Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841404 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3075 on: July 11, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »
Unlos: These dynamic poses are awesome!!
Here's Group 3.

Another normal day for the group: the skalds are skalding, the foresters/hunters/biologists and whatnot are chatting, and the mages are making all the runes fly by accident. No big deal.
I've been busy and not quite able to catch up properly but I have to comment on this. First of all there's INCOHERENT SHRIEKING bc you drawing all the teams is hecka impressive, and because THAT THERE, IT'S ME and I almost didnt recognize haiz with the uniform on. (Also you drew it very accurately from only a single wonky sketch as reference O:) 
also the flying runes and their following mages are hilarious
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3076 on: July 11, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »
I've had this sitting around for a few days and I was finally able to paint it. (I had to wait to get home for the florescent green)

Anyway, so I was in a bit of a weird mood the other day and drew this on the train. It's Sóley. She looks different because it's a much younger version of her. Hence the long hair and different clothing. It's a lot messier than my usual drawing style and part of that is because of the train, but also because I felt like the messy just fit here.

*Tilts head* Huuuuuuum. Bad things. Bad memories...

Remember when I was complaining about there being too many people in Group 2?? Ha ha ha... Those were the good days.
Once again I had to place everyone in one single drawing and that was so freaking difficult. I couldn't think of a cool way to draw the group, so it all ended up a little crammed, I'm so sorry.

Here's Group 3.

Another normal day for the group: the skalds are skalding, the foresters/hunters/biologists and whatnot are chatting, and the mages are making all the runes fly by accident. No big deal.
How can you be "so sorry", Daéa, it's always amazing discovering your drawings of the self-insert characters :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

ClairityKoi

« Reply #3077 on: July 11, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »

Remember when I was complaining about there being too many people in Group 2?? Ha ha ha... Those were the good days.
Once again I had to place everyone in one single drawing and that was so freaking difficult. I couldn't think of a cool way to draw the group, so it all ended up a little crammed, I'm so sorry.

Here's Group 3.

I'm happy and feel very included/feel that you have captured my disposition, and think everybody else looks seriously amazing :3 the entire group dynamic is just so... ugh I don't know what to say about it... colorful?
Anywaaaay :D
It's not leaving the comfort of your shell, it's expanding its confines... <3

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3078 on: July 11, 2015, 07:54:55 PM »
I literally cannot remember the last time I commented in this thread, but I have, of course, been following and gazing upon all your wonderful things. I haven't had the chance to draw an art trade and may not have for a few days more, BUT i have the next best thing

random pen sketches done in boredom at work.....
and from there it kinda escalated into "WHICH SONAS DO I REMEMBER THE DESIGN OF"

Gwenno train of thought - "Oh cool look, Haiz has posted some sketches, these'll be cool"
*scrolls though, sees self*
"Ooooh, iz a me  ;D!" *does happy dance*
Haiz: "WHICH SONAS DO I REMEMBER THE DESIGN OF"
"Okay, so this is probably a sign I spend too much time here......."
*looks closer, sees teeth* :o
"Wha..? Ah nuoooooooooo! Alas, but my secret has been revealed! Haiz has uncovered my vampire nature!
*turns into a bat or something and flies away never to be seen again*
(scarily accurate actually, my teeth were real similar to that before braces meaning I spent years of my life convincing people I was a vampire, also yesterday I managed to get some nasty sunburn after just 2 hours wearing factor 50 - so are you actually psychic?)

Here's Group 3.

[img width =100]https://40.media.tumblr.com/a64bcf8af149d45698c1b038aa1da06a/tumblr_nrca012j711taas6qo1_540.jpg[/img]

Oh deyum, you did it again and wow these pics just get better and better! Your poses and expressions are fantastic, and as always the lineart is ridiculously tidy (seriously how do you manage to do that?!?!?), I also love the little stories you put in behind the pictures ^_^ They may be my most favouritest thing

Unlos - Can you just assume that I'm here clapping at the other end of the world at your drawing efforts, because I really feel like I should be. You post so many of these pictures, and they're really good and the speed you manage is also super impressive and they get posted so often I'm worried that I'm starting to repeat myself. Ah well, what can ya do? Good stuff again here :)

I've had this sitting around for a few days and I was finally able to paint it. (I had to wait to get home for the florescent green)

Anyway, so I was in a bit of a weird mood the other day and drew this on the train. It's Sóley. She looks different because it's a much younger version of her. Hence the long hair and different clothing. It's a lot messier than my usual drawing style and part of that is because of the train, but also because I felt like the messy just fit here.

