Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842131 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1440 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
Kinda got distracted by work and getting ready to move (transferred to a different ranger district) and I may be not having internet starting Sunday until probably October (probably not I'll probably get expensive wireless or something).

Aditionally I'm still arguing with my scanner to get the art stuff onto my computer to start the digital work on it.

Good luck starting chaos in the new ranger district.  Where is it?  (Just in case we start hearing news of mysterious explosions in the Bitterroot Mountains, or roving packs of man-eating Chihuahuas, or the like...)

Lack of Internet couldn't keep a man of your ingenuity away from SSSS.  I picture something like this going up in the back of your truck:

Footnote
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1441 on: May 15, 2015, 10:46:34 PM »
Good luck starting chaos in the new ranger district.  Where is it?  (Just in case we start hearing news of mysterious explosions in the Bitterroot Mountains, or roving packs of man-eating Chihuahuas, or the like...)

Lack of Internet couldn't keep a man of your ingenuity away from SSSS.  I picture something like this going up in the back of your truck:

Footnote

North of Crater lake National Park now. Mostly the issue is that there's maybe 2 providers up there that do wireless internet but it's all capped at certain amounts of data per month, and none of the wired internet folks run cable to the barracks that I'll be living in apparently.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1442 on: May 16, 2015, 12:35:49 AM »
Alright, Curry's back with another art trade, this time my half of mad-robin's!

Your design is adorable did you know
I tried a bit of a lineless style here because I was goin to do something like my style in doodle or die but then I didn't. At all. Ah well, close enough 8)
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1443 on: May 16, 2015, 06:41:03 AM »
Alright, Curry's back with another art trade, this time my half of mad-robin's!

Your design is adorable did you know
I tried a bit of a lineless style here because I was goin to do something like my style in doodle or die but then I didn't. At all. Ah well, close enough 8)
SO CUTE. The technique looks really good btw!!

17th may group picture is in the works...... If I'll work on it in my """study breaks""" it will hopefully yield results c:<
What quality/medium it'll be in is uncertain so far (PROBABLY INK) and i should definitely not colour it (maybe except the flags) and uh, I realized fitting 12 people (+ 1 troll) on one page proves a bit of a challenge.......
"HOW HARD CAN IT BE" *picks up sketchbook to figure out character placements*
Spoiler: show

ha
ha
ha
what am i doing to myself
you'll know where to find me.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1444 on: May 16, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »
Haha, Curry that's adorable ^_^ There's so much energy in the picture, and while I really like the old style, the new one is looking good!

Aw hell Haiz, there you went and got me inspired *grrrr, many angry noises!* I'm really excited to see the finished picture, but am also feeling guilty because it'll be getting in the way of much important study stuff. Ah well, you know best, and best of luck in your exams!
Anyway, as to getting inspired by your efforts, I figured no one would complain if there were more pictures of al the Norweigan 'sonas :P (Still working on it, but will hopefully be done in time!)

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1445 on: May 16, 2015, 09:30:05 AM »
Aw hell Haiz, there you went and got me inspired *grrrr, many angry noises!* I'm really excited to see the finished picture, but am also feeling guilty because it'll be getting in the way of much important study stuff. Ah well, you know best, and best of luck in your exams!
Anyway, as to getting inspired by your efforts, I figured no one would complain if there were more pictures of al the Norweigan 'sonas :P (Still working on it, but will hopefully be done in time!)

omG WHAT THE HEcK HOW DiD YOU-
ahahahahahaha this is so great I can't even feel guilty about it. In fact, I am glad to have inspired you. In case one of us should fall in battle there will still be a norwegian squad group photo for the occasion!!

ahaha haiz on flag holding duty
........ what's fim doing to the dragonhead figure
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1446 on: May 16, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
Bwaha can't wait to see these, they promise to be made of 100% awesomeness. ;D

Looks like Curry for dinner.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1447 on: May 16, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »

Probably weaponising it (just a hunch).

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1448 on: May 16, 2015, 10:26:12 AM »
BOTH OF THESE ARE PERFECT AND I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM FINISHED :O (also thank you both! it won't be a regular thing, I'm just messing around 8))

Looks like Curry for dinner.
be careful, it might be a little burnt
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1449 on: May 16, 2015, 01:19:13 PM »
Gwenno and Haiz, those are so great!
Gwenno I like the details with everybody doing something typical of them. Seems like I'm ready to haul Karri back if the accordion accompaniment gets too close :D.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1450 on: May 16, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »

My part of the art trade with AquaAurion. More cooking! I drew and redrew your face so many times, still couldn't manage to make it look like you. After I had made the table, I realized I had forgotten where you where supposed to actually warm your food. So that is just outside the picture.

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1451 on: May 16, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
*flops on the floor*
uh-oh, I almost forgot about this thread and about Marja too, but it's a really good week for her.
Almond Goddess, Curry Just wanted to say that you're amazing and thank you!
Now I understand what's the main problem of art trades - somebody might draw your character better than you :D

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1452 on: May 16, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
omG WHAT THE HEcK HOW DiD YOU-
ahahahahahaha this is so great I can't even feel guilty about it. In fact, I am glad to have inspired you. In case one of us should fall in battle there will still be a norwegian squad group photo for the occasion!!

ahaha haiz on flag holding duty
Ah what a wonderful terrible one you are! No thoughts or guilt for my poor neglected responsibilities as you unintentionally do an awesome thing which makes me want to do art! And of course you get flag holding duty, it's only proper ^_^

Probably weaponising it (just a hunch).

Two knives and an axe so far. There's probably a pile of weapons on the deck just waiting to be added on once the figurehead is finished as well…..

Gwenno and Haiz, those are so great!
Gwenno I like the details with everybody doing something typical of them. Seems like I'm ready to haul Karri back if the accordion accompaniment gets too close :D.

Well you seem like a sensible-ish kinda of person, and to be honest, our resident troll has already displayed an interest in eating Karri and having someone pull them back seems like a good idea….

That's a nice picture of AquaAurion as well ^_^ I really like the shading, and I can see you've put a lot of effort into the face. Even if you aren't happy with it it looks pretty impressive!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1453 on: May 16, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
I'm still working on the story for Piney, it's just been a crazy week.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1454 on: May 16, 2015, 09:36:03 PM »
got the scanner to work!

I also may have sorted out the internet issue for after I move tomorrow.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.