Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841521 times)

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3180 on: July 15, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
GROUP 2 TRAINING MONTAGE TO "I'LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU"!

Ahhh! This is amazing Gwenno. Definitely the most best parody ever *nods* And I love all of my Alice's faces, it's all spot on! xD
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3181 on: July 15, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »
GWENNO: OH MY GOSH THAT IS THE ACTUAL MOST BEST THING I WANT IN ON MONTAGES T-

-oh
hahaha ha ha ha HAHAHaha ha

(fun fact: I played foxface in a fanmade "I'll make a man out of you" hunger games montage)
you'll know where to find me.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3182 on: July 15, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)
Goes left to right by page

Okay, the images finally loaded and *cracks up*

*sees alexis holding flamethower*
niiiiice

(and do i owe you a drawing)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3183 on: July 15, 2015, 01:53:36 PM »
Erm, so these are so dreadful quality and silly pictures, and the song lyrics are done out of order (and some missing) to boot, and the ssssonas may not be acting quite correctly, but you've got to understand that I just had to give it a go once I had the idea! It was just too much fun not to..... (also sorry Kick, I thought that Alexis was still group 2 so you got included in this monstrosity as well)

Hahahaha I love it ;D I love how much I'm in it

(also pretty sure it is Clara on the bottom of p. 6, looking at the hairline and shape of the glasses, they're different than Karri's)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3184 on: July 15, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
This is gold! That last frame cracked me up (they were all really good, but oh, poor Sofie!)

HOLY *Positive expletive deleted*!!!

Missed this earlier, and what the wow?! The coloring isn't only "alright", it's almost perfectly exact! The only two things are darker hair and a bit darker of a jacket, but daaang, for having no color reference and only one wonky sketch to go off of, that's... well, you just made my day.
(Of course, I've been doing a major overhaul of what my Self-Insert is like, but EH, I think I like this more than what I'm coming up with :P)
Weee, thank you! And fixing colours is easy (type 1-2 min) so I've edited my post with a version with darker hair and jacket.

Scout af the day: Francesca/Frenci:

WIPs:
Spoiler: show

For shading, I use a big, soft brush, a very dark hue of the original colour,  and really low opacity (type 9%), to be able to get a smooth gradient.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3185 on: July 15, 2015, 04:39:04 PM »

AWESOMESAUCE!!!
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3186 on: July 15, 2015, 05:22:38 PM »

This was way too funny, my sides are tender! Group 2 = best Group 2015! And don't worry, I think y'all have it in you to be a ma... A warrior!
niiiiice

I think it's Maja?

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #3187 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
Eeeeeugh, why do I attempt to doooooo this whole reply thing?!? (I kidd, thanks for the comments guys)
Just so y'alls know how much I'm sacrificing for your amusement, that song has been doing circles in my head for three days now  :o it just doesn't stop....... Terrible human being that I am, I hope that at least a few of you will get it stuck for a day or two as well :P

Wow, Gwenno, that's an impressive work with a lot of SSSSonas ! :D
Tell me about it! I got inspired by Daéa's efforts to do group pictures but couldn't for the life of me think of a cool way to include everyone, so obvious compromise = multiple pictures :D

This is so cute and hilarious and all spot on :D This is true perfection and I LOVE IT!!!
Hehe thank you ^_^ good to know that Karri's acting in character at least :P

Gwenno: Ahhh, this is BRILLIANT!! I don't know where to start, this is just amazing! ;D
Is it Piney putting on the glasses on the bottom of page 6?
Eeeeeee thank you :) and yep, that would be Piney's glasses

This is so delightful and funny, I can't even...  I love that they seem to be learning Parkour and tai chi (maybe even bo staff fighting) as well as basic gun drill.  (Also the whole idea of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is doubly hilarious given the gender makeup of the team.)
Will you provide the names or some narrative background for some of the scenes? 

Oh, and the last line is maybe the best -- where Haiz says "Oh my gosh, Lára, they're doing a montage!  We need a Team 3 montage, now!"

The gauntlet has been thrown... 8)
Thank you, I'm glad it got such a good response ^_^ (glasses = Piney btw)
Also, we team 2 guys have to be trained in all the ways of awesomeness, otherwise the montage would be no fun to draw :P and believe me, this comment has me tempted to draw an end scene with everyone supporting ridiculous walrus moustaches at the end of it.....
I'm not sure how much narrative background you'd like for this (or what to say really), but character-wise:

Curry/Karri - cleanser (and modifier of explosives) + second-in-command
• Piney/Clara - cleanser
• callipygous/Karna - cleanser + driver
• Gwenno/Gwenno - troll hunter
• North/Martine - troll hunter
• Jesty/Alice - mage + knife thrower
• Almond-Goddess - falconer (+ falcon) (also one of the main helpers of group 3)
• Fimbulvarg - troll hunter + weapon repurposer + group leader
• Ragnarok/Arbet - attack mage + decoy
• Alethryia/Johanna - mage + troll hunter
• Fauna/Maja - cleanser + troll weapon mechanic + gunsmith
• KicknRun/Alexis - cleanser in training

Most are relatively familiar faces, but the others will be on the info dump ^_^

Ahhh! This is amazing Gwenno. Definitely the most best parody ever *nods* And I love all of my Alice's faces, it's all spot on! xD
;D I'm so glad you like the faces! Alice was actually the one who I had the most trouble with (no idea why?) so I'm really happy it worked out

GWENNO: OH MY GOSH THAT IS THE ACTUAL MOST BEST THING I WANT IN ON MONTAGES T--oh
hahaha ha ha ha HAHAHaha ha

(fun fact: I played foxface in a fanmade "I'll make a man out of you" hunger games montage)
JOIN ME IN THE MONTAGE GAME OF AWESOMENESS (heh, figured you were a good choice for the team 3 montage enthusiast :P)!!! Seriously tho, it was crazy fun to put it all together, and I've seen the parody version you played (you must have posted it somewhere before) and it was a mighty funny thing :P

Okay, the images finally loaded and *cracks up*
niiiiice
(and do i owe you a drawing)
Finally internet, you behave! Behold the awesomeness of Alexis holding flamethrower (yep, both Alexis and Maja have flamethrower moments in this). As for owing me a drawing, I generally don't consider anything a solid art trade unless it's full colour, background and just them, so you may draw if you want to (I always enjoy seeing draws after all), but don't feel obliged because of this ^_^ It was just something I wanted to do :)

Hahahaha I love it ;D I love how much I'm in it
(also pretty sure it is Clara on the bottom of p. 6, looking at the hairline and shape of the glasses, they're different than Karri's)
Considering that of the times you show up, one time you're crying and the other you're dangling off a bridge I'm surprised that you'd be so happy about that, but yeah, Clara does get some good moments as well (inc. glasses - there really needed to be an "epic glasses moment" and Clara seemed the perfect fit to provide that :P)

This is gold! That last frame cracked me up (they were all really good, but oh, poor Sofie!)
Teehee, I'm so happy that everyone's getting some laughs out of this ^_^ I was originally planning on some kind of epic group pose for the last scene, and then AquaAquarion posted that strip and I just had to put this in instead :P Works out way better like this
Scout af the day: Francesca/Frenci:

Good thing you don't get bored of my compliments because this is also a really nice one, these parkour poses are so much more interesting than regular old poses and really bring the scouts to life

AWESOMESAUCE!!!
;D
This was way too funny, my sides are tender! Group 2 = best Group 2015! And don't worry, I think y'all have it in you to be a ma... A warrior!
I think it's Maja?
Been practicing a new form of troll warfare captain Fimby sir! Throw amusing comics at the trolly blighters, and if the laughing doesn't split their sides first, then the distraction will give us enough time for bashing, slashing and exploding, minimal risk to team awesome. Group 2 = best Group 2015-2106! (Also, both Maja and Alexis get flamethrower moments, because why on earth would we limit flamethrowers?)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:39:39 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3188 on: July 15, 2015, 07:06:44 PM »
Considering that of the times you show up, one time you're crying and the other you're dangling off a bridge I'm surprised that you'd be so happy about that, but yeah, Clara does get some good moments as well (inc. glasses - there really needed to be an "epic glasses moment" and Clara seemed the perfect fit to provide that :P)

Haha, I just enjoy having "screen time". And I can't say that any of it is out of character ::)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3189 on: July 15, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »
;DBeen practicing a new form of troll warfare captain Fimby sir! Throw amusing comics at the trolly blighters, and if the laughing doesn't split their sides first, then the distraction will give us enough time for bashing, slashing and exploding, minimal risk to team awesome. Group 2 = best Group 2015-2106! (Also, both Maja and Alexis get flamethrower moments, because why on earth would we limit flamethrowers?)
Wehehell, I salute you for your ingenuity Hunter. I'll have to recommend you for a citation for excellence most bestness at this rate.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3190 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches. It's under a spoiler because it's a lot of stuff.

From the top, left to right:

- Klarissa, Mith, Matthew
- Julian, Sara
- Jón, Rune, Kendall, Kurt
- Alexis, Fimbulvarg, Karri, Arbet
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

(This is not an "intermission" sketch, but I couldn't resist)

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3191 on: July 15, 2015, 09:58:46 PM »
Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches. It's under a spoiler because it's a lot of stuff.

- Julian, Sara
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

EEEEeEEEEeEEEEEEEE!!! This is so cute!!! I love how you drew everybody but especially Karri omg this is one of the most spot-on drawings of Karri and their next gen hair that I've seen in this thread!!!! CUE ME DYING OF HAPPINESS THIS IS SO COOL AAAAAA
YEET

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #3192 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
Heeey

- Julian, Sara
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

There's a me! I love how you drew the hair! (Hmm. Maybe I can get my hair cut like that. . .hmm.) Very nice!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

daiseerose

« Reply #3193 on: July 15, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »
Heeey

- Julian, Sara
- Elisabet, Maja, Kahli

BONUS:

That's pretty cool :) good job :)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3194 on: July 16, 2015, 01:19:58 AM »
Heeey

After drawing each group, I couldn't get the characters out of my head for a while, so I kept drawing them. I would finish a group picture and just pick a few of the inserts to draw separately because I was unable to stop. So here are all of my "intermission" (is that the right word? I don't know) sketches.

Eeee!  You made Sara look so cute -- I love it!  Thanks!  (You also showed me with a lot more skill growing flowers than I actually have, which I appreciate...)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: