Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842100 times)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2550 on: June 23, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »
OlineLoz was looking through my sketchbook and found the initial sketch of my sona, and insisted that I post it (even though I don't really like it all that much)

(Pro tip: If you want to draw me literally all you have to do is have me standing with my toes pointed a little bit inwards, and everyone I know will immediately see that it's me)

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2551 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »
HOW COULD I?! I totally forgot about our uber important courier herding cat! Ummm, he can sit on the back of the bike, because unfortunately the basket is already occupied by Swagger (and I don't think the two of em would fit). He can watch Mimmi's rear, make sure no surprise attacks come from behind  :D
Way too many moving parts for fluff to get caught it! He might have tried it at some point and hated you forever after... but generally he's much busier picking up all the stuff Marja drops xD

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2552 on: June 23, 2015, 05:21:09 PM »
Well, here my part with the AT with mad robin!

The pose was god dang difficult x_x and the hair, as always, fun to do <3 Also, what's anatomy even. Oh well

omg, so quickly! D:
This is so darn correct pose for her.
Thank you, Red Cloud!!! :3

Sigrid Marie Ahh, it looks sooo nice!

he's much busier picking up all the stuff Marja drops xD
BEST. CAT. EVER.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2553 on: June 24, 2015, 12:49:35 AM »
So I had a weird ssss daydream while on my lunch break possibly may have been heat induced because I dozed off with the windows up and the truck off (mosquito swarms large enough to steal away the family dog).

Anyway Strelok borrowed Eich's guitar sat on top of the tank and was playing an accented version of Johhny Cashe's "God's Gonna cut you down" to a crowd of trolls while a couple of the more explosively oriented people prepped to drop a few sticks of dynamite and firebombs onto them.

Awesome dream I think.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2554 on: June 24, 2015, 01:28:55 AM »
So I had a weird ssss daydream while on my lunch break possibly may have been heat induced because I dozed off with the windows up and the truck off (mosquito swarms large enough to steal away the family dog).

Anyway Strelok borrowed Eich's guitar sat on top of the tank and was playing an accented version of Johhny Cashe's "God's Gonna cut you down" to a crowd of trolls while a couple of the more explosively oriented people prepped to drop a few sticks of dynamite and firebombs onto them.

Awesome dream I think.

This needs to be drawn now
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2555 on: June 24, 2015, 01:49:52 AM »
BEST. CAT. EVER.
I'm glad you like your Guardian Angel Cat. :)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2556 on: June 24, 2015, 01:51:15 AM »

Awesome dream I think.

Totally reminds me of this:
[youtube width=500]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNgNBsCI4EA[/youtube]
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2557 on: June 24, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
@Feartheviolas: first off awesome name, second off, I would but I don't think my art skill is up to par. Also I'm still working on the dossiers.

@sunflower: eh kinda like that, but I was thinking more kind of a pied piper effect or like that one dude in the demon cycle series whose name escapes me but could charm demons with music.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2558 on: June 24, 2015, 02:50:52 AM »
@Feartheviolas: first off awesome name, second off, I would but I don't think my art skill is up to par. Also I'm still working on the dossiers.

Thank you! I can offer my drawing skills but I also will not have much free time while I am in japan, so it could be a few weeks before I have a chance to draw it. (If someone else gets to it first that's totally okay with me)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #2559 on: June 24, 2015, 06:39:22 AM »
OlineLoz was looking through my sketchbook and found the initial sketch of my sona, and insisted that I post it (even though I don't really like it all that much)

(Pro tip: If you want to draw me literally all you have to do is have me standing with my toes pointed a little bit inwards, and everyone I know will immediately see that it's me)

Dang that's really nice. Love how you worked with a limited color palette, and the facial expression is pretty. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2560 on: June 24, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »
Heyo! Finally contributing to this thread, I've been following it for a while! Took a bit to think up my character and do some art I'm happy with, so here it goes! (This took so long why do I do this to myself, why do I research everything before I add it to art for maintaining realism, UGH character flaw)

Really pretty, I'll join the people admiring your work with coloring! I love the raven, too. And all the thoughtful details in your picture.
And wow, your ssssona reminds me of the heroine of a book series I used to read, from the pile of my mothers old books:
Spoiler: show

Martti and Trinka, can you pretty please look at this thread just a sec? I want to collect your contributions!
Sigrid Marie, good to see your work again!

