Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841232 times)

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2355 on: June 16, 2015, 04:50:41 PM »
And does anyone want to do more art trades with me? I'm a bit slow because work is doing this to my spare time, but I love doing them!
I wouldn't mind doing an art trade, though it might take me a while as well. And if anyone wants to do an art trade with me, it would be very welcome as I will have a small sketchbook that I need to fill over the summer!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2356 on: June 16, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »

From the logistics side of things. Bosse is helping! I forgot his collar, but imagine it being lost in his fur or something..

And does anyone want to do more art trades with me? I'm a bit slow because work is doing this to my spare time, but I love doing them!

I can still see her face... I believe you are underestimating his fluffiness!! Also, I can fully believe his collar being hidden in his fur xD

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2357 on: June 16, 2015, 07:56:10 PM »
Haiz is significantly more experienced a mage than Lára.
And Lára is a very obtuse student.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2358 on: June 16, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »

Reading these always brings a smile to my face.
"I swear to various deities" I love it. Can I use that? :P
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2359 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:03 PM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland! Originally I started to paint one picture but more characters kept joining the team, so in the end I just painted each one, cut the pictures out and propped onto a piece of paper... except one piece wasn't enough, which is why it has those obvious lines BUT let's pretend it doesn't matter.
To set the proper mood, here's the national anthem of Iceland... and here's the unofficial national anthem that you hear wayyyyy more on the 17th June. :D In fact you rarely hear the real one, it's the Hæ hó jibbí jei that's played everywhere.

No one's wearing their work uniform because the National Day is definitely not for working. Some SSSSsonas didn't have a picture available so I went with whatever I had of them instead, and I reallyreallyreally hope I caught everyone whose character is Icelandic...

From left to right

Lára Árnadóttir (RTR) and a crucial part of the day, the cotton candy. It's everywhere. And yes, it does tend to come in blue, pink and white...

Sóley (Viola) trying to make sure the demons behave. It's a bit hard with loud crowds everywhere and all kinds of interesting things to see.

Sonja Eiríksdóttir (Noodly) and Lenny showing both their colours and the typical weather on the National Day - windy. Soooo windy.

Jón Llewelynsson (Para) getting pelted in the face with a mysteriously appearing bag of cotton candy.

Maja Yarasdóttir (SPG) - the snowy owl was left home because it liked to sleep during the days and huge, noisy crowds might upset it.

Katja Svönnudóttir (KMK): every year she thinks she can handle the crowds, every year she ends up stuck in one wishing she could go home. Her cat sympathizes.

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Silenter) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

Día Vikarsdóttir (Daéa), Karl Manúelsson (Dane Murgen) and Ari (Almond Goddess), more lounging around. A properly trained falcon can be sent to do your whole group's cotton candy purchases for you!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:11:07 PM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2360 on: June 16, 2015, 08:10:30 PM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland! Originally I started to paint one picture but more characters kept joining the team, so in the end I just painted each one, cut the pictures out and propped onto a piece of paper... except one piece wasn't enough, which is why it has those obvious lines BUT let's pretend it doesn't matter.
To set the proper mood, here's the national anthem of Iceland... and here's the unofficial national anthem that you hear wayyyyy more on the 17th June. :D In fact you rarely hear the real one, it's the Hæ hó jibbí jei that's played everywhere.

No one's wearing their work uniform because the National Day is definitely not for working. Some SSSSsonas didn't have a picture available so I went with whatever I had of them instead, and I reallyreallyreally hope I caught everyone whose character is Icelandic...

From left to right

Lára Árnadóttir (RTR) and a crucial part of the day, the cotton candy. It's everywhere. And yes, it does tend to come in blue, pink and white...

Sóley (Viola) trying to make sure the demons behave. It's a bit hard with loud crowds everywhere and all kinds of interesting things to see.

Sonja Eiríksdóttir (Noodly) and Lenny showing both their colours and the typical weather on the National Day - windy. Soooo windy.

Jón Llewelynsson (Para) getting pelted in the face with a mysteriously appearing bag of cotton candy.

Maja Yarasdóttir (SPG) - the snowy owl was left home because it liked to sleep during the days and huge, noisy crowds might upset it.

Katja Svönnudóttir (KMK): every year she thinks she can handle the crowds, every year she ends up stuck in one wishing she could go home. Her cat sympathizes.