Agreeing with Mélusine here. The pic really feels like bad memories and being sucked in (I drew a disturbingly similar picture when trying to deal with some things a while ago actually  :o ), but it's atmospheric in a good way, and the dull colouring and slightly smudgy look definitely adds to that and makes it very pretty
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3079 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »
The pic really feels like bad memories and being sucked in (I drew a disturbingly similar picture when trying to deal with some things a while ago actually  :o )
Aaaaaaah, that's it ! This strange feeling. The disturbingly picture. (Even if I'm not sure I drew mine.) Yes. Definitively.
Don't stay here, Sóley...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3080 on: July 11, 2015, 09:09:23 PM »
These aren't art trades, but I felt like drawing today so I decided to do a handful of fashion sketches using some sonas. I'll put them in spoiler tags to keep the post short, since the pics are kinda big.
Spoiler: show
Alethryia's Johanna gets a ballgown&shawl:

Almond-goddess's falconer with a matching shirt&skirt

Authoroflight's Beth with a pretty shirt and two-toned shoes:

And Karri, because I had to draw that hair:
I used the "see that's science" pose because I wasn't completely happy with the other poses and the reference was very helpful.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3081 on: July 11, 2015, 10:49:44 PM »
Eeeeeee Keeper that's so cute!! :D I totally understand the need to draw fashion. It just kind of crops up with no warning, and that's a super cute idea, so perhaps expect some Curry draws of you all's OCs in haute couture at some point 8)

That being said, I finally kicked my lazy butt into gear and finished my art trade with Silenter from.... weeks? months? a shameful amount of time ago! I tried out a monochrome/dichromatic shading thing and it was really fun :0

Magey stuff wheeeee!!
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3082 on: July 11, 2015, 10:53:45 PM »
Thank you once again for all the nice comments! You are all amazing, and your inserts are amazing, and I don't think I will ever get tired of drawing them. <3

Sunflower: Yes, one of the runes hit Kurt in the head. How rude! :P

Gwenno: I usually reinforce the main lines and carefully try to erase the lines I used to frame the character's pose and expression. My scanner does the rest, because it washes out almost everything (that's the main reason why I reinforce the main lines so much). I edit the picture later to darken it a bit.

These aren't art trades, but I felt like drawing today so I decided to do a handful of fashion sketches using some sonas. I'll put them in spoiler tags to keep the post short, since the pics are kinda big.

I used the "see that's science" pose because I wasn't completely happy with the other poses and the reference was very helpful.

I like the outfits and the colors! Really nice! :)

Eeeeeee Keeper that's so cute!! :D I totally understand the need to draw fashion. It just kind of crops up with no warning, and that's a super cute idea, so perhaps expect some Curry draws of you all's OCs in haute couture at some point 8)

That being said, I finally kicked my lazy butt into gear and finished my art trade with Silenter from.... weeks? months? a shameful amount of time ago! I tried out a monochrome/dichromatic shading thing and it was really fun :0

Magey stuff wheeeee!!

WHOA, that lighting! And the colors! The pose is really cool, too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:56:20 PM by Daéa Reina »
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3083 on: July 11, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »

Now I wanna take a stab at this! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE D: jkjk I'll take any excuse to design clothes and cute outfits
Except idk what to draw??? Oops. Maybe I'll just stick with my 'sona for now...
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3084 on: July 11, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »
Uhhh, so I have an art trade-ish? gift for Alethryia of her SSSSona c: Gonna post it once my PC stops acting up *wills SAI to please not crash for the love of everything good*

Edit: ACTUALLY KIND OF DECENT COLORS ON MACS I'M CRYING FROM HAPPINESS

Alethryia, here you go! Johanna was lots of fun to draw! (ºvº) Sorry for any inaccuracies in her design T_T

I'm just sad that my copy of PaintTool SAI is awful and won't let me add more textures and stuff to make the painting cooler. And that my PC isn't better. It has issues handling big canvases, forget a 4k x 6k px one.