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2561 on: June 24, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »

Uniform and Gear

Bio

Spoiler: show

Profession: Courier. When she was young, she loved to ride her family's antique bicycle around her village. One day, someone asked her to take something to her neighbor on her way home. She got the job done, and the feeling of importance it gave her that only a child can understand led her to offer this service to others in town. Over time, it became an unofficial job of hers amongst the whole village, receiving stipends for her services. She even began to deliver to and from the ironworks near Luleå because her father was a leather worker who crafted supplies for the ironworkers, and even to the village of Skelleftea from time to time. These long distance trips were always tainted with a fear of surprise rash-beast attacks, but since she was still technically within the confines of a cleansed area, and her skill handling a bike over rough terrain was superb, the peril only exhilarated her. She wanted to go further and further, delivering important messages to important people, seeing new things outside the confines of her town, and experiencing the beauty of the world. So she set out from her home with her family's blessings to work in Mora if she could. Things went very well there for a time, until she made a delivery to a military officer that would change her life forever...

Profession: Proficient as a mechanic. While she is not technically enlisted as a full fledged mechanic, she is very good at looking at mechanical mechanisms and figuring out how they work. Repairs her antique mountain bike when it needs love, learned a thing or two about machinery from the ironworkers at the forge she delivered to, and generally likes to learn how things work. She may not be able to fix all things, but if you are in a pinch, she'll give it her all to do the best repair she can.

Ancestry: It all started when a Swedish man fell in love with an American tourist when she came to ski in Sweden. They courted for a time, married, and moved to her home state of Oregon, America. They often took their growing family to Sweden to vacation with his relatives in their hometown of Luleå. When the rash quarantine broke out, they were stuck there, and tried to make a life for themselves in their new home.

Languages: Her ancestor made an effort to keep the culture of her homeland of America alive with her 3 children, encouraging them to keep speaking English to each other in their home while they honed their Swedish. Each child since the breakout has passed down the traditions, heirlooms, and language of their exotic, fantastical homeland known as "The U.S.A.". This was augmented by The Dictionary of American Slang, by Robert L. Chapman that their Swedish ancestor had brought along with him before the rash as holiday reading. Mimmi is now fluent in Swedish, English (and LOVES "hip" old terms her family have acquired from the book), and the Icelandic she learned in school.

Something Mimmi might say:
•   "Your hair is so fleek on point!"
•   "For serious, I can't even deal right now."
•   "The festival was off the heezie fo sheezie!"
•   "It is stupid cold outside, total bogus."
•   "That old windbag is such a turd, totally lame sauce."
•   "This chicken soup is the shiz!"
•   "You dig it hommie?"

Companion: When she was 14, she was making a delivery one day when she came across a raven chick on the ground. She looked for any sign of a mother, but finding none, she took the disheveled baby bird home to care for it. The bird grew to be strong, intelligent, and inquisitive, challenging Mimmi's patience and sanity on more than one occasion. She decided to give this bird with so much personality a name that would fit, one of the terms from her English book: Swagger. He became her constant companion, riding on the basket of her bike while she ran delivery jobs, flying letters across town, solving brain puzzles Mimmi designed, and assisting in little tasks around the house. They are the perfect power couple.

Weapons: Father demanded that if she was to go on longer delivery jobs outside the town borders, she would have to learn how to shoot a gun. Owns a 9mm pistol that she has practiced with for so long, she can hit a moving target while riding her bike. She's only had to use it twice for defense against rash-beasts, but feels safer knowing that she can use it if she ever needs to. Carries a hunting knife with her as well, for everyday use and defense if necessary.

