Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842512 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1950 on: June 06, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »
You already know my thoughts on this. There aren't enough "eeeee"s in the world to properly how much amazing is contained within these 774x1032 pixels.

(My guess is that we were supposed to be heading towards a sandy beach but somehow found ourselves sitting on a pile of rocks)
My guess is that you have it open in an extra tab to state at since you don't have direct access to my sketchbook at the moment xD

And yeah, that sounds about right xD

Me: "I told you that tree wasn't the right shape!"
You: "Shane, you said to go past the funny-shaped tree along the river. That's what we did. Unless you meant this river, here..."
Me: "...I dunno. Does that one have a tree that looks like one of those hula dancers we've read about?"
You: "...Well, this one looks more like a looming creature of some sort..."
Me: "So we're at the monster river."
You: "What?"
Me: "That's not a tree."
You: "..."

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

BreezeLouise

« Reply #1951 on: June 06, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »
My guess is that you have it open in an extra tab to state at since you don't have direct access to my sketchbook at the moment xD

And yeah, that sounds about right xD

Me: "I told you that tree wasn't the right shape!"
You: "Shane, you said to go past the funny-shaped tree along the river. That's what we did. Unless you meant this river, here..."
Me: "...I dunno. Does that one have a tree that looks like one of those hula dancers we've read about?"
You: "...Well, this one looks more like a looming creature of some sort..."
Me: "So we're at the monster river."
You: "What?"
Me: "That's not a tree."
You: "..."

Of course not, why would I want to stare at your art forever and ever? That'd be...you know, silly...
Spoiler: show

You can also tell I'm on my brother's computer from the second bookmark. xD

Hehe, exactly like that. And then much bayonet action/running, I'm assuming, as well as frantic map stuffing-in-pockets and disorganization as I try to free my hands up for a weapon. Also Jabber-ACTION-wocky!
Life is a state of mind.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1952 on: June 06, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
I finished!

Spoiler: this glorious disaster • show

I don't even know what is going on in this picture. Aqua is being really patriotic. Mithrysc is being a commie unpatriotic. Tabebd has just realized she lives in a country full of weirdos. I'm commanding you to RISE. Clara 'um could you not' Bergstrom. Frenci it isn't even Italy day. No KauuittaUnia you cannot sleep. Windfighter is the normal one, and Sunflower is looking into the camera like she's on The Office.

There isn't even a drum.

holy wow that was QUICK (says I, the lightning sketcher)!! but wow I look awesome and THANK YOU SO MUCH i love it!! also wow several versions O: O: O:

it takes a time to get used to digital art, yeah... I'm still more comfortable fusing digital art with a traditional base.

Hah, you got two versions because I wasn't sure the marker would look good,but it did.

And I may have finals coming up, which isn't increasing my procrastination or anything.

Ah I like these versions a lot better than the digital one ^_^ You're obviously more comfortable working there and the colours look pretty spot on!

Traditional is going to be easier for me for a long long time. And everything I do digital is some kinda experiment, and they tend to fail. But it isn't too bad,honestly.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1953 on: June 06, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »
Traditional is going to be easier for me for a long long time. And everything I do digital is some kinda experiment, and they tend to fail. But it isn't too bad,honestly.

That feeling when you relate too hard to something and have to make sure you didn't write it
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #1954 on: June 06, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
That feeling when you relate too hard to something and have to make sure you didn't write it

I always feel more validated when I complain about art stuff and you're just like 'same' b/c you are a pretty great artist in my eyes. (OK, just about everybody here in this place is great artist in my eyes, through some aspect)

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1955 on: June 06, 2015, 09:51:24 PM »
I always feel more validated when I complain about art stuff and you're just like 'same' b/c you are a pretty great artist in my eyes. (OK, just about everybody here in this place is great artist in my eyes, through some aspect)

Ahhh me too!!! Actually, I love talking about art and drawing in general, so if anybody ever has some cool thing or complaint about drawing or art and they want to talk about it HIT ME UP BECAUSE I WILL TALK ABOUT DRAWING FOR H O U R S

Seriously though, I'm slowly getting better at digital, but I still have to go back a couple steps in skill because the proportions and things don't come instinctively to me digitally. Like, I actually have to do those skeleton bases where I'd usually just head straight in and draw the body in traditional art.
YEET

Fenris

« Reply #1956 on: June 06, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
I tried. Think I failed.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1957 on: June 06, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »
EEEEEEE GWENNO YOU DID AN EVERYONE AND I AM BEAUTIFUL
I will do a draw of you now; if anyone else wants to get in on the same sheet of paper, PM me.

XD Fen your still! heee
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #1958 on: June 06, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Guys I finished my sona!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:09:55 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #1959 on: June 06, 2015, 10:28:48 PM »
Ahhh me too!!! Actually, I love talking about art and drawing in general, so if anybody ever has some cool thing or complaint about drawing or art and they want to talk about it HIT ME UP BECAUSE I WILL TALK ABOUT DRAWING FOR H O U R S

Seriously though, I'm slowly getting better at digital, but I still have to go back a couple steps in skill because the proportions and things don't come instinctively to me digitally. Like, I actually have to do those skeleton bases where I'd usually just head straight in and draw the body in traditional art.

I don't have an art thing to complain about right now, but I forgot  to mention, you have a little thing in the parade. At the end, there's a little Swedish flag and a little arrow labeled Karri.

Guys I finished my sona!

History: CLASSIFIED

What did she do?

+also your handwriting oh my god

Icon drawn by Piney

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1960 on: June 06, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »
History: CLASSIFIED

What did she do?

There are many troll skeletons in her closets  :o
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1961 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
I don't have an art thing to complain about right now, but I forgot  to mention, you have a little thing in the parade. At the end, there's a little Swedish flag and a little arrow labeled Karri.

Ahaha am I honorary Swedish now? XD Probably, since I joined the cleansers... Close enough 8)
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1962 on: June 06, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »
There are many troll skeletons in her closets  :o

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh ei nyt! Don't tell them about my secret closet!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1963 on: June 07, 2015, 01:01:07 AM »
I drew everybody again! Now I'm properly updated B) Time to start sketching out placement for the nationality-organized group shots...

Spoiler: Just in case you can't read my handwriting • show

Mélusine - Mad Robin - Huntra - AuthorofLight
Jesty - Baku - Quabus - Starfallz
HarrisWilkens - FeartheViolas - Keeper - North (I LOVE YOUR FACE)
YEET

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #1964 on: June 07, 2015, 01:27:09 AM »
I drew everybody again! Now I'm properly updated B) Time to start sketching out placement for the nationality-organized group shots...

It looks awesome! And you drew me! I love it! Thank you! :) It's so interesting to see different people's styles and takes on one drawing.

Oh wow look it's 1:30... I should really go to bed now