Very VERY very nice! I love the atmosphere of the dream world you captured, even if you had to cover up some precious line work (I'm sure it was pretty). I can tell you for a fact that Alethryia squealed like a little girl when she saw it, and tried to show a half-asleep me the picture at like, 1 o'clock in the morning. I couldn't  summon the propper amount of enthusiasm before, but now that I'm totally awake, I can see why she freaked out. It's beautiful!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3085 on: July 11, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
random pen sketches done in boredom at work

and from there it kinda escalated into "WHICH SONAS DO I REMEMBER THE DESIGN OF"

and then Trinka, Janni, Sára... and ME AGAIN i mean mage!haiz. I tried to draw the weird haircut I currently have

sorry you guys turned out so weird hahahaha

LOOK IT'S ME! *points emphatically*

I am one of the chosen few, blessed by Haiz, deity of hair-trigger art reflexes
*holy angel choir sounds in the distance*
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3086 on: July 12, 2015, 01:49:36 AM »
I don't get these groups and expeditions, how they go, I barely read because I don't understand, I check pics, I read information of older/new characters, but sometimes I just skip reading in between (and Sharion is not surprised i want to cosplay Sigrun lol)
I am sorry.
Don't worry, let me quote Haiz who made a FAQ-thread:
- hang on hang on expedition?
oh yeah, after months of our characters slowly shaping up, and the silhouette of a plot starting to be seen - we're slowly making our characters move intot he world and a story. There are several threads for that on this board. Keep in mind that it's very much a collaboration project, so it goes a little slow and there are a lot of participants.

Hello all! I'm looking to do art/finish filling my old sketchbook. So I'm up for art trades, or art requests! If any of ya'll are interested shoot me a PM. It might take me a bit depending on my muse/work.
Well I am going to draw the remaining scouts doing parkour, so if you want to turn it into an art trade, I'm good.

Keeper: Those are some lovely designs! Authoroflights shirt with the blending of colors is my favourite.
Gwenno, thank you (*imagines clapping, is very happy*)! Those encouraging words from you, Daéa, VV and others who has commented are a great motivator to keep drawing :D
Curry, that's a very cool drawing of Silenter. The two-tone effect reminds me of an old sepia photograph

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3087 on: July 12, 2015, 02:14:22 AM »
LOOK IT'S ME! *points emphatically*

I am one of the chosen few, blessed by Haiz, deity of hair-trigger art reflexes
*holy angel choir sounds in the distance*

And I am another one of the chosen few -- whom Haiz has given hair *nearly* as exuberant as Curry's.  (But nobody's hair could equal Curry's.)  All hail hair-trigger art reflexes!

Takkar og bukkar!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

ruth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • pining for the fjords
« Reply #3088 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:25 AM »

Here's Group 3.

So I haven't been really keeping up because of the sheer volume of things that are being posted, but, oh my god that's SO incredible. I have attitude. You somehow captured my attitude perfectly. Thanks so much Daéa!
Principal mouthnoises: :spain: :uk: :norway:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3089 on: July 12, 2015, 05:22:55 AM »
Very VERY very nice! I love the atmosphere of the dream world you captured, even if you had to cover up some precious line work (I'm sure it was pretty). I can tell you for a fact that Alethryia squealed like a little girl when she saw it, and tried to show a half-asleep me the picture at like, 1 o'clock in the morning. I couldn't  summon the propper amount of enthusiasm before, but now that I'm totally awake, I can see why she freaked out. It's beautiful!

*has to stop self from squealing too loudly b/c everyone in the house is asleep*
Thank you! c: I hope you slept okay D:
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz