Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841534 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2970 on: July 06, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
Some of you may have noticed I've got a bit of a thing for writing stories from the infected point of view. Not sure why, but hey, there you go. So, with Laufey's permission and guidance, I've written a little story about everyone's favourite troll:

The Lauftroll!

Hope you all like it!
You're good. Oh, yes, you're good :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2971 on: July 06, 2015, 06:37:42 PM »
Some of you may have noticed I've got a bit of a thing for writing stories from the infected point of view. Not sure why, but hey, there you go. So, with Laufey's permission and guidance, I've written a little story about everyone's favourite troll:

The Lauftroll!

Hope you all like it!

Very eerie, I like it. You are giving me the itch to start writing again.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2972 on: July 06, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »

The Lauftroll!

Hope you all like it!
I like! Especially the way you tied it into canon.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Mélusine

« Reply #2973 on: July 06, 2015, 06:41:47 PM »
You are giving me the itch to start writing again.
*Passes by* Which is always a good idea *Goes away*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2974 on: July 06, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »

The Lauftroll!

Hope you all like it!

This is really good!! I love the idea of trolls being able to communicate with each other. As Noodly said, it was a really good adaptation to the canon.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2975 on: July 06, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »

The Lauftroll!

Hope you all like it!

This is such an amazing little story. Lauftroll is very in character, excellent portrayal. I'll join the others in loving how it's tied to the story and how unsettling and creepy the trolls are. Echo-locating accordion troll stamp of approval!  ;D

EDIT: extra points for reversing the stand still stay silent roles, by the way.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:19:32 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2976 on: July 06, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
Nononono.....gah I need to write better....
What I mean is that they can afford more mages and veteran soldiers than our guys from the comic, but, since people who are actually interested in the Silent World are rare and probably expensive, they cost more than guys like cleansers and hunters who would just be like 'oh yay more things to blow up'.
Wait, some people are getting paid for this? I was just told that if I came along there's be bigger and badder trolls to kill in the super fun danger zone of the silent world  :o

Owl is leaving.
This might be a bit mad, but I really enjoy making these, and want to draw everyone! Famous last words I know, I've done 17 - 23 if I count the art trades, and we're 80 ATM. But it's good practice.
Yeah, a little bit mad, but it's also super impressive :P and it WILL improve your art no end! I really had a lot of problems drawing people and poses when I started posting pictures in the forum, but after drawing all the self inserts in different poses a few weeks back I find that it isn't nearly as much of a bother as it used to be ^_^

The Lauftroll!
Hope you all like it!
Ooooh I like it a lot, that's a very nice look at the inner workings of the troll mind and very well written ^_^ I've been having a lot of fun reading your stories

I've also managed to finish one of my art trades :D This one is for Kizzy. I want to say so much about it but I figure pictures should talk for themselves. The quote on Alma's bio "Between saving a limb and a book, it will most definitely be the latter" kinda insisted it had to be a book pic :P

Scanner is making me sad still and refuses to pick up on details and colours :(
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

« Reply #2977 on: July 06, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »
Wait, some people are getting paid for this? I was just told that if I came along there's be bigger and badder trolls to kill in the super fun danger zone of the silent world  :o
Why am I not surprised ? ::)

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2978 on: July 06, 2015, 07:39:22 PM »

Eep, so cute!
That style really reminds me of something though, and I don't know exactly what..
Animal Crossing, maybe? .-.
Animal Crossing, kinda (what a great freaking series Animal Crossing is), but actually I'm getting Harvest Moon vibes off it? I don't know, but it's a cool drawing nonetheless.

I've also managed to finish one of my art trades :D This one is for Kizzy. I want to say so much about it but I figure pictures should talk for themselves. The quote on Alma's bio "Between saving a limb and a book, it will most definitely be the latter" kinda insisted it had to be a book pic :P

The levek of detail in this is amazing, and I'm kinda getting Sandman vibes from the demons (?) which makes it even better.
(Plus I can agree that, in the event of some sort of emergency, my books are getting out before me.)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #2979 on: July 06, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
Why am I not surprised ? ::)

Eeeerm, well, I'm totally a valuable addition to the crew who wouldn't be won over by the promise of super fun troll bash time and get distracted from whatever the actual purpose of the mission was.... (*phew* most best save!  ;DDarnit, you know me too well!

The levek of detail in this is amazing, and I'm kinda getting Sandman vibes from the demons (?) which makes it even better.
(Plus I can agree that, in the event of some sort of emergency, my books are getting out before me.)
Thank you ^_^ Heh, oh boy, Sandman is one of my favourite things (actually brought the first volume in the Swansea comic book store ages back, so close to where you're at :P ) so maaaaaybe there's some subconscious influence there, but the actual references were just some skeletons and gross things on the internet, as well as some real old creepy fairy books we've managed to collect around the house
(as for detail, you can't really see too well due to scanner, but the shovel book Emil was reading, and the golf memoir from the exploded building are both there, as well as ARTD and SSSS of course)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

« Reply #2980 on: July 06, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
Eeeerm, well, I'm totally a valuable addition to the crew who wouldn't be won over by the promise of super fun troll bash time and get distracted from whatever the actual purpose of the mission was.... (*phew* most best save!  ;DDarnit, you know me too well!
Maybe I should write something-between-the-last-time-we-saw-your-character-and-team-2-missions...

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #2981 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:24 PM »
img width=300]http://img13.deviantart.net/7048/i/2015/187/e/d/the_safest_place_by_mursen-d907ki3.jpg[/img]

Ooh, I really like this one! The posing of the figure and the tent drapery are good, and the troll-things are rather... might I say pretty?

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2982 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
Ehehe, I was working on a concept gif for one of my OCs, but then my computer crashed, deleting 17 pages of animation, and I couldn't bring myself to go back and redo them so soon after losing them, so I did kind of a warm-up doodle for something I'll eventually do with Laufey's troll.

How to draw blood (by Curry):
1. dark red
2. SEIZURE
3. nice job you did it

Sorry for the lazy animation but I really needed to comfort myself after losing 3 hours of work :__3c
YEET

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2983 on: July 07, 2015, 03:20:16 AM »
Yeah, a little bit mad, but it's also super impressive :P and it WILL improve your art no end! I really had a lot of problems drawing people and poses when I started posting pictures in the forum, but after drawing all the self inserts in different poses a few weeks back I find that it isn't nearly as much of a bother as it used to be ^_^
Ooooh I like it a lot, that's a very nice look at the inner workings of the troll mind and very well written ^_^ I've been having a lot of fun reading your stories

Scanner is making me sad still and refuses to pick up on details and colours :(

What software are you using to scan it in?

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2984 on: July 07, 2015, 04:19:51 AM »
I finally finished Katja Svannudattirs picture. Wow that was bigger than I thought. I'll make the next one smaller