Traits:

•   Personable & energetic, but polite. Knows to keep first encounters friendly and professional. But as she spends more time with someone, the ridiculously quirky side of her personality comes out. She will sing made up songs and a few American ones passed down through her family for any situation, and talks with her hands very dynamically. Mimmi is opposed to hugs; she'll lean on people she likes, or give them reassuring pats on the shoulder, but hugs are just something she doesn't do, and doesn't care for receiving them from others either. She's friendly once the business is out of the way. Unless you are a boss person, then it's all straight faces and salutes.

•   Addicted to antiques. Every time she would make a delivery, she'd inquire if she could look at any pre-rash stuff people had lying around, and learn a bit about it. She grabs old  things she finds lying around, even if they are falling apart or could be considered trash. One time she visited a museum in Skelleftea and saw a "turn of the century" bicycle mail courier hat and accompanying photograph. Mimmi decided that the universe was blatantly giving her a sign, and asked her leather working father to help her make a custom one to correlate to her delivery service. Thinks it's the coolest thing in the world, and loves it to death.

•   Non-believer. No magic runs in her family, not a drop of it. Doesn't believe it even exists, or the old gods either. She thinks the idea is cool, and would love to see something one day that can prove her wrong, but doesn't see that happening.

•   Loves pre-rash slang. Will use it even if no one knows what she's talking about. Which is mostly everyone, because the only old-timey slang she knows is a slapdash collection of English words. That doesn't stop her. Swears in English so no one can tell what she is saying: especially when she is startled or scared.

•   A bit vain. Likes to look good, and knows when she does. Spends too long worrying about how she looks for someone who rides a bike all day. Loves compliments, but won't tell you that. May feel overly proud of herself for her superior knowledge of pre-rash tech and culture from time to time, and can come off as a bit of a showoff. She's not trying to of course, it just comes across that way sometimes. She'll gladly teach you things she's learned, if you'll let her.

•   Kind of a snoop. If your door happens to be open, or you left a gate unlocked, she takes that as an invitation to take a peek inside. Only if she knows she won't get caught of course. Mimmi's inquisitive, loving to learn new things and explore places she's never been before.

•   Likes safety, to a degree. Won't take unnecessary risks for herself or the safety of others. A stickler for rules, and will only break them if she believes they are truly uncalled for. She has an adventurous streak, if she knows that there isn't the chance of serious harm involved in the activity. Likes to explore old places and traverse nature, crawling and hopping across all the hidden nooks and crannies. But with caution.

•   Loves animals. All the animals, even the small stupid ones. Except spiders and bugs, they die on sight. If your beast is uninfected, she'll want to pet it.

•   Takes her job too seriously. Sees delivering messages as a major cog in the military wheel, and puts a lot of stress on herself to make sure mail is received in good order and on time. Civilization could collapse if people can't communicate! Sees people who treat this responsibility flippantly or without due respect as rude and naive (looking at you mad robin).

•   Cannot spell or do math worth beans. Truly horrendous at spelling, and can't do mental math. Needs to write out the equation to solve it, even embarrassingly simple ones. Has a good eye for literature, and is rather handy with a pen when she wants to be, but it will be full of spelling errors. (Too bad SpellCheck doesn't exist in Year 90).

•   Crafting enthusiast. Will create things whenever she has the chance. Waiting between jobs to occupy her thoughts, lying in bed, or even when hanging out with people in her time off. Handy with a needle, embroidering her garments to add some flare. Will find doo-dads and trinkets and turn them into jewelry with whatever she has on hand. Sometimes she makes little sculptures out of junk and bits of nature, leaving them in random places to cheer people up. Loves to make cute accessories for herself and others, because let's face it, there is not enough pretty stuff left in this world, it's all so functional! Keeps yarn & a hook in a watertight bag with her at all times to work on a new crocheting project, and is always on the hunt for cool yarn and cloth.

