Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842657 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2850 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »
@Gwenno: looks neat. Honestly the coat is optional and really only works for when he's up in a tree.

@Kahli: I did good? Yay!
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2851 on: July 02, 2015, 09:36:03 PM »

I've never commented on your art before; I've just been simply admiring it from afar. I really like how you handle watercolours, so clean *-*
Von looks so adorable and I love the fact that you emulated Kell's artstyle perfectly ❤

Aaaand here's my part of an art trade for Curry. Karri is possibly having one of those rare moments where they're a total badass for a little while before reverting back to her usual self.

Anyone interested in an AT? That is if anyone doesn't mind waiting for a while.

Thank you so much, I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Thank you everybody for your kind words too!

Karri looks SO AWESOME!!! I love your work!

Also "art trade"?! *Ears perk up, start jumping around waving arms* Me, me, me!!! I will give you lovely watercolors if you will trade me pretty digital arts I cannot do. T_T

Edit: Nooooooooooo, I missed my 50th post!!!!  :'( I wanted to post something special...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:38:45 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2852 on: July 02, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
Ok, so Group 2 has too many people in it. I didn't want to split the group pic in two, so I had to make things a little different. So I thought "hey, what about something with people running AND perspective? I suck at drawing both, but HOW HARD CAN IT BE".
Well, after a few hours of work and long pauses to contemplate my entire existance and re-evaluate my life choices, I finished this thing.

So, the idea here is that a part of the group is happily returning from a troll hunt with a lot of kills and explosions and fire, to meet the other part of the group that stayed behind to plan something (maybe a new camp site, I don't know).

I have a lot of regrets:
I'm so sorry, everyone, for the horrible perspective.
I'm sorry, Piney, for making you a hobbit.
I'm sorry, Curry, for drawing you so tiny.
I'm sorry, Jesty, that you don't have a full body drawing on this one.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2853 on: July 02, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »
Ok, so Group 2 has too many people in it. I didn't want to split the group pic in two, so I had to make things a little different. So I thought "hey, what about something with people running AND perspective? I suck at drawing both, but HOW HARD CAN IT BE".
Well, after a few hours of work and long pauses to contemplate my entire existance and re-evaluate my life choices, I finished this thing.

So, the idea here is that a part of the group is happily returning from a troll hunt with a lot of kills and explosions and fire, to meet the other part of the group that stayed behind to plan something (maybe a new camp site, I don't know).
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH THERE'S SO MUCH GOING ON AND THE ACTION AND PERSPECTIVE AND ALL OF THE PERSONALITIES and way to go pushing yourself out of your comfort zone, girlfriend, that's something to be proud of.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2854 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:06 PM »

I have a lot of regrets:

I love it. All of it. All the faces are great and I can't stop laughing at how the second half of the group is like "...what." ;D

Also the characterization of the cleansers: Karna's running cheerfully, Maja's running fiercely, Karri's running excitedly, and Clara's running... in terror. Just yes.

And I was going to comment on my height but I see you apologized so it's okay

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2855 on: July 03, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »

This is both amazing and hilarious! I love that Johanna is just looking like, "Oh gods, what have I gotten myself into..."
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #2856 on: July 03, 2015, 12:09:11 AM »

I have a lot of regrets:

AAAAHHHHhhaahhhh! Look look! Its Alice! So pretty! I don't care, don't apologize! And it makes sense! Since Alice would be the type of person who would like to be as far away from people as possible. Shoot, she would be the type of person who wouldn't even be in frame because of her shyness. And I just feel so honored since I don't contribute much to this thread ^^'. Thank you so much  ;D. And I just have to give you extra kudos for drawing the whole crew, just...wow...
*continues to stare at art*
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2857 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:14 AM »
Eeeee Daéa that's super cute! :D

I was actually talking with callipygous about our OCs earlier today, and I felt like drawing them actually buckling down to do something and not just being doofy nerds? So wheee, expression practice it is

So here's Karna being bloodthirstier in the middle of a hunt, and there's Karri being mad at... somebody, probably. Since it was a more cold-blooded look (that is probably towards another human and not in the middle of an expedition), I also drew them a mid-cleanse look:

FIGHT FIRE CLUB GO GO GO
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2858 on: July 03, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »
Those of you doing art trades, if you don't mind waiting until August to get one, I'd like to do some art trades with you. Just let me know, here or PM is fine. And I promise I will do one for you as soon as I get back in August.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2859 on: July 03, 2015, 05:17:05 AM »
Last of the Kell's inspired work, Von is the most determined mage- nothing will stand in her way!

