Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841391 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2130 on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:30 PM »
Okay, it's probably about time I got to this. I can't draw, I'm sorry, so I'll mostly be relying on Koalalou (who is most best) for art purposes.

Spoiler: show

(The one on the left)

Name:............................Sabrina
Nationality:...........................U.S.
Area of Birth:.....................Maine
Immunity:.............................Yes
Profession:.....Cartographer/Scout
Language(s):...English (American)

Bio:
Born and raised off the coast of Maine, Sabrina spent much of her youth confined to her little island. She had always loved to explore, which was a luxury that had been largely denied to her. It was common to find her sitting in a tree or on a bluff, staring wistfully at the mainland. Before long, she had become familiar with all of the nooks and crannies of the island. During the next few years, a new hobby began to manifest--she began sketching. At first it was just small sketches of her favorite places or what she could see of the mainland and the other islands. As she became more familiar with scale and distances, however, a new idea came to her. She began making maps. At the beginning, their focus was broad, encompassing the entire island. This quickly became repetitive, however, and she quickly moved on to smaller, more highly detailed drawings.

When she became old enough for military service, the choice seemed very natural to her. She signed up a few days after her birthday, and after three of the longest days of her life, she was finally sailing away from the island where she had spent her entire life. Though excited, she couldn't help but feel a tremendous sense of loss at the same time. Things got even worse when she arrived at the military base that would be her home for the next few weeks--as soon as she stepped off the boat, there was a drill sergeant shouting orders at her. She had known it wasn't going to be a picnic, but she hadn't been prepared for that. From there, though, things slowly got better. She began to get used to the discipline and the training, and before she knew it, basic training was over.

She found herself on another boat, this one heading east. Her skillset had earned her a position as a scout, and she was assigned to a detachment that was working closely with the Canadian military. Over the next few years, she was finally able to fulfill her dream of seeing the mainland. Perhaps more importantly, however, it was there that she met Shane Lou. The two quickly became best friends, and Sabrina would request to work with her whenever possible. It was during this time that she found herself on a ship blown far off course and approaching a strange land...

I really like this bio! :D You've been added to the infodump!
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2131 on: June 09, 2015, 10:24:22 PM »
Okay, it's probably about time I got to this. I can't draw, I'm sorry, so I'll mostly be relying on Koalalou (who is most best) for art purposes.

(The one on the left)

Name:............................Sabrina
Nationality:...........................U.S.
Area of Birth:.....................Maine
Immunity:.............................Yes
Profession:.....Cartographer/Scout
Language(s):...English (American)

Bio:
Born and raised off the coast of Maine, Sabrina spent much of her youth confined to her little island. She had always loved to explore, which was a luxury that had been largely denied to her. It was common to find her sitting in a tree or on a bluff, staring wistfully at the mainland. Before long, she had become familiar with all of the nooks and crannies of the island. During the next few years, a new hobby began to manifest--she began sketching. At first it was just small sketches of her favorite places or what she could see of the mainland and the other islands. As she became more familiar with scale and distances, however, a new idea came to her. She began making maps. At the beginning, their focus was broad, encompassing the entire island. This quickly became repetitive, however, and she quickly moved on to smaller, more highly detailed drawings.

When she became old enough for military service, the choice seemed very natural to her. She signed up a few days after her birthday, and after three of the longest days of her life, she was finally sailing away from the island where she had spent her entire life. Though excited, she couldn't help but feel a tremendous sense of loss at the same time. Things got even worse when she arrived at the military base that would be her home for the next few weeks--as soon as she stepped off the boat, there was a drill sergeant shouting orders at her. She had known it wasn't going to be a picnic, but she hadn't been prepared for that. From there, though, things slowly got better. She began to get used to the discipline and the training, and before she knew it, basic training was over.

She found herself on another boat, this one heading east. Her skillset had earned her a position as a scout, and she was assigned to a detachment that was working closely with the Canadian military. Over the next few years, she was finally able to fulfill her dream of seeing the mainland. Perhaps more importantly, however, it was there that she met Shane Lou. The two quickly became best friends, and Sabrina would request to work with her whenever possible. It was during this time that she found herself on a ship blown far off course and approaching a strange land...

