Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841201 times)

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1125 on: May 05, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »
Omigosh I'm unable to get online for a while, only to return and find that I have somehow become the creator of an amazing thread in my absence Q AQ Its so beautiful //touches gently//

Excuse me while I get caught up y'all //dives in//

Edit: Was just on page 2 and saw Haiz's art of the team
I think I died a little inside of happiness overload //rolls all over//

EditEdit: OH GOSH just got to page 4 Curry I love how you drew my hair Q 3Q //dives back in// is determines to go through each individual page because you people are amazing//

EditEditEdit:

Shane Lou
Age...21
Nationality...Canadian
Area of Birth...(idk?)Somewhere in Cape Breton
Gender...Female
Immunity...Yes
Profession...Scout
Languages...English, French, Gaelic (didn't feel like getting the tiny flags xP, also, this is not a reflection of my irl skills, I just think this would be true given the situation/area SSSS me grew up in)

Other Stuff:
--has some magical/spiritual ability, enough to know when something's up but not enough to warrant any training in the Canadian version of Magecreft
--has terrible eyesight, but wonderful hearing. Wears prescription goggles when out scouting, allows the world to blur and herself to run into other objects when in safer areas, relying mostly on scent and sound.
--has raised Jabberwocky since kitten-hood, and paid for her training. They are inseparable.
--was being moved from a military installation in Nova Scotia to an outpost in Newfoundland when her ship was blown off-course and she was ship-wrecked (that's how Haiz and I discussed SSSS-me getting to the land of post-apocalyptic vikings)
--cannot speak a word of any Scandinavian language, so communication is often...interesting
--enjoys people, but often disappears for hours to have some 'alone-time' and recharge her 'social-interaction-tank'
--enjoyed reading while back home, and managed to find quite a few books on vikings and Norse mythology. Doesn't quite understand where she was ship-wrecked, but has managed to put together her own exciting conclusions. "Omigosh you're all VIKINGS THAT IS SOOOOOOO COOL!!!" (lmao SSSS-me needs to learn how to speak the language/languages so she can be a little less ignorant xD)
--has a tendency to babble nervously/enthusiastically and act like a child one minute, then turn around and be quiet/shy and sometimes downright grumpy the next. Especially if she's been teased. She doesn't always know when she's being teased, so it tends to bug her and she'll pout for hours.

...that's all I can remember xD Everyone else had done a bio in the posts I've been reading through so I figured I might as well, now that I'm back xP
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:21:20 PM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1126 on: May 05, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
KOALALOU YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*
the self-insert trend took off, eheheh

also i want to see this top 10 list of oc hairstyles we should compare notes
(hairstyles as in fun to draw)
it's not a list, it's more than 10, and in no particular order:

but tbh all of you have fun hair to draw
I just love. drawing. hair.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 01:40:45 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1127 on: May 05, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »
To echo Curry, I too have not forgotten my promised art trades; I shall do at least two of them this week now that I'm out of school! I do promise that :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1128 on: May 05, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
Yooooo.

I approve.

Yay approval!
@Haiz: Love the very innocent I-can't-study-I'm-doing-something-important-expression there. I also like the dynamic poses of Galatea and Vafhudr. And haaaiir!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1129 on: May 05, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
Okay. So. Unlos. I scoured the the thread and this is what I found for your character submission.

So here's me.
Nationality: Norwegian
Interview with Trond goes something like this:
T: Soo have you had any experience yet?
Me: I'm really good at standing still and staying silent
T: But have you actually done anything?
Me: I've listened to all the storys from the other teams, shouldn't that coun't for something? And I really want that vacation?
T: Hmm, nno. Sorry Lady, we'll stick with our most best Captain Eide for now.

EDIT: I haven't put in age and profession. Hmm. I guess I would be a combined farmer/skald. Age 34, since it somehow fells like cheating to make a persona younger than my actual age. Apple farmer, maybe?

Did you change it at any time since then? Because if not, I will be using this for my template as I fulfill my part.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1130 on: May 05, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
Okay. So. Unlos. I scoured the the thread and this is what I found for your character submission.

Did you change it at any time since then? Because if not, I will be using this for my template as I fulfill my part.

Ehm I worked on an update actually:

As for the rest: Apple farmer, with an apple picker (I don't know if they are actually practical, but I liked the idea) for a weapon. Also adept at throwing apples and making cider, and legging it downhill in case she meets anything too big to whack.
Nationality: Norwegian. Speak norwegian, read slowly. Thinks icelandic looks sorta familiar but don't actually understand a word.
Probably from Gloppen in Nordfjord, since that is an area I have a slight claim on through my grandparents, and Oslo would land me right smack in the middle of troll-country.

Look-wise: Both of these are attempts at self-portraits, one where hair has met a brush, and one where it hasn't. I've put my SSSSona in the team uniform although she never made it to the team. I dont't have a good explanation for that one, except I like the uniform.. And name: Una, since it seems to be a trend to use actual names for our SSSSonas.

Don't take your part as an obligation, yeess more art trades!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1131 on: May 05, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
Oh. That was you.

@_@

Alright alrighty. I was not following closely the newest developments.
This makes my task much easier.

Apple picker? I was sure that was an odd lacrosse stick. Nevertheless.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1132 on: May 05, 2015, 05:54:32 PM »

Yess, more sketches for the cause. I'll have to admit though, at this point there's so many inserts out there that I can't quite tell who is who without the name labes.

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1133 on: May 05, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »
Yess, more sketches for the cause. I'll have to admit though, at this point there's so many inserts out there that I can't quite tell who is who without the name labes.
okay lemme see
row 1: Silenter, Baku, you (HOW LONG IS THE HAIR SUPPOSED TO BE)
row 2: RandomTexanReader, Lenny, Gwenno, Vafhudr
row 3: Curry, Mamelukkikala, Koalalou, either Tabeabd or Daéa Reina (both got long flowy hair and Tiny Braid so it doesn't matter in this context of Fun Hair to Draw)
row 4: KicknRun, Mithrysc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1134 on: May 05, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »

Why does everyone think my hair is cool it is a pain. A cool looking pain, I guess.
(you drew me yes good thanks)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Baku

• Hot Dad Squad
« Reply #1135 on: May 05, 2015, 09:45:45 PM »

YES, all of the floofy hair (and some not so floofy, but still awesome)!
native: :usa: / learning: :germany: / some day: :denmark:
art tumblr/ flight rising/ disqus - :chap6: :chap7:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1136 on: May 05, 2015, 11:53:43 PM »
Updated WIP. Newly added: Karri just after a sucessful demolition of a troll nest.

I was inspired by nearly losing my eyebrows at work today. (we doing a control burn recently and I was poking around mopping up hot spots and a stump was just smoldering till a cloud hit it and the smoke decided to torch off as I was standing next to it.)

Questions complaints and suggested changes before I finalize everything and scan it all?

@Curry: Gloves or no?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:55:40 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1137 on: May 06, 2015, 02:16:41 AM »

They look awesome! I love the idea of using the spear for magic :D

Omigosh I'm unable to get online for a while, only to return and find that I have somehow become the creator of an amazing thread in my absence Q AQ Its so beautiful //touches gently//
Welcome back! :D This wonderful thread keeps on expanding like crazy ^^

Ehm I worked on an update actually:

As for the rest: Apple farmer, with an apple picker (I don't know if they are actually practical, but I liked the idea) for a weapon. Also adept at throwing apples and making cider, and legging it downhill in case she meets anything too big to whack.
I really want to see her chasing a troll with her apple picker and flinging apples at it xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1138 on: May 06, 2015, 03:23:02 AM »
They look awesome! I love the idea of using the spear for magic :D
Thanks! .......I kinda shamelessly stole the idea from Almond-Goddess:

*points at top right corner*

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1139 on: May 06, 2015, 07:00:58 AM »
Updated WIP. Newly added: Karri just after a sucessful demolition of a troll nest.

I was inspired by nearly losing my eyebrows at work today. (we doing a control burn recently and I was poking around mopping up hot spots and a stump was just smoldering till a cloud hit it and the smoke decided to torch off as I was standing next to it.)

Questions complaints and suggested changes before I finalize everything and scan it all?

@Curry: Gloves or no?

I look great! And yes, I do have black gloves. They're pretty formfitting and they go up to a little before the elbow (not sure how much info you'd need 8))
YEET