Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841632 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3105 on: July 12, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »
lies down on floor because there is so much beautiful art like seriously
I'm just
*__________________*
i wanna comment on it all but I'd be up all night, soooo I'm gonna do the selfish thing and do a thank-you round instead^^"

Look, there I am! And I really like Laufey, she looks like she's dancing and just living in the present. I've been missing your frequent posting in this thread Haiz, I hope the hotel is treating you tolerably (You may have covered that in the general discussion thread but I have fallen off of it.. again.)
thanks!! I wish I was posting more frequently too, there's just a lot of stuff happening. I do indeed keep the general thread updated, so if you're really interested you may look through the posts I've made and you'll probably find it? wow htat sounds self-absorbed hahaha
Shoves down "I didn't come up with the poses I just copied them"-reflex with the memory of Haiz' absolutely wonderful rant of "there is no cheating in art it's all art" (Thank you Haiz!)
NO PROBLEM 8) your parkour series is absolutely amazing btw

Whoah, Y0 Laufey looks weirdly content, her condition considered. "I pinch." :D
i wanted to make happy dorky dancing lauf instead of SCREAMING SUFFERING LAUF for a change ahaha ha
also that ad is fantastic omg

I don't care if they are sketches, to me they are most best, all of them (but maybe especially that majestic mane. You know which).
ee thanks! and... I don't actually know which majestic mane you mean because there are so many majestic manes and I always draw them 20% floofier than they actually are. except karri's. i think i'm not drawing karri's hair floofy enough

Gwenno train of thought - "Oh cool look, Haiz has posted some sketches, these'll be cool"
*scrolls though, sees self*
"Ooooh, iz a me  ;D!" *does happy dance*
Haiz: "WHICH SONAS DO I REMEMBER THE DESIGN OF"
"Okay, so this is probably a sign I spend too much time here......."
*looks closer, sees teeth* :o
"Wha..? Ah nuoooooooooo! Alas, but my secret has been revealed! Haiz has uncovered my vampire nature!
*turns into a bat or something and flies away never to be seen again*
(scarily accurate actually, my teeth were real similar to that before braces meaning I spent years of my life convincing people I was a vampire, also yesterday I managed to get some nasty sunburn after just 2 hours wearing factor 50 - so are you actually psychic?)
ahahaha I swear this was an accidetnal reveal... I always think of your self-insert as a lion so I drew her kinda liony. but hey I'm a mage am I not? I might have some intuition

aaaaaaaand everyone else who commented: THANK YOU IM GLAD YOU ENJOY BEING THE VICTIMS OF MY ART SHENANIGANS
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3106 on: July 13, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
Unlos: These dynamic poses are awesome!!

Remember when I was complaining about there being too many people in Group 2?? Ha ha ha... Those were the good days.
Once again I had to place everyone in one single drawing and that was so freaking difficult. I couldn't think of a cool way to draw the group, so it all ended up a little crammed, I'm so sorry.

Here's Group 3.

Another normal day for the group: the skalds are skalding, the foresters/hunters/biologists and whatnot are chatting, and the mages are making all the runes fly by accident. No big deal.
*Internal squeeing* Haha, I'm looking at that rune with such a surprised/sceptical expression ^w^ I don't know if I've said it before, but Sofie isn't too convinced that they actually work. She wants to believe in magic, but she's a little too insecure to put any trust in it.
I'm amazed with the dynamic you're managing to get into these pieces and how you keep them from getting too clustered with that many characters! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3107 on: July 13, 2015, 10:19:10 AM »
Boo! ;D I finally finished my part of the art trade with FeartheViolas and in the process discovered that salt can be used to create pretty cool stars and things :D (it's seriously blowing my mind here  :o iz just too cool).
Anyways, this is supposed to be Sóley playing about with the demon cats in her dream realm (which I designed based on her answer on the personal dreamworld thread - no books sorry, I just couldn't think how to fit them into the picture without making it look weird, and the demon cats are slightly more insubstantial because erm.... reasons, dreamworld things.... pretty sure demon cats could do that if they wanted to.... right?). Hope you like it ^_^
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:49:35 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3108 on: July 13, 2015, 10:20:52 AM »
Unlos: These dynamic poses are awesome!!

Remember when I was complaining about there being too many people in Group 2?? Ha ha ha... Those were the good days.
Once again I had to place everyone in one single drawing and that was so freaking difficult. I couldn't think of a cool way to draw the group, so it all ended up a little crammed, I'm so sorry.

Here's Group 3.

Another normal day for the group: the skalds are skalding, the foresters/hunters/biologists and whatnot are chatting, and the mages are making all the runes fly by accident. No big deal.
!!!!!!!!¡¡¡
this is so great oh gosh
Like, the whole picture's brilliant, but Jón's so *gawky* and *confused*, it's brilliant.
Diolch!

