Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842729 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3510 on: July 31, 2015, 10:03:03 AM »
So I saw Ana Nymus yesterday and she made me these:

They're sooooo beautiful and I had to share them with you guys because wow they're amazing and thank you so much Ana! I love them!
*Amazed by all the little details* Wow, Ana, it's... beautiful. Truly beautiful.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3511 on: July 31, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
HEY EVERYBODY REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE DOING MAHOU SHOUJO VERSIONS OF OUR SSSSONAS?? No???? Well, I DID and I decided that a mahou shoujo version of Karri's dreamworld outfit was a Must Have design. However, siiince they're not reeally a mage and shouldn't be in the dreamworld anyways, I went all-out mahou shoujo VILLAIN and I have no regrets B^) This took me about a week of near-constant painting. Most of the hours went into the hair.

Animated version:

Better-quality unanimated:

HOWEVER even that is very compressed and if you want to look at the drawing in all its glorious high-resolution beauty, here's a link to allllll 3700x4500 pixels. Personally I really recommend it since I put a ton of labor into this and it looks so much better when it's gigantic ;w;

alright, fun stuff done, off to my art trades :P

WHAT WHAT THIS IS AMAZING. I can see the effort you put into it and it looks amazing! This is such a unique and interesting design holy fish

Quote from: Feartheviolas link=topic=359.msg55609#msg55609date=1438350766
So I saw Ana Nymus yesterday and she made me these:

They're sooooo beautiful and I had to share them with you guys because wow they're amazing and thank you so much Ana! I love them!

These are so cute! I love the details :D
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3512 on: July 31, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
Aaaaaaaaa! This is a great idea omg; I love it!! ;D

Glad you liked it ;)

That is highly creepy (especially with the animation) but also absolutely stunning. And the hair! *wishes she could draw hair*

I'm glad you like them!! I love the style of art of Día de los Muertos, and it fit so well with your cats  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3513 on: July 31, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »

That sweater scarf looks really comfortable, and the boots are very stylish!

HEY EVERYBODY REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE DOING MAHOU SHOUJO VERSIONS OF OUR SSSSONAS?? No???? Well, I DID and I decided that a mahou shoujo version of Karri's dreamworld outfit was a Must Have design. However, siiince they're not reeally a mage and shouldn't be in the dreamworld anyways, I went all-out mahou shoujo VILLAIN and I have no regrets B^) This took me about a week of near-constant painting. Most of the hours went into the hair.

Animated version:

Better-quality unanimated:

HOWEVER even that is very compressed and if you want to look at the drawing in all its glorious high-resolution beauty, here's a link to allllll 3700x4500 pixels. Personally I really recommend it since I put a ton of labor into this and it looks so much better when it's gigantic ;w;

That's really great! Spooky for sure, but great! As usual the hair looks amazing and that cosmic scarf also looks very bling bling. I guess there is no sneaking up on this one. Villain-sona is not a bad idea actually.

Mélusine

« Reply #3514 on: July 31, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Your ssssona is basically a sokkesnok already. And that's the worst kind of villainy there is.
May I ask an explanation ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3515 on: July 31, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
!!!!
//another scream from Spain//
I LIKE THIS A LOT
It's so in-character! :D Thank you sooooo much! >w<

i'm glad you like it!

THIS IS AMAZING
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
OH MY GOD
what the heck is mahou shoujo

KickNRun: eeeeeeEEEEEEEEE THIS IS SUPER CUTE and you are improving so quickly oh my gosh it's almost scary (also, happy birthday RedCloud!)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i'm so glad you think its cute
and i gUESS SO ON THE IMPROVEMENT THING

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3516 on: July 31, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
May I ask an explanation ?

Sokkesnoken, or the sock snok, is a Norwegian mythical creature that steals people's garments, particularly their socks (and usually only one sock out of a pair).

You wake up one Monday morning and it's impossible to find any matching socks. So you curse the sokkesnok (unless you're like me and don't really care about whether socks match).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:28:41 PM by Fimbulvarg »

Mélusine

« Reply #3517 on: July 31, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »
Sokkesnoken, or the sock snok, is a Norwegian mythical creature that steals people's garments, particularly their socks (and usually only one sock out of a pair).

You wake up one Monday morning and it's impossible to find any matching socks. So you curse the sokkesnok (unless you're like me and don't really care about whether socks match).
Thank Fimby :)
So Norway has an explanation mythical creature for the missing socks :D I like it !

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3518 on: July 31, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »

Woooooowwww, so PWETTY!
I have a soft spot in my heart for eye motifs in design and culture/religion, so all those creepy blinking eyes are tickling my fancy. And for crappy Shogo animes: I just can't get enough of those ridiculos costumes and gravity defying hair. Yours was very well done, has a great design! And I LOVE the flomf of hair!

Are magical girls a thing again? Because I don't think I can resist making Mimi an adorable outfit :3
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3519 on: July 31, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
Hhhhh lo siento for the long post, but I actually remembered to respond to people this time and that's a Rarity so don't expect it to be a common thing ;__;

OH MY DEAR GODS, this is beautiful!!! The hair, the clothes design the stars, it all came out so incredibly nice, and it was fun seeing part of the process during the stream! :D You are getting better and better at painting! \o/
And you animated the eyes so well!! It's both creepy and lovely. I will now have dreams of my body covered in blinking eyes, slowly suffocating in Karri's FLOMF hair. It would be a perfect way to die. *nods*
AAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have to agree, it would be a pretty cool way to die v____v

Curry: [incoherent screeching in a good way] THIS IS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL I love how creepy and amazing it is!! THAT ANIMATION IS AMAZING WOWOWOWOW //falls over
YELLING THANK YOU....... I need to do more animation but I'm so. I'm so lazyyyyy ___(:3/L)______

YELLS FOR A THOUSAND YEARS ABOUT THIS ART
i don't think i will ever be done staring at the hair

eeee thank you!!! but no I did absolutely not do it better?? also I realized your lines aren't completely black after I had posted it and was like "OOOOhhh so that's why it looks super different"
I. I'm gonna try again. but Later
NEITHER WILL I. The eyes animation has a way of drawing me in because I made it and I know how many frames there are but I can never remember which eyes are opening next, ehehehehe

WHAT WHAT THIS IS AMAZING. I can see the effort you put into it and it looks amazing! This is such a unique and interesting design holy fish
Thank you so much!! I've wanted to do a design for it for a while and this one was the first thing that I made, lucky me @_@

That is highly creepy (especially with the animation) but also absolutely stunning. And the hair! *wishes she could draw hair*
Aaaah I could actually try a tutorial?? Haha, most of how I draw hair is kind of... instinct, but at least coloring perhaps :0

That's really great! Spooky for sure, but great! As usual the hair looks amazing and that cosmic scarf also looks very bling bling. I guess there is no sneaking up on this one. Villain-sona is not a bad idea actually.
eye see you (♛‿♛✿)
puns done with, villain-sonas are super fun to draw and everybody should definitely make one

THIS IS AMAZING
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
OH MY GOD
what the heck is mahou shoujo
THANK YOU AAAA
mahou shoujo means magical girl, but i left it in romaji because it's less inherently gendered that way and altho Karri is very female-appearance-y, alas, they are Not a Girl

Woooooowwww, so PWETTY!
I have a soft spot in my heart for eye motifs in design and culture/religion, so all those creepy blinking eyes are tickling my fancy. And for crappy Shogo animes: I just can't get enough of those ridiculos costumes and gravity defying hair. Yours was very well done, has a great design! And I LOVE the flomf of hair!

Are magical girls a thing again? Because I don't think I can resist making Mimi an adorable outfit :3
EEeeeeeeE thank you!! I also REALLY love eyes, especially when they're all over, and I feel the same about crappy shoujo animes ehehehe. I definitely went very 90s-anime with the shoulders.
DEFINITELY! I mean, when were they not a thing? Just do it and help bring it back B^)

ALSO!!! Look at me, being efficient and finishing art trades! This time, it's with Oh Deer!! I love your 'sonas outfit and your cosplay was super cute! When I checked out her bio, it said that you/she love the cold, so I decided to draw her enjoying the brisk Scandinavian winter - put that mask back on and go back inside, silly, you'll catch a really bad cold if you stay out much longer :P not to mention the rash or frostbite but you know, she's a 'sona, which means she's protected by impermeable Plot Armor

Quick little 1.5 hour paint, but I like how it turned out! This is probably going to be a new benchmark for what my art trades look like style-wise (although how much of you is drawn will probably change in each one), so if you've got one coming, I hope you're okay with that :0
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3520 on: July 31, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
ALSO!!! Look at me, being efficient and finishing art trades! This time, it's with Oh Deer!! I love your 'sonas outfit and your cosplay was super cute! When I checked out her bio, it said that you/she love the cold, so I decided to draw her enjoying the brisk Scandinavian winter - put that mask back on and go back inside, silly, you'll catch a really bad cold if you stay out much longer :P not to mention the rash or frostbite but you know, she's a 'sona, which means she's protected by impermeable Plot Armor

Quick little 1.5 hour paint, but I like how it turned out! This is probably going to be a new benchmark for what my art trades look like style-wise (although how much of you is drawn will probably change in each one), so if you've got one coming, I hope you're okay with that :0
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I Love it so much!  ;D
And did I ever give you your half of the trade? I can't remember  :P
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3521 on: July 31, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I Love it so much!  ;D
And did I ever give you your half of the trade? I can't remember  :P

Eeeee I'm glad! :D And alas, I don't think so :0
YEET

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3522 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »
Heh. We blame that on our washing machines here ...

Or you're like me and the visible part of almost all the socks you own happens to be uniformly black. ;)

[waiting for someone to add "and *I* don't wear socks in the first place" ...]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3523 on: July 31, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
puns done with, villain-sonas are super fun to draw and everybody should definitely make one

Just add an eyepatch and sinister skin complexion and call it a day.

Too bad the Haiz isn't here right now, their ssssona is like the least villain-like of them all.

Heh. We blame that on our washing machines here ...

Walk into a home appliance store in Norway and odds are more than half the available machines are of a German brand. We should be blaming you.

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3524 on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:45 PM »
Ohhhh wow, so much beautiful art!
Here's a coupla art trades!

North, you ended up looking kinda sickly. Oops.
Also, I realised that I'm bad at drawing loose clothing about halfway through your inking, Willow. I'm sorry. :P

In other news, I'll be outside Internet for about a week, so... if I'm not replying to PMs or something, that's why.
!!!!!!!!!!!! It me!!! I love it so much ;o; You even made my hair a lil' curly <3 The mood is so relaxed. Sorry for replying so slowly, but I've been without internet for a while because I went on vacation.
Again, thank you sososo much!! I'm going to start working on my part tonight ;v;

Spoiler: original mucha poster • show

'prince of denmark', that's not too far away from 'king of the north', right?

as if tracing and stealing the background wasn't bad enough, I've also yoinked the axe decoration from... here, apparently. But I think all the tracing I'm doing lately is making me better at digital lineart! so that's exciting even if the proportions end up all weird for some reason
I KNOW I'VE ALREADY SAID THIS BUT I LOVE ITTTTTTTT so much omg i look so royal it's perFECT i love it ;vvvv; <3
KING IN THE NORTH KING IN THE NORTH KING IN THE NORTH. I am Robb Stark. It me.
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her