Yesyesyes I love it! Omg I'm so excited I feel like I'm gonna scream xD
We shall be the most best team of foreign scouts ever asdfghasdfs //rolls around//

And I love how you wrote it and and andandandand I need to go draw more Shane and Bree misadventures and finish that first image omg //rolls away to do this now//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2132 on: June 10, 2015, 02:18:57 AM »
YES.
Bonus:
Haiz: "What's my rune for keeping away mosquitoes doing by the cooking pot??? And why is it upside down?"
Lára: "Oh... I thought it looked a little weird for a cooking rune."
Ruth: "Sofie's doing all of the cooking from now on."
Did I just get promoted in my absence? :P
Sofie would definitely want to try using runes, but would end up watching the pot anyway >_>

because DancingRanger and I were talking about it in the squad thread and it needed to be done

So cute ^w^

RIGHTO finally some visible movement on my art trade front; mad robin drew me wayyyyyyy back in this thread and I decided to make it a trade:

IT'S A MARJA
Adorable! :D That parcel looks like it has been through a lot xD

one down, one to go...

here's my side of the art trade for Gwenno, plus bonus of still-sketchy, to clean lines, to coloured!

I really like the pose - so dynamic! :D

Wowowow! Haiz, koalalou!!! Awesome art as always. Can't say how much you guys inspire me. *v*

TROLL!!

Weeee! This is for you, Gwenno! Enthusiastically excited to bash a troll's head in mid air while your majestic braids fly around and making lots of noise because why not? You need a spectacular entrance right?  ;)

This is my first time drawing dynamic poses, I hope it looks okay >.< But I had lots of fun drawing your character! ;D
And ahhhh! Alice and you are gonna be in the same Expedition Group. She's gonna be very nervous excited to meet you \o/
So cute! I like your style :D And it's your first time with a dynamic pose?? I think it looks wonderful!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2133 on: June 10, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »
I finished my drawing for my self insert. It took way too long to draw and it is really simple because I am new to this electronic drawing apps thing but here it is.

Arrrggghhh I just realized that the eyes are crooked and a bit wonky. I hate drawing 2 eves which is why most of my characters are missing an eye.

Character Info:

Name: Huntra Silvers
Nationality: unknown
Area of birth: unknown
Languages: Can't talk and hates writing
Profession: Mage
Immunity: Yes
Weapons: Magic, knives, and a long bow

Character Bio:

No one know where Huntra came from because she has never told anyone. She grew up in a forest running from trolls and hunting for her own food. Huntra never liked guns they were too loud and heavy. Huntra taught her self magic through trial and massive error. Huntra's past is unknown.
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

Unlos

• Tumblr
Re: Bosse
« Reply #2134 on: June 10, 2015, 02:29:23 PM »
Wee, I've only been on the forum on my phone for a couple of days, where for some reason half the images never show up. But now I have a bit of time in front of the computer without a very cute but sadly sound-wise twin of Blorp next to me so I can browse the threads again. Great new stuff!

OKAYOKAYOKAY I'LL DO IT!

My OC:

BOSSE

---------------------

In his free time, Bosse likes to eat things smaller than himself, lay down, and keep himself well groomed to maintain a professional appearance.

Dibs on drawing Bosse from this much-used template:

Petronella

« Reply #2135 on: June 10, 2015, 02:49:47 PM »
ok so i managed to email myself the picture of my self insert Iina
the bright colours in the uniform are in case she falls overboard, and needs to be as visible as possible for the people trying to rescue her. The gun is for shooting sea beast (and sometimes seagulls or other birds if the food is scarce)

however, as you might se, im not a really good artist (noses? eyelashes? drawing in general? how?) so i made some better ones on a dollmaker site. All the image credit goes to dolldivine.com, the games are called "Lotr & hobbit" and "Adventurer" and can be found in the fantasy category.
The hair lenght in the second one is a bit too long, but i guess you get the general idea of how she looks?

Native language: :sweden:
Fluent(p. much at least): :uk:
Learning: :finland: :spain:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2136 on: June 10, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »

Weeee! This is for you, Gwenno! Enthusiastically excited to bash a troll's head in mid air while your majestic braids fly around and making lots of noise because why not? You need a spectacular entrance right?  ;)

This is my first time drawing dynamic poses, I hope it looks okay >.< But I had lots of fun drawing your character! ;D
And ahhhh! Alice and you are gonna be in the same Expedition Group. She's gonna be very nervous excited to meet you \o/
Waaaaah! This is so cool and I love it!!!! First time drawing dynamic poses is a complete success  ;D You've got all the things spot on and the little detail of "Gwenno" at the bottom of the shoe is scarily accurate (I've a habit of modifying my stuff in a similar fashion IRL actually  :o ) You've captured all the fun she gets out of troll hunting perfectly and the expression is just golden.
Also TEAMMATES! Alice shouldn't be too nervous ^_^ most of the crazy is just over the top enthusiasm, and you will be well protected from trolls while in the danger zone I assure you (not that Alice seems to need much protection)! I'm pretty sure Gwenno would love to have a go at throwing knives with her as well (although undoubtedly with far less success, because ya know, practice and such other important stuff :P ). Heh, anyway will remember this for when I eventually get round to drawing a group picture :)

Oooh, interesting. It's also nice to see how you two will end up joining the rest of us, and as a cartographer in a new land there's definitely a lot of fun to be had :)

I finished my drawing for my self insert. It took way too long to draw and it is really simple because I am new to this electronic drawing apps thing but here it is.