Also, definitely getting Hark! A Vagrant vibes from the art, which is also brilliant because it's , uh, brilliant. (I need new adjectives)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:46:36 AM by ParanormalAndroid »

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3109 on: July 13, 2015, 10:24:41 AM »

I love the background and the colors, and the fact all is cold but joyful :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3110 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:18 AM »
Boo! ;D I finally finished my part of the art trade with FeartheViolas and in the process discovered that salt can be used to create pretty cool stars and things :D (it's seriously blowing my mind here  :o iz just too cool).
Anyways, this is supposed to be Sóley playing about with the demon cats in her dream realm (which I designed based on her answer on the personal dreamworld thread - no books sorry, I just couldn't think how to fit them into the picture without making it look weird, and the demon cats are slightly more insubstantial because erm.... reasons, dreamworld things.... pretty sure demon cats could do that if they wanted to.... right?). Hope you like it ^_^

WOW! This is soooo cool!! I love it so much thank you thank you thank you!! The thing with the salt is really neat also! I might have to try that now... The dreamworld is so pretty (don't worry about the books, they can be behind the trees or something ;) ) It actually looks like the lake where we skate. Wow. Have you been to Quebec?

I will have yours probably the first week of August if not before. I have some ideas for it, and I am going to try and work on it on my flight later.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3111 on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »
I love the background and the colors, and the fact all is cold but joyful :)
Hehe, thank you ^_^ You always say the loveliest things :P

WOW! This is soooo cool!! I love it so much thank you thank you thank you!! The thing with the salt is really neat also! I might have to try that now... The dreamworld is so pretty (don't worry about the books, they can be behind the trees or something ;) ) It actually looks like the lake where we skate. Wow. Have you been to Quebec?

I will have yours probably the first week of August if not before. I have some ideas for it, and I am going to try and work on it on my flight later.
I'm so glad you like it :3 Yes try out the salt thing, it's so much fun! Behind the trees makes sense, that would keep them out of the way of the snow and falling moisture *nodds sagely*, as for the lake, I googled "frozen lake Quebec" and kinda did a mashup of all my favourite images, so who knows, one of them might have actually been your lake?
I look forwards to seeing what you draw come August ^_^ I'm sure it will be the awesomest!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3112 on: July 13, 2015, 01:35:07 PM »
so so more facts about Alexis' personality

It should be stated he's not well adjusted. No matter what you see in him in the beginning, he is not well adjusted. Nope nope nopey nope.

Really really hates his parents culture in general, but is fascinated with with the old world, and knows what he can from having two academic parents

When he starts translating old documents and sees that his parents were pretty much 100% percent wrong, his reaction will be a little like this:

Alexis: My parents were so wrong
Alexis: 100 percent wrong
Alexis: Good.

Has proboably improved a little after running away, actually

If he does something really bad its either for one of two reasons
1. He knew he would get away with it
2. He doesn't care that he won't get away with it

If he really loses it, leave.
Leave.
Leave.

Having people be concerned about him is actually really weird, okay.

Any positive personilty trait he has is so taken up to eleven that its a negative personlity trait.
So his loyalty and selflessness? Yeah. 

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3113 on: July 13, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
I bring more drawings that aren't art trades (sorry)
i felt like drawing mage!haiz today but not feeling like putting much effort into anything

I drew over a non-serious selfie, but I was listening to this on repeat so it turned into a serious draw
(also it was fun and I might mageify other selfies later......)

and here is a drawing dedicated to Karri's floff

(we're looking for lost civilizations)

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3114 on: July 13, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »
i felt like drawing mage!haiz today but not feeling like putting much effort into anything

I drew over a non-serious selfie, but I was listening to this on repeat so it turned into a serious draw

Ah yes, the so-called selfur, or mage-selfie. Well known from mage academies all over Iceland.

Such colour, very poseful.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3115 on: July 13, 2015, 02:04:06 PM »

HAHAHAHA I feel that about the art trades!!! I'm working on one and then I have, what, 3 more that I've written down after that, but I feel like I have more than that, so pleeeease if you see this tell me if I promised you one but you're not on this list
✿ jesty! (getting done with the linework on this one)
✿ haiz! (NOTHING DONE IM SO SORRY)
✿ kizzy! (NOTHING DONE IM SO SORRY)
✿ trinka! (NOTHING DONE IM SO SO SO SORRY)

APOLOGIES ALL AROUND HUUUU

HOWEVER!! This got wayy off topic, but this is absolutely canon? add in some coins and random merchandise that Karri didn't feel like paying for and there you go you have Karri

wrong pronouns but basically official
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3116 on: July 13, 2015, 02:11:04 PM »

I feel a new trend is about to be born... mage selfies... oh dear... Haiz stop giving me ideas, I have to leave my art supplies behind again until August But then I will have a tablet in August, so waiting might be better anyway...

I do this with my sister's hair. We do actually find things sometimes, in case anyone was wondering if it was actually possible to recover what was lost from the hair.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3117 on: July 13, 2015, 02:16:56 PM »
I feel a new trend is about to be born... mage selfies... oh dear...
does trying to imitate the mage in your avatar count as a mage selfie

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3118 on: July 13, 2015, 02:27:37 PM »

wrong pronouns but basically official

I do this with my sister's hair. We do actually find things sometimes, in case anyone was wondering if it was actually possible to recover what was lost from the hair.

ooooooooooooooooooo
story idea!

tell me off right now if it isn't okay to write it

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs