Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843458 times)

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1845 on: June 03, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »

SolarPoweredGirl that looks really cool! I like the color palette :D
Thanks! ;D
Krita kept getting stuck so it took forreeeveerr  :(

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #1846 on: June 03, 2015, 09:00:28 PM »
Ahhh! Amazing art! Love all of it! Most Best!!! \o/

Oh hi! *waves timidly*
Sooo this is my SSSSelf-insert, her name is Alice V (yes, that is her full name) and she can be a cool person once you get to know her. She gets a bit nervous when meeting new people, though ^_^"

Name:..........................Alice V
Nationality:..............Norwegian
Area of Birth:...............Aurland
Immunity:.........................Yes
Profession: Mage, Knife thrower
Languages:................... :norway: :iceland:

A little backstory: Alice was born in Norway in Year 73, raised by her Ma and Pa, but because of some complications her father and Alice had to move to Reykjavik where he continued being skald (mother stayed behind since she was a Troll Hunter Captain and couldn't abandon her team). Alice was 10 years old at the time and still very innocent, until a couple years later she saw a very faint vision in her dream of something devastating. Although these visions seldom happened, her Pa took her to the Academy of Seiður just to make sure, and yes, the administrators found a faint but potential power between Alice and the runes.
And yay! Alice V is now an Icelandic Mage in training, soon to become the Bestest of the Best, throwing knives, killing all the trolls and taking back the Silent Lands of her home country. I mean, how hard can it be? :D

-Is a very nervous person until you have something in common with her, then she goes all gaga over you
-throws knives (and sometimes other objects(especially when she's mad))
-has to cook for not only herself but her Pa
-heh and you would think in her big pouch Alice would have a bunch of runes or necessary things for survival? Nope. She has a kitty plushie instead
-She sews all her clothes, but not very good at it (which is why you can still see the stitches on them)
-has read every single thing that her Pa has written/transcribed/published, so yes Alice is very very smart
-the little necklace she wears was passed down from generations to generations, mother to daughter
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:49:31 PM by jesty »
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1847 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »

Oh hi! *waves timidly*
Sooo this is my SSSSelf-insert, her name is Alice V (yes, that is her full name) and she can be a cool person once you get to know her. She gets a bit nervous when meeting new people, though ^_^"

[NICE BIO!!]

Welcome to the team! :D This is an adorable design with a really cool backstory! I love it!

Also, I'm gonna get updated on everybody's SSSSonas in the next couple of days, so if you have one and have been withholding it for some reason, this is a Prime Time to post 8)
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1848 on: June 03, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »

Oh hi! *waves timidly*
Sooo this is my SSSSelf-insert, her name is Alice V (yes, that is her full name) and she can be a cool person once you get to know her. She gets a bit nervous when meeting new people, though ^_^

Aw yisssssssss.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1849 on: June 03, 2015, 10:12:30 PM »

Oh hi! *waves timidly*

She sounds awesome and useful for a team! (And I really like the patterning on her tunic)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1850 on: June 04, 2015, 12:53:16 AM »
So a bit of discussion in the comments indicates wildling or changeling, depending on region  could be used as a term for anyone who lives or lived outside cleansed areas.

Also started the digital line work on my art trade now.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1851 on: June 04, 2015, 01:36:27 AM »
So a bit of discussion in the comments indicates wildling or changeling, depending on region  could be used as a term for anyone who lives or lived outside cleansed areas.

I'm going to be a word nerd, but I personally wouldn't use the term "changeling." 

Historically, that was used to refer to children taken by the fairies in European legends -- either the human children taken (as in this poem by Yeats), or the inferior, not-quite-human substitutes the fairies left in exchange.  (From an anthropological standpoint, changeling tales probably were an attempt to explain special-needs children -- autistic, dwarfed, made blind or deaf by childhood illness, etc.)

"Wildling" as it's used in "A Game of Thrones" sounds like a very good match for your concept -- people who could be any combination of outcasts, criminals, savages, foreigners, or cooperating with Dark Powers (White Walkers in "Thrones," Rash-Monsters here). 