And yet another shady person who doesn't want to delve into their past joins our motley crew…  Hmmm, well at least she must be mostly capable seeing as she survived in the forest for years, and that's one of the most important things! Welcome to the crew (again I suppose, because more infos now etc.)! The eyes really don't look that bad to me

ok so i managed to email myself the picture of my self insert Iina [spoiler]
Aaaaand this got posted while I was typing ^_^
Hunting sea beasts, well that's a new one, but definitely needed to be fair! (good idea on the bright clothes, our lecturers keep making us wear high viz jackets for similar reasons when in the field - we are obviously not trusted as responsible adults yet *sigh*) I actually really like the picture you made yourself, it's really drawn softly, and you did eyelashes and proper lips which I'm usually too lazy to do so kudos to you :) but the other ones are nice for seeing the whole body so guess that's good to have as well
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2137 on: June 10, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »
Petronella and Huntra, welcome to the group! You've been added to the infodump. Huntra, may I advise you to check out this thread right here? :3c
YEET

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2138 on: June 10, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
Wee, I've only been on the forum on my phone for a couple of days, where for some reason half the images never show up. But now I have a bit of time in front of the computer without a very cute but sadly sound-wise twin of Blorp next to me so I can browse the threads again. Great new stuff!

Dibs on drawing Bosse from this much-used template:

Yes! Please draw Bosse! I'm not good with the drawing stuff! Also, that picture is so adorably hilarious!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2139 on: June 10, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »
Yes! Please draw Bosse! I'm not good with the drawing stuff! Also, that picture is so adorably hilarious!

THIS! I'd love to have something real to put on the infodump instead of my terrible absolutely amazing edit.
YEET

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #2140 on: June 10, 2015, 05:25:27 PM »
That's adorable jesty! I love her expression! x3
This is ADORABLE!!! I really love your art style so much <3 It's so cute and happy and hhhh yes
So cute! I like your style :D And it's your first time with a dynamic pose?? I think it looks wonderful!
Ahhh! Thanks you! I am glad that her pose turned out okay. ;D And my art style is cute and adorable, eh? Well lets see what happens when I bring out the big guns and all the blood and gory *rubs hands together* MUAHAHAHA!!!
*ahem*
Waaaaah! This is so cool and I love it!!!! First time drawing dynamic poses is a complete success  ;D You've got all the things spot on and the little detail of "Gwenno" at the bottom of the shoe is scarily accurate (I've a habit of modifying my stuff in a similar fashion IRL actually  :o ) You've captured all the fun she gets out of troll hunting perfectly and the expression is just golden.
Also TEAMMATES! Alice shouldn't be too nervous ^_^ most of the crazy is just over the top enthusiasm, and you will be well protected from trolls while in the danger zone I assure you (not that Alice seems to need much protection)! I'm pretty sure Gwenno would love to have a go at throwing knives with her as well (although undoubtedly with far less success, because ya know, practice and such other important stuff :P ). Heh, anyway will remember this for when I eventually get round to drawing a group picture :)

I am happy that you liked it Gwenno!! I didn't know what to do with the bottom of the shoe and didn't want to leave it plain, so I just wrote your name \o/ (I did the same thing with Karri by sewing her name on her collar, and I guess I will do something similar like that for everyone that I draw).
Well, about Alice, she gets nervous about everything and everyone no matter what. Just takes a while to get use to things. But she can break away from that nervousness when people are intrigued at what Alice is most best at: throwing knives!  ;D
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

VAINAMOINEN

• Super-Newbie
  • Just your average ancient hero
« Reply #2141 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:14 PM »
This isn't really a self insert character, but I think he still belongs here.
Anyhow, meet Teovald Veggerson!

Nationality: Norwegian
Area of Birth: Liekanger
Sex: Male
Immunity: No
Profession: biologist 
Languages: Norwegian, Icelandic, Swedish

Appearance
Height: 5 feet, 8 inches
Eye color: blue with green flecks
Hair color: Salt and pepper

Biography: Teovald is the son of a Norwegian man and a Swedish woman who was stuck in Norway following the outbreak of the rash. As a child Teovald always wanted to be a troll hunter and travel the world, but he could not realize those dreams because he didn't have immunity. His sister Vala was in a similar situation but instead of accepting her fate she ran away from home with fake ID and successfully joined the army. Unfortunately, she was killed shortly thereafter in the summer of year 43. Teovald took this news very badly, further crushing his hopes of one day leaving Norway.
"Vala was so stupid... but so brave. I always looked up to her, even after she died."
Teovald was a gifted student and excelled in science, specifically biology. He combined this with his love of animals and pursued a career as a veterinarian for the military. After completing his training Teovald worked with the army, but left after only a few years because he couldn't handle seeing so many cats hurt. Teovald then decided he wanted to pursue his fascination with animals further and went back to university in Aurland where he got his masters in biology and his Ph.D specializing in the study of trolls. During this time Teovald worked with troll hunters to collect specimens for study.
"Of course they do their jobs well, they barely leave any troll left for me to take back to the lab."
During this time Teovlad met his husband, Frei, a hunter captain at the time. They were married in the winter of year 70. Frei usually spent the summers in Sweden working with the Cleansers, Teovlad would have gone with him if it weren't for the international travel ban for the non-immune. Teovlad devoted these long, lonely summers to his research and eventually became one of the foremost experts on the biology of trolls. He has worked extensively with other researchers in Iceland and Sweden but never gotten to see what they've been working on in person. During this time Teovlad also started a retirement home for military cats. When the travel ban was lifted Teovlad was eager to begin traveling the world and fulfilling his childhood dreams. So far he has spent a few months in Reykjavik working in a lab, half a year traveling through the rest of Iceland, and done six four month tours of Sweden. He plans to go to Denmark and Finland but he's still waiting for the right opportunity. 
"I've accomplished so much but my life felt so small until now, now a whole universe I've only read about in books has opened up."

Personality: Teovlad is generally goop natured and energetic, especially now that he's allowed to travel. Teovlad approaches everything with enthusiasm, passion, and a light hearted attitude but is liable to get very angry if something seriously upsets or annoys him, which is not very often. Teovlad still struggles with feelings of isolation and loneliness that have troubled him through most of his life. Right now his major struggle is with the sheer size of the world, there are so many things he wants to do but fears he will have the time to do before he either dies or becomes to weak to travel safely. 

Cats!
Teovlad owns 3 cats and many more live in his cat retirement home
Munin: One of Frei's old cats, he is 10 years old. Munin is tremendously lazy, but stalwart and brave in the face of danger. While noble, this trait has cost Munin an eye.
Still he remains friendly and approachable despite his numerous scars. Though he has not been deployed in a long time Munin still becomes calm and professional when danger is near. 

Hugin: Hugin is Munin's sister, they were part of the same litter. Hugin has unusually keen senses, even for a cat and is always restless. Hugin barley seems barley able to stand still, making petting her very difficult.

Kuller: Kuller used to belong to a Finnish officer who retired in Norway. Long story short, Kuller is a very bad cat. He is bad tempered and eager to fight. Kuller's saving grace is that he is an absolutely ferocious fighter. Which while useful in the field this has proved troublesome at home, prompting Teovlad to keep Kuller in his own home and away from the other cats (well except Munin and Hugin).
Languages: :uk:
I might just know English but I'm very good at it!

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2142 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:18 PM »
I finished my art trade with Noodly woot! If anyone is interested I'm open for art/writing trades.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2143 on: June 10, 2015, 11:56:55 PM »
I finished my art trade with Noodly woot! If anyone is interested I'm open for art/writing trades.
AAAAAAAAAAAA I HAVE A TRANSLUCENT OCTOPUS! AND HE'S FREAKING ADORABLE! *face squish*
Much thanks, this is so perfect I can't even words ^u^
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

daiseerose

« Reply #2144 on: June 11, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »

my ssssona~
name: klarissa
nationality:danish
job: medic
immunity:yes
language: danish and a little bit of finnish 

appearance: brown hair hazel eyes.
height: 4''7' weight : 83lbs
backstory:
she comes from a long line of medics, starting with her great great grandfather, who survived the rash illness, and decided to stay in Denmark. she grew up in the town of copenhagen, with another sibling, who died in an early age due to an accident. all her family lives next to each other, but she insisted on moving further away, because she couldn't deal with all the loud noises and family drama.so she moved away,and she now lives by herself, with cats, and is leading a quiet life.
personality: she is quite shy, and hates loud noises, big crowds, and rude people.
she is super nice, but if you attack any of her friends, family, or cats, she will destroy you :)
she is an organized person, and has a calming affect on people
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:39:13 AM by daiseerose »