It's kinda long, but I think she's a fun character
Wow, this is beautiful! I love all the details you added and that raven looks amazing OwO

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2562 on: June 24, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »
Jeeze--how am I up posed to keep up with this thread when every time I'm away for a couple days I find it filled to the brim with even more awesome?
@ A@
//staggers and falls into the amazing arts that were posted while she was away//

Also--I know that I owe Haiz and RealRedCloudYT art trades (which I should be able to do at least one of today, now that I have some time) but was there anyone else I owed a trade to? I'm trying to write them into a note on my phone right now so I don't forget--my sister reminded me that I have a couple out outstanding art requests I promised to do for a couple of her friends too, so I figured I should keep better track of this stuff xP

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2563 on: June 24, 2015, 02:39:51 PM »
THANKS YOU'RE ALL SO NICE

Trinka AAAAAAAAA  MIMMI IS ADORABLE! YOU'RE ADORABLE! AAAAAAAAAA
sorry, I obviously have some problems with self-control but...
ANOTHER COURIER WHEEEEEE HELLO HELLO HELLO

HELLO HELLO TO YOU! Yay for couriers, they are super important! Your character gave me inspiration for what I thought I could be (because risking life and limb to go out and battle monsters all day? nuh-uh, no way i could do that IRL), so yay for that too!

I'm sure Mimmi and Marja will be friends, as soon as she can move past your *ahem* somewhat shoddy methods of mail delivery. She just needs to get off her high horse and relax a little  ::) The two are just too fun and cute to not be friends  :)

Blanket for all saying you guys are so cool and awesome! Never stop <3
Alrighty then, I promise not to stop!

Way too many moving parts for fluff to get caught it! He might have tried it at some point and hated you forever after... but generally he's much busier picking up all the stuff Marja drops xD
And I'm sure that as soon as the poor baby got stuck in the spokes Mimmi would have stopped the bike and been pleading as the cat skulked away,
"NO KITTY I'M SORRY IT WASN'T MY FAULT I LOVE YOU PLEASE COME BACK FORGIVE MEEEEEE!!!"

I've accidentally stepped on my own cat's tail once or twice, and I guarantee I've groveled just like that. He holds grudges  :'(

Really pretty, I'll join the people admiring your work with coloring! I love the raven, too. And all the thoughtful details in your picture.
And wow, your ssssona reminds me of the heroine of a book series I used to read, from the pile of my mothers old books:

Aaawww, thanks! I'm glad so many people like the little details, I stressed out way too much over them...   OTL
And yay for Ravens, it was a little daunting having to color a black animal, but I'm glad he came out so well  :D

OHMYGOOOOOODDDDD, SHE'S THE CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEEENNN!
hhhhhnnnnn
YES, YES, YES, that girl is the MOST BEST. That's exactly what I was going for, she's like EXACTLY what I wish I looked like! HOW DID YOU KNOW??? I need to read more Norwegian literature. Mimmi would also most definitely wear that outfit, and sit in that exact pose.
ohmygosh she's so cute

Wow, this is beautiful! I love all the details you added and that raven looks amazing OwO
THANK YOU

Jeeze--how am I supposed to keep up with this thread when every time I'm away for a couple days I find it filled to the brim with even more awesome?
@A@
//staggers and falls into the amazing arts that were posted while she was away//
*Accepts your fall with open arms*

I definitely want to add more to this thread in the days/weeks to come, so many potentially fun scenarios to act out! I'm sorry in advance if I get anything slightly out of character
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2564 on: June 24, 2015, 04:10:28 PM »
Okay, so a few weeks ago I decided to pull myself together and finally draw all the self-inserts like I've been meaning to. I managed to do...four. And then it just sort of stopped :I

Part of the reason why I lost my motivation is because the drawings in this thread aren't organized (not that I expected them to be, of course), which makes it kind of hard to find the references I need. And I can't even keep a line of thought for very long, much less organize all these characters in a way that makes it possible for me to draw them cx

I will try again later, though. Probably when I get back from North Norway in a few weeks ;3