Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842447 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1275 on: May 10, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
I can even weaponise you into an effective troll mace.

my hand slipped

Spoiler: show

I mean I'm sorry but even the most optimistic approach is that there's a tiny chance you won't be swung by your ankles.

Laufey, this makes me laugh every time I look at it.  I hope your hand slips more often!
Oh, uh.  Poor Haiz.  Yeah, um, that must hurt.  *BLAAAART*
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1276 on: May 10, 2015, 06:50:01 PM »
Daéa! Here's yours! I just finished it and it's 2 AM, time to sleep

(I'm not super happy with it, but I'm never happy with any drawing in which I try to draw wood. And the left arm seems short. Whoops)

I love it, Piney!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :D
I'm super happy with it! And you got the right color on the clothes, even though I didn't tell you which they were (sorry about that)!

native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1277 on: May 10, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
OOOOKAY I'M REALLY LATE BUT a little while back, Haiz posted some really adorable draws of the SSSSonas with the hair ze liked to draw the much, and I made a list of my favorite SSSSonas to draw in general and I have been working  on these for days ;_; just consider this as a thank you for making really cute designs although I legitimately love every single one of you guys!

Here's the overview of you lovely people in no particular order. I highly recommend going through the detail shots right here

Curry, maybe you'll see fit to take my summer-job advice that Haiz turned down, and set yourself up as a sidewalk portraitist this summer.  These are adorable!  You've done a great job of capturing everyone's different face structure, coloring, mood, etc. 

The detail shots are well worth looking at too, even just the captions.  "UR HAIR IS LEGITIMATELY MY GOAL"   ;D
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1278 on: May 10, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »
Piney: your art trades are super cool and I'm gonna. I'm gonna pm you for one. at some point in the future. i said i had open shop for art trades but i shouldn't have so. it will have to wait a few weeks. you probably have enough art trades as is ahahaha

Heheh, I have two, but it's not like I'm in a hurry to finish them. I did get an idea for yours today though :)

I love it, Piney!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :D
I'm super happy with it! And you got the right color on the clothes, even though I didn't tell you which they were (sorry about that)!

You're welcome!! ;D
I didn't even think to ask about the clothes until late last night, it's okay! I was modeling it after the grayish-blue colors a lot of the Icelanders we've seen in the comic wear.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1279 on: May 10, 2015, 07:16:49 PM »
koalalou, those are really cute draws and they have been linked to on the doc! I appreciate the outfit rundown because as indicated by my draw of you in the favorite SSSSona design draw, your design is really cool what the heck
Sorry for getting your face wrong there ;_; Right after I inked it I saw your picture on the "How do you look" thread and I was like. frick.

RealRedCloudYT that's adorable!! :D I agree with Haiz, we'll protect you from the scary cattank. If it tries to do even one thing I'd BURN IT TO THE GROUND not like i'd do that anyway, noooooo

Haiz YOU ARE ADORABLE AS USUAL.... i love the new outfit designs! you make me want to do a real rundown on Karri's outfits (because I have changed it a significant amount and I have Many More Designs in my head, wheeee)

Also thank you to the people who said nice things about my art since I last blanket thank you'd! Sunflower, I'm glad somebody enjoyed my ridiculous captions :P (and I was not exaggerating about your hair koalalou I really want that haircut hhhh)
YEET

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1280 on: May 10, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Laufey, this makes me laugh every time I look at it.  I hope your hand slips more often!
Oh, uh.  Poor Haiz.  Yeah, um, that must hurt.  *BLAAAART*

I'm not sure which one takes the worse hit here, me or Haiz. Thank you, I will try to keep myself out of control.  :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1281 on: May 10, 2015, 07:52:31 PM »
Heheh, I have two, but it's not like I'm in a hurry to finish them. I did get an idea for yours today though :)
OOooh REALLY? hmMmMmM how about we officially agree to an art trade, but to just do our parts whenever it fits to do so? since it's gonna happen anyway eventually

I'm not sure which one takes the worse hit here, me or Haiz. Thank you, I will try to keep myself out of control.  :D
it's amazing how we keep hurting ourselves this way

also good night friends and trolls, I'm going to bed now while my post count is at 777
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1282 on: May 10, 2015, 08:00:35 PM »
OOooh REALLY? hmMmMmM how about we officially agree to an art trade, but to just do our parts whenever it fits to do so? since it's gonna happen anyway eventually

Sure sure! It'll be like three weeks from now, probably. Maybe two.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1283 on: May 11, 2015, 01:37:30 AM »
RealRedCloudYT that's adorable!! :D I agree with Haiz, we'll protect you from the scary cattank. If it tries to do even one thing I'd BURN IT TO THE GROUND not like i'd do that anyway, noooooo

Thanks~ If the Cattank does something to me, I'll help you to burn it! XD

1. thank you!!
2. because you live in spain and didn't travel all the way here for this three hour event
(also dinosaurs and old stuff is awesome)

1. Welcome!
2. Aw boohoo! ;_; (and more awesome if you are the only One in the museum and you touch the.. 3rd I guess? largest dinosaur bone in Europe)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:03:36 AM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1284 on: May 11, 2015, 03:42:06 AM »
Sure sure! It'll be like three weeks from now, probably. Maybe two.
Mine will HOPEFULLY happen around that time too, or it might happen this week before my finals start because I have zero self control

as illustrated by the fact that I just woke up knowing what my magesona's dreamworld outfit would look like and went straight to the drawing table

i forgot how uncooperative the blue ink is.... also I'm just gonna pretend I don't need glasses in the dreamworld

bonus 1) this is my dreamworld inspiration music

bonus 2) the belt quiver is a smaller version of this one:
Spoiler: show

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #1285 on: May 11, 2015, 04:50:03 AM »
I lost the bus to school today, so I spent the time waiting for the next one trying to figure out Karri's hair.

Btw, I'm planning to draw everyone who drew my sona, but I've kind of lost track of who exactly that is... <_<

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1286 on: May 11, 2015, 04:54:55 AM »
I lost the bus to school today, so I spent the time waiting for the next one trying to figure out Karri's hair.

Btw, I'm planning to draw everyone who drew my sona, but I've kind of lost track of who exactly that is... <_<

The 2nd great mystery of the SSSS self-insert world.

Did you check the pinterest page, all the "draw all the sonas" are there?

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1287 on: May 11, 2015, 04:59:24 AM »
That's a very cute Karri, Sigrid!!!
(also i drew a very quick ink-sketch of you in draw-everyone thing, not sure if it's worthy a draw back tbh O:)

The 2nd great mystery of the SSSS self-insert world.
what's the first
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:02:21 AM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1288 on: May 11, 2015, 05:33:03 AM »
what's the first

Accordion trolls.

(there's no actual list of great mysteries of the SSSS self-insert world).

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2015, 05:58:40 AM »
Accordion trolls.

(there's no actual list of great mysteries of the SSSS self-insert world).

Then I guess you're the only one who knows why accordion trolls, seeing you're entirely responsible that that bit happened. :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: