Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841974 times)

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2685 on: June 28, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »
Ehhh... I'm actually quite a cheerful person in real life (or so I like to think). It's just that everything I write seems to want to turn miserable really quickly. :(
Don't apologize :) You haven't read me *Very afraid of what the persons will think about her next NaNo*
Sometimes, or often, or always, characters know better than us where they want to go ;) I love your idea here. It's... may I use "bittersweet" ? And beautiful. Peaceful, sad, and full of meaning for Julian. I'm glad you let us know him better with this story.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2686 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
DO IT. Trust me when I say I was nervous about getting involved in this thread, considering how art-heavy it is and how that stops me from doing art trades and the like. But everyone really does seem to be interested in everyone else's ssssonas here.

The sonas are quite interesting! It's kind of like a blend of Minna's comic mixed with who a person is, who they want to be, what kinds of things they have running around in their head, and other subconscious influences. It's also so fascinating to see different people's takes on displaying their own and other people's sonas. I know at least when I draw or write I always end up putting pieces of myself into it, even if I am trying not to. Anyway, that is the psychology student in me trying to claw it's way out and analyze things. I'll go tell it to be quiet :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #2687 on: June 28, 2015, 10:31:03 AM »
It's kind of like a blend of Minna's comic mixed with who a person is, who they want to be

Pyromaniacs and organic accordions.

This fandom.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2688 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
(IN FRENCH IF THAT IS AN OPTION)
Actually though, this sounds really cool! (and I need to practice French to keep my skills up over the summer, heheheh)
If you haven't sent them yet, could you add me to the recipients-list?
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2689 on: June 28, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
DO IT. Trust me when I say I was nervous about getting involved in this thread, considering how art-heavy it is and how that stops me from doing art trades and the like. But everyone really does seem to be interested in everyone else's ssssonas here.
The whole art thing freaks me out too. .-.
Still, I'm not even sure if my writing's good enough, but eh- I'm working on a bit with Solo's (very patient) encouragement, and I'll probably post it here soon.

(While I'm here, I should probably say that I really like your writing [especially the 'Fear and Loathing' piece], so, uh.. Keep going I guess?)

Mélusine

« Reply #2690 on: June 28, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »
Actually though, this sounds really cool! (and I need to practice French to keep my skills up over the summer, heheheh)
If you haven't sent them yet, could you add me to the recipients-list?
I can, but you've already read them in english, I have nothing new for this moment :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2691 on: June 28, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »
 :'(
^^° Ahem. It's what you can read in the "Self-Insert Expedition" first post. But I can send you the short novels in french if you want :)
When nobody or only two or three persons reacts, I'm the first to think I'm awfully bad/it wasn't interesting, which is stupid, but I understand you, Martti.
I'm just going to chirp in here.  :)
If any of you are feeling bad because people haven't reacted to your posts/art/stories, don't be. We are, and often times we love them.
Problem is, we just don't post it.

I know, kinda weird. But I know personally for a fact that I can see art that I really love on this forum, or read something very well written, and not post anything in response. I silently admire it in my head (or vocally by squealing out loud), but as far as the forum community is concerned, it's like I never even saw it.

I'm a lurker. As are many other people on the forum! We look, but don't say anything. I feel bad about this, because I know praise helps people feel good about their posts, and inspires them. (I've often stressed out myself because only 3 people have commented on my art, but I know more people have seen it and liked!) But it's just something I do.

Sorry long post! Long story short, keep on posting, and never be discouraged, because I guarantee, we all like it!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2692 on: June 28, 2015, 01:18:40 PM »
Pyromaniacs and organic accordions.

This fandom.