Noooo, not the last one :'( They were such a pretty batch of pictures! I'm so impressed with how you got the Kells style spot on

Aaaand here's my part of an art trade for Curry. Karri is possibly having one of those rare moments where they're a total badass for a little while before reverting back to her usual self.

Anyone interested in an AT? That is if anyone doesn't mind waiting for a while.
Haha, "Karri_is_da_bomb", that's an excellent name for the picture :P totally fitting! I'm loving how dynamic the whole thing is and the expression is freaking marvellous :D
As for art trade I'd definitely be up for this, and don't mind waiting if the result ends up being anywhere as cool as this ^_^

You excellent human being! This is wonderful :D I've been looking forwards to seeing your group 2 shot and it didn't disappoint. Regardless of what you say I think you did a bang on job with the perspective (and perspective is difficult stuff!), and the way you're displaying the characters seems spot on to me ^_^ (btw, headcannon is that the planning was actually devising an elaborate prank to pull on one of the other groups while we were waiting for stuff to happen…)

I was actually talking with callipygous about our OCs earlier today, and I felt like drawing them actually buckling down to do something and not just being doofy nerds? So wheee, expression practice it is

So here's Karna being bloodthirstier in the middle of a hunt, and there's Karri being mad at... somebody, probably. Since it was a more cold-blooded look (that is probably towards another human and not in the middle of an expedition), I also drew them a mid-cleanse look:

FIGHT FIRE CLUB GO GO GO
Well those are some fun expressions we're seeing  ??? Why do we let you guys around explosives again?

Those of you doing art trades, if you don't mind waiting until August to get one, I'd like to do some art trades with you. Just let me know, here or PM is fine. And I promise I will do one for you as soon as I get back in August.
Helloooooooo :P I figure I can wait until August, shall we say the trade is on then?
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2860 on: July 03, 2015, 05:29:38 AM »
Helloooooooo :P I figure I can wait until August, shall we say the trade is on then?

Yes! Yay thanks :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #2861 on: July 03, 2015, 06:21:33 AM »
Last of the Kell's inspired work, Von is the most determined mage- nothing will stand in her way!

Suddenly, you can hear something like "Kiyaaaaaaa !", which must be seen as surprise and joy. (Bonus : clapping hands and moving arms.) Alethryia, I LOVE your drawing. Thank you ! I'm always so happy to see my character by someone else eyes :) (And do you know I'm listening to the whole Kells OST because of your wonderful drawings, these last days ?)

I have a lot of regrets:

Daéa, don't be sorry, your group picture is great ! :D I love discovering new drawings from you.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2862 on: July 03, 2015, 06:49:38 AM »

I like how Alexis and Gwenno are just sitting there concerned (which isn't occ, I don't actually run on solar power), and Fimby is just staring at them like "Being concerned is for wimps."

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2863 on: July 03, 2015, 07:58:34 AM »

I have a lot of regrets:

So much awesome. Arbet with a "dear god how early is it" expression wondering why everyone insists on being up at such a horrible early time.

On a related note, anyone know how I can add this image to my signature. Copy+paste doesn't work...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:57:27 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2864 on: July 03, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
So much awesome. Arbet with a "dear god how early is it" expression wondering why everyone insists on being up at such a horrible early time.

On a related note, anyone know how I can add this image to my signature. Copy+paste doesn't work.
We've disallowed attachments for space reasons.  Could that be it?  Were you trying to attach the image to your sig?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: