Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843464 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1740 on: May 31, 2015, 03:39:56 AM »
BIRBS GO FLOOF FLOOF

(and also some more post-it note doodles of my gal)

Awww that bird looks so fluffy and cute! >w<
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1741 on: May 31, 2015, 03:59:25 AM »
Yes, let's! And it kind of makes sense for my character if she's an Icelando-phile... I'M GONNA DRAW IT.
(And I dunno about the mage thing... Heck, do we even know Reynir believes in magic?)
I'm totally drawing it as well! :D

BIRBS GO FLOOF FLOOF

This is so precious~!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1742 on: May 31, 2015, 04:50:27 AM »
It could work like the dreamworld of Wheel of time (Tel'aran'rhiod) where ordinary people would drop in unawares for short moments, believing they were dreaming for real, and then drop out again, just continue dreaming as usual. Only the gifted could actually stay there, or bring anyone they wanted to as well.

...kind of an explanation/excuse anyway. If you want a dreamworld/mage outfit, make one!
And if I may:

no just kidding, I love you all, just my hipster instincts running a little wild here

I hope you're ok with me dragging this one up, Haiz, it just fit sooo perfectly!  ;) I'll delete it if you want to!

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1743 on: May 31, 2015, 05:42:56 AM »
BIRBS GO FLOOF FLOOF

FLOFFOFFOF
the postit note sketches are cute!!

Unlos: hahahaha of course I don't mind people bringing up my stuff, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing that actually

EVERYONE JOIN THE DREAMWORLD PARTY

as for Blorptroll... I can easily see it being kidnapped by our ragtag team, some people want it for a pet, some people have more, ahem, practical uses for it, and some people just want to kick it down the stair for making all that noise. The other trolls will be happy to see it go, anyhow
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1744 on: May 31, 2015, 06:20:24 AM »
It could work like the dreamworld of Wheel of time (Tel'aran'rhiod) where ordinary people would drop in unawares for short moments, believing they were dreaming for real, and then drop out again, just continue dreaming as usual. Only the gifted could actually stay there, or bring anyone they wanted to as well.

...kind of an explanation/excuse anyway. If you want a dreamworld/mage outfit, make one!
And if I may: I hope you're ok with me dragging this one up, Haiz, it just fit sooo perfectly!  ;) I'll delete it if you want to!
Oh, that sounds neat :D
My headcanon is that normal people can get there, but they will appear ghost-like (or like will-o'-the-wisp dependent on latent magical abilities) with no powers and they will only remember it as a really fuzzy dream.

EVERYONE JOIN THE DREAMWORLD PARTY
I'm totally joinging! Woop woop! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1745 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:15 AM »
At this rate we'll end up with an alternate universe where everyone is a mage.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:35:19 AM by Fimbulvarg »

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1746 on: May 31, 2015, 06:33:58 AM »
At this rate we'll end up with an alternative universe where everyone is a mage.
an alternate universe of an alternate universe. we must go deeper

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1747 on: May 31, 2015, 06:38:54 AM »
an alternate universe of an alternate universe. we must go deeper

AUception.

Although I think it's a neat idea! I for one would be very interested in seeing people's dreamworldsonas too, mages or not.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1748 on: May 31, 2015, 06:40:47 AM »
Although I think it's a neat idea! I for one would be very interested in seeing people's dreamworldsonas too, mages or not.

And I for one would be interested in seeing a magical accordion troll.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1749 on: May 31, 2015, 06:45:55 AM »
And I for one would be interested in seeing a magical accordion troll.

Look, don't point that inspiration at me ok? Those things are dangerous and you never know when they'll-

...welp, too late. One dreamworld accordion on the way.

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1750 on: May 31, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
does it wear a fez

I for one just like starting trends, so I would never protest people designing their dreamworld selves :3c

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1751 on: May 31, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
Look, don't point that inspiration at me ok? Those things are dangerous and you never know when they'll-

Oh~, yes please :D
It would make sense, since Minna implied that beast-doggie and dream world beast-doggie was the same dog - why not dream accordions as well? ;D

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1752 on: May 31, 2015, 07:02:37 AM »
(And I dunno about the mage thing... Heck, do we even know Reynir believes in magic?)
Iceland has an official academy teaching that stuff, he'ld need to be pretty clueless about his own nation to dismiss the entire concept.

(For all we know, some of his siblings going places and killing interesting stuff might be mages. The Dagrenning guys would be outright stupid to not welcome mages as donors, and we've seen too many instances of "magic's running in this family" for it not to be at least partly hereditary.)

some people have more, ahem, practical uses for [blorptroll], and some people just want to kick it down the stair for making all that noise. The other trolls will be happy to see it go, anyhow
My mind keeps coming up with the German term Fußhupe whenever it's mentioned. ::)

(= "foot(-operated) klaxon", originally an actual car part, but since the horn's operated by hand nowadays, it has been reassigned to small dogs.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1753 on: May 31, 2015, 07:06:55 AM »
does it wear a fez

...it might.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1754 on: May 31, 2015, 09:29:11 AM »
Coming up next: An alternate Alternate Universe where everyone is a magical girl.

Including Kurt.