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Sil) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

Día Vikarsdóttir (Daéa), Karl Manúelsson (Dane Murgen) and Ari (Almond Goddess), more lounging around. A properly trained falcon can be sent to do your whole group's cotton candy purchases for you!
OOH (yes, I'm going to keep saying that)
Love the colours!
Also, the fact that Jón is tall, gawky and even has hair that's similar to mine is super-cool, how did you knoooow? (you even included the glasses, ahh, thanks; it's genuinely pretty much how I imagined him, (ie: me, but somehow more awkward and Icelandic))
This whole picture is just amazing, though, I'm a teensy bit jealous.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:12:59 PM by ParanormalAndroid »

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2361 on: June 16, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »

From left to right

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Sil) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

Clara also wants some cotton candy.  :D (look to the left)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:34:03 PM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2362 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:13 PM »
EEEEEEEEEE I LOVE IT! *waves tiny Icelandic flag*

I'm thinking tomorrow (cuz here it's still the 16th) maybe I will post some information about Icelandic history/culture and stuff over in the Icelandic thread. Also I should record that poem... aren't poem readings a thing on Þjóðhátíðardagurinn? I should do that.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2363 on: June 16, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

From the logistics side of things. Bosse is helping! I forgot his collar, but imagine it being lost in his fur or something..

Nice scene! And that cat must be heavy... Or is it just fur? Anyway, this is pretty! :)

I really like your comics! This is really good!

From left to right

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Silenter) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

So beautiful!! Wow, how much time did it take to paint all of this?
Nevermind! You are amazing! *-*
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2364 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland!
No one's wearing their work uniform because the National Day is definitely not for working.

I love it!  Cute Icelandic sweaters and boots for everyone!  Except for Sonja, Maja and Karl -- are they wearing historic garb?  They look great too.

I listened to both your links and while I think the official Icelandic National Anthem is lovely (that arrangement is very Mendelssohn-ish, or maybe a Lutheran chorale is what it reminds me of), who can resist a song whose chorus goes, "Hi ho yippee yay!"  (What's the translation of the rest of it?)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2365 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:51 PM »

From left to right

First of all, you are an incredible artist.
And secondly, Lára will eat every bite of cotton candy she can while singing Hæ hó jibbí jei until those around her beg for mercy.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2366 on: June 16, 2015, 09:06:32 PM »
Para: woop, glad I managed an ok painting of your chara - you described him fairly well, that's how!

Piney: Clara is entirely invited to partake in the cotton candy, in fact anyone who's around is more than welcome to the party. This is a great addition to the picture. :D

Viola: this sounds like a great plan, don't forget your flag!

Daéa: I kind of... painted it little by little so I'm not sure how long it took after all. Thank you!

Sunflower: much agreed. The national anthem is fine, but the other one fits the mood of the day better.

A quick translation would go that "the flowers pop up to gulp down sunlight, summer rapture and half a year until Christmas. In their hearts people are happy and sing a little song, for the Republic of Iceland has birthday today.

Next it mentions Jón Sigurðsson, who has the nickname president despite never having been one, and Fjallkonan (= Mountain Lady, a mythological figure that represents Iceland) reading a poem. Selecting an important woman is an annual tradition on the 17th, she dresses up in the national dress and recites a poem.

Then it goes on about parades and music, small children with balloons and - if I'm correct - older ones with drinks and tobacco. Hot sausages are also mentioned as a stable treat of the day.

Lastly dancing goes on until the night with expensive entertainers from the south. Only rain can end the day's happiness, for when the gates of heaven open everyone goes home... which, alas, is another stable of the National Day, it rains so often...

RTR: thank you! I see you have the correct idea of how the day should be celebrated, that's exactly what I plan to do too.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2367 on: June 16, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »
can anyone tell me how to see all of them organized? I have no time to read and check all of the 150+ pages, but I would like to understnad what is going on here.......
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2368 on: June 16, 2015, 09:27:33 PM »
can anyone tell me how to see all of them organized? I have no time to read and check all of the 150+ pages, but I would like to understnad what is going on here.......

I think this might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gacf9446b3_2_93

It's got everyone in it and little bios and stuff :)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2369 on: June 16, 2015, 09:33:08 PM »
I think this might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gacf9446b3_2_93

It's got everyone in it and little bios and stuff :)

thanks fear I was about to try and link to it!

Martti, this thread is a thread for all of us making characters based off ourselves and putting them in the SSSS world! For example, I'm an ex-mage Norwegian cleanser who loved science and has too much hair. There are lots of people with really co different jobs (Unlos is an apple farmer, almond-goddess is a falconer, lots of really cool niche professions) but you can see the general spread of professions in the document (LOTS of academics if the fighting life isn't for you.) It might not be updated, I'm away and I'm not sure how much KauniitaUnia is on :\
YEET