Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843179 times)

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2205 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
Laufey, sooooooo... Aska and Sindri wanted to go for a piggy-back ride, and I had a hard time saying no. I hope you don't mind.

Fear, this is hilarious and adorable.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2206 on: June 12, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
I never thought I'd be saying that a troll and two demons are cute, but there's no denying the facts. They're sooooooo cute! It looks like they're having a ton of fun, too. :)

ahsgfkahsgfajhsgfa this is SO CUTE I mean what, my trollsona itself is decidedly non-cute. How did you make it cute. ;D
(lITtle DemoNs aRe frIEnds)

Fear, this is hilarious and adorable.

Yay, I'm so glad you guys like it! And Laufey thank you for letting the demons be your friends :)

I have a thing that I want to post, but first I should clarify where it came from first. I got my little sister into SSSS and she drew a sona. She's a bit of a lurker, and hasn't made a profile here yet, but she asked me if I could post it here so you guys could see it. So without further ado, here is my sister as a sona:

(as you can see she is much more of a digital drawer than I am, she teaches me about the internet)
I am going to ask that you don't put it on the pintrest just because it is not my art work to give permission for.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2207 on: June 12, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »
I have a thing that I want to post, but first I should clarify where it came from first. I got my little sister into SSSS and she drew a sona. She's a bit of a lurker, and hasn't made a profile here yet, but she asked me if I could post it here so you guys could see it. So without further ado, here is my sister as a sona:

(as you can see she is much more of a digital drawer than I am, she teaches me about the internet)
I am going to ask that you don't put it on the pintrest just because it is not my art work to give permission for.

Hey, cool! Your sister should totally make an account so we can add her to the SSSS family!  ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2208 on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
I'm just going to put out a blanket and say that all the latest drawings have been super-great, so.. Keep it up, I guess?
Also, *two* Laufeytrolls? Love the fact that it's basically an angry accordion with a face, moar please!

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2209 on: June 12, 2015, 08:30:46 PM »
RTR's Lauftroll chase inspired me a bit and since I didn't really feel like sleeping yet - (famous last words)

(Characters are a mix from groups 2 and 3 because according to Curry those two overlap somewhat.)

Lauftroll basics: it's basically built for ambush but it does have some weak points regarding that, too.

It's really bad at estimating correct height of a target for example, especially if the target moves suddenly.

Another problem: it's used to prey that tries to get away. If you don't move it practically can't see you, and since it doesn't really have any feeling left in the arm parts it can't really tell if a non-moving object is edible or not.

It is really good at spotting movement, however.

Estimated outcome: an all out battle involving Gwenno in usual berserk mode.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #2210 on: June 12, 2015, 08:40:21 PM »
RTR's Lauftroll chase inspired me a bit and since I didn't really feel like sleeping yet - (famous last words)

(Characters are a mix from groups 2 and 3 because according to Curry those two overlap somewhat.)

Lauftroll basics: it's basically built for ambush but it does have some weak points regarding that, too.

It's really bad at estimating correct height of a target for example, especially if the target moves suddenly.

Another problem: it's used to prey that tries to get away. If you don't move it practically can't see you, and since it doesn't really have any feeling left in the arm parts it can't really tell if a non-moving object is edible or not.

Hmmm... good to know. *nods pensively*
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2211 on: June 12, 2015, 08:41:54 PM »

(All of my siblings come over to see why I'm laughing so hard)
It's good to know that I would survive Lauftroll!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:12:21 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2212 on: June 12, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »

(wonderful pictures)

These are great! I enjoyed reading them. :) Hopefully there will be more encounters with the Lauftroll as our respective groups set out on more adventures.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2213 on: June 12, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »
ahsgfkahsgfajhsgfa this is SO CUTE I mean what, my trollsona itself is decidedly non-cute. How did you make it cute. ;D
(lITtle DemoNs aRe frIEnds)
Perfect picture, perfect reaction!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2214 on: June 12, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
All I have to say is that Alexis is an idiot.

And that, my friends is how you end up in the Silent World.

And jesty, your SI is just way too fun to draw! (That crap face in the second panel is the best thing I've ever drawn)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2215 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:33 PM »
I have been gone 5ever because internet was not a thing for me. Things I want to do now that I'm back:

- Get current with SSSSona activities
- Get drawn/draw Ilmari as a Finnish mage for magesonas (he'd be on the border of not-mage/mage anyway)
- Post a picture of Sam, my cat, so he can have an SSSSona too! (I love Sam, but I'm thinking he's a class C cat, maaaybe B )
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2216 on: June 13, 2015, 01:08:00 AM »
also:

Gwenno This was great to come back to after not being able to come on for so long.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2217 on: June 13, 2015, 01:09:55 AM »

Haha, this is awesome 8D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2218 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:56 AM »
RandomTexanReader, KicknRun and Laufey: Great comics!

Petronella and Dayseerose, may I ask you to look here for a sec? And Feartheviolas: lovely laufeytroll is very good for giving rides to itty bitty demons! They're all so cute. As for your sisters self-insert, I won't pin it until she gets on this forum herself and grants permission :)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2219 on: June 13, 2015, 03:47:58 AM »

I was going to accuse you of writing me OOC but... it's not. it's not OOC at all I'm so ashamed

also lovely informative comic about the lauftroll's abilities!
you'll know where to find me.