Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842989 times)

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1365 on: May 12, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »
OOOOKAY I'M REALLY LATE BUT a little while back, Haiz posted some really adorable draws of the SSSSonas with the hair ze liked to draw the much, and I made a list of my favorite SSSSonas to draw in general and I have been working  on these for days ;_; just consider this as a thank you for making really cute designs although I legitimately love every single one of you guys!

Here's the overview of you lovely people in no particular order. I highly recommend going through the detail shots right here because this picture is sooooo bad ahahaha
It took me so long to see myself! but, THANK YOU....I am also the worst at finding things, that might be to blame here
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1366 on: May 12, 2015, 06:39:07 PM »
so, I haven't found my inking pens yet, but I wanted to get started on Curry and Haiz, so...here's the finished sketch of the art trade :) here's hoping I can find my pens soon so I can finish it up properly q vq

OH WOW, THIS IS SO CUTE *-*

And the look on her face, so happy to be fixing things... I can almost hear the "Bob the Builder" theme song playing in the distance.
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1367 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »
OH WOW, THIS IS SO CUTE *-*

And the look on her face, so happy to be fixing things... I can almost hear the "Bob the Builder" theme song playing in the distance.

I'm so glad you like it Q wQ
Oh crap now that song is stuck in my head xD

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1368 on: May 12, 2015, 09:37:36 PM »
I thought of this, well, just because

And I have no idea where this came from, but ok!

Spoiler: show
 Ps. It's the most canon canon to have ever been canon that my OC sleeps in a deer onesie

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1369 on: May 12, 2015, 10:30:31 PM »
Ah yes
Even more dream outfit breakdowns.

The notes just say what each clothing is/there for. The large section of notes says that the blue triangles appeared on her outfit after she joined the military, since I believe them to be a Swedish military design and not a standard Known World design.

Notes under the skirt say that the amount of strips change from dream to dream.(black base part stays)

The small poncho above the big sketch is how the poncho is supposed to work. I messed up with how the shape would interact with the blue triangles.
(You might have to open it in a new tab, oops.)

This is the thing that looks closest to how priest poncho looks.

Actually, Priest poncho is smaller in the back, and the triangle shape in the big sketch is slightly wrong, look at the sketch above it.

The hood looks like this, only the pointy part is black.

Sword belt!+sword!

screw it. Duel-Wield.(I know how horribly impractical raipers are. Maybe she channels her magic through it or something)

And the skirt! (not entirely correct but close enough)

EDIT:added more detail with account of the actual sketch
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:56:54 AM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1370 on: May 12, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »
Ah yes
Even more dream outfit breakdowns.

This is the thing that looks closest to how priest poncho looks.

Actually, Priest poncho is smaller in the back, and the triangle shape in the big sketch is slightly wrong, look at the sketch above it.

At church next Sunday, I am totally whispering "priest poncho" when our choir, altar boys/girls, and lay readers come down the aisle dressed like that.   ;D

I'm an Episcopalian, and when my denomination split off from the Catholics, we copied all the fancy regalia.  I think the white thingie is formally called an alb or a cotta or the like -- but "priest poncho" is better because it's self-explanatory. 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1371 on: May 13, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
For Curry:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #1372 on: May 13, 2015, 08:20:49 PM »
For Curry:

OMG. I think that is perfect.
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1373 on: May 13, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
For Curry:

:O THIS IS SO GREAT
Karri would respond exactly like this (and the explosion was probably entirely their doing, too.) Thank you so much, this is adorable! :D

EXPLOSIONS, WOOO
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1374 on: May 13, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
OMG. I think that is perfect.

Thank you! ;D

:O THIS IS SO GREAT
Karri would respond exactly like this (and the explosion was probably entirely their doing, too.) Thank you so much, this is adorable! :D

EXPLOSIONS, WOOO

Yay, you like it! ^-^ I spent an annoying amount of time on it and the smoke was especially a bother. And it was my thought, actually, that they were responsible for that explosion :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #1375 on: May 13, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
It's been about two weeks, but I finally got to finishing Noodly Appendage's art trade! Behold, her Icelandic mage Sonja!

