Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842004 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1500 on: May 17, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »
ANOTHER FANTASTIC DRAW!! ;D This thread has been hopping with great art lately and if I didn't mention anything specific about it, know that I saw it and I just really appreciate how talented this fandom is! We all look so cute here (and I agree, legs are pretty bad, but can we talk about feet)
Also since I recently got my to-draw list down to *looks at smudged writing on hand* 11 items I believe? I am so up for an art trade! I'll pm you about specifics :O

*meep* Thank yoooooou :3 and don't get me started on feet! Feet are the devil's things and need to stop looking like planks of wood/pancakes/rocks and generally things which are NOT feet (grrrrrr). On a less grumpy note woo! art trade ;D Heheh, your sona's character is so much fun to play about with I'm already starting to form ideas for funky things for them to be doing ^_^

These are the ideas that take place inside my mind, enjoy
*nods sagely* and let that be a lesson to us all of the perils linked with magic!

Immediately reminded me of this glorious fail. :D

Spoiler: show

(They're indeed just disposing of the flag, not disrespecting it.)

I'm preeeeetty sure that doesn't count as a fail. If you have that many things on fire and nobody got hurt you must be pleasing some of the right gods at least! (Yup, this made me laugh, but it kinda sounded like a "blart" and that got me laughing even more, and then I figured it might be enough internet time for today…..)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:34:25 PM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Amity

• Scout
  • What Would Sigrun Do?
« Reply #1501 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »

Suddenly this has converged with the sssshipping thread -- biggest (friend)ship ever!

Edit:  okay I draw like a left-handed moose but I will throw something in too if this is happening.
If life hands you Emil, make Emilonade!

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1502 on: May 17, 2015, 08:21:07 PM »
Okay everybody! Without further ado, I present to you:

The image be linked to the new thread. Have fun! (:
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1503 on: May 18, 2015, 05:32:06 AM »
Okay everybody! Without further ado, I present to you:

The image be linked to the new thread. Have fun! (:

Let's see, deadline 15th July. Sure, I can manage that.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1504 on: May 19, 2015, 06:04:40 AM »
Hello, procrastination...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv2jo5jlxs5qvwl/Photo%20du%2044429568-05-%20%C3%A0%2012.20.jpg?dl=0
And that's why I need a scan/to learn to press more on my pen/both. (*Look at her character* I'll draw you, someday. You'll see.)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1505 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »
It looks really pretty, Melusine! I would actually suggest camera, that's what I've been doing and it's come out less pixelised than any scanner-version I've seen.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1506 on: May 19, 2015, 08:38:52 PM »
Aw yeah, double-posting, that's me. I finished Cil's art trade! Bask in the glory of dim lighting and poor photography skills! (it looks better in person, I promise.)
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Nationalities Representin'
« Reply #1507 on: May 19, 2015, 08:53:51 PM »
Since Syttende Mai brought out such wonderful displays of national pride among our Norwegian self-inserts, I wonder if something similar might happen on the national days of the rest of the Known World?

Iceland's National Day is June 17; I think someone on this thread already brought it up.  (Maybe Laufey?)

Google tells me June 6 is Sweden's national day (though only since 1905).  However, Swedes seem to be a little conflicted about it.  As that country's own tourist board says:
Not known for displaying their national pride, this day offers a rare chance to see Swedes waving their flag about.  ...  In 2004, the Swedish parliament voted to make [June 6] a public holiday, which may cause people to become more interested in celebrating it. The final decision took decades to reach − various proposals had been discussed under a succession of governments.

There are also groups lobbying for the introduction of an official national pastry, and a national dish, and for the key-fiddle (nyckelharpa) to be made the national instrument. But even for ideas as innocent as these, arriving at a consensus has proved difficult.

Denmark doesn't seem to have a full-scale National Day.  Wikipedia says Constitution Day on June 5 is the closest equivalent -- or maybe Valdemar's Day on June 15, which commemorates King Valdemar's victory over the Estonians in 1219 and the discovery of the Danish flag

Finland's National Day isn't till December.  Maybe our Finns can celebrate with a group selfie on Juhannes?

(Solokov, I'm not sure where mysterious barbarians from outside the Known World fit in...)   ;)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1508 on: May 19, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »
GUYS I DID HALF THE THING (have i mentioned the part where I'm really good at procrastination)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #1509 on: May 19, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »
GUYS I DID HALF THE THING (have i mentioned the part where I'm really good at procrastination)
Wowwww I am impressed by your Herculean efforts in drawing everyone, it would take me like two months.

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1510 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:11 AM »

After all those art trades, I realized that I've been neglecting to draw my own gal for ages. So, here she is wearing her expedition, ???, and casual outfits. Studies for the falcon hopefully coming later!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:43:30 AM by Almond-Goddess »
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Nationalities Representin'
« Reply #1511 on: May 20, 2015, 03:20:35 AM »
Iceland's National Day is June 17; I think someone on this thread already brought it up.  (Maybe Laufey?)

Yup that was me! And the Iceland team may well make an appearance then. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1512 on: May 20, 2015, 04:17:28 AM »
oof, some late replies here......

Laufey: i don't have a good comment to that video other than that it made me laugh

Oh Deer: ahahha, that explains everything

Mélusine: ooooOOH that looks pretty good? from what we can see from it, that is, I have to admit it's kinda blurry.

Noodly: what a good draw, I like it

Sunflower: ahahah, I doubt Sweden's and Denmark's national days are as intense as the Norwegian one, seeing as our day is celebrating the independence from Sweden and Denmark... (well, okay, just from Denmark when the constitution was written, Sweden took over Norway almost immediately afterwards. But Norway has been part of sweden and denmark several times in the past and we're very fierce of our independence as a result. the reason we even have two official norwegian languages is because on of them sounded too danish.)

KicknRun: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's really impressive (i would know, ha)! I like how you did my portrait with a rune :3c

Almond-Goddess: aaaaaaaa I love falconer gal!!! and i love outfits!! this is great and i love the sleepy sweater version, she's adorablee. I also love the middle version, and the expedi- you know what I just really like all of them

you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Nationalities Representin'
« Reply #1513 on: May 20, 2015, 05:52:10 AM »
Google tells me June 6 is Sweden's national day (though only since 1905).  However, Swedes seem to be a little conflicted about it.  As that country's own tourist board says:
I don't know anyone that actually celebrates nationaldagen =\

Aw yeah, double-posting, that's me. I finished Cil's art trade! Bask in the glory of dim lighting and poor photography skills! (it looks better in person, I promise.)

I think it's pretty =D

Thank you! =D *adds to thank-you-sketch-list*

After all those art trades, I realized that I've been neglecting to draw my own gal for ages. So, here she is wearing her expedition, ???, and casual outfits. Studies for the falcon hopefully coming later!
That bedhair xD

I finally finished my part of mine and Vafhudr's art trade!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1514 on: May 20, 2015, 08:51:07 AM »
Studies for the falcon hopefully coming later!
With special grossling-fighting, high altitude observer, and (food)hunting equipment? ;)

[Imagines a falcon with a teensy pince-nez pair of binoculars on the beak to increase recon range to insane levels. Catapult launch to help reaching the proper altitude, too.]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15