three. The mahou villain Karri had three (one for all the painting, one for the background, a leftover sketch layer to remind me what was going on once I'd painted over everything with the hair) and then all the other paints had two (background + everything else) until Oh Deer happened. I cannot tell you how beautiful it felt to be able to just. Boink! Painted under that! I didn't even have to reconstitute the line or anything!! It was lovely, but I'm also finding myself trying to erase things that are on entirely different layers and having to do kind of a reality check every time.
I also like to merge layers whenever possible?? On Oh Deer I ended up with four layers, again (background + body and clothes and hair + bow (the last thing I painted) + snow on top) but I think I tended to work on a separate layer for things like the face, so I could paint under the eyes and move them around whenever without having any ugly holes. Woo!

Eeee this is very pretty! I love the flowers.
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3531 on: July 31, 2015, 07:22:18 PM »
haha, heres some alexis doodles i guess

i do not like people touching me without my permission (and i'm pretty much hypervigilant about the people around me)

that person should be pretty glad alexis knows them, because i'm pretty sure this has happened before
in real life

unlos: i used 17 layers on the art trade with you, i'm not out for the count yet

about villain sonas and stuff, *looks up at above doodles* i'm have a lot of mean bones in my body, but not in a villian sort of way (i hope)

curry: 3 layers? 3 layers?????????

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3532 on: July 31, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
Oh wow so much awesome art...

Curry takes the cake though..And to think I was planning on doing an animated dreamsssona too.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3533 on: July 31, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »
I have a drawing of a Haiz! And since they're our "official fandom meme", I figured I'd do this:

...and this

Original (in better quality, too) is under the spoiler in case anyone else has ideas.
Spoiler: show

Oh, and according to the Wikipedia page, that particular rune wards agains thieves *sidelong glance at Feartheviolas*
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3534 on: July 31, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »
Oh, and according to the Wikipedia page, that particular rune wards agains thieves *sidelong glance at Feartheviolas*

Nice mem-- Hey! Ég gerði ekkert! Ég lofa!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3535 on: August 01, 2015, 03:50:57 AM »
I have a drawing of a Haiz! And since they're our "official fandom meme", I figured I'd do this:

oh my gosh
I'm so flattered
GOOD CHOICE OF RUNE THERE

also!! we have a self insert meme thread now!!!! feel free to spam the thread with haiz memes i give thee my blessing
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3536 on: August 01, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »
Aaaaaand I'm back to making art! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! First victim is Gwenno!!!

Hope you like it! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solokov

« Reply #3537 on: August 01, 2015, 05:32:36 PM »
Resolution isn't good, that popup basically reads "an internal error has occurred"... or something like that.

*punches the nearest trollkin and wanders off*
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3538 on: August 01, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »
Resolution isn't good, that popup basically reads "an internal error has occurred"... or something like that.

*punches the nearest trollkin and wanders off*

Aw man! Looks like it was coming along so well too!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Solokov

« Reply #3539 on: August 01, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
@keeper: don't worry I recovered and redid it... just took an extra hour to select the hair like I wanted to in order to add in color.

@curry: So... Karri's villainssssona is now Lex Luthor tier?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,