I'm still taking a stab at the watercolor style, and I think that this attempt is more successful than the first, yay!

P.S. Okay so far I'm going through the art trades at a rate of one piece per week, which is unacceptable in my books. But hopefully this will change! Tomorrow I will (probably) have the whole day to work on Fimbulvarg's, then maybe Piney's trade. Fingers crossed!

P.P.S. John Candlebury and Mad Robin, since you guys drew my character and went through the efforts to color and ink, do you want to formally make it an art trade? :)

Wow!Amazing!Stupendous! At this rate of mastering the learning curve you are going to be able to sell your work anywhere real soon.

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1376 on: May 13, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
ooh, this reminds me -- if anyone wants to do art trades, pm me. I might take a little while but...
Also, all the stuff on here is REALLY COOL
*darts back into lurking-burrow*
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #1377 on: May 13, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »
Hey, I've got a writting idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.

Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Grey Eagle guarded the sun, moon, stars, water, and fire. But Grey Eagle hated people. He hated them so much that he kept these things hidden away, and the people lived in cold and darkness.

Grey Eagle had a beautiful daughter who fancied Raven, for Raven was a handsome white bird who loved Grey Eagle’s daughter in return. He was invited to the longhouse of Grey Eagle. Raven looked about the walls of the lodge and saw the sun, the moon, the stars, water, and fire.

Raven was ashamed of Grey Eagle for hiding them, and knew what he must do. When no one was watching, he stole all these things from the lodge of Grey Eagle. He flew with them right up the smoke hole of the long house. He flew and he flew, higher and higher.

He hung the sun as high as he could in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to escape all the way to an island far out in the ocean. When night fell, he flew again, this time fastening the moon up in the sky and hanging each star in its own place around the heavens. Then he flew back over the land, still carrying the water and the fire.   

When he reached the right place, he dropped the water, creating the source of all fresh water – rivers, lakes, and streams. 

Raven flew on, still carrying the stick of fire in his beak. As he flew, the smoke blew back on him, turning all of his feathers the darkest black. When his beak became too hot, he dropped the fire on some rocks, concealing it within them. Still today when we strike two stones together, drops of fire will spark out.

And still today, we see the black feathers of the raven, darkened forever because he brought good things to this world.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1378 on: May 13, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »
Hey, I've got a writing idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.
[story]
probably... *smidgen of sarcasm* "hm, that's interesting, nice of him I guess" *goes back to whatever she was doing*
Edit: I'm kinda awful. Although, I would probably keep listening...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:59:38 PM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1379 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:55 PM »
Hey, I've got a writting idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.

Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Grey Eagle guarded the sun, moon, stars, water, and fire. But Grey Eagle hated people. He hated them so much that he kept these things hidden away, and the people lived in cold and darkness.

Grey Eagle had a beautiful daughter who fancied Raven, for Raven was a handsome white bird who loved Grey Eagle’s daughter in return. He was invited to the longhouse of Grey Eagle. Raven looked about the walls of the lodge and saw the sun, the moon, the stars, water, and fire.

Raven was ashamed of Grey Eagle for hiding them, and knew what he must do. When no one was watching, he stole all these things from the lodge of Grey Eagle. He flew with them right up the smoke hole of the long house. He flew and he flew, higher and higher.

He hung the sun as high as he could in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to escape all the way to an island far out in the ocean. When night fell, he flew again, this time fastening the moon up in the sky and hanging each star in its own place around the heavens. Then he flew back over the land, still carrying the water and the fire.   

When he reached the right place, he dropped the water, creating the source of all fresh water – rivers, lakes, and streams.

Raven flew on, still carrying the stick of fire in his beak. As he flew, the smoke blew back on him, turning all of his feathers the darkest black. When his beak became too hot, he dropped the fire on some rocks, concealing it within them. Still today when we strike two stones together, drops of fire will spark out.

And still today, we see the black feathers of the raven, darkened forever because he brought good things to this world.

Mine would probably react "ooo! Tell more please! I love this old world story stuff!" *eagerly takes notes*