Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841284 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1860 on: June 04, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »
RandomTexanReader: that is absolutely fantastic. I'm glad to have an actual mage amoung our midst

jesty: HII FELLOW NORWEGIAN MAGE!!! we'll definitely be hanging out at the academy together, yes?

tabeabd: it's never too late for dreamworld outfits, yours is absolutely gorgeous O:

and so is yours, SolarPoweredGirl! please bother to post your art always

shoutout to AquaAurion, callipygous and KicknRun for super cool mahoushona arts!!! and i know I ALREADY DID MINE (and the blorptroll) but I coloured a pen sketch yesterday so I'm adding to the pile again

this time with tiara. my soul is at peace now
(also it doesn't look a lot like Haiz at all anymore, but for the record I can floof my hair up like that)
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1861 on: June 04, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »

this time with tiara. my soul is at peace now
(also it doesn't look a lot like Haiz at all anymore, but for the record I can floof my hair up like that)

That's too cute for me that I can't even-
And fluffy hair. ALL THE FLOOF.
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1862 on: June 04, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
Given my recent promotion, I've decided to overhaul my perssssona (Lára Arnadóttir) a bit. She's a mage now. Not a very good one. She has the whole prophetic dreams deal, but they're not as useful as other mages'.

Spoiler: show
(text: "It's mostly pretty useless stuff, though. Like I know at some point the barista's gonna say, 'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't serve mutton here.'" "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't serve mutton here." "Eeeeeyyy.")
And yes, she has a dreamworld persona.

Your slide has been updated! Curry is right -  it is sometimes hard to keep on top of all the details of people's 'sonas, so if you see a problem with a slide, do tell us :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #1863 on: June 04, 2015, 01:07:48 PM »
Your slide has been updated! Curry is right -  it is sometimes hard to keep on top of all the details of people's 'sonas, so if you see a problem with a slide, do tell us :)
I didn't know this was a thing. Cool!
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1864 on: June 04, 2015, 01:09:48 PM »
I didn't know this was a thing. Cool!

Well, know you do! And yes, it is - but blame Curry for that one, not me; they created it ;)

EDIT: darn it, I messed up the pronouns... Sorry! I've only got myself to blame for that one :/
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:05:19 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Elrew

« Reply #1865 on: June 04, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »
I know I don't comment much (pfft, ever) but I always lurk-read and gosh, everything's so cool and creative in this thread!
“Hey, Kick!”
“Yeah?”
“Have you ever watched a magical girl anime?”
“Uh,sure!…like one episode.”

I'm gonna have to redraw this, because this was procrastination art, which I drew while I was procrastinating. But I like how the shading on the skirt came out. And, no, my hair does not actually work like that, it just looked very space princess to me.

(Do ballerinas still exist in Y90? Who knows?)
Oh. My. GOD you are actually me! Except that I have never watched magical girl anime. I'm assuming that it's like a Japanese version of Eurovision, it's all about the wind machines, wacky outfits and glitter? I have exams tomorrow, what is this fandom doing to me?
And I hope ballerinas still exist 'cause

bustle tutus, YES

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1866 on: June 04, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
Well, I think I have to be more bored at night because I did this like... 2 days ago at night.
I really like how this turned out. I love my new style of drawing though heh
So here it is:

I'm still thinking if I'm going to make a ''magesona'' myself or not.

yOU SHOULD CONVINCE ME XD
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1867 on: June 04, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »
Well, I think I have to be more bored at night because I did this like... 2 days ago at night.
I really like how this turned out. I love my new style of drawing though heh

I'm still thinking if I'm going to make a ''magesona'' myself or not.

yOU SHOULD CONVINCE ME XD
OF COURSE you should make yourself a magesona! Do eeet! I like your new style a lot, both your shading and linework have leveled up in the past weeks.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1868 on: June 04, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
OF COURSE you should make yourself a magesona! Do eeet! I like your new style a lot, both your shading and linework have leveled up in the past weeks.

But I have no inspiration ;w;

Also, thanks! I really don't know how this came to me XD
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #1869 on: June 04, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »
Ahhh! Thank you very much Curry , Piney , KicknRun , tabeabd , AquaAurion! X3 You guys are awesome and my inspiration!

RealRedCloudYT: Eeeee knife throwing buddies!! *highfives*

Haiz: NORWEGIAN MAGE FOR THE WIN \o/! and yes, yes we will :D *excites*

Heh, I've been thinking about posting my 'sona for some time and then Curry pushed me to do it, so I did it! I was just nervous mostly because this is my first time posting my art on the internet! :0 And I hope to post more!