...Are you trying to insinuate something here? *innocent glance*

my english sucks for that, I would draw but no time for doing it that much, I can kind of tell a bit with bad english, but I can't write a story or something.

also I would like to make them having at least 1-2 friends from same area or something. seeing the world being so tiny now, like only few hundred people living there, that means almost everyone knows eachother in same place.
I am trying to check this. I don't know how much updated this is, some of them has so few informations

It would be updated if all y'all would send me your dang information!
I've said it two times before, and I'll repeat myself until I think I have it all:

If you've made a SSSSona in the past month or posted new art or information about your ssssona, PLEASE PM ME EITHER THE INFORMATION ITSELF OR A LINK because although I am a benevolent organization god I do not have the time to go through this gigantic fast-moving thread to get all your information!

So sorry for the gigantic text but this is my THIRD TIME SAYING THIS and I'd expect most people to skim it anyway.

EDIT: I found a list of most of the new SSSSonas that were posted, but I'm pretty sure that I missed some that were posted, so please continue to PM me new information unless I PM you first :0 Thank you guys so much, it's a bit difficult keeping up the infodump sometimes (especially because KauniitaUnia, my other mod, isn't as active here.)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:33:37 PM by Curry »
YEET

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2693 on: June 28, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
*Cowers before Curry's might*

...I will, I promise! I saw it the first time, I'm just not ready yet!!!  :o

*Flails arms and runs away*

;)

Also, I love short stories, I just happen to find art faster personally, but I live for roleplaying as a hobby and I hope there are opportunities to do so with others' SSSSonas in the future as they are all fascinating and unique, like the forum users themselves! <3
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2694 on: June 28, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
I haven't done any marker work for a while. When I did I used Rapidograph ink pens to do the line work. Then I would use a copy machine to copy it onto (what is called in the States) onion skin paper. it is finicky and easy to jam in the machine so sometimes it takes a couple of trys and I found that feeding the paper in manually (instead of putting it into the drawer) worked best. Make more than one copy so you can have practice pieces. Then I used professional markers to provide the color. The pro markers can make the Rapidograph ink run but the copy machine ink is heat set and stays in place. If you would like to see the result I can post a picture I did that is in my portfolio.

I would love to see the piece from your portfolio, funny that I haven't heard of onion skin paper paper before (live on the west coast of the U.S.)!  ;D
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2695 on: June 28, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
*Cowers before Curry's might*

...I will, I promise! I saw it the first time, I'm just not ready yet!!!  :o

*Flails arms and runs away*

;)

Also, I love short stories, I just happen to find art faster personally, but I live for roleplaying as a hobby and I hope there are opportunities to do so with others' SSSSonas in the future as they are all fascinating and unique, like the forum users themselves! <3

Ahhh I didn't mean to be intimidating D: it's just that some people have started to be a lil salty about my keeping it updated (or lack thereof), and it's getting a lil difficult to do so almost-singlehandedly. You guys post a lot of cool stuff and I am just a small bowl of curry with a touch of OCD who started this when there were like 20 ocs and now

there are 76 ocs

76 of us

7  6 that is a large amount and I still know basic details about all of you off the top of my head @_____@
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2696 on: June 28, 2015, 04:09:17 PM »
I'm not sure I'm going to do the thing. 76 is a huuge number, and counting! But here's some of it, alphabetically backwards from s, (since I already drew the ones before that. I wanted to practice poses a bit, so suddenly Starfallz was doing fencing, and SolarPoweredGirl iis -acting as a spirit guide in the dreamworld? Solokov, I really don't understand how that jacket of yours works, so if I got it horribly wrong, I hope you'll bear with me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:02:26 PM by Unlos »

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2697 on: June 28, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »
Just an FYI- I'm now helping to update the infodump (probably because I don't get to spend all my time making amazing art like you guys do) as Kauniita appears to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.
If your character bio gets even slightly messed up, feel free to shout at me.
Anyway, uh, as you were!

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2698 on: June 28, 2015, 04:37:02 PM »

there are 76 ocs

76 of us

76 people made of pure awesome

If we manage to recruit 100 we should have a party

also--//dives into the previous pages too see what she's missed//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Mélusine

« Reply #2699 on: June 28, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
If we manage to recruit 100 we should have a party
Soon. Let us a few more weeks or months. This thread is constantly growing :)