If you don't want to use that term, maybe "barbarians"?  "Silent Folk"?  "Illegals"? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1852 on: June 04, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »

Oh hi! *waves timidly*

A little backstory: Alice was born in Norway in Year 73, raised by her Ma and Pa, but because of some complications her father and Alice had to move to Reykjavik where he continued being skald (mother stayed behind since she was a Troll Hunter Captain and couldn't abandon her team). Alice was 10 years old at the time and still very innocent, until a couple years later she saw a very faint vision in her dream of something devastating. Although these visions seldom happened, her Pa took her to the Academy of Seiður just to make sure, and yes, the administrators found a faint but potential power between Alice and the runes.
And yay! Alice V is now an Icelandic Mage in training, soon to become the Bestest of the Best, throwing knives, killing all the trolls and taking back the Silent Lands of her home country. I mean, how hard can it be? :D

-Is a very nervous person until you have something in common with her, then she goes all gaga over you
-throws knives (and sometimes other objects(especially when she's mad))
-has to cook for not only herself but her Pa
-heh and you would think in her big pouch Alice would have a bunch of runes or necessary things for survival? Nope. She has a kitty plushie instead
-She sews all her clothes, but not very good at it (which is why you can still see the stitches on them)
-has read every single thing that her Pa has written/transcribed/published, so yes Alice is very very smart
-the little necklace she wears was passed down from generations to generations, mother to daughter

Heh, awesome backstory! :D

And knife thrower, eh? My 'sona Will like you xD
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1853 on: June 04, 2015, 03:08:08 AM »
Welcome newest team member Jesty c: What a cute SSSSona!

I finally finished a mage-sona drawing! Though it seems everyone has moved on to mahousonas lol.

If the cape doesn't make sense, it has two layers- a solid fabric with a sheer fabric over it. Colored version eventually maybe :P
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1854 on: June 04, 2015, 04:30:58 AM »
Haiz: Thank you :) I'd say that WITCH counts as a magic girl comic ^w^

I LOVE THE MAHOU SSSSONAS, I LOV E THEM, PLEASE CONTINUE, I LOVE YOU ALL

and i got inspired by you guys and made a Real Design

200% more floomf
This is amazing ;w;

Idk why I even bother posting art because it will never amount to ALL OF YOUR AWESOOMEENEESSSS 
but since some of you have drawn your dreamscape outfits I thought I'd try

I like your outfit! Your art is improving every time I see it :D

Oh hi! *waves timidly*

Such a cutie! Welcome :D

Welcome newest team member Jesty c: What a cute SSSSona!

I finally finished a mage-sona drawing! Though it seems everyone has moved on to mahousonas lol.

If the cape doesn't make sense, it has two layers- a solid fabric with a sheer fabric over it. Colored version eventually maybe :P
So pretty and dreamlike *o*

I did the thing:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:35:14 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1855 on: June 04, 2015, 09:06:52 AM »
Hellooooo again everybody! It's that time again! The time that Curry BLATANTLY PROMOTES THE INFODUMP!!!

It's pretty much fully up-to-date right now because I spent an hour and a half going through 90 pages to get all the new SSSSonas and their languages added to the Language Chart, which can be found on the fourth page right here!

It's a great reference resource, but me and Kauniita can't always catch every detail you all post, so please check out your page and tell one of us if we missed any links.

[self-promotion end] KEEP ON BEING GREAT GUYS
YEET

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1856 on: June 04, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
Mmmh. I might do something for mine...
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1857 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
If you don't want to use that term, maybe "barbarians"?  "Silent Folk"?  "Illegals"?
Hermit, ranger, bushwalker, pioneer, trapper, loner, ... I'm pretty sure that there are similar terms to be found in the Nordic languages themselves, too.

(LEO translates "Einödbauer" as "isolated farmer", is that actually in use?)

If you're looking for a term that specifically expresses the view that people living in Y90 safe areas would have on such people, I'm sure that they'ld be willing to use all sorts of synonyms of "crazy" and "suicidal". ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1858 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
In Norway people who keep to themselves are usually referred to as "einstøing(er)". Hermit translates to eremitt, eneboer (person who lives alone) and anakoret (person who has withdrawn from society).

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #1859 on: June 04, 2015, 11:15:17 AM »
Given my recent promotion, I've decided to overhaul my perssssona (Lára Arnadóttir) a bit. She's a mage now. Not a very good one. She has the whole prophetic dreams deal, but they're not as useful as other mages'.

(text: "It's mostly pretty useless stuff, though. Like I know at some point the barista's gonna say, 'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't serve mutton here.'" "I'm sorry, sir, but we don't serve mutton here." "Eeeeeyyy.")
And yes, she has a dreamworld persona.

... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.