Just some sketchy sketch to get a feel for Alice (and a bit of info):
   Pfft, what is "consistency"? (oh whaaat? A mysterious Karri has appeared what could this foreshadow? :U)

I drew some of her throwing knives, she probably has a few 8 inch ones and her big baby: a Cold Steel Sure Balance, 13.4 inches. They are not the most expensive nor the greatest of them all, but they are good enough.
Oh look that kitty plushie that I talked about in her info! It has a heart on its chest! She keeps it in her pouch that clips to her belt :P
Aaaaand one more thing, that thing Alice has on her neck is actually a scarf that she sewed on top her tunic, it wraps around, pins together and is loose from there. So on cold days, Alice unpins it and wraps it around her neck :3

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:31:03 PM by jesty »
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1870 on: June 04, 2015, 07:36:19 PM »
  Pfft, what is "consistency"? (oh whaaat? A mysterious Karri has appeared what could this foreshadow? :U)

I admit, if I had magic, I would run around yelling mage powers go! All day,every day. And she looks pretty cool!
Heh, awesome backstory! :D

And knife thrower, eh? My 'sona Will like you xD

Aren't you kinda young to be throwing around metal sticks of death

Hellooooo again everybody! It's that time again! The time that Curry BLATANTLY PROMOTES THE INFODUMP!!!

It's pretty much fully up-to-date right now because I spent an hour and a half going through 90 pages to get all the new SSSSonas and their languages added to the Language Chart, which can be found on the fourth page right here!

It's a great reference resource, but me and Kauniita can't always catch every detail you all post, so please check out your page and tell one of us if we missed any links.

[self-promotion end] KEEP ON BEING GREAT GUYS

Errr,not be annoying, but my mage knows she's a mage and that is the extent of her mage training.  So she's untrained. Also, I guess kolulua's self-insert and Alexis could understand each other, but since diaLECTS, maybe not.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1871 on: June 04, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
Ahhh! Thank you very much Curry , Piney , KicknRun , tabeabd , AquaAurion! X3 You guys are awesome and my inspiration!

RealRedCloudYT: Eeeee knife throwing buddies!! *highfives*

Haiz: NORWEGIAN MAGE FOR THE WIN \o/! and yes, yes we will :D *excites*

Heh, I've been thinking about posting my 'sona for some time and then Curry pushed me to do it, so I did it! I was just nervous mostly because this is my first time posting my art on the internet! :0 And I hope to post more!

Just some sketchy sketch to get a feel for Alice (and a bit of info):

I drew some of her throwing knives, she probably has a few 8 inch ones and her big baby: a Cold Steel Sure Balance, 13.4 inches. They are not the most expensive nor the greatest of them all, but they are good enough.
Oh look that kitty plushie that I talked about in her info! It has a heart on its chest! She keeps it in her pouch that clips to her belt :P
Aaaaand one more thing, that thing Alice has on her neck is actually a scarf that she sewed on top her tunic, it wraps around, pins together and is loose from there. So on cold days, Alice unpins it and wraps it around her neck :3
If you're confused, don't worry, I will post an info dump on how Alice's clothes work, sometime soon! :D 

AHHH THIS IS ADORABLE!! I really love your drawing style, huuuuuu
That mmrrr in the middle is absolutely adorable and oHO why AM I there? :o mysteriesssss (or should I say... mysterieSSSS)

Errr,not be annoying, but my mage knows she's a mage and that is the extent of her mage training.  So she's untrained. Also, I guess kolulua's self-insert and Alexis could understand each other, but since diaLECTS, maybe not.
Oops, okay! Wait, is she a mage-in-training or a cleanser-in-training or both? And true, maybe I'll add that in next time I update it.
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1872 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »
AHHH THIS IS ADORABLE!! I really love your drawing style, huuuuuu
That mmrrr in the middle is absolutely adorable and oHO why AM I there? :o mysteriesssss (or should I say... mysterieSSSS)
Oops, okay! Wait, is she a mage-in-training or a cleanser-in-training or both? And true, maybe I'll add that in next time I update it.

Cleanser in training, has (a lot of)magic. It tends to manifest itself if she's really angry with intent to hurt, and its completely uncontrolled,because nobody is around to teach her how to channel it properly.  (And whenever it happens she kinda just drops to the groud b/c hot damn was that exhausting), so yeah. Cleanser-in-training, untrained mage.

Kick explains everything without explaining anything.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1873 on: June 04, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Cleanser in training, has (a lot of)magic. It tends to manifest itself if she's really angry with intent to hurt, and its completely uncontrolled,because nobody is around to teach her how to channel it properly.  (And whenever it happens she kinda just drops to the groud b/c hot damn was that exhausting), so yeah. Cleanser-in-training, untrained mage.

Kick explains everything without explaining anything.

^me explaining anything
However I will update the slide then! :D
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1874 on: June 04, 2015, 10:43:04 PM »
Omg I'm not online for too long and I miss so much TT vTT
//dives into the new pages//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~